Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight Loss/ Strength Loss

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm sad as hell.....

Haha, well not really, just a little disappointed. These past few weeks I've been on cloud 9 because the decrease in my body's fat percentages is becoming more visible.

So I goto the gym as usual, and the weight I used to lower my body fat percentage I can no longer lift! The **** is crazy, its like its really too heavy. Haha. Maybe what they say about cardio is true.

Anyways, I'm starting with low weight/ high reps to get my strength back, just thought I'd share.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, apparently a lot of people care about calves. I've actually stopped wearing shorts to the gym because I got sick and tired of being interrupted once or twice almost every workout by some guy asking what I did to get my calves so big. I always snicker to myself because my Dad at age 70 still has calves that put me to shame...he literally could enter a bodybuilding competition for calves and win no contest...still has 21" calves that are just unbelievably muscular(down from 23.5" when I was growing up).

In comparison mine are only 17.5", but they are thickly muscled diamonds with veins shooting through them all over the place, so they look bigger than they are I think...

To respond to the OP's concern about strength loss with weight loss, that happens a lot. I've found a few things out from personal experience.

1) If you are on a low carb/keto diet for any length of time it will significantly lower your strength and make your muscles look/feel flat, likely due to loss of glycogen contained in them.

2) To combat strength loss while losing weight focus on eating enough protein and lifting heavy. IE, 5 sets of 3-5 reps, heavy weight. This will help to maintain your muscle mass and ensure you are not losing as much as you normally would while losing weight.

Low weight/high reps is not going to do anything to get your strength back unless you are training volume, with low rest periods, like doing Gironda 8x8's...