Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to go to the Olympics

ThrowAwayAccount

Reaction score
I don't need general advice of "work hard" "train every day" or "you gotta lift" or something like that. Is there any sort of mental trick/technique to get your mind focused and gets the blood flowing strictly to muscles or something? Or gets you in the zone. What about some kind of specific training method to increase muscular contraction?

One of the biggest things I am trying to figure out is how to turn off my body's limits. I read about a man named Sinjin Eberle and how he pushed off a 1200 lb boulder off of him. Is there any way to gain that sort of strength naturally (w/o any sort of banned substance e.g. methamphetamine)? Or can I imagine myself in a life-or-death situation that can give me strength?

Any sort of info is greatly appreciated.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I assume you mean the 2020 Olympics as thats a much more realistic timeframe to prepare for.

You would need to give us a bit more info like what sport you are trying to compete in for instance.

The 100M sprint will require different preparation than boxing or the iron man triathalon or badminton.

How long have you been playing your sport for and how good are you at it.
What are the entry/junior levels of the sport?

How do you fit it in around your working life etc. And you would probably need to look for sponsorship.

ThrowAwayAccount

Reaction score
Yes it is the 2020 Olympics, maybe 2024. I want to compete in the 100m freestyle and 50m freestyle. I just recently turned 16. I'm a junior in high school though because I started school a year early (I should be a sophomore).

From the end of freshman year to the end of sophomore year, I dropped about 9 seconds in the 100yd freestyle. I couldn't break a minute as a freshman, but as a sophomore, my best time was a 51.03 (granted, it was through a relay exchange, but still). My best 100yd freestyle time is currently a 49.17, but I never trained for it as a freshman or sophomore or even this year during the swim season. This is a AAA time standard.

Freshman year, my best 50yd freestyle time was a 26.47 and as a sophomore, somewhere between 24 seconds and 25. As a junior, our 200 yd freestyle relay made state. I had the fastest split (relay exchange) with a time of 20.96. That places me as one of, if not, the fastest swimmer in my school's history. There were only 4 people to ever break 21 seconds in a 50 free (all of them were relay exchanges too); I am one of those 4, but the other 3 people had fullbody closed-back polyurethane technical speedsuits, which are now banned because they are too 'fast' as in they are extremely hydro-repellent/hydrophobic and buoyant (I mean sh!t, they're so fast you don't even know what I really said lol).

These times are in yards because the US does everything in yards, obviously.

You can find the time standards here: http://www.usaswimming.org/_Rainbow...-38aea59b0008/2016MotivationalTimes-Top16.pdf
Don't look at the first page because that is in meters. The second page is in yards so that is the one to go by.

I have been swimming competitively for 5 years now. Right now it is water polo season for high school so I am doing that instead of strict swim practice. It keeps me from getting burnt out. But throughout the rest of the year I am swimming. During the fall, I do both swimming and water polo [swim practice in the evening, polo practice at like 5:30 AM which does suck btw, but only on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays).

I have thought about quitting polo and only doing swimming next year, but that is the last time for me to ever have fun with swimming related stuff, and I don't want to plateau either, or get burnt out.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to go too, but can never get the really good tickets, have to settle for stuff like "horseback badminton" and such by the time I get around to buying them.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT: Wrong subject. [DELETE]

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThrowAwayAccount said:
I don't need general advice of "work hard" "train every day" or "you gotta lift" or something like that. Is there any sort of mental trick/technique to get your mind focused and gets the blood flowing strictly to muscles or something? Or gets you in the zone. What about some kind of specific training method to increase muscular contraction?

One of the biggest things I am trying to figure out is how to turn off my body's limits. I read about a man named Sinjin Eberle and how he pushed off a 1200 lb boulder off of him. Is there any way to gain that sort of strength naturally (w/o any sort of banned substance e.g. methamphetamine)? Or can I imagine myself in a life-or-death situation that can give me strength?

Any sort of info is greatly appreciated.
Yes, that strength comes from not wanting to die. To get this strength, put yourself in a position where you might die and then try to prevent it from happening.

You may succeed, or you may not.