Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gaining strength without getting bulkier

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do I make my muscles stronger and increase its endurance without having to look like Arnold S? Is it on the reps? The speed? Weight training is out of the question for me because I find going to the gym expensive. I only do pull ups, push ups, and resistance bands.

Thanks.

TheStig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
How do I make my muscles stronger and increase its endurance without having to look like Arnold S?

TheSlasher said:
do pull ups, push ups, and resistance bands.
You answered your own question.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheStig said:
You answered your own question.
Ok. But I'm not sure if there will be a difference if I do more and faster reps in smaller motions. Or if I would get bulkier if I do the these workouts slowly.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Believe me you have nothing to worry about. You won't get jacked that easily.

Eat at maintenance calories if you don't want to gain.

TheSlasher

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
[S]alvatore said:
Believe me you have nothing to worry about. You won't get jacked that easily.

Eat at maintenance calories if you don't want to gain.
Calories? Their excess turn tp fat right? I thought it would be proteins that would bulk up my muscle mass.

MtnMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, I have been trying to gain some bulk for 4 months and gained maybe 5lbs. I'm definitely getting stronger and very toned, but gaining bulk ain't easy man. I don't think you have to worry about that.

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time under tension x load for hypertrophy, longer sets and you're training for the pump.

Strength training go for sets of 3-5 reps, maximum effort and longer rests.

But starting out, it won't matter what you do as long as you train hard and eat right you will get stronger.

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheSlasher said:
Calories? Their excess turn tp fat right? I thought it would be proteins that would bulk up my muscle mass.
Yes, excess calories will cause an increase in mass. That is why I said to eat at MAINTENANCE calories, and not excess or surplus.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You dont want to bulk, you dont want to be as big as Arnold and you dont want to lift weights... I dont think your gonna gain much of anything.

Eat a clean diet, eat less if you need to and do your body weight exercises for higher reps. Shouldnt bee to complicated.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth is that you can lose fat without weight lifting.
You can lose muscle without weight lifting.

If you want to only do body weight exercises and stay out of the gym, you'll have to get crafty.

You don't need iron weights. But, you do need to increase the tension load your muscles are under if you want them to get larger. Also, you'll have to eat more calories than you burn to grow muscle.

If you just want to maintain your current size and get stronger, you'll have to force your muscles to do more work. High weight, very low reps, several sets. Like, 6-8 sets of 3 with 85% of your one lift max.

To gain muscle size, you'd typically need to do moderate weight, moderate reps. Like 4 sets of 8-10 with 65% of your one lift max.

To gain stamina/endurance in your muscles, 2 to 3 sets of 12-18 reps with about 50% of your one lift max.

Having said all that, the internet is absolutely filled with various conflicting details about how to do this or that. It can be really tough to sort out the details, as to who's telling it true, and who's just trying to sell supplements.