Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

IOIs left and Right from Colleague

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting situation

Long story short, there's a woman I find a attractive who also happens to be my colleague (volunteers for the same organization). She is also in the same honors program I am in at school. I am not sure if I am reading the signs too closely or if she's actually sending messages, so I wanted to ask you all for your opinion.

Lately, she:
-Initiates conversations often (about ANYTHING)
-Automatically assumes higher intellectual value in me
-Asks questions to which she should know the answers, by the very virtue of her position as a colleague and honors student
-Smiles often
-Feels comfortable in my proximity
-Asks me for leadership

Quick reference: I was looking at a document in her computer the other day. I asked her a question about it, and she immediately came over and came VERY close to me and my face. In addition, I had my hand on the mousepad of her computer and she began using the trackpad obviously touching my hand in the process.

THE GOOD: She may end her connection to the institution in two months, so we would not have the labor wall between us (I don't like dating women in these situations) and I can do whatever with her.

THE BAD: Any involvement with her, if it hit the fan, would be a negative impact to my reputation. However, she's seems hot for me now, so I don't want to send signs of DISINTEREST. I gave her a compliment today about her earrings and she was all smiles.

To wrap it up, she JUST saw me talking to another woman outside. What did she do? "Pssst! Hi, Masculinity ;)" and waved at me. Got to love women and their competitive instincts!

If this situation were outside of the field of work, I would easily pursue this woman. However, this is the first time this happens to me at. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No responses--really...?

YAboi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should live up to your username by telling her to come chill at your place or a cafe and then conversate on some light fluff topics for 30 minutes then, pull her close and peck her cheek. You will know what to do from then on.....The key is not the moves you make. The key is being willing to make moves in the 1st place and not caring excessively about the end result of those moves but using them as experience gained for next time.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go with her for coffee at lunch time and use some moves there. If all goes well you'll be doing that on a more frequent basis and f*cking her within the next couple of weeks. Good luck.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what do you want us to say :confused:

go ask her out already

less thinking more doing !

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Branch swinger?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wrong, guys! I asked her out and apparently she was just being super friendly because SES comfortable, but she isn't interested in me. NEXT! ;)

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Masculinity said:
Long story short, there's a woman I find a attractive who also happens to be my colleague (volunteers for the same organization). She is also in the same honors program I am in at school. I am not sure if I am reading the signs too closely or if she's actually sending messages, so I wanted to ask you all for your opinion.

Lately, she:
-Initiates conversations often (about ANYTHING)
-Automatically assumes higher intellectual value in me
-Asks questions to which she should know the answers, by the very virtue of her position as a colleague and honors student
-Smiles often
-Feels comfortable in my proximity
-Asks me for leadership

Quick reference: I was looking at a document in her computer the other day. I asked her a question about it, and she immediately came over and came VERY close to me and my face. In addition, I had my hand on the mousepad of her computer and she began using the trackpad obviously touching my hand in the process.

THE GOOD: She may end her connection to the institution in two months, so we would not have the labor wall between us (I don't like dating women in these situations) and I can do whatever with her.

THE BAD: Any involvement with her, if it hit the fan, would be a negative impact to my reputation. However, she's seems hot for me now, so I don't want to send signs of DISINTEREST. I gave her a compliment today about her earrings and she was all smiles.

To wrap it up, she JUST saw me talking to another woman outside. What did she do? "Pssst! Hi, Masculinity ;)" and waved at me. Got to love women and their competitive instincts!

If this situation were outside of the field of work, I would easily pursue this woman. However, this is the first time this happens to me at. What do you guys think?

I don't see any actual IOI's, she is not nervous around you, she is not asking you questions about you, she is not really flirting. You are reading too much into a girl that is purely friendly. That is all. I don't think she was trying to compete when she saw you talking to another girl, I think she was trying to help you out by making it look to her like you have other prospects. This girl only thinks of you as a colleague/friend. Use her as a wing man though, she seems game for that. Social proof is always good.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
Masculinity said:
I was wrong, guys! I asked her out and apparently she was just being super friendly because SES comfortable, but she isn't interested in me. NEXT! ;)
Ok, she NEXTED you first. Why? because she only sees you as a friend or colleague. In other words, in a nonsexual manner.

Perhaps you waited too long to make a move. Shoot first, ask questions later. You'll get more respect by showing your sexual side than starting off as a boring nice guy.

Alas, IOIs don't mean sh*t. There are only two.

1. She says yes to your date etc. and her actions back it up as such.
2. She has sex with you.

Judge nismo's ruling.

Case closed. Stop overanalyzing.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jnMissouri said:
I don't see any actual IOI's, she is not nervous around you, she is not asking you questions about you, she is not really flirting. You are reading too much into a girl that is purely friendly. That is all. I don't think she was trying to compete when she saw you talking to another girl, I think she was trying to help you out by making it look to her like you have other prospects. This girl only thinks of you as a colleague/friend. Use her as a wing man though, she seems game for that. Social proof is always good.
It's important to remember that we are not biased into thinking we knew the outcome beforehand because, well, the outcome is now known. We all make mistakes, though. Life goes on!

GettinMyMindRight said:
Details? Why is she not interested?

You da man, though.
I'm not sure why she isn't interested. What encourages me is that it was not something that was lacking on my end.

nismo-4 said:
Ok, she NEXTED you first. Why? because she only sees you as a friend or colleague. In other words, in a nonsexual manner.

Perhaps you waited too long to make a move. Shoot first, ask questions later. You'll get more respect by showing your sexual side than starting off as a boring nice guy.

Alas, IOIs don't mean sh*t. There are only two.

1. She says yes to your date etc. and her actions back it up as such.
2. She has sex with you.

Judge nismo's ruling.

Case closed. Stop overanalyzing.
I agree. Sex and yes to dates are the ultimate IOIs