Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Atom Smasher's Weekly Goal-Setters' Club

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, this is a place where we can set short-term, weekly goals. Feel free to join in.

My goals this week are to lose 5 lbs., and to lift weights 3 times this week. Also a haircut.

Goals are due on Saturday.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By 5lb I assume you mean 5lb of fat? Losing 5lb of fat a week is a terrible goal to have.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 lbs of fat this week.

Naturally, that much fat loss can't be sustained for long. It's easy in week one, though. I've already lost 3 since Saturday, simply from limiting sugar and walking every day.

Next week will be another 2 lbs, then the following another 2, and I'll be where I should be.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To lose 5lb of fat in a week (week one or not), you're looking at a deficit of 2500 calories a day. Good luck achieving that with limiting sugar and walking (which burns practically nothing).

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3.5 lbs. down since Saturday. Body fat percentage down.

Thanks for the advice, but not everyone fits your template, and people within vastly different age groups (as you and I are) will respond differently.

Don't attempt to turn my thread into a silly argument to show off how much you think you know about physiology and metabolic processes. This is a thread for men to report their short-term goals and accomplish them. I'm not going to let it get derailed.

See that PM link? Use it if you have so much time on your hands and you can't get to sleep knowing that Atom Smasher is losing 5 lbs. in a week.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1lb fat = 3500 calories. I didn't invent physics.

You're losing water weight. But do go on.

Perry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually just lurk, but hey, what the hell. This week I am going to do 1000 pushups and read half of the first LOTR book.

sexysuave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug,

My best friend just lost 15 pounds in the last 15 days. May not have been all fat, a lot of it probably water weight, but the OP said he will lose 5 LBS in a week. This is very possible. Not everyone is aware of what exactly they're losing down to exact science when losing LBS, and that's ok. The important thing here is that people are making goals and trying to accomplish something. If the OP wants to lose 5 pounds in a week, then let him lose 5 pounds in a week. If you see some serious concerns with it, hit him up in private and let him know man. No need to come out here and ridicule him just because you're knowledgable on the subject. No offense.

Goals:

-Keep up with my workouts (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday)

-Pay off my ticket for running a red light

-Finish reading the book "the blink" that I started reading the other day.

-Put a few new products up on www.supps4us.com :rockon:

-Finish my reviews at work

-Write at least a chapter for a novel I'm working on

-Get a haircut

-Make sure to call parents and catch up with them

-Make sure I nail my gf everytime I get a chance

-Finish up work on "the rework project" at work

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome, Perry. Way to go. I wish you all success. Just don't set the bar too high to start off. If you want to amend the goals, that's fine, but if you can do all that, great. I find it's best to ramp up by setting modest, easily achievable goals and work up from there. That keeps me in the game and avoids overwhelm. Whatever you decide, I'm rooting for your success.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sexysuave said:
the OP said he will lose 5 LBS in a week. This is very possible. Not everyone is aware of what exactly they're losing down to exact science when losing LBS, and that's ok. The important thing here is that people are making goals and trying to accomplish something. If the OP wants to lose 5 pounds in a week, then let him lose 5 pounds in a week.
Zactly, sexysuave. What I do know is that I cut out sugar (my mortal enemy) and I'm walking/running every day, lifting 3X per week and the excess weight is disappearing. I already feel a difference in my waistline.

I expect 2 lbs next week as the initial easy weight loss ends and I'll be slowly replacing fat with more muscle. I usually become much less concerned about the scale after that (except to check body fat %) and let my eyes and fit of my clothes gauge my progress since I will be building muscle weight.

Welcome to the club. You've got a lot of stuff on your plate. I wish you all success.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, I guess I'll join to keep my goals in check.

1. Workout on Wednesday and Friday.
2. Gain weight by eating more and gulping milk
3. Get Chemistry and Biology done by Sunday.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome, Konada. We're all behind you on your success.

You might want to visit the health & fitness forum here at SS to get some advice from the health-minded guys on healthy ways to gain weight.

I remember back in the day I was skinny as a rail, trying out for the football team, and gulping down massive quanitities of Joe Weider's "Dynamic Weight Gain". Little did I know the effect would be delayed for a couple decades! ;)

Got get 'em, dude. I'll expect to see a report from you on Sunday.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup I have been on the H & F section for quite some time now. You might want to look up on my workout journal in the h&f section if you have time.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug, you're assuming everyone is like you. Some people are larger and more muscular with faster metabolisms and different diets and can exercise more. 5lbs of fat loss per week is very possible if you do everything right and you raise the basal metabolic rate enough and lower the calorie intake enough.

Enough about this, this is a goal thread not a H&F thread. Let's keep it that way. Also this thread is a sticky for the time being.

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck Atom and Konada.

My goals for this week:
1. Hit the gym 6 times (4 out of 6 done - running out of gas, expect to complete Saturday).
2. Get my teeth cleaned, and schedule a doctor check up. (expect to complete Friday).
3. Get calipers to measure body fat (expect to complete Saturday).

Reward for meeting weekly goals: New dress shirt.

Last edited:

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There ya go, EA. I like the reward system you're using. Very effective.

Perry

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im gonna add one since I'm already dominating my goals now. I'm going to stretch at least 3 days this week, starting today.

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Get some new shoes.
2. Get 2 new girls in my rotation since I f*cked 2 new girls this week

That's pretty much it for the week. Paycheck tommorow so 1 should be easy.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, just a word of encouragement. It's Thursday already and we all report in on the weekend how we did. Let's rally and make it happen!

I'm well on my way to success this week. One more workout to go. Haircut is done. I'm already getting more looks from the ladies which is a nice bonus. I went to work extra early today, got done and now I'm going to take a well-earned siesta. See y'all on Saturday (and Sunday for some).

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One more workout to go
:up:

Ah, just one more work out session. Pump it like you mean it.

My goals for this week:
1. Hit the gym 6 times (5 out of 6 done - one more, one more, heart of a champion, expect to complete Saturday).
2. Get my teeth cleaned, and schedule a doctor check up. (done).
3. Get calipers to measure body fat (ordered online, done).

Last edited: