Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feminists and video games; let them do what they want. The market will crush them

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Feminists and video games; let them do what they want. The free market will crush them. Given that the average gamer is a white male, if feminists decide to create a crap game, it'll fizzle out on its own.

Creating video games is a money making venture, not a platform for social change.

Special EDy

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a large number of female gamers, 48% of gamers are female according to the Washington Times.

Video games are also quickly becoming educational platforms.

I totally agree with you, the market will continue to cater towards what sells. But other demographics will buy games suited to their taste as well.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only reason why it appears that there are so many "female video gamers" its because facebook has farmville or that other stuff plus mobiles, video games as we consider them in the traditional sense is a male dominated market.

Honestly it already pissed me off when metroid main character was a woman, no need for extra diversity...whats next, female generals in rome total war?
Or better yet a video game where you cannot lose, you just restart the moment before u get killed with 10 secs of invulnerability, of course all players unlocks all achievement, is that "nice" enough so nobody feels bad?

Just leave us a godman corner where to stay in peace in our private homes, enough with your sickness in our work places and social meetings.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who Dares Win said:
The only reason why it appears that there are so many "female video gamers" its because facebook has farmville or that other stuff plus mobiles, video games as we consider them in the traditional sense is a male dominated market.
Bingo. Those "hordes of female gamers" stats that pop up from time to time are cooked to the hilt, probably based on survey studies that count Windows Solitaire as a video game. I have played MMOs in the past and it's an ongoing joke that female characters in the games are almost never female IRL. Maybe 10-15% of actual gamers, MMORPG, FPS, RTS are women. I met a woman years ago who played heroes of might and magic, one of the greatest computer strategy games of all time, and almost fell off my chair.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Agreed.

48% is total bullsh!t. The surveys are probably worded like "have you ever played a video game before?"

Women dont game the way men do. They might dabble in a fun and easy game once or twice a year, but I'd venture to say 85%+ of console and computer game purchases (and even more players) are male. Let them make their garbage equality games, in the meantime the real gaming population will be stealing cars and screwing strippers in GTA 5.

dasein

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The takeaway is that any statistic about anything gender-related that comes out of mainstream media is suspicious at best. Why do we live in a media culture where thousands of out and out lies are peddled daily with no recourse at all? If I start a business, and start publishing specious stats in my advertising, I will be sued into oblivion and shut down by regulators near instantly. Yet the same rules do not apply to all the fraudulent stats that literally pour out of MSM. Really sick and tired of it.