Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Marijuana subculture.... rookie question

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
... alright y'all, my job is damn near driving me to the edge of my sanity....

I do cardio everyday and weight train every other day as a way to vent anger and frustration...

... I also frequent massage parlors and strip clubs 2 night out of the week to relieve stress...

but it's not working anymore, so now I need a new way to calm my nerves.

As a rookie, I'd like to know the best LEGAL way to get started smoking MJ medicinally. Or would it be better to start off with eadibles like cupcakes and brownies laced with THC??

:rockon:

PS: I'm a Cali guy so any advice from Los Angeles dudes might be more relevant to my situation. thanks

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is coming from a career weed smoker. I started smoking at 13 smoked on and off till last year.. Don't bother.

Idc what they say, it drains your motivation and even if you are one of the people who focus well high you'll focus better sober. Find another release..

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
If you need any recreational drug to anything more than have some fun, you shouldn't start in the first place.

Don't make lame excuses to smoke pot. If you want a joint, smoke a joint.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_flying_dutchman said:
As a rookie, I'd like to know the best LEGAL way to get started smoking MJ medicinally.
I won't comment on the rest of your post, because I think you're just trying to cover up your frustration with work. However, I am a big fan of pot myself, but I quit smoking a few years ago pretty much for only legal reasons (job, etc.). Plus, messing with drug dealers isn't ideal for a married guy with kids. So I myself am interested in the legal aspects of acquiring some weed. I've often wondered if I could just go out to Colorado and grab some there.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're in California. Just get a med card and visit a dispensary. Or just wait until the next election, because it looks like legalization is coming to a lot more states who want to follow the examples of Colorado and Washington.

Edibles are a different buzz than smoking. It's more mellow and lasts longer. Don't eat too much, or you will be wanting it to wear off long before it does.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vaping is probably safer. You can use bud as well as oil which is stronger.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do it man. Try yoga or something else instead.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cola said:
This is coming from a career weed smoker. I started smoking at 13 smoked on and off till last year.. Don't bother.

Idc what they say, it drains your motivation and even if you are one of the people who focus well high you'll focus better sober. Find another release..
I agree with cola. I'm also a career weed smoker. I started when I was 15. I've quit off and on since then, but always go back. It does drain your motivation. When I smoke earlier in the day, I end up feeling all tired and lazy later on. I also can not talk to women at all when I'm high, so I try to only smoke when I'm in for the night.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I highly recommend you try vaping with 3-6 MG nicotine contents if your stress is really that incontrollable. Or actually try and control your anger in another way, like a punching bag or something.

But if you really want the weed route, do not start off with edibles. Even though it's just weed, that doesn't mean you can get so high that you literally trip out and possibly have a 'bad trip-' they're not fun.

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard cannabis can actually make feel great. Is this true? I don't smoke that $hit I packed it in like 8 years ago. After smoking i always felt inward looking and pretty drained afterwards as well as being unproductive and lazy. I think it was because at the time I was quite a depressive. One buddy I had at the time was always feeling on top of the world after getting stoned (or so he said). Is this true? Can you feel really good after smoking that $hit?

Reaction score
take up martial arts training instead or IPSC combat pistol shooting. You'll be learning a useful skill, forced to focus and still experience relief. All smoke is toxic, anyone deliberately inhaling it is a moron.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently educating myself on california's laws.

The good news so far is that getting a card falls under HIPAA laws and therefore employers cannot find out that I have a card.

Of course, employers are allowed to terminate employment should I fail a drug test for MJ.

There's also a lot of grey area and in some cities cops are more harsh and other cities they just ignore MJ all together.

Reaction score
if you ever fail a drug test, I bet that negative info follows you for the rest of your working life. It's a REALLY stupid risk to take.

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay so I just got a doctor's recommendation to smoke medical marijuana...

...honestly the entire process is a joke and an insult to the medical profession and it's obvious that a lot of unscrupulous doctor's are taking advantage of the system..

I told the doctor that I had chronic pain (which is BS) and that I think medical MJ might help... his response was this:

"hmmmmm....okay...." then he signed the paperwork and the appointment was over in about 3 minutes...

It took longer to fill out the forms than the actual consultation.

The consultation was $60 for about 3 minutes of "work" on the doctor's part.

I can see why a lot of cali doctors are jumping on board with this because it's literally getting paid to do nothing but sign a piece of paper...

Anyways... next step is to visit a dispensary and learn about the strains...

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pot is natural. Pot is fine. Pot takes away pain and calms anxiety. It helps you sleep. If helps you eat if you have trouble eating. Get your card.

"Idc what they say, it drains your motivation and even if you are one of the people who focus well high you'll focus better sober. Find another release.."

You don't care what they say? Based on your last sentence it's really hard to tell if you've smoked weed or not.

You lost motivation? Did you constantly smoke Indica?

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
^^^^I wish it were that easy in FLA. I blame the archaic system. If they'd freaking just legalize it, everybody would benefit: the users, the taxpayers, the businesses, the medical profession (pot will eventually be pharmaceuticalized in one form or another).

I look forward to the day I see pot in being prescribed and/or sold behind glass.

As long as they get paid, these doctors hand out prescriptions like cotton candy...

Reaction score
drs and big labor are who got dope made illegal in the First place. labor didn't want to competed with chinese, who would bust arse all day for a hit of opium. dr's wanted to FORCE everyone to come to them for a script. So the Harrison Act of 1914 got shoved down everyone's throat and now everyone is brainwashed into just accepting Big Brother telling them what they can ingest or inhale.