Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Aurora Shooter Found Guilty on all charges

Reaction score
what needs to stop is arresting them. Plenty of eyewitnesses, why can't the cops just gut shoot them on sight? Saves millions of $. Also, why aint it a felony to mention their names or show their pics? Notoriety is what they seek. why give it to them?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
prison/con.net said:
what needs to stop is arresting them. Plenty of eyewitnesses, why can't the cops just gut shoot them on sight? Saves millions of $.
The KKK used to be good at that sort of thing. But I sense some sarcasm in your post, maybe I'm wrong.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No sarcasm with gunkid, samspade. He's got some valuable insight sometimes.

He's starting to post a little too much though and will eventually get himself banned like he's done dozens of times before.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see what you guys are saying.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
prison/con.net said:
what needs to stop is arresting them. Plenty of eyewitnesses, why can't the cops just gut shoot them on sight? Saves millions of $. Also, why aint it a felony to mention their names or show their pics? Notoriety is what they seek. why give it to them?

Summary justice isn't justice at all. It's ego mixed with vengeance.

If you want to go that route, okay.

Don't be surprised when someone kills you because your dog took a dump on his lawn.

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He who is without sin can cast the first stone.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamTheHobit said:
He who is without sin can cast the first stone.
Romans 13 New Living Translation (NLT)

Respect for Authority
13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished. 3 For the authorities do not strike fear in people who are doing right, but in those who are doing wrong. Would you like to live without fear of the authorities? Do what is right, and they will honor you. 4 The authorities are God’s servants, sent for your good. But if you are doing wrong, of course you should be afraid, for they have the power to punish you. They are God’s servants, sent for the very purpose of punishing those who do what is wrong. 5 So you must submit to them, not only to avoid punishment, but also to keep a clear conscience.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very pro death penalty if anything it's not given enough and it's too light. You didn't see dudes in the 17th century going on shooting rampages and **** like that, they'd literally be burned alive.

"oh the death penalty is the easy way out let them rot" no take them, gulge out their eyes, filet them alive and take their dics and cut them off and stuff them in their mouth. you do that a few times and people will think twice about mass shootings

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I'm very pro death penalty if anything it's not given enough and it's too light. You didn't see dudes in the 17th century going on shooting rampages and **** like that, they'd literally be burned alive.

"oh the death penalty is the easy way out let them rot" no take them, gulge out their eyes, filet them alive and take their dics and cut them off and stuff them in their mouth. you do that a few times and people will think twice about mass shootings
Agree, pain is the only true deterrent. Death is punishment sure, but the threat of death AND pain will PREVENT future crimes from happening.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Romans 13 New Living Translation (NLT)

Respect for Authority
13 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. 2 So anyone who rebels against authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and they will be punished.
Too eagerly submissive for my tastes.

In the circumstance of the Aurora shooter, before officers arrived HE was the authority. I don't believe he was placed there by God. I might submit to save my life, but not because I believe he was carrying out God's will.

Such passages were written by men who wanted to bend people to their will. History is littered with examples of abuse of "holy" authority (and some God-less as well).

And for those of you who prefer to dispense with the drudgery of a trial - you might as well include all rape accusations. As we've seen, Twitter can handle the caseload without all that annoying evidence. Who cares if you're falsely accused, at least it will end rape.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
speed dawg said:
Agree, pain is the only true deterrent. Death is punishment sure, but the threat of death AND pain will PREVENT future crimes from happening.
Capital punishment has been around for eons but violent crime continues.

Besides that, I believe you show far too much faith in the state. The government can barely deliver the mail. I don't trust it with this level of punishment, and as we've seen it's made plenty of mistakes.

Not flaming you, speed dawg, I respect your opinion but I disagree.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
The Problem with Capital Punishment

Here's why I lean against capital punishment, (except in cases where there is incontrovertible proof that the defendants are guilty,) I don't trust prosecutors. Those mutaf*ckas will and have literally sent men to death row on faulty evidence and have knowingly violated the Brady rule. Every few months or so you'll hear about some dude who has years, (sometimes a decade or more,) in the pen, some of it on death row. Hell some dudes have come within hours of execution, only to be exonerated via DNA evidence, witness recanting testimony, or in extremely rare cases, the D.A. who prosecuted the case will come forward and admit that he engaged in f*ckery concerning the evidence.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I'm very pro death penalty if anything it's not given enough and it's too light. You didn't see dudes in the 17th century going on shooting rampages and **** like that,
Dude, considering that the guns of the 1600's were front loaded arquebuses and pistols, that took a minimum of a minute to load, it would be kinda hard to go on a shooting rampage.

backbreaker said:
they'd literally be burned alive.
Only those convicted of heresy were burned at the stake.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maximus Rex said:
Here's why I lean against capital punishment, (except in cases where there is incontrovertible proof that the defendants are guilty,) I don't trust prosecutors. Those mutaf*ckas will and have literally sent men to death row on faulty evidence and have knowingly violated the Brady rule. Every few months or so you'll hear about some dude who has years, (sometimes a decade or more,) in the pen, some of it on death row. Hell some dudes have come within hours of execution, only to be exonerated via DNA evidence, witness recanting testimony, or in extremely rare cases, the D.A. who prosecuted the case will come forward and admit that he engaged in f*ckery concerning the evidence.
Acceptable losses.

Better to be sure you purge all the guilty and throw some innocents to the flame as well, I say.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, to put that conversation more in context, he was being questioned by the Pharisees over whether it was right to pay taxes to the Romans. If he said 'no,' they would report him to the Romans for treason. But if he said 'yes,' then the Pharisees could denounce him as disloyal to his own people.

The Amish don't believe in the validity of the US government. But they are pacifists, so the government doesn't care. Plus, they still pay the taxes they owe to that government they don't believe in, just like the Jews did with the Romans.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Jesus said to give to Caesar what is Caesar's.
Jesus said that because Caesar Kingdom is different from God kingdom

Give Caesar what belongs to his kingdom

Give God what belong to his kingdom

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
In my mind the death penalty is a societal tool intended for societal well-being, and every tool that is designed to benefit society is, to some degree, imperfect.

The interstate highway system, for example, allows millions of drivers every day to travel cross-country at dangerously accelerated rates of speed. People die on these freeways, but would it make sense to ban freeways just because a relatively few individuals die traveling them?

Same goes for the death penalty: an innocent person's being sentenced to death does NOT constitute banning the DP.

The DP is beneficial for society: it ensures that murderers will incur serious consequences for their chosen acts. After all, the ultimate sin deserves the ultimate penalty, right? Makes sense to me.
This is strange coming from a guy who leans left (as you have admitted before). The left is notorious for making decisions based on exceptions rather than the rule.