Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

need new threads. few people know

Reaction score
how to make a proper forefist strike, or even shape their hand/wrist properly, not "throw" or hunch their shoulder, etc. All of your punche's power comes from your tricep. Your biceps contributes NOTHING and your shoulder contributes too little to matter any. If you take a proper, balanced step as you punch, that adds power, and so does having your knees bent a little bit as you strike and then straighten them as your fist penetrates.

A guy who has really trained can hurt you 3-4x worse than the average guy can(with a punch). In fact, he can crush your face bones or your sternum. The latter can stop your heart, as can a punch to your solar plexus. A punch to your arm pit, surprisingly, can hurt you so badly that you WISH your were dead.

Most people punch with a bent wrist, and a heavy contact makes their wrist buckle, severely limiting the damage done with the punch and making it very likely that they will hurt their wrist or their knuckles.

Most people can't make an adequately tight clench of their fingers. So they end up striking with the second knuckles, instead of the 3rd knucks, as is best for max damage done to the opponent and minimum damage to your hand.

If you are not really well trained in bare knuckle punching, just AVOID punches to the head. Instead, use elbow strikes, palm heel strikes, hammerfist (as in beating on a door), backfist strikers, or head butts. Dont ruin your hands on somebody's head. Grab his jewels and yank. It works a lot better, is a lot less expected, and can be done up really close, where punches have little power, or when your arms are pinned down.

Reaction score
don't try to punch further than arm's-length distances. Do not lean or commit body weight with a punch. If he blocks or dodges your blow, bad things are probably going to happen to you! He Is likely to do so, unless you are highly trained, and you are likely to hit a wall, the floor, etc, if you do not know how to "focus' your blow, going only as "deep" as you "set" the blow to penetrate. Dont stand there and "test' the distance. If you are that close, you are VERY vulnerable to being kicked in the legs or the jewels. Either keep your distance, (beware of kicks mostly with his rear-most leg). or swarm all OVER him. In between those distances/moves, you are taking stupid risks.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, absolutely. I have met a lot of wannabe fighters who train in their backyard off youtube videos. All they are doing is creating bad habits. It actually makes them more difficult to teach.

It doesn't matter if you're boxing or ballet dancing. If you want to get good, you have to train under the best trainers and with people who are very good at what they do. Then to see if you've learned anything, you have to go and compete.

If you want to be a fighter, you have to find a gym where at least most of the guys there can kick your ass. Then you have to keep going back for more...for years. My gym had about a 10% return rate after the first visit. Guys showed up expecting to demonstrate how awesome they were, but then ended up being ridiculously outmatched; their egos couldn't take it, and they never came back. That was one of the few advantages I had starting out - I knew I wasn't that good in the first place, so I didn't have a big ego to overcome.