Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sandra Bland Arrest

logicallefty

Reaction score
As a police officer myself my first thoughts on this were "Why are some officers allowed to be officers?"

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/us/texas-sandra-bland-arrest/

Ms. Bland did nothing wrong. Any officer with 1/4th of a brain even ones like myself who do not smoke know that smoking cigarettes CALMS people's nerves.. And that getting pulled over is very nerving for many people.

I'd much rather have someone I pull over show me the end of a cigarette hanging from their mouth as it calms their nerves, than the end of a gun barrel either shooting me or making me have to shoot them.

When I pull people over I give them all the flexability I can. If they want to smoke, they can smoke. If they take 15 minutes to find their insurance card, that's OK. If they want to call their spouse to ask where the insurance card is, that's OK. Hell I've even let some people get out and go pi$$ before, males and females.

These traffic stops like this blow my mind...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate to say this, but things like this p!ss me off a lot more than most stories of police brutality. Because in most of those stories, there is at least SOME provocation. A woman pulled over for not signaling a lane change, smoking a cigarette in her own car? Why would anyone feel the need to act like such a huge horse's @ss over something like this?

Makes it even worse that the manosphere worships @ssholes like this, and wants to churn out more of them.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And the taxpayers will be on the hook for the lawsuit settlement. Again.

These things would stop happening so often if the bad cops knew they would see legal and financial consequences for this crap.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this guy should get the book thrown at him. with that said, with cops, i just hold my breath and do whatever they say. dealing with cops is like being raped, it will be over soon lol just get through it.

you can't win an argument with a cop. there is no point.

Reaction score
if they made cops personally liable, they'd be getting sued DAILY and would all quit. That would be fine with me. All the cops do is keep me from shooting aholes that BADLY need to be shot.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her hostile attitude from the beginning and big, foul mouth got her in trouble. He was about to issue her a warning, and she started going on a rant before the cop told her to put out her cigarette and get out of the car. He asked her what's wrong and may have suspected she was under the influence. From that point on she continued to be hostile, non-compliant and resisting.

And if she committed suicide in the jail cell, her family doesn't deserve a dime. Why didn't they bail her out and let her sit for 3 days?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she had a right to be upset. dude got mad at her for smoking in her own got damn car. there is no law against smoking against your car.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the video. Before that point the officer is politely and professional. When he returned to issue a warning she had a bad attitude and start ranting before he told her to put out her cigarette.

Starts at 8:30,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuPvDMN73hQ

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i'll also say, when an officer tells you to "step out of hte car" that's pretty much when **** gets real. As long as I'm in my car I really don't give a ****. I don't care what you say, when an officer tells you to get out the car something bad is about to happe. You don't go from step out of the car to driving away with a warning.

And he asked her to step out of the car because she wouldn't put her cigarette out. i would have been pretty irate too. Because I kow at that point i'm probably going to jail and i'll be damned if i'm going to jail over a ****ing cigarette.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
she had a right to be upset. dude got mad at her for smoking in her own got damn car. there is no law against smoking against your car.
Dont waste your posts arguing. You know certain posters here will defend almost anything when it comes to cases like this.

Boxer00

Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
At least he has the balls to answer tough questions when they are asked, instead of disappearing like some posters do.
Well, you didn't have the balls to answer my tough questions when I asked you what is your definition of a slut? All you did was evade and duck the questions with your disappearing act.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would never occur to me to smoke while being pulled over by a police officer. I was taught as a young man by my perpetually arrested father to keep my hands on the steering wheel and keep my mouth shut. It boggles my mind that that is even a thing for people. Half the battle in this war against police injustice is modification of our own behavior. Don't give them a reason.

That said pulling her out of her car for smoking a cigarette and arresting her for not worshipping him and everything he says is a crime and if it isn't it should be. Even with her allegedly taking her own her own life this arrest for nothing was a big contributor to her death. Hopefully this cop doesn't have his job and if there's any justice he won't have his freedom for at least a couple years behind this.

logicallefty

Reaction score
People in her situation are allowed to reasonably vent, it's fee speech. The only mistake I see that she made was not knowing the difference between a ticket and a warning. Written warnings are not formal. The only thing that get done with them, at most, is they get put into the computer in the local department they were issued in and that department can use them to look for patterns; ex: this person speeds at least once a month, etc. They don't go on your formal record with the State of Fed and can't be used against you on insurance or anything. Bottom line, they are nothing at all, and no reason to get mad.

Other than that, this woman was not a bit out of line. The officer is 100% fault for this, in my opinion as an officer myself.

Edit: I will be back here later tonight. If the bickering continues I will close this thread.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know, officers have discretion. I believe in Texas, an officer could arrest you for failing to signal, not that it normally happens. He was going to issue her a warning, but the motorist wanted to light up a cigarette and be belligerent and an arrogant smart ass. So apparently the officer decided to play hard ball and she continued be non-complaint and hostile.

I don't generally like officers to do that, and I heard he was a rookie, but he seemed well within his rights as an officer. Some citizen need to learn to respect authority and the law and need to be dealt with that way. I'm sure the officer will be punished because that's the PC thing to do.

Edit: I will be back here later tonight. If the bickering continues I will close this thread.
I guess suspects can argue with the police but forum members here don't have free speech to disagree with each other lol?

logicallefty

Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
I guess suspects can argue with the police but forum members here don't have free speech to disagree with each other lol?
Arguing facts and opinions is legal on this forum. Personal attacks are not. Part of proactive patrol is to be able to see things that are not against the law per se at the time, but are leading down a path that could contribute to laws being broken in the future. ( Example: Two rival biker gangs being present in the same bar in Texas but not yet shooting at each other, a registered sex offender being 1 foot further from the school than he is supposed to be by law but not yet molesting any children, a door being unlocked on a business when it closes that has not yet been robbed, and gentlemen on an Internet forum who have misbehaved and broke forum rules in the past when allowed to 'disagree' on the same thread but have not yet personally attacked each other today ) :whistle:

Boxer00

Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
As a police officer myself my first thoughts on this were "Why are some officers allowed to be officers?"
LogicalLefty, I have a question for you. What would be the percentage of officers you work with that you feel shouldn't be officers? I was just curious since you made this statement.

Danger said:
My personal definition was irrelevant, and all you wanted to do was debate the definition of "slut". I linked all of the data necessary and told men to use their own definition of slut in their decisins. That pisses you off because you hate men judging sluts.

The tough questons I asked to the poster in question were completely relevant, just ignored like a coward. He said schools should be teaching morals as decided by the government, and my question was "What happens when the wrong people get in power?".

My question was based upon foresight and predicting what would happen, yours is to begin an endless debate on the definiion of slut. HUGE difference.

Naw, you did a Houdini disappearing act on us in the threads. We should all start calling you Houdini. Your definition of a slut is revelant since you're calling women sluts. We need to know exactly what it means instead of your vauge blanket statements.

I want men to judge sluts. Sluts need to be defined so they can be judged. For some odd reason, you're scared to give us any definition of a slut acting like a coward. Maybe one day you'll muster up the courage to enlighten us on your definition of a slut. Don't get lost there Houdini.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Boxer00 said:
LogicalLefty, I have a question for you. What would be the percentage of officers you work with that you feel shouldn't be officers? I was just curious since you made this statement.
I'm glad you asked.

My current department, 0%.

My former department, 25%.

Overall in my entire metro area with the dozens of officers I have dealt with, 40%. There are officers who if they come back me up I will tell them I am 10-4 and that they can leave. It is a liability for me just having them back me up on a call, the way they mistreat people, lie to them about their rights, and verbally r@pe them I'll take my chances on my own. I prefer to work alone actually. It's much easier to diffuse a situation without Johnny HotShot officer there getting people more worked up.

Boxer00

Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
I'm glad you asked.

My current department, 0%.

My former department, 25%.

Overall in my entire metro area with the dozens of officers I have dealt with, 40%. There are officers who if they come back me up I will tell them I am 10-4 and that they can leave. It is a liability for me just having them back me up on a call, the way they mistreat people, lie to them about their rights, and verbally r@pe them I'll take my chances on my own. I prefer to work alone actually. It's much easier to diffuse a situation without Johnny HotShot officer there getting people more worked up.
I'm assumng it's different with each department with some being better than others? I think it would be more risky having a out of control officer like you say when you're trying to keep things under control. Has things changed recently or has it always been like this for you?

Danger said:
I didn't disappear, and everybody has a different definition of slut, so it is pointless going down that road. I linked data showing the impact of partner count on success of a relationship and advised men to not commit to women they consider sluts. If you have issue with it, take it up with their definition.
Yeah you dd a Houdini disappearing act. It's not pointless to define sluts so they can be judged. You're giving blanket statements not providing anything of use. I have an issue with you evading and ducking the tough questions that you accuse others of.

Danger said:
From the above posts, it was clear you never asked for how I filter sluts, warning signs or indications of non-sluttiness. You only wanted to get into an argument on defining slut.
How you filter sluts is pointless since you have no clue how many men your girlfriend has fvcked. She could very well be a slut that slipped past your filter. For some odd reason, you're scared to give your definition so we can judge sluts continuing the conversation.

Danger said:
And this post of yours here is the perfect example of where you wanted to take the argument on slut-definition. If you have an issue with men not committing to their definition of slut, take it up with those men.
I wanted your definition to clear things up. I was not looking for any argument. I have an issue with you being a coward ducking the tough questions when its presented to you. Maybe one day you'll muster up the courage to give your definition of a slut Houdini. You're all talk and never give any specifics. No point in going on with this.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Boxer00 said:
I'm assumng it's different with each department with some being better than others? I think it would be more risky having a out of control officer like you say when you're trying to keep things under control. Has things changed recently or has it always been like this for you?
It is different. I have witnessed this behavior in other officers as I articulated above pretty much from the start. Both departments I have worked for have been city departments. I have observed that County Sheriff's Deputies, in general, tend to act more like cowboy cops. Again, that's a generalization. Where as other city departments, our State Troopers in Illinois, and the Feds I have worked with all seem to, in general, be better behaved. Another factor I have sat back and thought about is that the one Sheriff's Department around me who IMO is the worst of all, they are represented by a very strong Union. That means they know they can get away with misbehaving. And they have the media eating the corn out of their poop, which means they know that said misbehaving won't go public. All the media ever writes about them is how great they are. It's sickening. I personally know of inmates in their jail who died in jail and it never got to the media. And inmates who have been tortured in there as well. They have deputies who have been DUI in squad cars, wrecked them, and still kept their jobs..

All that being said, I love the department I work for now. Couldn't ask for a better place and better fellow officers.