Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tattoo Quote

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush posted this comment in a thread of Backbreaker's which was recently closed due to flaming (a shame, too, it was a good thread). They were talking about ways to make getting laid easier, and PairPlusRoyalFlush listed this:

"Get a highly visible tattoo(this is the one thing you can do that will make your smv jump significantly overnight)".

I was going to comment on it, but the thread was closed. So I'm going to bring it up here, before it fades from memory. Do you think this is true? Do you think getting a tattoo will significantly make you sexual market value jump overnight?

When I first started reading this forum, I wondered if not having a tattoo was hurting me with females. For one thing, it seemed like an ideal peacock item. It gave you something to discuss with girls, and if you had a cool story behind your tattoo all the better. Or if you had a bunch of tattoos maybe you had a bunch of stories!

That was at the height of the tattoo craze though, and I think it has faded off a little. But it's still popular. I remember when everyone was collecting trading cards back in the 90s, even small towns had a card shop or two. That collapsed though, and now you rarely even see a card shop. There are still tattoo parlors however.

Personally, I don't like tattoos, and I've come to the point where I don't care if women like it or not, I don't want one. But I still find the subject interesting. Seems like I should get points for thinking for myself on the matter.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fvck yes

when I go to NA meetings, every time a new dude that's tatted up comes in the door the women go nuts.

i saw my two best friends in high school.. i guess even in my most AFC days i had some standards... we were going to get tatts and my 2 friends went through with it and i didn't and they got some **** going down their arms and whlue they were always good with ladies, it took ti to a new level

my English teacher, who was a complete milf if there ever was one lol, god i would have done bad things to mrs daerr lol, anyway i told her of my plans to get a tatt and she was like backbreaker you have the prettiest skin i've ever seen don't ruin it by getting a tattoo. i was like okay lol.

but my entire point in that other thread was and this is a perfect example. it's like, 20 years ago, women understood to some degree that having a tat that says thug life going down your arms lol is not going to be good for your job prospects and while they would fvck tatt guy, they didn't disqualify the non tatt guy for being responsible. does that make sense what i'm saying?

but now women seem to think that somehow thug life tatt guy is going to be able to not only be able to be the lover they want but is goping to be able to be able to bring all the other things they want to the table and they can't. thug life tatt guy can't get a regular job lol. you can't be thug life tatt guy and be a marketing director somewhere at a job that you were polos and slacks to everyday.

it's contradictory yet this is the decision men have to make now. but she has 500 facebook friends and like 100 of the guys there have tatts and you're not exciting in comparison so you either have to **** or get off the pot. that was my entire point

i mean, we 're talking about low hanging fruit but still.

i wonder if my 2 old friends still have their tatts

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
Personally, I don't like tattoos, and I've come to the point where I don't care if women like it or not, I don't want one.
Then it wouldn't work for you. Congruency is key. If you get a tattoo, you've got to be comfortable with it and own it. Same as all peacocking or fashion choices. If you do it to pose then you're just a poseur.

For instance I started wearing a small chain with a pendant under my shirt. You can see it sometimes because my top buttons are usually undone. When I first bought it, I realized that it could be construed as kind of a greaseball/guido thing. (It's not garish, but still.) But I decided I liked the look, that it was me, and I didn't care what other people thought.

Anyway, you've got to own your choices. Women will try to shyt test you, so if you're comfortable with who you are, you'll have an easier time shrugging it off.

Long story short, don't get a tattoo simply to "get girls."

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are attracted to all kinds of stupid ideas. You could get a crotch rocket and go 200 mph, and a woman will be attracted to you. But that does not make it a smart idea.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Women are attracted to all kinds of stupid ideas. You could get a crotch rocket and go 200 mph, and a woman will be attracted to you. But that does not make it a smart idea.
when i was in my 3 year span of not dating the like, ONE chance i had at even trying to date someone.. the girl wasn't even HOT. but **** i had not gotten anything in like 2 years and i would take anything.

So i'm talking to this chick and she's being okay and what not and this dude shows up, and he has this Booster Croch Rocket and he's going up and down the strip and she just almost instantly just loses all interest in me and practically begs the dude to take her with her.

It was at that point i knew even trying to date at that point in time of my life was futile.

I'm pretty sure he had to get one of his legs amputated from getting in a wreck a few years later.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Motorcycles! Now if there's anything that will raise your smv overnight, that has to be it - buying a motorcycle. Preferably a cool one.

Harleys especially. Girls love to wear Harley gear "to support their man". Girls love to get rides and there's built in kino. Suggests danger, adventure, the whole nine yards.

Here's where I screwed up: When I was a young man I decided I would never get a motorcycle because EVERY friend I knew who had one had broken his leg or worse on it. Little did I know at the time it was just such recklessness that women admired. Oh well.

I've seen a guy scraped off the ground from a motorcycle wreck who had surely broken every single bone in his body. He was nothing but a quivering mass of goo basically.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion/experience, people who have numerous, conspicuous, or large tattoos tend to have confidence issues, identity issues, or both. And they all seem to have a chip on their shoulder.

So they get a bunch of "unique" tattoos to stand out or define themselves, then they just become another tattoo guy/girl who thinks they are a bad$s rebel on some level and deserve respect for this false identity they have created.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My state does not require a helmet while riding. You would not believe how much women argued with me when I told them they had to wear a helmet to ride with me. I'm covered in leather, kevlar, carbon fiber, and various armor, enough to fall off at 100mph, slide to a stop, and be ok. A typical woman would be wearing shorts and sandals, tell me she wanted to go fast, and then refuse to wear even a helmet. Because women are smart like that, or at least the ones who are attracted to motorcycles are.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's contextual. Having a bunch of tats probably isn't going to help you in an upscale Manhattan lounge frequented by rich Wall Street types. But on the other hand, an Armani suit and $10,000 Rolex might actually diminish your SMV in a biker bar.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
PairPlusRoyalFlush posted this comment in a thread of Backbreaker's which was recently closed due to flaming (a shame, too, it was a good thread). They were talking about ways to make getting laid easier, and PairPlusRoyalFlush listed this:

"Get a highly visible tattoo(this is the one thing you can do that will make your smv jump significantly overnight)".

I was going to comment on it, but the thread was closed. So I'm going to bring it up here, before it fades from memory. Do you think this is true? Do you think getting a tattoo will significantly make you sexual market value jump overnight?

When I first started reading this forum, I wondered if not having a tattoo was hurting me with females. For one thing, it seemed like an ideal peacock item. It gave you something to discuss with girls, and if you had a cool story behind your tattoo all the better. Or if you had a bunch of tattoos maybe you had a bunch of stories!

That was at the height of the tattoo craze though, and I think it has faded off a little. But it's still popular. I remember when everyone was collecting trading cards back in the 90s, even small towns had a card shop or two. That collapsed though, and now you rarely even see a card shop. There are still tattoo parlors however.

Personally, I don't like tattoos, and I've come to the point where I don't care if women like it or not, I don't want one. But I still find the subject interesting. Seems like I should get points for thinking for myself on the matter.
Not my SMV. It's not congruent with who I am. I'm a working stiff, a bit conservative and you don't know I'm depraved and dangerous until you really get to know me. I hide in polos and khakis ;)

MOTU

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lexington said:
It's contextual. Having a bunch of tats probably isn't going to help you in an upscale Manhattan lounge frequented by rich Wall Street types. But on the other hand, an Armani suit and $10,000 Rolex might actually diminish your SMV in a biker bar.
^^^^this^^^*
Repped.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
having an armani suit and a 10k rolex will pretty much cover just about every demographic expect bikers tho lol.\

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Yep. You can improve your SVM by doing "X" so long as your SVM is dependent on a significant number of girls liking "X"

Including, but not limited to:

Tattoos
Murder
Selling Drugs
Playing Guitar
Being Mayor
Being Senator
Wearing X Cologne
Leaving A Trail of 100 dollar bills
Being Super Fat
Being Super Skinny
Having a Nose Ring
Living In the Ghetto

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just bought a Harley in December and am about to get it on the road. I'm already seeing women's eyes light up when I casually mention it.

I find that women are generally so dumb that if I demand a helmet, they will wear it without complaint. If I say it's not necessary, they won't give it a second thought and will ride without one. Further proof of their complete inability to maintain internal standards.

For the record, I always demand they wear a helmet.

Scormus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
best of both worlds

OK guys so whats the best of both worlds here if we do care about our career but want to increase our SMV with a tattoo(s)?

Long sleeved shirts and suits are standard in my profession (banking).

But is it risky if say I am spotted with tattoos on my arms at the gym by work colleagues?

I am fairly high up the chain these days. Not sure what the guys above and below would think, but it can't be good?

I am thinking tattoos on my chest and back could be spotted in the locker room by work colleagues who use the same gym.

I do have a small one in the area above my **** and below my belly button, lol, but it doesn't benefit my SMV until after I've already seduced them.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
I have to post in here

My buddies both have huge gagues and their septum pierced. Before they got their septum pierced they did okay with women, but holy fawk, afterwards they pull girls like it's no bodies business.

Not only is it tattoos but piercings.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find that many people in society seem to be ignorant about the many, many different types of people who are into body modification. While there are plenty of folks who get silly art in bad places on their body, and people who get too many piercings or very large piercings....there are other folks who modify in moderation and are just regular everyday folks.

I was a punk kid in my teens, and luckily limited my piercings to an eyebrow ring, lip ring, and regular earrings at the time. Over the years I did stretch my ears some, but only up to 2 gauge. I never wanted to go past that point of no return where you ears are so stretched that your lobes look super obvious when youre not wearing ear jewelry. Nowadays the only piercings I wear are my flared plugs in my ear. My Mayan flares give the appearance of a larger stretch, despite the holes in my ear not being that big.

I was not really interested in tattoos until I was in my later years of college and nearing my mid 20s. Now I have a unfinished sleeve on my right arm, and a small piece on my left pec. Also, my sleeve doesnt fully extend down my whole wrist.

And now I get to my main point. The location of my tattoos, and the location and size of my piercings has made it possible for me to use my college degree, dress up professionally, and work in corporate America with no problem. I even worked for an industry leading firm in a major metro city. In professional dress, with no piercings in, people would never know Im into that stuff. And actually, my skin tone helps hide the holes where my piercings are too.

Tattoos are very common nowadays, so the idea that someone wont be able to get a job because of them is really outdated. Its all about placement. Stay away from the neck, hands, and face, and youll be just fine. I tell young people that, and I tell them not to go crazy with numerous piercings or large piercings. Because we change as we get older...and while I love my tats and piercings, I still want to be gainfully employed because I have interests outside of rock music and expressing myself through body modification.
Scormus said:
OK guys so whats the best of both worlds here if we do care about our career but want to increase our SMV with a tattoo(s)?

Long sleeved shirts and suits are standard in my profession (banking).

But is it risky if say I am spotted with tattoos on my arms at the gym by work colleagues?

I am fairly high up the chain these days. Not sure what the guys above and below would think, but it can't be good?

I am thinking tattoos on my chest and back could be spotted in the locker room by work colleagues who use the same gym.

I do have a small one in the area above my **** and below my belly button, lol, but it doesn't benefit my SMV until after I've already seduced them.
One of the middle managers at my old job (mid sized, well known corporate firm in a major Northeast city) had two full sleeves. It was surprising seeing that when he had his sleeves rolled up one day. He's been with the company for over a decade and did not have the tattoos before hand. He got them along the way during his career, and they havent seem to hurt him.

He makes good money, and is a successful guy. It may really just depend on the company. This company was laid back about certain things regarding dress. Basically, as long as you looked professional in front of clients, and didnt look too outlandish at other times, then the big bosses were cool with it. Personally Id think itd be only the most stupid people who would negatively judge you on having tattoos just because they saw them on you outside of work.

But heck, some industries are more conservative than others. So I cant really advise on this one.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible Belt said:
My state does not require a helmet while riding. You would not believe how much women argued with me when I told them they had to wear a helmet to ride with me. I'm covered in leather, kevlar, carbon fiber, and various armor, enough to fall off at 100mph, slide to a stop, and be ok.
In the case I was talking about, the guy hit a rock in the road on his cycle and then flew into a telephone pole.

Jaylan said:
And now I get to my main point. The location of my tattoos, and the location and size of my piercings has made it possible for me to use my college degree, dress up professionally, and work in corporate America with no problem.
Notice that in PairPlus's original quote he said that the tattoo should be highly visible. I wonder if the thought of destroying the possibility of looking professional was part of his point, lol.

Let me add something else to the discusson here. I see a lot of talk about luxury cars and such, but here in the midwest (and in the south I know) nothing says masculinity like a pickup truck. Especially if it's big, bad, four wheel drive, and tricked out. I don't see much discussion here about driving a truck, chicks love cool trucks.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
having an armani suit and a 10k rolex will pretty much cover just about every demographic expect bikers tho lol.\
Not really. Most women (except professional gold diggers) couldn't tell the difference between a Rolex and a Timex (let alone a real Rolex and a fake one). Ditto with suits. Most women couldn't tell the difference between Armani and Banana Republic.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Danger said:
Now imagine the value of a man who has both.

Contrast is king.

A masculine man who......drives a Porsche too?

Hamster spin time.
Great point. Actually a lot of people around here own both a car and a pickup (don't see that many Posches though). Trucks are useful for so many things. Atom Smasher often talks about how women like a man who can use tools, having a cool truck at the ready probably gives a similar vibe.