Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Complete guide to self improvement!!

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Introduction

Welcome to my complete guide on self improvement, i have spent endless hours working on this so please take a look to browse through it. I have been here for a while now and i adapted faster then most, many people here contributed towards my transformation, mainly these guys: BBB, Matrix, ShizamDaMan, Nocturnal, crazykid, cloud-uk, fingers, tonythetiger, cablelight, smooth and ACDC. You guys have helped me progress and improve more then you could imagine. I have learnt alot while ive been here, ive given scraps back but I think its finally time to give back what i took from these forums.

To use this guide the first thing you have to do is visit the "staying motivated" section, that is the most essential part of this entire guide. Without that, none of the stuff here would have a good effect. Once you have everything in the "Staying Motivated" section worked out, it's time to hit the improvement sections and decide what it is you want to improve on the most. I promise you that if you were to improve everything contained within this guide then your life would be so much more fulfilled then before that you will take a completely new outlook on life. Good luck!

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2) Staying motivated

The biggest problem you will face along the never ending road to self improvement is motivation. Something could happen that will change your will, make you feel like you no longer want to improve yourself or you are simply to lazy to do so. This section is designed entirely to ensure that you stay on task and dont falter in your journey of improvement. So lets get started.

The basics

The basics are improvements to your life as well, these are the improvements you should make before any other improvement. If you arent doing any of these things then your going to find it extremely difficult to stay motivated.

Family life.

It's important to be nice and considerate to your family members. They will be with you forever, these are perhaps the only people in the world you can truely trust. I've said this before and im going to say it again, you are most comfortable when your around your family, when your comfortable you let out your real personallity, so in other words the real you comes out when your with your family. If your rude and cruel to your family then perhaps you may want to think a bit about who you really are and who you really want to be.

Do chores for your family, keep your room tidy, make sure their happy. Keep them smiling and having a nice day, if theres something wrong then help them figure it out. Upsetting my parents gives me perhaps one of the worst feelings ever.

Homework.

Do all your homework, it is important that you do this because its your future and its important that you get good grades in school. The idea is to set your priorities straight and when you open that report and see straight A's you should get a big smile on your face and should make you feel great!

Think about the road that lies before you, if you fail to plan then you plan to fail, get your priorities straight and get that homework done! Also, it will make your parents happier with you.

Exercise.

Getting exercise is the first thing to do if your low on confidence, when you get into the habit of regular exercise then you will feel alot better about life. I reccomend you go to the gym at least 3 times a week and do cardio at least 4 times a week. You can find more information about exercise in the physical improvement section, i reccomend you check it out.

Nutrtion.

Its important that you eat healthy, everyones got a general idea of what healthy eating is. I have all ready written out a section on good nutrition in the physical improvement section, i strongly suggest you go and check that out.

Hobbies

When your not improving yourself then you should have a couple of hobbies to use up your spare time on, make sure there not all self destructing habits. Choose a couple of healthy hobbies. My hobbies include: Boxing, Soccer, Writing, Reading, Video games and traveling.

Sleep patterns.

Make sure you have good sleeping patterns, what works for most people is to start waking up an hour earlier then your used to (and go to bed an hour earlier), this makes your day seem fuller and have more purpose.

Improvement Journal

This is the most important part of keeping motivated, you can either start one up on my online journals thread located here, or you can keep a book of your improvements. What you do is write your status on all the improvements you are making to your life and update on them every day. In the back of your book you write all the things you are improving on so you don't forget.

For example, I visit the improvement section and i decide to start my journal by improving 3 things, so i choose a physical improvement, an intelectual improvement and a social improvement. I might choose to improve on my skin, my knowledge of philosiphy and my social confidence. After that i would go to the back of my book and make a list of what im improving on, once im happy with what ive improved on i would tick it off the list. Make sure you start slow, just choose a couple of things, if you overload then your going to crash and burn.

Now when its time to write an entry (which i do every day) i go to the back of my book and make sure that ive improved everything i should of that day then write my status on each of them.

Some links

Finally, when you feel like your about to break off from your schedule then these links should be more then enough to keep you going.

fragmentor - Let Go and Get Back on that horse
BBB - Happy
BBB - Im Winning
BBB - The man
bondjamesbond - Laziness = Masturbation
Jay83 - This Thing Called Risk Are What All Afc's Are Lacking!!!
Cablielight - I've been unproductive too long!!
Cablelight - Read this and feel better about yourself
Crazykid - It's all about the game and how you play it
Kaizen - How i could of been the DJ King in highschool
Me - Please, just try this
It's all one big game!! So enjoy it.
The DJ soundtrack, reborn!
Lazarus - Live It Up!!!!!!
Pook - Be a man!
cloud-uk - The thirst

Last edited:

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3)Contents

Here it is, choose what you want to improve on the most and put it in your journal, for its time to improve!;)

Physical improvement
a)Hair
b)Skin
c)Facial features
d)Build
e)Manhood
f)Gear
g)Hygeine
h)Voice tone
i)Body language

Intelectual improvement
a)Reading
b)Writing
c)Schoolwork
d)Other

Social improvement
a)Attitude
b)conversation
c)Humour
d)Girls

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Physical Improvement

a)Hair

[*]Head hair

While rock stars and celebrities continue to be hairstyle leaders, many male hairstyle trends are generated right on the fashion runways of New York and Milan. Lets have a look at some of the more popular trends.

Curly Bad Boy Look

This curly "bad boy" style only works well for males who have either naturally curly hair or who are willing to have their hair permed or curled. To achieve the wild curly "bad boy" look, you need to have an abundance of thick hair. This hairstyle does not work with thin or receding hair. If you have enough hair, you're a good candidate for this look. If you want to achieve this wild look and your hair is naturally curly, make sure that your hair is well conditioned and/or moisturized.

Short Waxed Look Ala David Bowie

This short style is very popular with all ages and can be worn by men with any texture or type of hair. The style is worn the same length all around the head. The crown area is lightly separated and slightly spiked.This look is definitely similar to a David Bowie style that he wore in one of his shorter hair periods.This style requires the use of a good hair wax or pomade that will give the crown area moderate lift and separation.

Hair Behind The Ears

If you have fairly straight, longer hair you can wear a "behind the ears" style with ease. This style works well with hair that is medium in texture. The style would not work on hair that is naturally curly, overly thick or extremely wavy.I f you do have a few curls and waves they could easily be tamed with the help of a blow dryer and a round brush. To give the style a sleek and shiny look, a good pomade or wax is required

There are many other hairstyles but there some of the most popular at the moment, experiment! Try things out and see what you like best.

[*]Facial hair

With facial hair it would be a good idea to just keep shaving, especially if your just going to grow fuzz and not a beard. Stay clean shaven unless you have a good thing you can play with, facial hair doesnt look good on most people but if your lucky, then you can check it out.

[*]Body hair

Dont let your body hair get out of control, keep your pubes in coctrol, trim them if you have to and shave the ones that sprout in places their not supposed to.

b)Skin

[*]Smoothness

Your not a fag if you buy moisturising cream, dont tell anyone if it bothers you that much. Experiment with different moisturising cream and see what works best. Smooth skin is a real turn on to the ladies.

[*]Freckles

If your like me and you have freckles then you know how annoying they are, well luckily enough there is a cure! Now i'm not going to go and tell you to get laser surgery, it is way to costly. Lemon juice is a natural bleach, rub it in were you have freckles and leave it rubbed into your skin for atleast 25 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. After 4 weeks and you have shown no improvement then mix lemon juice with honey (equal amounts) and do the same thing.

[*]Tan

This is the number 1 thing i reccomend you do, chicks dig a tan. If you get freckles then go to a solarium, it cots a fair bit but it's worth it! If you burn fairly easy then go in for only about 10-15 minutes, if you dont burn easily then go for about 15-25 minutes. Just because you go in longer doesnt mean you will tan more, if you go red from the solarium then you wont tan! I wasted $85 by making that mistake.

[*]Acne

Even if you dont have acne get a facewash and use it every day to ensure you dont get it, if you do have it then get some stronger medication and use it in conjunction with the facewash. Get it checked out if you have to.

c)Facial features

Unfortunately there isnt much you can do about your face, but if your skin is nice and smooth, has no marks on it, your hair looks good then chances are your going to have an attractive face anyway.

[*] Jawline
You can enhance your jawline by chewing a **** load of gum all the time, make a habit of chewing gum, chew atleast a pack every day and chew HARD! This will build jaw muscles.

d)Build

There are many things you can do to increase your build and i will just be detailing the basics, this is enough for most people but if you want to get really serious about it then visit Diesels Bulking and cutting guides. They are stickied here in the health and fitness forums.

[*]Weight lifting

Now this workout im going to post isnt the best for everyone, this will give you results however. Once again, dont flame, just visit diesels guide. If your new to bodybuilding then you can start with a full body split. Write down what your lifting and for how many reps in your journal.

DB Bench press - 3x8
Dips - 3x8
BB curl - 3x8
incline DB curl - 2x8
DB press - 3x8
Lateral raises - 2x8
Lat pulldowns - 3x8
Chinups - 2xfailure
Squats - 3x8
Ab workout.

Do that 3 or 4 times a week, after 2 months then you change to a full body split.

Monday:
Bench press - 3x8
Incline DB bench press - 3x8
Dips - 3x8
Cable crossover - 2x8
BB curl - 3x8
Incline DB curl - 2x8
Ab workout.

Tuesday:
Squats - 3x8
Leg press - 3x8
Calf raises - 3x8
DB press - 3x8
Lat raises - 2x8
Bent over lat raises - 2x8
Ab workout.

Friday:
Deadlift - 3x8
Lat pulldowns - 3x8
Pull ups - 2xfailure
Tricep pulldown - 3x8
CG BP - 3x8

Once again, dont flame. If you dont like what ive got here then go to diesels guide, whats here has worked for me.

Glossary:
CG = close grip
BP = bench press
lat = lateral
DB = dumbell
BB = barbell

[*]Nutrition

Eating healthy is really important, now for most people it is enough to just start eating healthy. No more soft drinks, drink more water. Atleast 4.5 litres a day (a gallon), instead of having lollies and snacks have fruit. Instead of white bread have wholemeal bread. Buy some protein and use it. Eat more tuna and fish in general. Eat ALOT more protein. Make sure you have a big healthy breakfast.

IF you want exact caloric intakes then visit Diesels guides, everything is there.

[*]Cardio

Unless your on a strict bulking plan it would be a good idea to get some exercise. Go jogging 4 times a week, preferably in the morning. Make it intense as well, dont make it a push over. I jog up a big hill and when i get to the top i soak up the morning sun and look at the beautifal views. This is the number one thing i reccomend you do when it comes to physical improvement, it makes you feel so much better about life.

e)Manhood

So you want to increase the size of your penis? I never did this personally but i did a little reasearch for those of you who wanted to.

[*]Jelqing

The idea of jelqing is to push all the blood to the top of your **** and expand the chambers there. First you need a hot wrap, maybe a hot dishcloth or something, you wrap that around your fella and leave it there for about 10 minutes. After you have done that, lube your **** up (you can do it dry if you want to). Now you have to decide wether you want to do it erect of normally, doing it normally will give less results but will decrease the risk of injury.

If your doing it erect, BE CAREFUL! a **** injury is not the most desirable thing in the world. So your **** is warm, all the blood is there, now you flex the pc muscles a couple of times (the muscles you would use to hold in a piss) and that will flush all the blood into your ****.

Then you make an OK symbol with your thumb and index finger and place it around the base of your ****, then shrink the ok and push it up to your nob. Do it slowly and not too hard at first. Once your done use your other hand, keep alternating hands. Keep in mind, your member has never felt anything like this before so if you feel any sharp pains, take a break.

Start off slowly, do 50 reps in the morning and 50 at night when you start off and build it up to 100 morning and night by the end of 1 or 2 weeks. Keep on building the number, each jelq should take about a second. Jelqing has been known to increase your member by 2 inches. Now we have that out of the way, lets move on.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f)Gear

[*]Clothes

There is always alot of controversy on this board on how you should dress, my outlook is simply this: Who gives a ****. I dont mean to dress all sloppy and messy, that wont help at all. When people talk about not conforming and dressing differently, they do it to stand out. Dont be different by what you wear, be different in how you act.

There are many ways you can present yourself to the world, here are the ways you can choose: Homie, sporty, casual, surfie, classy, goth and alternative. I'll be going over the more popular choices.

Homie

Now if you want everyone to think your a homie then sure go for it, but be warned people will lose alot of respect for you except other homies. Personally i cant stand homies but i do live in Australia so acting like a homie is a bit more far fetched then it is in america. If you choose to dress homie then you probably have a better idea of what they wear then i do.

Sporty

Sporty can be a good look, some girls only go for sporty guys. It lets the world know you enjoy exercise and outdoors. Most sporty people have an outgoing nature about them. Sporty clothes are all the name brands, like nike adidas etc. This doesnt really need much of an explanation.

Classy

I dont see many classy guys around anymore, most classy people are ethnic. They wear turtle necks, leather jackets, fashionable jeans, classy shoes, etc. If you wear clothes like this you are telling people you have class.

Casual

This is my personal preferance, this lets people know that your easy going and clothes dont bother you that much. I go for a simple, clean, casual look because its easiest for me. Regular jeans will be your most important part of your arsenal. I always wear jeans unless im playing sport of if its too hot to wear them. A couple of dress shirts, singlets to wear under them. You get the idea.

Surfie

The surfie look is a good look and many chicks like it, you have a surfie chain, sunnies, and shorts and t-shirt/singlet on most of the time. You look pretty stupid if your not tanned while trying to portray the surfie look.

I didnt give alot of insight i know, but in the end its up to you. Fashion always changes, just make sure you know what group you belong too and stay on top of it all. Most importantly, dress in what YOU think looks best.

g)Hygeine

[*]Showers

When you get in the shower dont just **** around, make sure you have a good wash and wash all your smelly spots (dont make me mention them all). A bad smell is one of the biggest turn off's

[*]Deoderant

Make sure you use deoderant, and a good one. Take it with you too school, use it in the morning, at lunch time and after school.

[*]Cologne

Cologne isnt really hygeine but its important, buy a nice smelling cologne and dont spray it when you go to school. When you go out give it a couple sprays on your neck. Dont go overboard though, make sure she has to be close to you to smell it, that way she will associate the good smell with being close to you. ;)

[*]Clean your mouth

Make sure you brush your teeth twice a day, this will get them looking whiter as well as making sure you have good breat. When your done put some toothpaste in your mouth and swell it around and gurgle it. Floss your teeth and get a mouthwash, and use it!

h)Voice

[*]Voice tone

Do you sound like a little girl? If so then its time to change that! Sing and dance along to your favourite music. Singing to your music is fun and will make your voice tone increase alot more! It also wouldnt help to do this: (this has been taken directly from Senor fingers post "Empower your voice")

1. Take a deep breath using your diaphragm. You do this by paying attention to your gut. When you breathe in, your chest should not rise, rather your stomach should rise. Envision your belly button moving AWAY from your spine as you inhale. Breathe in slowly and deeply.
2. Once your lungs are filled, open your mouth and say "ahhhh" at a comfortable pitch, as you are making this sound, close your mouth so it becomes "Mmmmm"
3. Sustain the sound of your voice but gradually lower your pitch. When done correctly, you will feel a vibration travel from your throat all the way down to your gut. Change your pitch up and down until you can feel a line of vibration stretching from your belly to your throat.

When you have honed in on the strongest vibes, you are generating what scientists refer to as "Sympathetic Frequency". It is the optimum vibration that makes your body resonate with the sound of your voice, giving it a much fuller and richer sound. I did this exercise everyday until I got comfortable with my frequency and it made a HUGE difference! Everything I said took on a new meaning and I found that more people wanted to listen to me.
Do that everyday.

i)Body language

It's important to get into the habit of using proper body language, this will increase your social life DRASTICALLY.

[*]Standing posture

While standing its important to get a definate thing going, look in the mirror and see what standing posture looks best on you. Stand with your shoulders slightly back and you will notice you will look more built. Dont stick your chest out too much because you just look stupid. I prefer the one thumb in pocket look, but you have to experiment and see what works best for you.

[*]Sitting posture

The best sitting posture you can have is one where you are sitting up straight and leaned back. This displays authority and is good for your back anyway.

[*]Walking posture

When your walking, be a little slower then normal pace, but not too slow. Make slow delibrate actions. Let your arms swing naturally and avoid the tough guy walk but at the same time have your shoulders a little bit back. To perfect this, get yourself on film!

[*]Dont close yourself up!

Dont make any closed actions, such as crossing your arms, crossing your legs, facing away etc.

Once you have improved everything in the physical section, then you will have enough of a chance with any girl.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5)Intelectual improvement

a)Reading

[*]Grab a book!

Get a book and make sure you read it! Choose a book that you are interested in, it could be a self help book (you can never improve too much) it might be a story book it might be a philisophical book but make sure you read at least 20 minutes every single day. This will drastically increase your skill with words which is a wonderful skill to have in life.

b)Writing

[*]Write down a few notes

Every now and then, whip out a note book and start writing, write about anything. Challenge yourself with your writing abilities, write about the first thing that comes to mind but challenge the way you express it on to paper, practice makes perfect. To improve your writing, practise this once every two days for 30 minutes.

c)Schoolwork

When you get schoolwork, make sure that YOU DO IT ALL! The minute you get back from school study your notes and do any homework/assignments youve got, and do it properly! On weekends spend 30-60 minutes each day studying some of the more difficult stuff. Think of the long term to motivate yourself for this.

d)Other

There are thousands of things you can do to increase your knowledge, let your intelectual side grow! Feed its hunger for knowledge, i know this isnt a big section thats because i cant possibly list everything you have to go out there and look for yourself.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6)Social improvement

a)Attitude
Your attitude and outlook on life is what sets you apart from teh rest of the guys, it is what makes you enjoy life, it's the key ot everything. However, you can't develop a strong attitude without improving other things as well.

[*]Relax and look at the view

A key step in changing your attitude is learning to relax and put yourself in a good mood. Every morning you wake up, get up and stretch for a couple of minutes then go outside, soak up the morning sun and look at nature. Take a look around and think about the marvels of life. This truely is a life changing experience.

[*]Control your internal dialogue

When you drift off into day dreams snap yourself back to life. The only time you have complete control over is the present. Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around, dont let your time be wasted wondering what you could of done, should of done, will do, etc. Just live in the moment and dont let your mind go off on a tangent. This is perhaps the hardest improvement to make, once you do it however your life will take on a new meaning. Your goal is to be constantly living in the moment.

[*]Find a passion

In the motivation section i said find hobbies, well its time to find a passion. Just try everything, keep searching, it's what i did. My personal passion is travelling and experiencing things in other countries, nothing can make you feel quite the same way.

[*]Embrace change

Start changing things around in life, learn to embrace change. Fingers made my life take on a new meaning when he gave me this information, hence my love for travel. I cant set some specific things for you to do you have to improve this yourself (or it wouldnt be much of a change would it?). Start talking to different people, start taking different busses home, do different things. Dont let yourself get stuck in a routine, or else your comfort zone will shrink dramatically.

[*]Be spontaneous

If your doing all of the above then it wouldnt hurt to be spontaneous. Stop thinking so much, this goes hand in hand with controlling your ionternal dialouge. Stop analysing what your doing and just do it!!

[*]Sweet and sour

Learn to take the good with the bad. What's heaven without hell, when bad things are happening accept it and be thankful your having them or else the good times wouldnt seem so good. Life is like one big rollercoaster.

[*]Other people

Your attitude to other people should be a friendly one, dont take anyones **** but at the same time help people grow and evolve. Be friendly to everyone. Don't expect anything from anyone, thats the number 1 thing here, when you dont expect anything from anyone then only you have the power to upset yourself.

b)Conversation

[*]Expand social circles

Now that your being friendly to everyone its time to expand your social circles. Talk to EVERYONE. Dont let your friends initiate the conversations with other, you be the one to do it. The more friends you have the more parties you get invited to, the more fun you have and the more ladies notice you.

[*]Tell stories

Have a couple of stories that you can tell to groups, practise telling them and get real good at it. This is the number one thing that will get you noticed in high school conversations. Everyday i have about 3 situations where im telling an entertaining story to a group of people and they just end up liking me even more.

[*]Be talkative

When you are talkitive people think you give away mystery. Dont talk about yourself, this keeps people wondering and at the same time makes you appear outgoing. When your with guys talk about the obvious things (sport, *****, parties, etc.) and we will get to girls later.

[*]Smile!

Its quite simle really, smile.. because your about to go on stage. ;)

c)Humour

[*]Watch comedys

Get into the habit of watching comedies, look at how they deliver the jokes and what jokes they say. The best comedies are stand up comedies. Watch at least one every week. This is all im going to reccomend, just watch how they do it, study them and learn. Nothing else has to be done.

d)Girls

[*]C&F

****y and funny we all have heard of it. The idea is to be ****y but be funny at the same time, if it doesnt have a funny spin on it then its not going to work and your just going to look like a fool. Like everything, you need practise to perfect this. When your talking to the girls what you need to be thinking is something like "Yeah thats right baby, you want me and im not gonna be a push over" and be funny about it. Its so fun to play around with this, because girls havent seen anything like it.
Now the section I know you have all been waiting for. ;)

[*]Kino

Get into the habit of using kino. Start with lean ins and brushing their forearm and slowly escalate it. End up with long hugs and play wrestling. There are tonnes of posts that explain how to do this, read them(Tonythetigers "Tiger kino" is a good one).

[*]Body language

Read her body language, if she leans into you, opens her legs a bit, points her feet toward you, etc. Shes into you. Just start reading peoples body language and learn to identify buying signs.

[*]Eye contact

Your goal from now on is to attempt to make eye contact with every single girl you see, once you have locked eye contact with someone then give them a smile. ;)

There we go, there's all the improvements, once you have improved everything here dont think your done. Go look for more improvements, this is designed to get you started. You always have potential to learn and grow.

Sammo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7)Thanks to

I'd like to thank everyone that made this possible. I didnt think up all this information, most of it came from various areas around this site. Here are my special thankyou's:

BBB
Matrix
ShizamDaMan
Nocturnal
crazykid
cloud-uk
fingers
tonythetiger
cablelight
smooth
ACDC
Kaizen
fragmentor

and anyone else who i may have forgot to mention.

heteropedro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WTF! why isnt this a sticky!? This is awsome! thanks sammo thank you very much :D

playher

Don Juan
Reaction score
one of the best threads plz save this

Don Juan
Reaction score
very nice post sammo

Ill_Nino

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good post.:D

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
THis is kind of ironic but, you spelled "intellectual" wrong.
Haha!

Other than that man you get a gold medal cuz this post is the ****ing mother****ing ****!

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
UNBELIEVEABLE...great work Sammo.

This post really got me thinking. I'm 17 years old, I'll be 18 in February. It finally hit me that I'm almost a grown up and it's time I start taking responsibility. Parents, Aunts, Uncles arn't going to be around forever to lend a helping hand.

I really needed this post because I been slacking off on my studies. I don't know what it is but it seems like once your a senior you don't really have any motovation to do school work.

Thanks again SAMMO

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's an awesome post, and I catch myself screwing up now even more because of it. It's all good though, I'm fixing those problems because now I know about them.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SIGH!

This is stuff you post in Tips! And no mods have moved it there yet?! A plague o' both your houses! :p

Good post!

(Not so hot about the "bleach your freckles away!" part, though...)

county

Don Juan
Reaction score
hongkong

I have never heard of this jelqing thing... Is this for real ?