Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

BookWorm's Road to Success

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 0:
The name's BookWorm and I'm a 17 year old senior in high school. I've been studying PU for the past two years but never really got into it. I didn't really understand what it was about, and I spent most of my time on forums questioning everything I did. I finally understand what pick-up actually is, and I have actually started using the information ive gained.

Let's start from ground zero - I am a rAFC, there is no getting around it. I recovering from oneitis I had for a girl who flaked on me too many times to count, and after her last flake, I talked with a few friends and got myself out of that state.

Some weaknesses:
Closing - I have trouble pushing myself to that extra inch to close a girl.
Escalation - I often friendzone myself, meaning that I don't give myself the chance to let the girl see me as a romantic interest. I know how to escalate, it's just all in applying that knowledge into action.

Strengths:
Eye Contact - Where many rAFC's lack in this, I excel. I have no problem making and holding eye contact with girls (probably because sosuave's bootcamp).
Conversation - If there is one thing I can do well, it's talk. It may take me awhile to go and approach a girl, but when I do, a stimulating conversation is guaranteed to follow.

Interests:
I am a musician! I love music! I take any and every opportunity to play when I can (I am a percussionist and piano player). I play in several drumlines and bands and hope to play in college
I also play lacrosse; I might not be the best, but this season, I'm striving to be.
Lastly, I love skateboarding. My only problem is that I'm involved in so much that my skateboard often takes the backseat in my life.

Goals:
- Life Goals:
* Short Term:
• Work out harder than I ever have before at next week's start of lacrosse preseason training
• Finish preparing xylophone solo for college auditions
• Improve my wardrobe!
* Long Term
• Achieve at least a 2nd string spot on the lacrosse team
• Have successful college auditions
• Achieve High Honors with Distinction at least once during this school year
- PUA Goals
* Short Term
• Get the cute freshman on a date
• # Close LaxGirl
* Long Term
• Become comfortable with escalation in which it becomes natural
• Get rid of the AA that still has hold of me

I plan to keep this journal updated at least once a week

Also, if anyone can help me with this quick problem that would be awesome!: I met this girl last year that I really liked but ended up not closing her. I started following her on twitter and I want to possibly get her on a date but I don't want to come off as a creep. What should I do? Just DM her and hope that she will be willing to hang out with a dude she has only had 2 conversations with? (Ps she goes to my school but the only time I see her is during student government meetings when she is surrounded by tons of her friends).

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I posted in "A new year, a new you" and thought that it should be in my journal for reference purposes.
Bookworm said:
Procrastination
This **** ends now. Not in 2014. Now. Procrastination has held me back for so many years, I end up pushing important things aside until they are gone. I'm killing this **** right here, right now. No more "I'll do it in 5 minutes" or "I have all week to do it, why not do it later". I'm going to stop letting myself push all my school work, music, girls, and sports aside.

Sports
I've been playing Lacrosse for the past two years and I just honestly suck. It's not cause I naturally suck, it's cause I don't put in the effort. I plan on working my ass off during conditioning even if that means 10 more reps, or 5 more minutes of stairs, it's going to get done. I'll bust my ass to finally go lefty and strengthen my righty. My ultimate goal is not only be at (very least) second string, but to be among the best lacrosse players on my team.

As far as skating is concerned, any down time outside is going towards lacrosse (if I have my stick) or skating. So instead of waiting in the coffee shop for my bus to arrive, I'll be outside practicing tricks. Instead of sitting in the house watching tv, I'll go out in the driveway and work hard. Basically cutting my time doing nothing by fillin it with something important.
Music
My music is really important to me. I'm already a decent piano player, and I'm killer at mallet stuff, but I want to get better at it all. I want to spend my free time at school or at home practicing snare drum, to make it sound better. If I have access to piano during the day, I want to be working on improving that. And I want to learn how to play both guitar and drumset by the end of 2014. So I plan to get drumset lessons from a friend at least once a week (starting in January) and spend a few hours 2 or 3 times a week working on guitar. (And I plan on practicing snare drum EVERY day)

School
Last marking period I worked hard to maintain my old standard of high honors (all A's and b's). I hadn't had high honors in a few years, but I want to maintain this standard for the rest of the year. And at some point I want to achieve all A's, something I know I can do but just haven't pushed hard enough to do it. But most of my problem with school is procrastination, which can easily be fixed.

.... and finally Game
I don't want millions of girls at my beck and call. I don't want to be the most suave guy at my school (but that'd be a nice plus, right?). I just want to have good overall game. This means a strong fashion trend that I can follow (cause at this point, my wardrobe is sad), having a close social circle that I can identify myself with, being confident (strong eye contact, drop the slouching, get around my speech impediment), and being able to game a girl well.

This isn't something that can be changed immediately (at least not like procrastination and school work), cause it's something that has to be done over the course of 2014. But it does start right here: posting in my journal to track my progress, becoming more social and using my personality to my advantage (I know for a fact that I am the type of person who people like to be around), and pushing my comfort zone so I get the experience I need.
There a few things I want to add:
• Become better at video editing (run my own YouTube channel, manage my friend's group's channel, use some free time to learn more about it
• Learn about photography (if I get my dslr, I'll take the time out to learn how to use and care for it properly)
• Help Evolucion become the next big thing (or whatever they end up calling themselves)

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1: (12-15-13)
So I declared that I was going to kill the procrastination and I did! Got through a 2 page essay and finished my last journal entrie for english! I have about 3-4 essays to finish to pull my grade up. I also worked on my snare solo (the one I will be using for college auditions) and it is finally coming together. It needs to be refined just a bit, but it pretty much ready. I also started preparing for tomorrow's first day of conditioning!

I'm too excited to start conditioning, but afraid that I might have to take it easy because I'm waiting on my parents to get me a new inhaler (being an asthmatic sucks). Way to sound like a nerd, right?

Not much more to discuss about today (it's been a slow weekend after the storm).

Goals for Tomorrow:
• Get caught up in Calc (2 weeks behind)
• Complete at least 1 essay for English
• Start conditioning!
• Get to Calc on time!!!
• Talk to the "Lax Girl" and get her number.
• Finalize arrangements with the Freshie

Let's see how Monday treats me

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your goals are great. Well defined and practical. It's good you are going to kick procrastination, that's one of my biggest issues. Watch out though, the first few days you are really into it, but after you start to slack. Keep it up!

BookWorm said:
• Get to Calc on time!!!
lol you and I have the same problems

Jack Wealthy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so afraid of the friendzone. I understand the fear guys have of it, but it's irrational. IF there is sexual tension you will bang everntually. Just relax, don't pressure them. Let it happen. You'll know when to make a move.

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is my second time posting this! My devices dont want to work, I gave up the first time on my iPod, tried posting today, and I got the same crap from my computer.

Day 2: (12-16-13)
I didnt hit any of my goals today! But that's not necessarily a bad thing (I'll explain): I didnt get to calc on time, in fact I missed Calc class. The teacher wasnt after school, so I didnt get any makeup work. I didnt finish any essays (pure laziness, I'm working on that though) =/. I missed conditioning which means I didnt get to see Lax Girl because I only really see her during conditioning. And the Freshie and I texted, but we still havent made a solid date.

Despite all of this, I made many victories. The lack of Calc class made it possible for me to catch up with the singing group that I mentioned in a previous journal entry. We ended up discussing our plans for a music video and scheduling out a plan for the completion of their track. After school, I missed conditioning to work with these guys and got about halfway done with recording the track. I also split the time spent helping them with a meeting I had with an in-school organization that helps students pursue and achieve their dreams. This meeting consisted of me becoming an official member of the organization and starting the planning of a city-wide poetry slam hosted at my school (I'm the head of this project, I've never been in charge of something this big). The leader of this organization has some big plans for this event, as do I! Even when talking with the Freshie, she still seemed enthusiastic about hanging out, which is always good, despite our lack of a set date (due to conflicting schedules).

So all is well in BookWorm land, even if I hit none of my goals. Or at least, I hit goals i didnt even know I had.
------------------------------------

Day 3: (12-17-13)

Today was a snow day which means NO SCHOOL! But I have to be honest and say that today was a lazy day, which also means that no progress was made. Gotta keep moving forward, and today i just stood still =/
------------------------------------

Day 4: (12-18-13)

Today was excellent! Got lots done!

I made it to Calc (not on time, about 15 minutes late, but that's because of traffic and icy roads)! Im striving to make it there on time for next class (which is Friday).
I talked to Lax Girl in between classes for a few minutes, a very short conversation about her conditioning (she wont be conditioning till after winter break). I should of taken those few minutes to get her number, but I'm not going to beat myself up about it.
I got the chance to finally finish up the track. During last period the guys and I went to our school's studio and finished recording what we could (we were missing one member). They are all finished, all that is left is to get the one guy who was out, master the track, and drop it on YouTube and Soundcloud. We are finally moving forward!
After finishing the track, I got to conditioning! WOO! Got a lot done, I know I'm going to be sore in the morning, but it is worth it! I also started working on my lefty with a friend who has the same lax goal as me: make it to (at the very least) 2nd line and be one of the best damn players on our team. It's good to have someone with me who has the same motivations!

Not to forget the 2nd to last college application I submitted tonight! One more left to go, then submit audition registration and I am done! (I also recieved my Iowa State acceptance letter today!)

Cant wait to hop back into this progress tomorrow!

Goals for Tomorrow:
- Finish recording the track!
- Call U of M to check about my pre-screening audition
- Read at least 25 minutes of The Physical Game
- Push myself a bit harder in the weight room
- Work on my xylophone etude!
- Approach at least 1 random girl

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me know if you read anything interesting in The Physical Game. I couldnt make myself read it.

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 5: (12-19-13)

Woke up MEGA late today (about 10 minutes after I'm supposed to leave) and end up missing recording arts. Good thing a friend finished the track we were working on while I was gone. All that is left is for me to check and export it tomorrow.

It's been a pretty good day! I spent most of my school day cleaning up my etudes. I'm almost halfway done with learning my xylo étude and my snare étude just has to be tweaked a bit.

I walked into a discussion between the drama teacher and my band teacher. My band teacher suggested I work with the drama teacher for our school play working some of the music tech they have. Actually kind of excited cause there is a girl who caught my eye who is in the play!

Conditioning went great! Worked a little harder in the gym (and I am sore as hell!). If my friend is down, Im gonna try and work out Saturday with him to make up for missing Monday's conditioning.

I am a little upset at myself. I told myself if I saw a cute girl today I would at least approach her. Literally 5 or 6 minutes later this girl (a solid 7) walks and stands next to me at the bus stop. A million different openers came to mind, I even thought about using some stuff from The Physical Game (which I finished a new chapter today!). But my body wouldn't go. My mouth would not open. I wouldn't even let myself use the 3 second rule. Then I get on the bus, and she gets on my bus TOO! (Mind you this is a 30 minute ride), I said nothing to her the whole ride. Not knowing how to approach her, I sat two seats behind her and kept contemplating the best way to go up to her without seeming weird, out of place, or annoying (if someone just came up to me and started talking on the bus, I'd honestly be annoyed). Idk what to do. I'm gonna try again though, same goal, different day.

Goals:
- Record video for the guys
- Record their open mic performance
- Finish learning 2 more lines of my xylo étude
- Approach at least 1 girl
- CALL U OF M! (Cmon BookWorm)!

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 6: (12-20-13)

I enjoyed myself today, but it was another day of burnt goals. So we finalized the track after cleaning it up a bit, and about an hour after relaxing one of the guys listens to it and tells me there are problems with it. Me, being absolutely pissed at this point, check his "problems" and find it it's just where the guys were recorded in stereo. Thanks to my music teacher who decided it would be a good idea to pan all of their voices on opposite sides! Now some of them sing in the right headphone, others in the left. But I can fix that.

Then, I find out that the guy who was supposed to be supplying our camera equipment bailed. I stressed it for about 5 minutes, but was over it because I try not to stress the little things.

Besides that, today was great. My school's band took most of the money we earned from our Christmas concert and bought new percussion equipment! I also jokingly told Freshie to bring me cookies for my Christmas present and she actually brought me a plate full of cookies at school. Now I kind of feel sucky cause I didn't get her anything. Also, we finally planned out our day 2, for the week we go back to school. I spent most of the day with the guys and we fooled around until their performance.

Sadly though, I approached 0 girls. I did the same thing today. Got on the bus, saw a cute girl, she was wearing headphones the whole ride so I kind of used that as my excuse for not approaching her.

Now it's break and I want to be productive. I plan on using most of this time to get my English work done, but I'm also going to start planning out this poetry slam. I also don't want it to slip away without approaching any girls.

I'm also starting to think about getting a job. I'm tired of asking my parents for money, and I need to do something more productive in my spare time.

Tomorrow's Goal:
- Work out at the local gym
- Read a chapter of the physical game
- Get an assignment done for English
- Turn the stereo track into a mono track

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7:

This was a pretty boring day. I was supposed to go to the gym with my friend but he bailed on me and didnt text me back to late tonight. Idk why, but there is nothing I can't stand more than a flake. Dont agree to something if you know you can't commit, and if you do, at least have the courtesy of texting me back BEFORE its time to do something. I know it's something I gotta get over, but it still gets under my skin when ANYONE flakes on me, be it girls, family, or friends. It may just be the inconsiderate factor that is tied in; I consider my time valuable, and when it is wasted because you failed to take 2 minutes out of your life to text me and say "Hey, can't make it today, slumped w/ work, let's try next week" or anything along those lines, I find myself getting angry.

/endrant

Sorry, just a little venting.

Monday I'll go to the gym with or without him. Besides working out, shrub sent me some coding guides to start me on. So, I spent most of my afternoon learning the basics of Python and catching up on some of my subscriptions on YouTube.

Also, I set some time aside to fix the track. It took me less than a few minutes to fix it, and it wasn't difficult at all. Thank god for google! I finished another chapter of The Physical Game

NorwegianDJ said:
Let me know if you read anything interesting in The Physical Game. I couldnt make myself read it.
It's a decent book, nothing special in it so far. The author finds 100 different ways to say the same thing making the book very dense and hard to read. His first 3 chapter are basically unlearning the robot-esque part of PUA that newbies tend to get caught in and learning how to be natural about approaching and conversation. I'll let you know if I see anything special in the next section though (where the author finally starts describing the physical aspect of game)

Goals:
- Arrange hangout with some friends
I'm beginning to crave being around my friends already, havent done anything since Friday and the non-social tendencies of break always leave me depressed right before school starts again
- Continue learning Python
- Get an assignment done
- Read another chapter of the physical game

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
BookWorm said:
Monday I'll go to the gym with or without him. Besides working out, shrub sent me some coding guides to start me on. So, I spent most of my afternoon learning the basics of Python and catching up on some of my subscriptions on YouTube.
What do you think so far? Like it, Hard/easy, fun/boring,

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
shrub77 said:
What do you think so far? Like it, Hard/easy, fun/boring,
it's pretty easy, and i enjoy learning it. There a few things I don't fully understand, but other than that, it's going pretty well. I just don't see the application of Python. Like, I know that Java can be used to build games, and to create and manipulate apps. But, I don't understand what Python is used to do.

TK-421

Don Juan
Reaction score
BookWorm said:
it's pretty easy, and i enjoy learning it. There a few things I don't fully understand, but other than that, it's going pretty well. I just don't see the application of Python. Like, I know that Java can be used to build games, and to create and manipulate apps. But, I don't understand what Python is used to do.
If you don't understand something, ask questions, google it. It's important to make sure you understand the basics thoroughly otherwise you'll screw yourself in the future.

Python can pretty much do everything that Java can. The benefits of Java come when you have big projects or mobile apps. But simple stuff, like games, can be made in java or python. You'll understand what language would be used for what as you get more experienced, it's difficult to explain. Python is generally used for scripting and even web development. Lots of the newer sites use python to build the site.

Long time ago, I was trying to rip off a bunch of music from emuparadise, but it wouldn't let you download the albums, just individual mp3s, and clicking through and downloading each song individually would take me hours. So, I wrote a simple python script that would download everything without me having to do it myself, and I just let that run in the background while I did other stuff.

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 9: (12-23-13)

The last few days have just been me either sucking up as much coding knowledge as possible, or reading The Physical Game (or watching Doctor Who :p)

Im going to try and get some work done tomorrow and actually be productive.
Goals:
- Call U of M!!!!!
- Finish at least 2 SU essays
- Go to the gym (if it's open)
- Work on some homework
- Practice some sight reading on snare

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 13: (12-27-13)

The past few days have been pretty dull. I called U of M on the 24th, and they aren't open till next week =/ Gym was closing by the time I contacted them about their hours. Homework .... And sight reading turned into cadence writing.

I spent most of Tuesday night creating a temporary logo for the guys' group. It looks pretty good and wasn't difficult to make. Then I got the finished product of the song, cleaned up white noise and ambient sounds, and started editing a video for it.

I got up Wednesday and spent most of my afternoon editing the video. I finished it and went into a mad frenzy trying to setup all the social media accounts and promoting the video and song once it was up.

Thursday was nothingness.

Friday, (today) shopping. Got some new shoes! I needed them badly, my skateboard was eating my DC's. Also got a few other things to add to my wardrobe (gonna slowly improve it, it's wild.) I also submitted two job applications because I'm tired of relying on my parents for money; I'm going to submit another tomorrow, hopefully I can start working before Lacrosse season starts!

This journal will start to pick up when i start school next week, I haven't been that social because during break, I tend to get stuck in my house (there is nothing in the town I live in and everyone I know lives two towns over).

Goals for Tomorrow:
- Figure out which party I plan on going to
- Plan out something else to do with Freshie before vacation ends
- Finish the Dunkin Donuts application
- GET SOME GODDAMN WORK DONE
- Start a Dream Journal (I'll either make a separate thread or put it in this one).
- Start an SU essay

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 16: (12-30-13)

So the past few days I've been reading The Great Gatsby, trying to get that book read and work on the essay for it. I found out that the DD application was for 18+, but I'm gonna call Wendy's and McDonalds to check on my application status. I'm gonna try and go To the new years party with my friend. I also did start a dream journal (its in an app i found in the Play Store).

My goals for the rest of the day:
Finish Gatsby
Finish an SU essay
Cold approach at least one girl while im out.

Ill update today's entry later today

BookWorm

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 17: (12-31-13)

I bombed yesterday, I wasn't allowed to leave the house =/ I worked on the SU essay and it was trash to me, and anyone who knows me knows that I dont like producing anything bad. So I scrapped it and am starting over. I started using chains to track my progress a bit better, hopefully it works.

2014, The Year of Improvement
I'm going to work hard this year so that I complete those goals above (I think my second post in this journal). I'll take all actions necessary, no holding back. I guess it starts here, tomorrow I'm going to complete my goals, and be congruent each day with it.

Goals tomorrow:
- Finish and submit SU application
- Go to the gym
- Work on some homework
- Call the job's I applied to

Let's do this !

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score