Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does being muscular mean nothing?

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have posted about this topic before, but I am very athletic/muscular for somebody who is only 5'7" (not freakish-looking though). People who meet me for the first time notice and compliment me about it. A local newscast did a story from the gym I go to and apparently the reporter joked about taking me in a fight because I'm in good shape. Having said all of that, girls don't seem to care. Guys close to my height who are rather unathletic seem to get dates. One just had a kid. I am on 1-2 online sites and have virtually no takers. My guess is that my not-pretty-boy face is hurting my game, but I assumed keeping myself in prime shape counts for at least something...right?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
of course bro it counts, its just part of the package...like having a job/place/car/money/confidence etc etc.

its only a real ***** magnet if you have the aesthtic face as well though but ifyou arent looking like a pretty boy dont sweat it.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesnt matter as much as you think. ive mentioned before how i work at a big company in silicon valley and im surrounded by 8s and 9s who are successful and i was shocked to see that many of them are dating or married to older out of shape guys that look like ron jeremy and roman polanksi. these guys have good careers and lots of money, and for a lot of these females it seems to be more important than looks and muscles alone. the ones who are dating younger guys their own age seem to be dating mosty weak looking mark zuckerberg looking guys or lame hipster doofus type guys.

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julian said:
its only a real ***** magnet if you have the aesthtic face as well though but ifyou arent looking like a pretty boy dont sweat it.

yes i agree with this too, the face is still important. there are plenty of dudes who get jacked and still look gross or look like a neanderthal or an ogre etc.....

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
it doesnt matter as much as you think. ive mentioned before how i work at a big company in silicon valley and im surrounded by 8s and 9s who are successful and i was shocked to see that many of them are dating or married to older out of shape guys that look like ron jeremy and roman polanksi. these guys have good careers and lots of money, and for a lot of these females it seems to be more important than looks and muscles alone. the ones who are dating younger guys their own age seem to be dating mosty weak looking mark zuckerberg looking guys or lame hipster doofus type guys.

bro you work in silicon valley of course its going to be infested wth dorks an gold diggers.

Building_and_Loan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just keep at it. You get girls by what you say and how you act. Let your muscles, wallet, car, etc. be your wingman, not the other way around.

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen, I think you are asking a question out loud with a different question underneath the vail.

"Why am I still so insecure with myself on the inside when I am in very good shape on the outside" is the question I see.

Its an answer that will come from within though, not on a forum.

It is an answer that will come with time. An answer that will continue to change once you find it. An answer that is worth its pursuit.

OK. A little less philosophical now.

You are on the right track to finding yourself and growing stronger inside and out. You will get your dates, woman and fun I promise you. I guarranty it. You have a lot going for you but your lack of patience and envy of others is creating insecurities you probably should have less of.

Have patience and continue to pursue being your own man. And… HAVE PATIENCE! It awaits you in every future moment. Make the best of each one. Even if “she” (them!) does not show up in the next moment, continue doing what you are doing in preparation for when it happens. Also, just a cautionary word about that word patience.

“Patience is POWER.

Patience is not an absence of ACTION;

rather it is "timing"

it waits on the right time to ACT,

in the right principles

and in the right way.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

As you wait, seize each opportunity as well. Forget about the hot girls at work for right now. Talk to EVERY girl you have even 10% interest in. On line at the store…Communicate with the HB behind you and ask her out. At the gym… ask the HB what she is listening too, and build a rapport to ask her out. Etc etc. As you wait, create. Create moments and each rejection and success(not just with a girl) is another brick in the foundation of being the right MAN for each girl that comes along.

A word about the gym and your fitness level.
Forget about the outward looks and benefits of looking fit. Without your fitness regimen you would be 200% worse off. You would be horribly sulkier than you ever imagined you could feel now. Your testosterone level would be lower and there are volumes written on why this is bad for a guy. Your other brain chemicals (serotonin and dopamine) and hormones that regulate happiness to metabolism would be imbalanced. Your sleep would be restless. Your skin, nails, hair, all less healthy looking. Of course we could go on and on.

You can never create a “FRAME” inside of a frameless structure. A frame of mind, spirit and MANliness would never be sturdy in a weak body.

KEEP GOING!!!!

You work out for YOU!

All that aside. An answer directly to your question:

The muscles ABSOLUTLY matter! Everyone notices. Only girls you don’t want are going to date you for the muscles alone, sure. Yet, every girl with even slight interest is going to be MORE interested because you are fit. From the first 5 min you speak to her, till the time you have sex with her. Your physique will matter. Could even be the difference as to whether or not she orgasms with you are not. People don’t like to admit that but lying underneath you her body will tremble all that much more because of your value of health and physique. Its actually less superficial than people think. It is wired in a womans physiology for her body to be more accepting of…you get the picture.

Those woman that date those successful trolls definitely don’t masturbate to stacks of cash. I mean of course that has value too. Sexual value included. I am not debating that. That’s a different topic though. All I am saying is that trust me, those girls wish their BF and husbands looked more like you do.

Muscles matter! Yet, the whole package of where those muscles grew out of matters. Commitment, health, stamina, balance, all matter. Muscles speak to that fact. It is noticed and appreciated both consciously and unconsciously.

KEEP going and be encouraged!

Be patient and encourage others.

Report back when that girl shows up for you and screams and scratches underneath those triceps of yours.::yes:

Again, one of my favorite lines I picked up around here:

“There is victory in knowing she went home with him but was thinking about you”

SoSerene

Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscles/body type for a man is probably around 20% of the equation in terms of looks. Face, height, hair, teeth, skin quality, skin tone are important as well so for instance you can't just say "hey I'm tall how come I'm not getting a bunch of girls!" because there is way more to the equation than that.

Top Of The Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not your body it's your mind that is killing your game. You a nice guy and you re probably pretty shy.

You lack balls basically. You lift but you are not aggressive. You're friends are dating but you are still alone.

Muscles help level the playing field but when you won't play they don't do anything and women are not in the habit of doing the work that a man should be doing.

They won't come banging on your door begging for you to smash them.

Quit dodging situ's where you should be manning up and stepping up to females and quit hiding your true self behind your shadow self. Your ego.

Quit being your ego's ***** and slaugher that mofo out of your head so that it won't block your shine.

Basically quit being you and develop a new you.

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
It depends on where you live. Looking like Jersey shore would help you in a setting like Miami, but not in a place like Tennessee. I'm, 6ft 2 and pretty muscular, and girls here prefer the dad bodies here. AKA, guys that look like they don't work college and are lazy beer keg drinkers in a fraternity.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dhoulmagus said:
It depends on where you live. Looking like Jersey shore would help you in a setting like Miami, but not in a place like Tennessee. I'm, 6ft 2 and pretty muscular, and girls here prefer the dad bodies here. AKA, guys that look like they don't work college and are lazy beer keg drinkers in a fraternity.

I agree with the location theory. Looking California in Tennessee won't do much for you when Tennessee is the "in" look, like it or not. Either way, just don't overthink it and do it for yourself (fitness) first and foremost.

Don't give so much importance to other guys being with girls and you being alone. Those guys guys probably envy you for being single and free!

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Muscles = sign of healthy testosterone levels.

Pook already went through how testosterone is the key to attracting the female sex hormone, estrogen.

When women see muscles on a man, they think, "oh, he's definitely not a lazy person", and they get a sense of security when they see someone who is fit. Plus, it is aesthetically pleasing to look at. It's also an indication that you're aware of nutrition and healthy eating. Whenever I walk around my college campus, I see women eye-balling me all the time. They probably picture me throwing them around in bed like a rag doll.

High bodyfat % = estrogen/low testosterone
Low bodyfat% = testosterone/low estrogen

Also, lowering your bodyfat % makes your face look attractive.

Just be sure that you don't come off to be too intimidating. Always walk around with a slight smile, face relaxed, and be sure not to clench your fist. Otherwise, you'll scare them.

The LadyKiller

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the many replies. A lot of really good insights. I had been working for awhile to get myself in great physical shape. Though I am happy with the results (my body is in great form), it seemed girls still weren't finding me physically attractive. A good body isn't everything, but easily less athletic guys were getting more looks and I was puzzled.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The LadyKiller said:
Thanks for the many replies. A lot of really good insights. I had been working for awhile to get myself in great physical shape. Though I am happy with the results (my body is in great form), it seemed girls still weren't finding me physically attractive. A good body isn't everything, but easily less athletic guys were getting more looks and I was puzzled.
Look, at the end of the day you're in great physical shape. That's a worthy goal in and of itself. But it doesn't guarantee you anything, other than that you're in great shape. Like SoSerene says, it's only one part of the equation.

For some guys, it seems like getting into shape is the magic pill for them. For a lot of guys, it isn't even close. I think it depends on the individual person and what strengths and weaknesses they have. For a fat guy with good social skills and good self esteem, maybe getting into shape is all he needs.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Attraction depends on a lot of factors. Men, being visual creatures, are willing to be providers and supporters to a hot woman with a low-paying job who has lousy behavior and an assortment of other issues. We are wired to mate with the most attractive woman we can find. Sure, it's naive and stupid but unfortunately the truth.

Women look for different things in a partner based on needs or whatever the peers find attractive. Some scenarios to think about:

1. In the town I used to live in, the late 20's-early 30's guys with the most money got the best women. These were some pretty dumpy looking dudes (beer guts, bad hair, bad style) but if they were clearing six-figures a year then the women's interest level was higher. I work with a few guys who are better looking than me, but the girls love to come over to my office to flirt with me because they know my title (gold diggers!)

2. At the large, midwestern college I went to, the most muscular and funny guys were getting the most tail. You are dealing with hormonal chicks who just want to have a lot of fun. The rich kids had some success too, but it was mainly the jocks and frat alphas who could have any girl they wanted.

3. As you get older, money and status are more important than anything else. You can be a tad beta-esque or even a straight-up jerk and still pull some great tail. This is why a majority of CEO's, VP's, etc have hot women. Can put that woman in a big house? Can you afford to bring her to the Caribbean once a year? Can you get her a nice car? How about good schools for the kids? You can see where muscles are of very little importance her and how your status and success is something she can cling to, mainly to tell the world that "she is successful".

4. Older women will backtrack to a young, studly-looking guy as they get older. Hence, Cougars. In the town I currently live in, I hear a lot about the 45-year old divorced woman banging the late 29-year old gym rat. They are getting money from the ex-husband (plus his house, kids, etc.) so they are free to explore their youth again and play out their desires. Conversely, the 27-33 year old women in my area chase after the 50 year old man because of his wealth.

So let's create a chart!

Women/Girls aged 13-25 - I want a hot boy!
Women aged 26-40 - I want a rich man!
Women aged 40-50 - I'm already established, I want a fun guy!

DiegoSantori

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Of couse, being muscular matters. Look at them R&B singers that women swoon over. Yeah, they have aesthetic faces but they are always ripped too.

If you got them muscles, women see you as sexual beings. If you're ripped and use alot of KINO, it's almost impossible to get friendzoned.