Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is winter just a bad time to try and get laid?

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
Totally serious question. I'm finding it unbelievably hard to get girls (primarily from OkCupid & Tinder) to actually hang out. I've actually had girls send me not only dirty pictures, but VIDEOS, yet they still bullsh!t around the actual hang out.

Was supposed to chill with a girl monday, but she tells me her friends Bday dinner is happening that night around 6:30. At first she tells me she'll come over after, but I just say we'll reschedule for wed because there's no way in hell she's making it to me (her friend was like an hour away). Text her the next day jokingly asking if she survived her friend's Bday. She tells me she didn't go because her car is in the shop :crazy: I then say "I'm guessing we're not hanging out tomorrow," and she tells me she'd check to see if her car is ready the next morning :crackup: So just as I thought, she didn't even text me wed morning. I got tired of the bullsh!t, so I called her out on it today and she just says "no I just started my period."

"Spin more plates."

Don't say that, because I'm already trying. I'm talking to like 10+ girls and there's only one who I trust will actually come through (we'll see tomorrow...).

I'm just expecting too much, aren't I?

Dhoulmagus

Banned
Reaction score
I have never gotten laid or kissed a girl in the summer. I do well from mid fall semester to spring.

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes it does make it a bit tougher.

Usually I go on walks after a bar date to escalate things further. This is in Europe. The way it is now is we run off back to train/bus and leaves little for further escalation which I now have to do in the bar. Also day game is more difficult as sometimes there's not even a dog outside.

Also everyone are more depressed.

It makes things more complicated but not impossible. I got a few bangs recently.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In cold climate it is by far the worst time of the year (dec-feb) to meet girls.

Come april/may with that warm weather though and out come the short shorts, blouses, and wet panties yearning to be ripped off.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I would call it, some what of an off season. But I live in a fairly large metro-plex, woman here hate the cold even though it's not really that cold at all. It was 80 yesterday so I'm sure plenty of patios filled up with hungry broads looking for attention. Like jurry said depends on were you live.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right around the holidays seem to be full of drought. Chick's generally latch onto a guy for the holidays to avoid the dread of being lonely for them. I've noticed that the gates are starting to open back up. In other words, their AFC boyfriends spoiled them rotten with gifts, so it's time to get rid of them.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, it being "winter time" is... a decent excuse, but not one that would fly with a girl that's genuinely interested in you. I'm in Cali now where it's been warm for most of the winter, but back when I lived in Virginia and Georgia I was still able to get dates during the cold times of year. Plus, think about it logically: how often is the girl going to be cold during the date? Assuming you're going to pick her up, she's going to walk from a warm house to a warm heated car; then from that warm car to another building where the date activity is taking place before going back to the warm car to her (or your) warm building. So, the amount of actual time spent outside during this whole date would be... what, 2 to 3 minutes max? And she's going to have a coat, hat and leggins on during this time I presume, so really...

The point is, it's just an excuse they'll throw out if they're not REALLY interested in a guy. Oh, and the period excuse is bogus too - as much as women complain about a guy only wanting them for sex, it would seem they'd be MORE likely to say "yes" to you during the time of the month where they can't (or aren't likely to) have sex with you just to test and see if you're about being with them or just their bodies. So.... yeah, I call bullcrap.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No one used the winter time as an excuse, the OP is asking if it is harder to meet girls in winter months. All else equal, it definitely is.

Georgia and VA arent shît, in MA we just got 25+ inches of snow. It is 10 degrees out. Panera, Trader joes, etc. that are usually filled with hotties are pretty empty. A girl online is less likely to want to leave the house, I dont want to leave the house either.

Read the post before you respond.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
jurry said:
No one used the winter time as an excuse, the OP is asking if it is harder to meet girls in winter months. All else equal, it definitely is.

Georgia and VA arent shît, in MA we just got 25+ inches of snow. It is 10 degrees out. Panera, Trader joes, etc. that are usually filled with hotties are pretty empty. A girl online is less likely to want to leave the house, I dont want to leave the house either.

This. The girl who sent me pics & videos didn't come over one night because it was snowing and she said she was a bad driver. Pretty much bullsh!t because we didn't even get an inch of snow though, but still.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kind of difficult trying to go out looking for action in the winter especially on a non weekend night (i.e. Monday or Thursday night) It's cold, you had a long day at work, you hit the gym, your hungry afterwards and then you try to hit a pub later that night to socialize while its 10 degrees out or you stay home, watch a movie on Netflix and not bother?

I can't wait till it gets warmer... :D

Zapp Brannigan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Christmas season to Valentine's Day is a time you should take off from meeting new women.

If you're looking to get in a relationship Christmas puts an awkward strain on things. You're pressured about getting the right gift, you're both busy, and it's awkward to invite/be invited to a Christmas gathering not knowing anyone. Valentine's Day puts an obvious strain on things too, especially early on.

Even if you aren't looking for a relationship it's a bad time. The women who aren't very busy aren't worth the trouble.

Meisterman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothin wrong with goin into hibernation mode for a bit dude. Just spend this time working on inner game and getting in shape. Then come summer you will take your shirt off at the beach and the chicks come swarming towards you like flies on poop

B

BlueAlpha1

Great insight by Meistermann above. I've had trouble with this myself. I went to college in the Midwest and live in the Northeast and it's depressing and brutal.

I had a grandmother who suffered from seasonal affective disorder and I think I have it to some extent. Talked to one of my friends about this and he said it's a "time to build." He's right, but it sure is hard to be a recluse by force 6 months out of the year.

This year I finally had enough. It's my last winter like this. I'm heading to Florida this spring so I can be productive 365 days a year.

hockeyfreak79

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:

F*CK & I'm thinking about moving back up that way. I must be crazy! Oh well taking advantage of 80° Texas winters.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have noticed a general trend in women from online sites not wanting to hang out. They get interested for a day or two, than drop off radar. Summer, this still happens but less often. It is easier to get a meet up in the summer.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Bro look at my state. Do you realize what we deal with. 2 winters ago I remember there were literally about 5 weeks with below zero temps straight through. I was wifed up at the time with this chick so it was all good but even having ***** on tap I was still getting beatdown from the brutal weather conditions.

It depends where you live though. Trust me even when its cold as fuuark people still go out. And its easy pickins during these times because everyone whos going out WILL get some action lol. So if you are in a large metro city there should still be abundance of females in public.