Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Switching From Windows To Mac

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been using Windows since the days of 3.1 and Win95, so I'm pretty familiar with it. Lately I've been thinking of switching to a Mac. Has anyone done this and had regret? Success? My main concerns are just the quick every day actions for organization (file renaming, copy/paste, sorting). Every time I try a Mac at BestBuy I feel like I'm re-learning to write the alphabet with my left hand. Seems mad strange. Thoughts?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I switched from Windows to Linux. I used both at the same time for a few years before I completely switched over. After seeing everyone suffering with Windows 8, I certainly don't regret the switch.

IBreatheSpears

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would use Linux exclusively if not for 1. wireless drivers and 2. games.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VladPatton said:
I've been using Windows since the days of 3.1 and Win95, so I'm pretty familiar with it. Lately I've been thinking of switching to a Mac. Has anyone done this and had regret? Success? My main concerns are just the quick every day actions for organization (file renaming, copy/paste, sorting). Every time I try a Mac at BestBuy I feel like I'm re-learning to write the alphabet with my left hand. Seems mad strange. Thoughts?
Switched to Mac years ago and couldn't be happier. I also have a PC running Windows 8 because I occasionally use software that doesn't run on Mac OS for work and I hate it.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate Macs, iPhones too.

I'm no programmer or computer fanatic, but I find for day-to-day use, troubleshooting problems, customizable interface, and software compatibility PCs and Android phones slap Mac in the face. Plus, I cant stand how insufferably trendy Macs and iPhones are.

I use an old Dell laptop running Windows 7 (going on 5 years maintenance-free), and I'll probably switch to a Surface or Chromebook when this thing bites the dust.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. These Macs are gaining popularity at an insane rate, so I'm wondering if there's something to it. At one time Blackberries were the shiznit, and now, ppfffttt, because they didn't keep up with the tech. Decisions, decisions.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Windows 7 all the way.

Apple just needs to stick with phones and maybe tablets. Plus mac's are overpriced in my opinion, as with any Apple product.

Blistex

Don Juan
Reaction score
My desktop runs on Windows 8 while I have a MacBook for school work. I only recently purchased the MacBook but I am quite satisfied with it thus far because it works well with my other Apple products (iPhone, iPad, iTunes, etc.), considering they sync with each other through iCloud. I had used Microsoft's OneDrive in the past but instead of it backing up my files, it was deleting them.

But yes, using a Mac takes a bit of a learning curve, especially if you are like me and had used Windows for most of your life. But after exploring around, it is quite straight forward to use.

Of course, price is a major factor for a lot of individuals and Apple products do not come cheap. For the activities you named, I do not think you necessarily need a Mac but if you are looking for something different than Windows, it could be the right choice for you. You have to head back to Best Buy and play around with it some more. And I recommend watching some how-to YouTube videos to get a sense of it, perhaps even some Mac v. Windows videos so you know exactly what you are getting.