Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"There is no try." (NOW: The definative Gubby confidence post).

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke: "I'll try".
Yoda:"No, do, or do not. There is no try".

The first time I heard that in Star Wars, it bent my mind. How could Luke not try, just do, when he knew he could fail?

Trying means to attempt to do something though you may fail.

Doing means to do something. Whether it will work or not is not mentioned.

Confidence is not the same as thinking you cannot fail, it is not thinking about failure at all.

You get what you focus on. In hypnosis you can't say "don't do this", because what it's telling your unconscious mind is "Focus on this. See it? See it? See it? Right, now don't do it please?" There is no such thing as "nothing" in your mind. Something either is, or it's something else. So you can do, or do something else, but you can't "not do". You get what you focus on.

Now, when before I would have thought, "try to do this", I think, "work to do this". Find a way.

COURAGE IS FOCUSING ON WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND NOT WHAT COULD GO WRONG. Can or can't doesn't come into it. You'll find out soon enough.

Just do it - Nike.

....................................................................................................................

Another way to look at it is it is not CARING about whether you fail or not. If you don't care about failing, you won't think about failing.

How do you achieve this?

Realise that life isn't so important, that nothing you do really matters. Moreover, nothing that happens to you really matters. We are all gonna die sometime, so it seems a bit dumb to think little things like whatever it is you're worrying about really mean shi't. Try staring up at the stars for an hour or so. You think it really matters now? What will the stars say if you fu'ck up big boy?

Edit: I should add the famous one, "there is no such thing as failure, only lessons". How Thomas Edison said, "I haven't failed 20,000 times, I've successfully found 20,000 ways not to make a lightbulb". You might have heard it before, but that really helped me.

Life is a game.

If you can't laugh at yourself someone else will do it for you.

Most importantly, adopt the cool guy mindset: "If I succeed, cool. If I fail, oh well." People put WAY too much focus on succeeding and failing. They take the success and failure of their actions to mean what kind of a person they are. "Whoops, I dropped a pencil, I'm a klutz". "Oh no, the girl doesn't like me, I'm an AFC". "I didn't win the job, I've failed at life".

This comes to the final part of my plan: overcome the ego. (parts of this article copied and pasted from here). Ego in this article means, basically, comparing yourself to others in a way that defers superiority or inferiority.

Believe me, if you think you have a problem, or if you think you're pretty amazing because of something, there will be at least a million other people in the world who also thinks the same, and ALSO thinks he's the only one who has it. No, a million is a tiny number compared to the 6 billion people on earth. Most likely, 5 9/10 billion people have it. You are exactly the same as everyone else, on the basic level of your humanity. We are all human.

One simple way of getting rid of ego is to turn everything you think of yourself around and apply it to other people. If you think you are extremely clever, realise there must be other people in the world like you. If you think you have a problem with women, realise other people must do too. If you are unhappy, other people must be too, and if you don't see it, they must be hiding their unhappiness; just like you are.

"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical illusion of his consciousness. This illusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us."
--Albert Einstein

To get rid of ego, don't think of yourself as anything. Short, fat, thin, tall, smart, dumb, these all presuppose an average which you are above or below. You may be intelligent, but don't think of yourself as intelligent. You may be stupid, but it's the same, putting yourself above or below other people is narcissism. Don't compare yourself to others. Who cares how you compare? Your identity should be how you see yourself in your mind, not how you compare yourself to others in your mind. See the fine line?

If you have it, someone else MUST HAVE IT too.

If you are human, you have a brain and a body, so with a push in the right direction you are capable of doing what any other human with a brain and body can do.

Get rid of your ego. I have an affirmation which I say to myself whenever I feel shame for what I've done or what someone else does: "I accept everyone, whatever they do". It's a funny thing, you can accept yourself and others and still make the proper actions to improve whatever's wrong with the situation. By saying this, you realise that there was a reason that it happened, and it wasn't because the person was "bad", "stupid", "wrong", "evil" or any of these dumb words. It takes away the bad vibe, the ego, as in; they are inferior, I am inferior, they are superior, I am superior.

Say it whenever you compare yourself to others in this way.

Last edited:

flippinfreak

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go damnit Gubby

What did I give you a rep point for last time?

Damn good post, remind me later that you deserve a big pat on the back for this one:D

First tip I've printed in months, and the first tip I've ever given a rating to:D

Five Stars buddy