How to Be the Bad Boy Women Love

Go Back   Don Juan Discussion Forum > Health and Fitness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
goodfoot
Senior Don Juan

goodfoot has a spectacular aura aboutgoodfoot has a spectacular aura about
Fitness standards

I weigh 140, my max bench is 150, and I did 2 squats at 145. Is that pretty good?
goodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
DanZy
Master Don Juan

DanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to beholdDanZy is a splendid one to behold
Your bench is greater than your squats, that's appalling.
DanZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
goodfoot
Senior Don Juan

goodfoot has a spectacular aura aboutgoodfoot has a spectacular aura about
I wasn't comfortable doing them. I had no power rack. I know I could do more reps. I had someone put the weight on my back. I was just wondering how many reps would be good at that weight.
goodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
mrRuckus
Master Don Juan

mrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to beholdmrRuckus is a splendid one to behold
Not unless you are a gnome.
mrRuckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #5
Nik TPT
Don Juan

Nik TPT is on a distinguished road
It's kind of strange that your bench is higher than your squat.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:39 PM   #6
powpow
Senior Don Juan

powpow has disabled reputation
your squat should be higher than your bench

but good work doing squats. lot of guys wont do them.

and as for the weigh, pushing your body weight is pretty standard, twice your weight should be your goal. I'm not there yet with bench, but with squats and deads I am.

speaking of, squats, deads, and bench should be the main portion of your routine.
powpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #7
wait_out
Master Don Juan

wait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to beholdwait_out is a splendid one to behold
http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLi...hStandards.htm

http://crossfitseattle.com/wordpress...preadsheet.pdf

Cheers
wait_out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #8
search1ng
Master Don Juan

search1ng will become famous soon enoughsearch1ng will become famous soon enough
generally aim for x2 your bodyweight for squats/deads and something like 1.5 for your benches.

That said I'm 5'8 @ 75kg. My bench is 100kg, squat 140kg and dead 180kg. Kind of all over the place.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Krueg
Master Don Juan

Krueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to behold
I don't believe there has to be a "standard". Everyone has different levels of strength. I'd just find a weight that is comfortable for you and work your way up.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:56 AM   #10
Down Low
Master Don Juan

Down Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud ofDown Low has much to be proud of
I don't get it.

When I was 17, a friend lied about my age and helped me get a job in construction. I regularly picked up 100 kilo barrels, ran a jack hammer all day, and so on. Even as a skinny kid of 137 pounds, I regularly shoveled a ton an hour, 10 hours a day.

I can't understand gym rats. Why would anyone pay to push around such damaging weight, with no socially-constructive purpose behind it? I don't get it.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #11
Krueg
Master Don Juan

Krueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to beholdKrueg is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Low
I don't get it.

When I was 17, a friend lied about my age and helped me get a job in construction. I regularly picked up 100 kilo barrels, ran a jack hammer all day, and so on. Even as a skinny kid of 137 pounds, I regularly shoveled a ton an hour, 10 hours a day.

I can't understand gym rats. Why would anyone pay to push around such damaging weight, with no socially-constructive purpose behind it? I don't get it.

I Think in your time Down Low, bodybuilding and weight lifting wasn't as popular as it is today. There are alot of benefits to weight training, as long as your training smart. I know what you mean by working hard on the job. Even my own mother wonders why I'd want to join a gym when, I can do push-ups or dumbell curls at home. But, I have my own personal goals that I cannot, really achieve on the job or at home.