Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Docs - The Cause and Effect Theory - [Must Read]

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
The Cause and Effect Theory

Prelude and Notes
Well...this all started when I was talking to my friend about how I owe my current situation to not punching someone out. Suddenly, I gained all empowering knowledge about how everything that has happened to me, and my actions caused a effect. Consciencidently, that meant that the only two reasons I am here right now, is because of my ACTIONS, and CHANCE. Thinking about that in an expanded form caused a great deal of theoritical ideas that cannot be proven 100% factual, but cannot be proven wrong.

This lead to the discovery that even though by technicality, this theory isn't true, it cannot be false. Knowing that, I believe this is the most inspirational pieces of knowledge everyone should know exists.

I also discovered that we all have immense power in life. I can change other people's lives and others can change mine. The simpliest of actions, decisions and thoughts causes a effect to everything you encounter. For example, lets say you're at work and you crash a computer totally. You don't call the IT guy because well, you're too damn lazy. Five other people get pissed off because this computer doesn't work when they need it too, get in their car pissed off and about 20 minutes later, they cause your death in a front end because they were cursing the guy (you) that messed up the other computer and swerved into your lane. That's the theory in a nutshell.

I urge you to read this, it may change your life forever.
Defining the Theory
Lets take the theory at its most basic level of understanding, Cause and Effect. Cause, defined as a verb, tells us that something occured that CAUSED the next word, EFFECT. We could go technical and say that my action caused a profound affect on my reaction, producing a effect onto another reacting object, but that's just brain washing globs of words.

Now, we defined the theory, lets examine how this theory works in life, what variables this theory does and doesn't control, how chance operates, and how using this knowledge, we can reasonably predict the future. Then, we can apply this theory to something more at home, like the dating game.
Understanding Inital Circumstance and Becoming a User of the Cause and Effect Theory
There is a lot of power within this theory. It controls your future to a certain degree, it can be used to even predict certain parts of it, but it can't control the past, nor can it be used accurately to bring about a certain action without the variable of chance.

Some people relate this to 'playing with the cards you have been dealt', or destiny or fate. You are born. Whatever factors occured that brought you into this world are what they are. Who your parents are, how you are raised, what events in the world happen, etc. At that point in your life, you really don't have control over anything. All you can do is react. But, when you are 6 years old, most of you weren't thinking about the existance of the world, let alone understanding how it operates.

But then you become older and you hit school. As you go though school, you slowly gain little amounts of power over this theory. You can think about what you want to do in life, who your buddies are, your girl-friends, finding interests and hobbies and developing a personality. It's been noted that you develop and display a personality as early as from the first weeks of birth. It becomes more evident as you grow, as it determines how you react to something, and how you do things.

So, unknown to you, you already gained about 10% of the power of this theory. Whether you knew it or not, you have control over your life. On top of that, you definitely wouldn't of known this, but you have control over other people's lives as well.
Core Dymanics
You might not think 10% of having the power of a theory is much, but truly, it is. Think about the kid that got bullied. He experienced school and life a lot differently then you did. Or, how about the guy that was the first to figure out how the dating game works? What about the kid who studied and got As, as compared to the guy that just couldn't get anything past a C, no matter how hard he tried?

That's how powerful this theory is in regards to the future. You can change the future of others, just by the way you act towards others. On the other hand, the way other people interact with you also can change your future. This is the core dymanics of Cause and Effect.
Chance, Destiny and the Future
There remains to this very day, the debate of whether our paths though life are as a direct result of destiny (fate), or whether we make it ourselves. I for one, believe it's a combination of both. You are born into a certain position. We can't change that. We have limited influence on ourselves when we grow up. But, are we destined for something we dream of becoming, or will we find something else, or will chance throw us a lick of disaster?

There are so many things going on, infinite amounts of variables occuring at the instance of an event. Even the variables from the past contribute to create the present. When looking at an atom, we can only know one of the following: We either can know the exact position of an atom in a specific period of time, or we can know the exact speed of the atom at the specific point of time, but never can we know both. Using this as an analogy, we can determine that you can know where you're going but never what's happening right now, or you can know what's going on right now and never what's going to happen next.

Basically, you could be looking to cross the street and not notice the truck that's going to run the red light 2 seconds after you cross the street, or you could notice that truck, not cross and the piano that just fell from a 23rd storey window will strike where you stand. So, you know where you are, but you didn't know the future, or you knew the future of the truck, but not the present piano that's going to smack you. This is the element of chance, the factors we don't have control over.

Destiny, I don't have that much of a strong belief in. You're born into the world, that's about as much as I believe. You control the majority of the future, and chance plays the reminder of the game.
Therorical Prediction
This is the big thing. Using this theory, we can reasonably predict the future. Lets say I smoke. If I continue to smoke for years and years, it can be reasonably said that I probably will develop cancer. When and where I develop cancer is the element of chance. I could develop it at 30, 45 or 80, I don't know that.

Knowing that I can reasonably predict the future, I can also shape my prediction the way I want. If I want to buy a house (already own one), I need credit. So, from my current future of not having credit, I probably can't own a house. But if I go out and get a credit card, now I probably can own a house, provided I use the credit card maturely.

Just by knowing that, I have unlocked one of the great mysteries of life. I can control my future to a certain degree. If I go to the gym, I can reasonably expect to become stronger (unless a cable snaps and smashes my wrist persay, by chance). If I look good and walk up to a girl without the knowledge of the game, I can only expect chance will be in my favour that she expresses interest in me, since I have no knowledge on how to manipulate her. Another big key to understand.

This is something that can't be taken lightly, this is life-changing material here. Being able to predict the future, and alter the future is pretty big I think.
Applying the Theory
Knowing we have no control over chance, we have to take what we get. If a pretty lady walks up to you and asks you how you're doing, that's a big stroke of luck. Don't throw it away! Chance is just that. Sometimes we get the luck factor, and sometimes we don't. But, if you have knowledge of not only this theory, but advanced material (such as the game) to manipulate people (or equipment), you know have incredible amounts of power. Using your knowledge, you can repair a computer where before you couldn't, you can seduce a lady that normally would have blown you off and set yourself up for the future.

Understanding that everything you do could affect the future, considering beforehand how doing one thing over another could affect the future, and how what you do could by chance, come back to haunt/help you later, is something you should all understand.
Closing Notes
I'm sorry for the long read. I hope this has enlightened you to the world, maybe it'll help to some unconsious thought when you sleep. I'm hoping though, that this will change your life forever. It is invaluable information to have.

Feel free to comment, discuss, send rep points, name your babies after me, send me money for me attributing your successes, or anything really. Just by chance right?

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post,

This is know as the "Butterfly Effect"

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs

I really want to thank you for the help you have done for me and people on this forum. For me I learned a lot, a lot of people blew off your advice(dreamx). However, I had to realize who is getting the pvssy and who isn't. Instead of getting angry when people are harsh do something about it. Now I find it much easier to get girls interested in me. I am the problem, not you. I had to realize that to come to this point. Instead listen.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to hear buddy :up:! Remember that girls should never be the focus of your life, rather it should be yet another positive to it.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs,

You inadvertantly hit on the heart of predictive statistical modeling:

outcome = cause + chance (or "error")

(You can also add in more causes, which amounts to what's known as mutiple regression.)

Pretty impressive that you came across it on your own. :)

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Docs,
You inadvertantly hit on the heart of predictive statistical modeling:
outcome = cause + chance (or "error")
(You can also add in more causes, which amounts to what's known as mutiple regression.)

Pretty impressive that you came across it on your own.
Whoa, thanks! I figured this idea isn't new, but when you discover something yourself without even knowing about it, and being able to define it so well, it's a big thing ;).

:D

Cheatz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch the movie Run Lola Run to see the different changes in outcomes (effect) that happens when you alter the actions a little (cause).

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Post, Docs.

This post bisects or intersects the "Law of Attraction." At least if you understand what PRE-dates cause. See, when cause arises, people can ACT or REACT on the feeling/thought they have. Sometimes they initially feel some anger or pleasure toward something as a gut reaction, and doing some brings about the CAUSE-EFFECT scenario without thought as to what COULD happen. Yet, if we give a modicum of thought to what MIGHT happen as it leads to CAUSE-EFFECT we yield...

Thoughts ~~~~> CAUSE/ACTION ~~~~~> EFFECT/RE-ACTION (Someone else's CAUSE) ~~~~> EFFECT.

Many times people, without thinking of what THEY WANT TO DO, say..."I did it because you did X, Y or Z." And what that person says is, "I don't have any power, and I only react like a programmed robot."

I was playing flag football on my new team, and we had a particularly rough day since it was the first game of my new team all being together. It was a major blowout due to some really poor planning and an even poorer defensive scheme. However, 2 CAUSES and 2 EFFECTS were yielded from this instance.

1. The other team had a particularly azz-holic player, how was gloating each time they did something to dominate us. And not in a way that was befitting of the spirit of sports, but more like..."you guys suk." Worse, my brother is on my team, so I'm overly protective to the nth degree. He can hold his own, but any OLDER brother knows it doesn't take much to trigger a REACTION in the slightest manner. This other player's actions began to effect the chemistry and focus of my team. Until I reframed and realized I have power over my own emotions and that he's just some shady character looking for attention. The rest of this team is generally respectable and went through the growing pains we've gone through, so they had were at least mildly encouraging.

2. We now know what we did wrong, and like Edison, we found 1 way NOT to succeed. This doesn't mean we have a bad team, just that the gameplan we had was bad. We in fact have lots of athletic guys, we just didn't package it correctly for this team. The cause = losing with a poor gameplan. The effect = practicing what we need to to win and to improve in the skill areas to be competitive. Had we won, we wouldn't know where our holes are.

And before cause, comes, thought and expectation, positive or negative. If you THINK one way, you'll act one way, and then you'll bring about results in that way. If you think a different way, you'll act that way, and then you'll bring about results congruent with THAT path.

In the case of being responsible for (1) computer crashing and impacting, positively or negatively, the lives of (5) or more others...had you accepted responsibility and found someone to fix it, these 5 people would have gone to use another computer, waited until this one was fixed, or been waiting for a free computer. You can't necessarily control ALL the potential outcomes, but if you are responsible for YOUR reality, you can do the best possible for YOU. It's alot like when characters go back in time and a small change has exponential effects in either direction.

Great post, Docs.

A-Unit

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting stuff right here. Some of it sounded a lot like karma (which I am a strong advocate of) to the extreme i.e. the part where you piss off somebody by not fixing the computer and then they accidentally kill you while driving pissed off.

I'm not sure about this though. I'm very inclined to lean towards destiny and fate. I believe there is a "higher power" (trying not to turn this into a "religious thread" and get it closed) that determines a lot of what happens in your life. I think there are many major points in your life where you can choose to go down one road or the other. But I believe that higher power decides what happens after you choose a certain road up until you reach another one of those points. I think you meet certain people and not others for a reason. How many of you have just happened to meet somebody that changes your life forever? Some might call it luck, because certain circumstances that were out of your control, led you to meet that person? For example, a long long time ago, my basketball coach was transfered out of state due to the Navy. I was pissed, but my new coach and I became so close, I considered him a father figure. He changed my life forever. I don't think thats luck, somebody "up there" was watching out for me and sent that person into my life for my benefit. Thats fate. Thats destiny.

notdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey docs, where do you get the time to go and make these posts. i mean like since yu can like p.u girls easily why are yu wasting your time on us?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
hey docs, where do you get the time to go and make these posts. i mean like since yu can like p.u girls easily why are yu wasting your time on us?
Haha, I have several hours of the day, and sometimes I can't get to sleep at night. This idea came up at night...typed up in about a hour.

:)

Lompa

Banned
Reaction score
Nice post but its pretty obvious...
There os a movie i once saw and it showed the life of a female if she is able to catch the train of 4:30 insted of 5:00.

Long story short: If she was able to get to the 4:30 train she caught her BF cheating on her.

Remulak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Docs I enjoy your posts and think you're a credible poster however your 'theory' just sounds like common sense to me but correct me if I'm wrong. Learning that every decision you make in life has an effect on other variables just seems like common knowledge.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
It's so much more in depth that just my life = something happens. Not only do you do certain things that cause certain things, but you do certain things that AFFECT other people's lives. Just by comphending that statement, you should realize that you really have a lot of influence on people. Consciencidently, that same certain thing you did will affect someone else and might just maybe affect YOU again.

That, and the startling discovery that if something good walks up to you (whether it's a job, a favour, a chance to do something, a girl) and pretty much dumps interest in your hands, realizing that it was sheer luck that happened, and knowing that luck comes and goes, means you shouldn't be letting that chance get away. But time and time again, that's what happens, you don't make a move on it, you sleep in, you forgot to phone back, and the chance is over.

And the last thing, when your life is all said and done, it's kinda funny to look back and say 'I'm at this point in my life because I didn't kick the crap out of that guy, I told that girl off, and went for what I wanted'

:up:

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great thoughts here Docs. Going for what we want and persevering the journey are traits of being powerful men.