Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important are muscles to girls?

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Do most girls prefer guys who are cut or real skinny? I have heard many girls are turned off by real muscular guys, but what is considered too big. Do you honestly think being muscular will make your success increase dramatically? BTW, I have gained about 10 lbs of muscle in the past 4 months.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are real skinny, then putting on some extra muscle just brings you up in to the normal range. It is actually not so easy for most skinny guys to put on too much muscle.

All it all, though, I think guys with muscles have more confidence, and get more girls than guys without.

mystik

Don Juan
Reaction score
im rather skinny (5'11", 140 lbs) and i realized that muscles are important =/ I am on the swim team so i have very clear cuts but my girlfriend still often comments that i should gain some weight...

I think being skinny is better then being overweight, however, if you can, buff up a little, eat high protein meals and do anarobic exercises.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny you should mention this.

I have a larger frame and put on muscle well. My biz partner has a smaller frame (still muscular if you ask me) with low bodyfat.

Two different girls in the past couple of weeks told me point blank that they couldn't believe he works out. One said she wanted to take him home to her mom cause she'd try to feed him, haha. The other one told me I look "WAY BETTER" that he does.

Now I would THINK that most women would prefer the 10% bodyfat, ripped ab, beach boy look, but obviously not. I'm probably 17% bodyfat (well proportioned at least) big arms, wide shoulders and lately I've been attracting the better looking women.

So to answer your question, I would say that being more than average muscular would be to your advantage.

JohnElDonJuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the expert at this. now muscles will get you the initial attraction but you can still **** it up very easily like I constantly do. I'm the perfect example, I have been lifting weights since age 7 and still can't find a reliable nice girl(When I do I **** up my chance). Also it seems the younger and more immature the girl is the better a muscular guy seems to them. I might post a pic here one day when I get it together. Also really pretty girls try to act like they're not phased by it.

I remember I took my shirt off once to play football when there was no girls in sight. 3 minutes later about 30-40 girls just crowded just to look at me. They took my shirt and was wearing it and there were some dancing, some were singing my name but they were younger than me by 2-3 years, that goes to prove my point. I actually talked to none of them they just didn't fit my taste. There was also no challenge in it either I like the challenge.

I have the perfect 6 pack and the perfect chest. My arms are probably my worst asset because they seem abnormal for a guy my size, they're not like those nasty body builders arms though.

My advice is if your a DJ you can get beautiful women regardless of muscle. Now if i had the skills of a master Dj I'd probably get it in right now instead of posting here. Also remember whats even more magic than muscles is social status. Even better than that Confidence my friend, have a nice day and I hope you find your answers.

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I think it definitely helps in the initial attraction, I'm a pretty musclar guy, bout 6' 3" and chicks do notice. (I say initial cos they're not going to be jumping on you just cos you're fit).

The trick though is not to be too musclar, because most girls don't like the body builder type look, just aim for the Men's Health Cover look at the most (but you don't even have to go that far).

Think about it, would you prefer a girl who was femine, slim and in shape?

Course you would!

Well, likewise, most girls prefer guys who are slim and reasonably musclar. It's just the way men look traditionally! (well b4 modern society computers and all that stuff!;).

You don't _have_ to be that way to get chicks, but it will make your job a little easier even if only for the fact that it will boost your confidence.

It's not hard, hit the gym for a few hours a week and you will start to see results pretty soon, but to get really in shape will take a while, still it'll put you ahead of 90 percent of guys who don't work out.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when it comes to physical features, muscles aren't a huge factor when it comes to women. MORE important than muscles, women want a man who is FIT...if you are at least fit, than a woman can assume that you're not a slob.

mind you, i'm just going on the physical features..i know plenty of hefty guys with the DJ attitude who are pulling girls left and right...but we all know that attraction first starts with the physical.

stay fit and lean, most women will be plenty happy.

-HQ

G_S

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Me so skinny. Me sad. :(

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes

Being a bit more muscular is likely to improve your success dramatically, if you're a skinny guy.

There's a huge difference between a "thin and frail" and a "lean and mean" look to most women. It helps to have a good-sized frame, too, as STR8UP points out. Those 10 lbs you've just built up and the next 10-20 are the most important ones. I had little difficulty with the first 15 or so, and it got difficult after that. Keep at it, and you can go from the least attractive body build (wiry thin) to the most attractive (trim, solid, and athletic).

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im pretty sure being muscular helps A LOT with women, tho its tru that most of them dont like guys who look like bodybuilders...just think about it. What would u prefer a skinny girl without titties and no ass or a girl who got a nice butt and big cups lol....on the other hand most guy wouldnt really like a girl who got titties like lolo ferrari used to. But look at guys like..50 cent or tyson beckford, Id say thats how a lotta women like it, or rather a little less, but most girls actually do like muscles if they aint too big and make u look dumb.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
how about Ed Norton in American History X..too big or no?
Not too big, dont want to go much bigger though.

Bill

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sadly enough, I'll have to say that whenever I overhear women talking about guys it's mostly about their looks. Yep, women are that shallow -- sorry for the bad news. There are a couple "good" women out there who have morals and all that sh!t though, if you're lucky you just might stumble upon one. Best of luck guys.
Peace.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mahon83050
So, you don't think the guys on Mens Health do not look too big? I would not think so....how about Ed Norton in American History X..too big or no?
Haha, I've been by a couple of girls that I look like Ed.

I understand that's a good thing?!?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you look like a nazi, my friend. im calling FBI ;)

i used to be really skinny, and by the age of 17 i stated bulking up. right now im 5"11 or 6, and 153 pounds. i got nice arms, and chest.

the thing is, no matter how much i eat, i dont seem to gain weight. any ideas on this?

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut down on cardio activities. You may be so active in running, playing basketball, etc, that it's hard to put enough calories in yourself to gain mass. Another thing to keep in mind is that not everyone can get huge, but don't use that as an excuse not to try.

Back to the main topic of this thread: if you're skinny, bulking up will help with girls, but only to a point. My body got the most positive comments from females (of all ages) at the end of high school, when I was 5'11", 190 lbs, and cut. Now, I'm 20-25 lbs heavier, still cut, but I think I've passed the peak musculature for a really sexy body. Women like to see men who are athletic looking, with a good shape to their ass, abs, pecs, shoulders, and calves. They don't seem to be overly impressed when those body parts get huge.

That's not to say being really big doesn't have its advantages: you do get a lot of respect, and it has increased my confidence. If the advantages didn't outweight the disadvantages, I'd cut back down to 190. But if your primary reason for putting on muscle is to get girls, do it in moderation. It's tempting to do too much.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
you look like a nazi, my friend. im calling FBI ;)

i used to be really skinny, and by the age of 17 i stated bulking up. right now im 5"11 or 6, and 153 pounds. i got nice arms, and chest.

the thing is, no matter how much i eat, i dont seem to gain weight. any ideas on this?

That is pretty damn skinny for that height. You have to eat more, eat late at night and then bulk up at the gym. In hs, I was about 5'10.5 and a disgusting 135 lbs. Now, I am 6' and 175lbs.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it can help. I have dealt with this stuff for a bit. See, thing is even if a girl doesn't hint it to you, sometimes they want you a bit bigger. Perfect example was my last gf.

Swore over and over she didn't care. Then I said tell me the truth. And you know I am doing this for me and not you. Always have since I was younger. So then I kind of got a well... ok maybe a few more pounds on you.

I mean I am 9% bf year round and can be ripped as hell, but it doesn't work sometimes. If I had another 15-25lbs on me then I would be set and that is what I am working on.

I mean sometimes think about what could go through a womans mind..... Wish my bf had shoulders like that guy, or arm a little bigger so I could wrap my hands around them. Plus too then they can be like.... look what I have.

Odd how it works but I see women come out of their hiding after you break them. They ultimately give up and go... Alright you could be a little bigger. The reason they keep it a secret is that they don't want to hurt your feelings. Even if they have gone out with you for a long time it crossses their mind, trust me.

Juan_Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10'' and 150lbs. I have muscles but since I'm relatively skinny, I never get noticed for the body. I think that if you go to parties, bars, and clubs, the taller and more well-built guys get the ladies. Plain and simple. In other circumstances, like the classroom, these attributes can be overlooked because you have a better opportunity to showcase the personality.

El_Indio

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'10" and i weigh 135 lbs. So im thinking Im way underweight. yet i eat alot, i dont get it. its just hard for me to put on weight. should i drink those "weight gainer" shakes from gnc? or similar stuff?