Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Seduction Book Study

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
020204 said:
Am in the process of reading this book and finishing off The 48 Laws of Power. This is great reading. I am also doing a self hypnosis program based on The book which goes into a trance like state into the archetypes of seduction, the rake, the star, the charmer, the charamastic, perfect lover. I will tell you how I go. It is a 90 day program which thoroughly programs these traits and techniques through deep trance and self hypnosis. David Greene is a great writer. It is very powerful knowledge.

wow that hypnosis program sounds very interesting.... definitely post your feedback. Do you have a link to where I can check it out?

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crissco said:
Im looking to expand my reading on seduction. Are there any other books anyone would recommend?
I have read "The Mystery Method'' and it is very good. Robert Greene while not a PUA writes a great book, he is in some ways a modern Sigmund Freud, in that he is very influential. "The Natural Art of Seduction" is a good book. There is a lot of stuff which is good. Kesia Noble is releasing a book called "Men Who Make Chemistry", not sure if it has been published yet.

Jordie

Don Juan
Reaction score
020204 said:
Am in the process of reading this book and finishing off The 48 Laws of Power. This is great reading. I am also doing a self hypnosis program based on The book which goes into a trance like state into the archetypes of seduction, the rake, the star, the charmer, the charamastic, perfect lover. I will tell you how I go. It is a 90 day program which thoroughly programs these traits and techniques through deep trance and self hypnosis. David Greene is a great writer. It is very powerful knowledge.

Very interesting and please do post back with results.

Jordie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have all of Greene's books: Art of Seduction, 33 Strategies of War, 48 Laws of Power, The 50th Law.

All of them have greatly helped me out in my day-to-day interactions, but it is in my professional career that it has made dramatic improvements for me.

For example, I work in Finance at my company and we have a lot of women who are HB8's and above. These women are notorious for using their sexuality to advance their careers in that they can get most of the men to do the calculations and work for them while they present the numbers to senior executives. In this way, they're employing Greene's 7th law of power(regardless if they're aware of Greene's work): Get Others to Do the Work, But Always Take Credit. And the men whom these women use, well, they like to get used by these women because they'll take any opportunity to be around these hotties, even at the expense of their own careers, because by letting these women take the credit their career stagnates.

I've been able to avoid falling prey to these women and advance my own career simply because I knew their game and employed Greene's Laws:

Law 11: Keep Others Dependent on You
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor
Law 17: Keep Others in Suspended Terror: Cultivate An Air of Unpredictability

I observe Law 11 by ensuring that all of my numbers are always on track and always reliable. In this way, these women cannot advance themselves without relying on me, and the only way they can rely on me is to help me advance my own career.

I observe Law 16 by occassionally disappearing during important meetings to create an sense that I'm too preoccupied with ensuring the numbers to be bothered by petty meetings.

I observe Law 17 by outright disrespecting these women in front of senior executives if I don't like their behavior. In this way, they fear for their image and know that if they say or do certain things in my presence, they can expect the most unexpected and most outrageous comments from me. Of course they can report me to HR, but if I get fired, their career is in jeopardy because only I can ensure the numbers and thus ensure their careers.

Do these women hate me: yes. Can they do anything about it: No.

These are only a few of the methods I employ in my life and it's given me great results.

Magic Bullets

Reaction score
Have just finished "The Art of Seduction" and have started reading it again. Its certainly not a pickup book, it is a book which breaks down seduction in real detail. It is kind of like stealing the secrets from the females who have made an art form out of doing this to men. A great book.

The Mad Ghost

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jordie said:
I have all of Greene's books: Art of Seduction, 33 Strategies of War, 48 Laws of Power, The 50th Law.

All of them have greatly helped me out in my day-to-day interactions, but it is in my professional career that it has made dramatic improvements for me.

For example, I work in Finance at my company and we have a lot of women who are HB8's and above. These women are notorious for using their sexuality to advance their careers in that they can get most of the men to do the calculations and work for them while they present the numbers to senior executives. In this way, they're employing Greene's 7th law of power(regardless if they're aware of Greene's work): Get Others to Do the Work, But Always Take Credit. And the men whom these women use, well, they like to get used by these women because they'll take any opportunity to be around these hotties, even at the expense of their own careers, because by letting these women take the credit their career stagnates.

I've been able to avoid falling prey to these women and advance my own career simply because I knew their game and employed Greene's Laws:

Law 11: Keep Others Dependent on You
Law 16: Use Absence to Increase Respect and Honor
Law 17: Keep Others in Suspended Terror: Cultivate An Air of Unpredictability

I observe Law 11 by ensuring that all of my numbers are always on track and always reliable. In this way, these women cannot advance themselves without relying on me, and the only way they can rely on me is to help me advance my own career.

I observe Law 16 by occassionally disappearing during important meetings to create an sense that I'm too preoccupied with ensuring the numbers to be bothered by petty meetings.

I observe Law 17 by outright disrespecting these women in front of senior executives if I don't like their behavior. In this way, they fear for their image and know that if they say or do certain things in my presence, they can expect the most unexpected and most outrageous comments from me. Of course they can report me to HR, but if I get fired, their career is in jeopardy because only I can ensure the numbers and thus ensure their careers.

Do these women hate me: yes. Can they do anything about it: No.

These are only a few of the methods I employ in my life and it's given me great results.
You, sir, Champion!

Magic Bullets

Reaction score
This is a very detailed book and one that is worth studying thoroughly. It is very strategic in its very nature. In combination with other books and programs it will yield results, although probably not immediately as you have to work through the various processes.

telamarie

Reaction score
I already answered, but I assumed "fight" meant fight violently. " Fighting with love," "fighting with ideas" are all well and good, but who is ever against such things anyway? The tough decision is when and where to use force.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@telemarie: i use force when I'm in danger, when a girl has resisted my advances so much that I "have to get her"... and it is this sense of urgency that will push me to what i desire the most.

this book has really effected the way I looked at power and life. I don't know why but it has been a few years since reading the book and i'm still stuck on the archetypes for some reason. I love playing with these archetypes as I find them all true. i really should move on to the process of making them fall in love, but the book is so long and I am lazy. I have met stars, dandies, rakes, ideal lovers, coquettes, sirens, naturals... and began to understood what made me attracted to these people. the funny thing is i am very much unable to figure out what I am categorized under, it was like one day i was sure i was a rake, and then realized I was much like a natural, and then suddenly thought i was a charmer. What gave me a clue about identifying stars was the way they talked and dressed, so i listened to what they talked about and began adapting it in my own character. i have met a consummate ideal lover before and will never forget him because he showed me how to pick up the girls i was so afraid of.

Phat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Art of Seduction teaches every seduction technique you will ever need. In order to understand the book you have to be an advanced reader.

Crissco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just finished the audio book of the art of seduction. Great tape, puts alot of things into perspective from the book thats hard to grasp.

On the 48 laws of power audiobook now. Will keep everyone updated.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I am in the process of rereading this book. I will drop notes and thoughts as I see fit and use them as reference points in the future:

Preface
Seduction is about seeing the world as your bedroom. This is not a skill that you turn off and on as a situation presents itself. Every day and every opportunity is a chance to get better and to take the resulting confidence into the next interaction as well. With each opportunity you fail to act upon you are sealing your inability to seduce. Think of it liking playing an RPG... if you always run away from fighting the little battles vs the regular opponents, you will never gain the experience to tackle the boss at the end of the level. You have to see each opportunity as a brick in your palace.

Green says each person is a castle that you are laying siege against. I do not believe that the author is suggesting giving each relation an adversarial tone, but rather a puzzle that you are working towards. I think a better analogy is that each person you attempt to seduce is an unfinished puzzle. Once you penetrate their mind and understand how/why they act as they do, then you can tackle the physical.

Another key point of seduction is to direct your gaze outwardly. When you meet someone, your first move is to get inside that person's head because:
1. Self absorption is extremely anti-seductive: How can you focus on the other and what they want when you are focused on your own goals? This shows the person that you only have your personal interests at heart and this is a turn off. If you are selfish then a) you probably aren't a good fvck so she won't want a ONS and b) You won't be someone people want to be around for extended periods of time so you are lousy in a LTR as well
2. You cannot doubt self if self does not factor into the equation. It is hard to think whether your breath stinks or whether your tonality is right when you are intently listening to what she is saying to find a way to understand her better

Seducers take pleasure in performing and are not bound by identity or the need to be natural. The key point to remember here is that they are referring to seducers and not those seeking monogamy. Here at SoSuave, there is a definite bias towards eventually finding a LTR. If that is what you are searching for, then it would be to your best advantage to try to embody your real personality as real as possible because a relationship is doomed to fail if you have to keep a facade up for any extended period of time. That is why seducers are able to do it. They are not looking for love, they are chasing lust.

The seducer's role is to provide people what they want so that the seducer can get what he wants. The idea of identity is a self-limiting belief that will do no good in your interaction with an individual. It is not that the seducer is immoral or out to destroy females. Instead, they are amoral. They are above the idea of good/bad because they understand that the black and white representation that the public has is too rigid and frustrating.

There is fun to be had in what society perceives as wrong. Seduction is a form of deception but people want to be deceived and/or led astray. People want to be seduced. They want to live the dream life for a few days before a rude awakening instead of dreaming about living for the rest of their lives. People have to wake up eventually but until they do, give them the time of their life.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Siren

No real interest in this chapter but I analyzed as much as I could.

A person grows bored with someone, no matter how cute because humans yearn for adventure and different pleasures. All a person needs to do to turn this around is create the illusion that they offer variety and adventure. Modern day examples of this is to be extremely active through social networking. Not in the "If you don't like homework, 'like' this status" sense, but rather in a montage of the moments in your life that are worth memorizing.

Being a siren is about being interesting. Irrational. Incomprehensible. The kind of person that always has you on edge because you never know what to expect. Bipolar in nature. The only male prototype that comes to mind with that description is a drunk who beats his kids/wife but this is predominantly female type anyways.

The irrational can prove immensely seductive. I believe that the appeal of the Siren is extremely hard to combat for those who are very reliant on logic precisely because they are so illogical. They have a Sphinx-like quality as a riddle that leads to the destruction of many men.

One thing I found interesting was that there was a lot of practice and planning to put into the illusion of being a Siren. For example, Cleopatra put much time into planning parties and plays and displays of decadence for her popular lovers.

Also Marilyn Monroe might have exuded sexuality everywhere she went, but she physically practiced her walk, spent hours putting on make up, and had to coach her voice to sound sultry. A lot of people assume you are born with the skills of seduction but the biggest sex symbol of the 20th century had to work on it extensively so you are not any less of a man by having to hone your craft with some deliberate practice either.

Keys to the Character:
Voice: Unless you sound like Will Arnett, the best way to do this would be to speak slower and with more emphasis. Presidential speech are a good example of this
Body/Adornment: Dress the part. Stand out from the crowd: make sure your figure is one that deserves compliments and wear clothes that compliment it.
Movement/Demeanor: Move like a man with a purpose but not a man with a problem. More Clint Eastwood and less crack-cocaine fidgety.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Rake

Part of the allure of the rake is their unwavering pursuit of the object of their affection. It is hard to imagine that someone has a motive outside of love and worship when they undertake all obstacles in pursuit of a target. Your persistence and dedication is a seduction in itself because it strokes the ego of the target and potentially reaffirms her confidence. It tells her, "There must be something special about me that he sees that no one else does because no one has ever pursued me like this before"

The key is to show no reservations, abandon all restraints and let yourself go. The seduction/chase of a rake turns a woman on in itself. They know they want to be more than a statistic but a part of them says just to give in to the urges that are overwhelming them. If a man has had thousands of women previously then he must be skilled, he must be special, he must have conquered stunning women, yet he is chasing her. Perhaps she believes she will be the one who will finally capture him or that she just wants to enjoy the seduction while it lasts? Either way, women often succumb to the Rake

The key to the Rake is to bring passion in relationship and situations where it is unrequited. Is her marriage stale? Is her boyfriend cheating? Perhaps just lonely and single? The Rake is never concerned about resistance because it simply goads him to try even harder which makes his love (which is actually lust) all the more apparent for the target.

The Rake never worries about going too far or coming off as desperate. The point of the Rake is to go further than the average man is willing to go. Once that happens, the Rake fills a void that the female longs for in her lover or her life in general.

Dangers
Watch out for insignificant others of the females you seduce. Also, look out for AFC in general who are upset with your seeming immoral way of life. When parties do talk negatively about you, embrace it gracefully.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Ideal Lover

While the Rake's unrelenting love is what makes many women swoon, it is the Ideal Lover's ability to always know exactly what the target wants in life and in a lover. While the Rake acts, the Ideal Lover reacts. The Rake shows the target that he needs her in his life while the Ideal Lover reflects what the target (@ times subconsciously) wants in her life.

The Ideal Lover is the most interesting and applicable technique I have read thus far. He is a jack of all trades: the type that can date multiple women and they would all potentially have vastly different descriptions of him. I think that the skills required for being an ideal lover is an ability to analyze the target and go into your mental database to figure out what tactics would be ideal.

To put it into modern day seduction terminology, an Ideal Lover is someone who can cold read, someone who can mirror a female and pace her reality. Paying attention to detail here is paramount. While most males only look at females and only see whether they are cute or not, the Ideal Lover also looks for specifics that can aid in seduction. If you see a female on the train in some sweatpants and her hair pulled back into a ponytail, you might think one thing, but if she has a $300+ designer bag, her nails newly pressed and a designer watch on, the impression will be different and you can gauge an idea of what topics will cause an positive/negative reaction. The cues that most overlook are what ideal lovers capitalize on.

Having the ability to actualize someone's dreams is extremely seductive. This is a big reason why many unattractive celebrities are sex symbols. It is not the money that is seductive but what being with the person who has money represents: a better life, your own business, etc. Rick Ross might not look sexy at $24,000 a year, but as a rapper with millions and the power to make a poor city girl's dreams come true, it is extremely seductive. Having the ability to make someone's dreams come true does not require money 99% of the time but rather an imaginiation and consistently reaffirming what they believes deep down inside but have yet to put into action.

Let's say you know a girl that works with you at some random store... 7/11 or TGIF or whatever. She hates her job like most people and sometimes to pass the time she pulls a Style magazine out of her couture handbag. Then when you sit down and think about it, she often blows her paycheck on shopping and that time you saw her at the mall a few weekends ago, she had a unique outfit on that really made her stand out. Clearly she has an interest in fashion. From here you don't ask her if she is a model because she looks beautiful or something corny like that. Instead you might ask her if she has ever thought about opening a fashion boutique for a living and if so what kind of clothes would she sell? Get her to visualize the new clothes smell as she takes designer clothing out of the bag and places it on the rack.

I am not insinuating to talk about couture fashion every time you cross paths. She might get the wrong impression and try to hook you up with one of her gay fashion friends or something. Instead, think of other topics that the average fashionista might enjoy based on personal experience and general stereotypes: metropolitan cities, European culture, dieting, Tyra Banks show (lol), and create new topics of discussions from them as well: Has she ever considered living in Paris, can she be your personal stylist for a day while you pick out some clothes, what would she talk about if she had her own talk show, etc. Take her on an adventure of all the possibilities in her head and reaffirm her ability to reach them consistently through mental simulation and repetition.

The point is, being the Ideal Lover is about paying attention to detail and using prior knowledge of a type to create inferences about the type of woman you are dealing with.

Robert Greene states that, “Nothing is more seductive than patient attentiveness.” I understand that it is important not to rush the seduction process but I am having trouble coming to grips with this personally. In today's world were netbooks start up time rivals a cellphones start up time, it is becoming harder and harder to stay patient. Perhaps this will be a good thing for seasoned seducers. There definitely has to be value conveyed or else remaining patient will also include watching the female fall for other guys repeatedly before she ends up with you

Dangers
The danger of the ideal lover is that they cannot remain ideal forever. There will come a time when your lies trip you up or you get caught in a compromising position. The author says the best remedy for this situation is to create space between you and the target for the time being so that the pain and confusion of the conflicting characteristics is given a chance to subside and the previous notion overpowers the most recent impression.