Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is deleting my ex from my Facebook a childish behavior?

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I deleted my ex from my facebook profile and would like to know if that's a childish behavior. Her previous ex deleted her from his FB profile and she told me it was a childish behavior. I have no doubt she will be thinking the same way after I deleted her. So I want to know if this is a childish behavior.

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
worrying about what your ex thinks about you is childish behavior...

Deleting her from your FB just means you re moving on, and you don't want to see updates of her social life on a daily basis

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nah its not childish. Take it one step further and block her so she cant even visit your page.

You two broke up, theres no reason either one of you needs to know what happens with the other.

so I agree with drak ool

Georgey

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea is childish.

i were u i wouldnt have deleted her from facebook (nor msn). this shows u dont have the time to delete her from ur facebook, ure moving on with ur fife, u have more stuff to do and she will see YOUR updates on ur great life without her, which is guna make her want u back again (and u'll refuse).
anyway, go meet other woman and dont worry bout her or whatever she can think.
think of urself and of ur future. women r secondary to u. u have more primary things to take care of and loads of women to meet on the way.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drak_ool said:
worrying about what your ex thinks about you is childish behavior...

Deleting her from your FB just means you re moving on, and you don't want to see updates of her social life on a daily basis
I agree.

I deleted my ex because I also broke off all contact with her and keeping her on facebook sort of defeats the purpose of that, otherwise I will be getting updates on her life and pictures of her with guys she is going to be fvcking.

Georgey

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I agree.

I deleted my ex because I also broke off all contact with her and keeping her on facebook sort of defeats the purpose of that, otherwise I will be getting updates on her life and pictures of her with guys she is going to be fvcking.
u shouldnt really care!

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Georgey said:
yea is childish.

i were u i wouldnt have deleted her from facebook (nor msn). this shows u dont have the time to delete her from ur facebook, ure moving on with ur fife, u have more stuff to do and she will see YOUR updates on ur great life without her, which is guna make her want u back again (and u'll refuse).

yeah but why are you caring if she sees your updates and what a great life you have?

"It shows her your too busy to delete her from your facebook"?? Common now, lets use common sense, no one is that busy. You keeping her on facebook wont make her think, "wow he wishes he could delete me but hes much too busy with life."

Its not being "childish" Its completely removing the cancer from your life. If you dont cut it completely out it has a chance of regrowing and coming back.

Your confusing two different types of ex's...
One type you dont delete becasue you would like to fvck in the future, give it another shot, ect...

The other kind, the kind that the OP is dealing with it sounds like, is the kind you delete her number, her facebook, her myspace. Anything and everything becasue you dont want/need to see her anymore.

46and2aheadofme

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think its childish if you are doing it for the right reasons.

Deleting her off your facebook because you are moving on with your life and would prefer to not be reminded of her daily business = smart

Deleting her off facebook to invoke a response i.e. "This will show her!" = childish

I think you did it for the former and not the latter based on your post.

As to whether it bothers her or not, you shouldn't really be caring.

Georgey

Don Juan
Reaction score
you are absolutely right!

well, correct me if im wrong: i dont think it should be that BIG deal anyway. either u keep her on FB or u remove her is not important! the focus is on u and ur future, not on some news over FB.

if u think deleting her from FB is a MUST! then please tell me.

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Georgey said:
well, correct me if im wrong: i dont think it should be that BIG deal anyway. either u keep her on FB or u remove her is not important! the focus is on u and ur future, not on some news over FB.

if u think deleting her from FB is a MUST! then please tell me.
I agree, either way its not a big deal. Unless the girl is out for revenge its not a must to delete her. One ex stands out in my mind which made me take a strong stand at first about deleting/blocking. She was looking to even the score.

If shes chill and means no harm then its whatever

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think its normal to not want to see them or their updates every time you log in to your account. who wants to see pics of who she's doing now on there?

blah!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
i think its normal to not want to see them or their updates every time you log in to your account. who wants to see pics of who she's doing now on there?

blah!
Did you know that you can hide people so you don't see their updates? In your homepage when you move the mouse over their update you will see the words Hide. Click hide then select hide xyz. You will no longer see any updates from them at all.

I think the most important factor that determines if you should remove her from your FB or not is how nasty the break up was. If you can't imagine ever having a conversation with them again, then delete them.

IMO the best thing is to just hide them and be sure to not look at their page.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
Did you know that you can hide people so you don't see their updates? In your homepage when you move the mouse over their update you will see the words Hide. Click hide then select hide xyz. You will no longer see any updates from them at all.

I think the most important factor that determines if you should remove her from your FB or not is how nasty the break up was. If you can't imagine ever having a conversation with them again, then delete them.

IMO the best thing is to just hide them and be sure to not look at their page.
Wish I had known this earlier. Well, damage is done.

Unbridled_Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No Contact is No Contact. You were right to delete her. She'd inevitably be rubbing other guys in your face, and you are a mystery to her now.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is that she lives like a block from me and I randomly run into her. Like today when I was going to the gym, I saw her walking her dog and she tried to talk to me but I simply said "hi" and kept walking. I was last at his house, after not talking to her for a week, and she told me it is hard for her to move on if she keep on seeing me. She even put me on "silent" when I called her. After I left her house, I deleted her number from my phone and never talked to her. Then she wrote something on her facebook page to the effect that she now thinks she is now "certain to be the dominant" in a relationship. She did not specify anything. Things like this I don't want to entertain. So I deleted her.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You "deleted" her in real life...why can't you delete her in cyberspace????

It's not childish! You are in control of your life and control of your page! What a whiny beyoch she is!

CoolBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Obviously the best scenario in such a situation is to move on with your life, remain in good terms with your ex and even be friends. Deleting her from facebook shows you can't handle the second part yet.

That's nothing to be ashamed of. If you have just broken up from a very close relationship, chances are you are not secure enough to handle seeing new pictures of her with other guys on facebook. You do what you have to do. Cut her out of your life, move on, start getting on your feet again. Once you rediscover your passion in life, appreciate your friends more and even find a new girl, you will be secure enough to face her without feeling bad or falling back into afcdom. Then you can add her back on facebook or even be her friend, if that is what you want. Chances are you will discover that she is not worth it. Personally I would like to remain on good terms, even though we won't be close knowing our differences.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
46and2aheadofme said:
I don't think its childish if you are doing it for the right reasons.

Deleting her off your facebook because you are moving on with your life and would prefer to not be reminded of her daily business = smart

Deleting her off facebook to invoke a response i.e. "This will show her!" = childish

I think you did it for the former and not the latter based on your post.

As to whether it bothers her or not, you shouldn't really be caring.
+1

It all depends entirely on context. If you guys broke up on good terms...well, breaking up can almost never be left on good terms...but in the context of break ups, if it looked like you guys could have still been friends, then there would have been no reason to delete her. If you never wanted to see her again because she was a b1tch to you, then it's justified.

Hughman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's trying to maintain power and have a source of ego rubbing when she knows her ex should be seeing her having fun with a new guy on her arm, whilst he's at home being a sniveling beta. Deleting her out your life removes that power.