Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Deleted my dating profiles, modified my FB.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About twice a week I get messages from okcupid, plentyoffish and match.com informing me of a new match or message. 90% of the time is some woman I wouldn't be caught dead with even in a Rob Ford drunken stupor.

It's annoying and I don't plan on putting in any work into online dating so it has to go.

As for FB. I manage two of my websites social media accounts. I decided to start using a social media management tool (hootsuite), to set up an automatic drip of posts and updates to my FB and twitter accounts. This way I only have to respond to people contacting me on my business pages and retweets.

I deleted or blocked all non-business people and non-family from my account. I kept a few friends who I actually use FB to talk to. I filled up my page with either important people I want to follow or services, information and news outlets that cater to my interests. Boom no more BS posts to worry about.

It feels better to have more control over my social media usage. If you can delete facebook, do it, for me it's part of a revenue stream so I won't abandon it, I'll moderate it.

From now on if chics ask if I have a facebook page the answer will be no.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found FB to actually be a very useful tool with regard to dating. When I add a new woman to FB, she will spend HOURS going through my funny pictures and witty status updates. In my social circles, people will actually DISCUSS my latest pictures or status updates.

FB is really what you make it. If you use it to play games or whine about life, then don't expect any dates out of it. If you use it as a portrayal of your fantastic personality, you'll get chicks climbing all over you once you switch your relationship status to "single"

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with Warrior.
There are very few broken men who spill their guts to the forums that don't use a woman's facebook usage as a major complaint.
I see Destinova's point, but in my experience, a facebook hoe is ... just a hoe.
The only social media I use is LinkedIn and that because of it's business benefits, but no others.

My biggest irk with facebook, is that it is not a product, you are the product. Sooooooo much information available to the public, corporations. My second biggest irk is that it encourages narcissism at such a grand scale.

Bubbleheads (that would be most women) believe they have endless options because of the online attention they get.

SH

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good for you Warrior. Facebook is an obvious lightning rod for criticism since it's the biggest social media site, and there have been plenty of debates here about it. As Des said it can be used to one's advantage. But the greater point here is that social media itself is a potentially enormous time suck. There's no need to join and sign into all these different sites unless you derive some real use from them. Consider which ones really benefit you as a user, because you are, after all, handing over your info to advertisers and corporations in exchange for the use you get.

I quit Facebook a few years ago and haven't looked back...I just didn't get much enjoyment out of it, plain and simple. I use LinkedIn for job searches and WordPress for blogging and I think that's it. To each his own though.

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. I've been asked "so what's your Facebook?" and when I say "I don't use Facebook" the stares of a dead-eyed, blank girl still makes my chuckle to this day.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I honestly think my game would suffer without my FB. I used it yesterday to put my plate's hamster through the spin cycle. I wrote the following on FB: "Sometimes I think I'm too picky, and then I remember that it's worth being picky in the long run." Now think of how that's going to affect someone you're dating. Then to make it worse, I get friends commenting on it as if I were talking about dating.

My date sends me a PM, asking "what are you picky about?" I let it sit with her for a couple of hours. Then I message her back with "The music I've been recording". Sure it's torture, but stuff like this gets women crazy about me.