Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Does homemade teeth whitening work?

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crest white strips work well, ive used them before with great results

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

what i do is hold the peroxide in my mouth for a couple minutes then dip my brush in some baking soda and brush with the peroxide still in mouth. Then rinse and brush with normal toothpaste to get rid of the other stuff and prevent myself from swallowing residual peroxide. Your gums may sting a bit whilst doing it , no dramas though.

I mean its not proffessional whitening but my teeth do become several shades whiter and all that for under $5

also, i do that daily as the peroxide also kills bacteria and makes my mouth feel cleaner for longer

Pie in the Sky

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rho said:
hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.

what i do is hold the peroxide in my mouth for a couple minutes then dip my brush in some baking soda and brush with the peroxide still in mouth. Then rinse and brush with normal toothpaste to get rid of the other stuff and prevent myself from swallowing residual peroxide. Your gums may sting a bit whilst doing it , no dramas though.

I mean its not proffessional whitening but my teeth do become several shades whiter and all that for under $5

also, i do that daily as the peroxide also kills bacteria and makes my mouth feel cleaner for longer

Yeah, this actually works extremely well. Your teeth will get crazy white doing this. I personally do it by dipping the toothbrush in hydrogen peroxide then sprinkling baking soda on top of it. It isn't the most pleasant tasting thing, but it does the trick nicely.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. I can confirm the peroxide trick. Things to keep in mind, use the 3% solution. If you get some crazy stuff like the 20% and the 40% used in salons you will burn yourself. The 3% is mild but be careful not to keep it in your mouth longer than a few minutes. The soft tissues in the mouth are very sensitive.

The baking soda used at the same time as the peroxide will bother the gums because its extremely abrasive, so be gentle.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use the strips. Not even the Crest strips but the generic brand which works just as good for about $20. I was very satisfied, I thought it worked just as well as the laser whitening I had some years back. Only difference is the laser whitening is instant vs a couple weeks for the strips, but at $300-400 for the laser I think the strips are a damn good value.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
none of that stuff really works well. you need to go your dentist, spend a little extra money and get them bleach. they will really be white. there is no comparison.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
none of that stuff really works well.
Except what you fail to realize is that your dentist uses a stronger form of peroxide... which is a bleaching agent. The only difference between the home and the dentist is that the dentist uses the crazy 60-80% stuff that can burn through your mouth. That's why he uses a rubber protective shield molded for your mouth so the peroxide gets on the teeth only while protecting the soft tissues. A laser is also used and speeds up the peroxide bleaching somehow.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had my teeth done many times and at most you will get is some sensative teeth. the heck with the laser. if you want whiter teeth you will get the bleech all the other is a waste of time. if you get your teeth bleech by your dentist and get a take home mouth trays you might get sensative teeth during that bleeching thats all.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
if you want whiter teeth you will get the bleech all the other is a waste of time.
It's called "bleach". And which bleach did you mean? There's hundreds including household bleaches to use on laundry.

You can do it at home using strips that contain carbamide peroxide. You can go to the dentist who uses strong hydrogen or carbamide peroxide and mouth guards to protect tissues, or you can use hydrogen peroxide in a safe 3% concentration as mouthwash.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no what you got to get is the bleaching trays that are actually custom fitted to your teeth and actually like snapped on. then get the nite white gel. go to dentist.net and you can see what I mean.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thedude4242 said:
no what you got to get is the bleaching trays that are actually custom fitted to your teeth and actually like snapped on. then get the nite white gel. go to dentist.net and you can see what I mean.
I can get peroxide mouth wash for $2/L. It's called hydrogen peroxide 3% solution and it also bleaches teeth.

No gels, no rubber protection. It whitens slowly over time.

thedude4242

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no I am just trying to tell people them cheap ways of whitening your teeth suck. you get what you pay for.