Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"A Man is Only as Faithful as His Options"

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you guys think this quote is true?

I hear a lot of guys proclaim how they would never cheat on their wives/girlfriends....yet I wonder how many of them actually have the opportunity to cheat on a consistent basis and "choose" not to? It's pretty easy to stay faithful when you're an average guy and get scant attention from the opposite sex.

I'm not trying to say that cheating on your girl is right or ok.....but how many guys would be singing the same tune if they had the opportunity to screw an attractive, available woman without the risk of complications or getting caught?

Discuss.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
True - and because women have way more options, this is why it's hard to maintain HB8+ women in relationships, even if a man is good looking himself.

I was at a bar with my HB8 date on NYE and we went to the restroom. As I came back out a beautiful girl walked by me and took a double-take. Then, after walking half-way across the room, she turned around and smiled at me. I called her over and we met half-way. She shook my hand and said "My name is (x), you are beautiful and I will be here Friday at 9PM".

I walked back to wait for my date and realized she had emerged before I did and witnessed the entire thing. She had steam coming out her ears.

She later said "Do you realize I could have any guy in the whole bar room if I wanted?". The sad fact is she could. Men can't compete with the number of potential mates women have, even on their best day.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I only would if my girlfriend was not giving me enough sex.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i believe this statement to be true. but i also believe its much more true concerning women. i think that women actually cheat more than men, due to the fact they do have so many more options. i have a friend who only bangs chicks that have bf's or married. he's been doing this for many years, and he's very successful at it. attraction is a very powerful tool to have. it will make women do things you didnt think were possible, regardless of their relationship status. my friend is the minority, he gets girls to cheat just because he has mad game. most girls cheat cause their relationships are now boring. their bf's hed enough game to get her, but you still have to have enough game to keep her.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
True - and because women have way more options, this is why it's hard to maintain HB8+ women in relationships, even if a man is good looking himself.

I was at a bar with my HB8 date on NYE and we went to the restroom. As I came back out a beautiful girl walked by me and took a double-take. Then, after walking half-way across the room, she turned around and smiled at me. I called her over and we met half-way. She shook my hand and said "My name is (x), you are beautiful and I will be here Friday at 9PM".

I walked back to wait for my date and realized she had emerged before I did and witnessed the entire thing. She had steam coming out her ears.

She later said "Do you realize I could have any guy in the whole bar room if I wanted?". The sad fact is she could. Men can't compete with the number of potential mates women have, even on their best day.
You're exactly right. It's too easy for a woman to stray if she chooses to do so....that's why its such a big deal when it happens because it generally indicates a failure of the relationship.

The majority of men have nowhere near this level of options, so it makes no sense when they tout their fidelity as some kind of virtue when its never really tested on a regular basis. I would be impressed if a famous celebrity or athlete stayed faithful, but true to my point, the majority of them cheat.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This quote is definitely not true, at least not in my case. I could see that it might be true for some guys.

I know for a fact I could cheat with any number of women if that's what I wanted to do. I'm with my girlfriend because I choose to be. Being a cheater is not part of my self image, and I would see it as a waste of time and energy, not to mention a potential source of drama. If it was that important to me to be screwing around, I wouldn't have a girlfriend.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
This quote is definitely not true, at least not in my case. I could see that it might be true for some guys.

I know for a fact I could cheat with any number of women if that's what I wanted to do. I'm with my girlfriend because I choose to be. Being a cheater is not part of my self image, and I would see it as a waste of time and energy, not to mention a potential source of drama. If it was that important to me to be screwing around, I wouldn't have a girlfriend.
^This ad infinitum

I have dated foxy chicks and have had even foxier gals try and kick game to me, but my desire for my partner overrides any possible lust. I wont make myself a hypocrite nor do something I wouldnt want my partner to do to me.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
I find that I can be faithful because when I fall for a girl she supersedes any girl I could meet. That said, if a 10 threw herself at me I can't say I would be faithful. We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well there certainly is some truth to that statement although it can't be applied universally. Of course, a guy who can't attract many women is less likely to cheat than a guy who can easily land lots of different women.

Tiger Woods was rich and famous enough that he could easily get it on with lots of beautiful women. Sure he had a very hot wife, but he also faced the temptation of many beautiful women that he could easily have. Evidently, he could not resist those temptations.

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I find that I can be faithful because when I fall for a girl she supersedes any girl I could meet. That said, if a 10 threw herself at me I can't say I would be faithful. We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.
I feel the same way towards my girlfriend. I love her and wouldn't waste time trying to go out of my way to cheat....If I have to go through the same courting process again; find an interested girl, spend time, dates, money on her, then it would be too much effort and too much risk to make it worth it. Most guys go this route and usually end up getting caught because its hard to maintain two separate relationships, let alone one, without getting busted..

But faced with an easy lay from an attractive woman with little risk of getting caught, I can't say I would refuse. Here, only a select few men have this kind of scenario happening on a consistent basis. I'm sure many of them refused to stray the first few times....but I doubt they managed to stay this way for long.

Last edited:

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Because women have more options they are more likely to stray, which is why men have to trade down to achieve balance in a relationship.

Women often confuse the best guy who will use them for sex with the best guy they can have in a relationship. Some will then make their bf feel inadequate by reminding him of the guys she could be sleeping with.

thevilittletroll

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
one thing to also keep in mind fellas, if your gf knows you have mad skills in picking up women, and she should, thats one of the attraction switches is being pre-selected by other beautiful women, your gf is less likely to cheat. even if your gf is a hard 10. you still need to keep the dynamic of being the alpha male, and that your social value is higher than hers. as long as you can do this your gf will remain madly attracted to you, and she wont cheat.

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true to a point, but ultimately the question is why do men stay in relationships that they have no intention of remaining faithful.

Using the I was drunk or the one thing lead to another excuses don't fly for men becuase they're excuses women use.

Men are supposed to be in control.

Now if a guy has no problem philandering and willingly does it then that is a different story.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:

I'm a douche and I know it. My response would have been. So. I could have her. Or if I liked her my smile would have said that. Anyway how did the rest of your date turn out? Because while she could have any guy in there, she wanted you. Did it up or lower her attraction?

sstype

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_411 said:
It's true to a point, but ultimately the question is why do men stay in relationships that they have no intention of remaining faithful.

Men are supposed to be in control.
Is a man truly defined by his ability to be "in control" when it comes to fidelity?

What about the top 10% wealthy men, athletes, celebrites who are nortorious for cheating?

Is the faithful average-looking, average income office worker more of a "man" and they (the top 10%) less of one?

As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats" It's hard to shut off either our longing for love or longing for lust. For me, singlehood can be lonely and depressing....but at the same time being in a commitment monogamous relationship makes me feel "trapped"

I guess I just want it both ways.....if that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.

Last edited:

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sstype said:
Is a man truly defined by his ability to be "in control" when it comes to fidelity?

What about the top 10% wealthy men, athletes, celebrites who are nortorious for cheating?

Is the faithful average-looking, average income office worker more of a "man" and they (the top 10%) less of one?

As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats" It's hard to shut off either our longing for love or longing for lust. For me, singlehood can be lonely and depressing....but at the same time being in a commitment monogamous relationship makes me feel "trapped"

I guess I just want it both ways.....if that makes me a hypocrite then so be it.
It makes you a fence sitter. If you want many women then go after many women if you want a relationship then have a relationship.

Being indecisive is a femine trait.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
We probably all have a breaking point that is rarely challenged in men.
I agree we probably all have a breaking point (women too, for that matter).
In the right circumstance, with the right girl, the right amount of temptation, probably almost anyone would cheat. The circumstances probably vary widely from person to person.

But I think that's a far different thing than saying "A man is only as faithful as his options". To me, that implies that a man is only faithful if he has no other options. That I disagree with.

sstype said:
As to why men get into relationships they have no intention of staying faithful in....I think the main reason stems from conflicting desires. We all want that good girl that will take care of us, keep us company, support us, and give us children..and when that opportunity shows up...its hard to turn a good thing like that down.....at the same time we desire to "sow our wild oats"
Yes, this guy gets it, I've been saying this since I've been here. Guys have conflicting desires (most of us anyway). We want to spread our seed but we also want to pair bond (for the survival of children).
Usually guys on this forum will only admit that the "spread our seed" part is natural.

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ooooh he is calling you a girl nigga!!!!