Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is a girl calling you sweetie and hun a good or bad thing?

BlahUgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is a girl calling you sweetie and hun a good or bad thing? Keep in mind this is over the phone and I'm 18 while she's 21. (She knows)

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no its a good thing, it shows comfortness

skip2mylou781

Banned
Reaction score
ur not seriously asking this right? she's calling u a pet name and you think it might actually be a bad thing??

CMON

DJinTraining06

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends on the girl. Ive been called hun and sweetie by girls who wanted nothin to do with me. Some girls just have a habit of doin that

dot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah dont even worry about it some girls just call everyone that

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol this should be in the bible straight up

BlahUgh

Don Juan
Reaction score
skip2mylou781 said:
ur not seriously asking this right? she's calling u a pet name and you think it might actually be a bad thing??

CMON
Yea well sweetie kinda seems wierd to me especially cuz shes older than me. Whatever I guess its just a kinda ambiguous word to me a lil like how "cute" is to some other guys.

Cod3r

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not as non-chalant as some people would have you believe. 'Sweetie' is one of those terms a female calls you when you're pretty far off from fvcking her. You're just harmless, most people will disagree but i've never had a girl I was close to fvcking or fvcked call me 'sweetie'

When you have power you use those types of terms. I know with girls that I know like me or that are obsessed with me, i'll call them 'sweetheart' and 'hun' and little pet names, they are 100% in my control and I use the terms to emasculate them, females do the same thing.

Start to take some control back and watch the 'sweeties' get less and less

-Cod3r

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cod3r said:
It's not as non-chalant as some people would have you believe. 'Sweetie' is one of those terms a female calls you when you're pretty far off from fvcking her. You're just harmless, most people will disagree but i've never had a girl I was close to fvcking or fvcked call me 'sweetie'

When you have power you use those types of terms. I know with girls that I know like me or that are obsessed with me, i'll call them 'sweetheart' and 'hun' and little pet names, they are 100% in my control and I use the terms to emasculate them, females do the same thing.

Start to take some control back and watch the 'sweeties' get less and less

-Cod3r
I agree/do similar. Bust her balls more.

Nick Nijt

Reaction score
sweetie, hun, hon etc...

Depends on the situation. It could be a sign of familiarity or attraction. Unfortunately the expression runs the full spectrum. You have to take other facts and factors into account. It sounds like it is an often used expression for this girl. As women gets older the word could be replaced with 'dear'. It also can be a cultural thing as well, where most people use the term. Apparently this is a common term in the Baltimore area for example. I don't know if it is still true but in England people would often address each other with the word 'love'. I think it is just common for people to use an expression that conveys gentility. So I think more often it is people just trying to be nice. Lately I have had someone calling me sweetie and hon(her spelling). She knows my name(at least I am rather certain she does) but insists in calling me first sweetie a few times and now hon. So I am wondering if hon is a demotion or the same thing. Probably I am in the same situation where she just like to use the expression rather liberally.

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Honey" is too uni-sexual if you aren't already smashing her. Thats like when she is talking to her girlfriends and she lets out a "Gurrrrrrrl..." somewhere in the conversation. It can also be a pretext to her saying something really condescending like, "Honey, you need to take a bath" or something like that.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
AFAIC you need to watch and judge by ACTIONS. Not words. Judge nismo's ruling.

Case closed. Simple.

HalfPUAHalfAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If she's replacing your name with Hun or Sweetie in normal conversation, I'd say odd are 70/30 its a bad thing. She's placing you below her and toying with you like it is fun. She doesn't take you seriously, nor is she worried about you walking away.

I had a bartender I was flirting with years ago start to call me "Buddy" everytime I came into the bar (I had made a really terrible move to get her out on a date and it came off totally AFC and she wanted to position me as harmless and emasculated).

I politely told her my name and that she should call me that.

I at least held ground, got some respect back, and now when I see her out she's friendly and not standoffish. Of course, I never got a chance to get with her, but I recognized her calling me "Buddy", even if friendly in a bartender sort of way, was not good and I reframed it immediately.

I would recommend you do the same.

"Hey, call me [your name], or from now on you'll be known as "Toots", "Sugar t!ts" or "that Broad"

Say it sort of ****y/funny, with a smirk and not accusatory. She'll respect that and get the message.