Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Krueg's Strength & Size Journal

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long time follower of SS and decided not only do I want to improve myself with women but also go after a dream of mine to get big and strong. I wanted to create an online journal to share my experience and interact with others about weight training.

So here is a little about me: Im 23 years old, 6'0ft around 175lbs. I've always been tall and skinny. I have a couple of bad habits, I'm a pack a day smoker and occasionally drink beer.

I have done some training while I was in my teens but just lost focus and didnt stick with it. I began my training about 4 and a half months ago startining with a fullbody routine, 3 times a week for three months. This last month I was sick for awhile and didnt work out as much. But I was also experimenting with what new program will work best for me.

Another thing I should mention is, all the workouts I've been doing are here at home. I'm very limited to what I can do. All I have is a E-Z Curl Bar with a total of 75lbs and two seperate dumbbells. One weighs 20lbs and the other, 10lbs. I do plan on joing a gym soon. I actually sent a membership inquiry today via e-mail to a gym that is close to my house and my job.

Non-Flexed Measurements: (02/27/2012)

Neck: 15 1/2in.
Chest: 34 3/4in.
Biceps: 11 1/2in.
Forearm:10 1/2in.
Wrists: 7 1/2in.
Waist: 30 1/2in.
Thighs: 20in
Calves: 13 1/4

Current Training Program:

Workout #1 Monday/Thursday

-Chest
-Back
-Thighs
-Calves

Workout #2 Tuesday/Friday

-Shoulders
-Lower Back
-Upper Arms
-Forearms

Mainly 4 sets of 6-8 reps unless specified. Training 4 days a week and working each muscle group 2 times a week.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wasnt too motivated to workout today so I called friend up to see if he wanted to train with me. He recently got a cheap bench press station that came with 100lbs. He agreed but he isnt as serious as I am right now.

I know my numbers are low but, I'm just doing what I can till I'm in a Gym to make real progress.

Tuesday, March 6th. 2012

SHOULDERS
-Barbell Clean & Press: 4X8 - 60lbs (+10lbs)
-UpRight Rows: 3X8,6,4 - 50,60,70lbs

LOWER BACK
none

BICEPS
-Barbell Curls 4X8 - 45lbs

TRICEPS
-Close Grip Press: 4X8 - 40lbs (Easier)

FOREARMS
none

ABDOMINALS
none

Didnt train as much as I would of liked today but it didnt go as well working out with a friend.. But felt good none the less. Had protein shake afterwards.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure how many calories I am consuming each day. I should probably start writing down what I eat and how many carbs, protein, fats and so on since I am wanting to get serious about this. I'm also sure my smoking habit is interfering with my muscle growth and really need to try and quit ASAP.

Here is what my diet looked like yesterday.

Breakfest:
-2 Eggs (scambled)
-1 Bananna
-1 Slice of blue berry toast w/ butter
-1 Bowl of Corn Flakes
-1 Glass of milk and a small glass of orange juice

Lunch:
-1 Boneless/skinless chicken breast
-Small salad
-Pork & Beans
-Diet Mt. Dew

Workout 3:00pm / Protein shake

Dinner:
-Cod fillet (frozen)
-Breaded shrimp w/ ****tail sauce
-1 Baked potato
-Left over spaghetti
-Glass of milk (2%)

Protein shake before bed

Might not be the most "strict" diet but, I try to eat generally good for the most part. My goal this month is to gain atleast a half inch of muscle all around.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EvilAgenda, Thanks for your support. Funny you should metion BB.com I actually made an acct. there last week. But I also wanted to join here for other personal reasons. I'll post the link in my sig.

@Espi, To be honest. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been an idol of mine since childhood. I cant help but want his physique. Though it might take two or three years before I even start looking like that, its what my goal & dream is.

Thursday March 8th. 2012 (4:45pm)

Decided to start with calves today. When it comes to calves, abs and forearms I'm usually not motivated or care to do them.

CALVES
-Standing Calf Raises: 5X15 - 50lbs
NOTE - I stack a couple books to stand on.

CHEST
-Push-Ups: 4X10
-Incline Push-Ups: 4X6
NOTE- Again I'm limited, I have no access to a bench.

BACK
-Bent Over Rows: 4X8 50lbs
-Deadlifts: 4X6 - 75lbs
NOTE - Last time I had access to an Olympic Bar I deadlifted 135lbs 10 times. So I know as soon as I join a gym my progress should skyrocket

THIGHS
-Squats: 4X8 - 60lbs
NOTE - I have to clean the weight up and over head since I dont have a power rack. I rember as a teenage I could squat 100+ pounds but 60lbs makes my quadriceps burn.

ABDOMINALS
none

Had protein shake right after.

For Dinner I'll be cooking;
1/2lb of salmon
1 baked potato
Carrots
Green Beans
Whole grain bread with butter.
1 Apple

and either a small meal later or another protein shake

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday March 9th. 2012 (4:00pm)

Shoulders
-Standing Millitary Press: 5X8,6,4,3,2 - 60lbs
-Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raises: 4X8 - 10lbs
-UpRight Rows: 4X6 - 60lbs
NOTE - Going to try 20lb dumbbell next week for lateral raises. 4X6 range

Lower Back
-Straight Leg Deadlift: Forgot to do..

Biceps
-Barbell Curls: 4X6 - 45lbs
-Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4X6 - 20lb dumbbell

Triceps
-Close-Grip Press: 4X8 - 50lbs (+10lbs)
-Standing Tricep Extensions: 4X8 - 20lb dumbbell

Forearms
-Barbell Wrist Curls: 4X6 - 45lbs
-Reverse Arm Curls: none

Abdominals
-Crunches: 2X25
-Reverse Crunches: 2X25
-Bicycles: 1X20

EvilAgenda

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi said:
Ha! Actually I'm 41 now--and didn't enter the game and fitness until my mid 30's! So you young studs are a helluva lot smarter than I was. I really admire and respect guys like you and Krueg who have made the decision to maximize the quality of your lives at a relatively young age.
Love your posts, some more than others, lol, and have tremendous respect for you too, brother.

Keep it up, Krueg. Haven't seen a squat from you yet.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry guys, I'm doing squats and deads.. just girly weight at the moment :whistle:

Had to work 12:15pm-6:15pm today. Set my alarm for 7:30 this morning to try and get my training in before work. But, after working til 9 at night yesterday I was tired and didnt want to get up.

Workout: 9:00pm-10:12pm

Calves
-Standing Calf Raises: 5X15 - 60lbs (+10lbs)

Chest
-Push-Ups: 4X8
-Incline Push-Ups: 4X8,8,6,6

Back
-Bent Over Barbell Rows: 4X8 - 45lbs (-5lbs to focus on form & technique)

Thighs
-Squats: 4X8 - 60lbs
-Lunges: 1X6 - 45lbs

Again, I got no gym so I have to clean the weight up and lift the bar over head to set the bar on my traps. Then, lift the weight up like, a behind the neck press when I'm done.

Abdominals
-Vacuums

I work a similar shift tomorrow - 1:30pm-7:30pm. I'll either try to do all my training before work or do a double day split - shoulders & upper arms in the morning and forearms and abs in the evening.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Espi, thanks for the tip. I think I'll stick with the 10lb dumbell for awhile. I been doing my lateral raises to the side, slightly bent over with an over hand grip. I may start doing them seated for a more strict movement.

I know, I need a gym, theres a couple I been looking into. One gym in my town offers a membership for only 20-30 bucks a month. But it seemed like more of a fitness center for all ages. Though I have heard good things about them. I guess I just want to join a gym that fits my budget and one that I feel suits me for my goals.

Shoulders & Arms today, will post new log later

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Planned on doing a double split yesterday but got a call from a girl I'm interested in. She asked me out for food and drinks. I told her not tonight and she tried to persuade me but held my ground. After that I was thinking; Man she really sounded excited to go out and then sounded sad... SO, I call her back bout a half hour later and ended up going out with her. Had a great time with her and plan on giving her a call sometime soon.

Anyways...

Tuesday March 13th 2012 (11:00am)

Shoulders
-Barbell Clean and Press: (Not to be confused with Push Presses) 4X8 - 55lbs
-Standing Lateral Raises: 4X8 - 10lb dumbell
-Heavy UpRight Rows: 3X,8,6,4 - 55,65,75lbs

Upper Arms
-Barbell Curls: 4X6 - 45lbs (Last set - 4 reps to failure)
-Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4X6 - 20lbs
-Close Grip Press: 4X8 - 50lbs
-Tricep Extensions: 4X8 - 20 dumbell

None for Lower Back, Forearms or Abs cause I ended up going on that date last night.. Other than that I had a good workout and good pump.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday was my Friday and pay day so, had plans and errands to do. Didnt have time for a full workout. Lack of motivation on my part.

Thursday March 15th 2012

Chest

Back
-Bent Over Rows: 4X8 - 45lbs

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't workout Friday, I've been a little sloppy this last week. Chest, Back, Thighs and Calves tomorrow.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't workout Friday, I've been a little sloppy this last week. Chest, Back, Thighs and Calves tomorrow.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday, March 20th. 2012

Chest

Back
-Bent Over Rows: 4X8 - 45lbs

Thighs
-Squats: 4X6 - 65lbs

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tuesday, March 20th 2012 (4:30pm)

Shoulders
-Clean and Press: 4X6 - 55lbs
-Lateral Raises: 4X8 - 10lbs
-Upright Rows: 3X8,6,4 - 55,65,75lbs

Lower Back
-Straight Leg Deadlifts: 3X8,6,4 - 65,75,75lbs

Upper Arms
-Barbell Curls: 4X6 - 45lbs
-Seated Dumbbell Curls: 4X6 - 20lbs
-Close Grip Press: 4X8 - 50lbs
-Standing Tricep Extensions w/ Barbell: 4X6 - 25lbs

Forearms
-Reverse Arm Curls: 4X8 - 25lbs
-Barbell Wrist Curls: 4X8 - 35lbs (Last set, 6 reps to failure.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt workout Thursday or Friday. Got a cold or something Wednesday night and felt like crap thursday. Feeling better today. Hope to be training again this monday.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like I have bronchitis (spelling?) Damn, cigarettes... When I was'nt feeling good and hacking up a storm; they did'nt taste good and I could hardly smoke one. I thought I should try to quit smoking now.. But I'd get that craving now and then. Now that I'm feeling better; Their tasting better and you start enjoying them more. There has to be a breaking point.. I want to do it now while I'm still young and not try quiting late in life. I can think of more - pros to quitting than cons. Yet the addiction and or other reasons are holdin me back.

Last edited:

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The week before I was somewhat sloppy. This week I didnt train at all, being sick and work schedule and other factors. I guess they say to take a week off once in awhile. Anyways, I've been thinking about really wanting to quit smoking. So, WHEN I do I was thinking about altering my training program to a 9 week Navy Seal Workout. But complete the P.S.T. requirements first.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn't make much of any gains this last month. Multiple factors could be a reason why..

Monday, April 2, 2012

Push-Ups: 34 - 2 minute Maximum.

Bent Over Rows: 4X8 - 45lbs

Deadlifts: 4X8 - 75lbs

Squats: None

Crunches: 64 - 2 Minute Maximum

GOALS
42 PushUps (Minimum) in 2 Minutes
-Long Term: 100

90-100 Crunches in 2 Minutes
-Work my way up from Crunches to SitUps

Start running
-1.5 Miles. Maximum Time: 11 minutes and 30 seconds

------------------------------

Felt good to workout again after missing a week. Going to continue my training program from last month may switch things up a little. Not sure what this month's plan is yet.