Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Men who don't like sports

AlNess

Banned
Reaction score
I was over at a friend's house the other evening, and in passing I mentioned the NY Giants as well as the MLB playoffs. His response was "Well you know me, I couldn't give a sh!t about sports." Great guy he is, as straight as 6 o'clock, but he doesn't seem to carry himself with much alpha attitude, and in fact, I've noticed he tends to discreetly speak somewhat condescendingly about alphas when alphas/alpha traits have come up in conversation. A couple of my wife's friends have even thought he's gay. :confused:

Remembering that just now, I googled "men who don't like sports" out of curiosity and came across this essay.

I know that people will be into whatever they like, and that nobody "has" to be into any particular things. Different strokes for different folks, right? But I still wonder how/why sports completely elude some guys. Any thoughts/theories? Could it just be as simple as some guys just never got into it, or do you think there's something else at work there?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't care for all sports. could give 2 ****s about the NFL or baseball, or the NBA. all i care about is college football and college basketball, and of course horse racing.

equating a guy not liking sports with being an AFC is about the stupidest thing i have ever read, but that's what i am coming to expect every time i come to this site anymore.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So a guy wearing a sport t-shirt with some other guys name on his back needs more credit than a guy who doesnt give a fvck about people who dont know him who play a sport for money without giving a fvck about which team pay them?

So a guy getting concerned and having his mood modified from those guys who dont even know he exist and play a sport for money is fine while a guy who doesnt is kinda gay?

Come on', we can bash guys who are passive or dont take responsibility but please watching sport to men is most likely to be gossip for women in many cases, no offence to anyone who simply like to watch sport for simple entarteinment.

I watch ufc and regional sambo challenges but I dont worship a caveman who beat other cavemen for money.

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
I knew two guys that didn't like sports. One was gay, the other was bisexual.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the topic, just saying what I've encountered.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't give a flying f*ck about sports. I have better sh*t to do with my time than watch sweaty men play with balls. I've played them, and I think they're fun to play, but not so much fun to watch.

I never understood why grown ass men invest so much emotional energy on "their" team. And how they get insulted and butthurt if "their" team lost some game, a game that no one will care about in a short amount of time. Who won the superbowl in 1995? Better question: who CARES who won the superbowl in 1995?

I personally see sports as an outlet for people who have weak realities, and decide to attach a part of their own ego to something that can "represent" them. I've seen grown ass men defend some sports star that they have never met before much more passionately than if someone insulted their own mother.

I'm big on things like motorsports, BMX, surfing, aviation (air races, record breaking, stunts), that kind of thing. I don't subscribe to any particular organization or athlete, but I do respect their abilities. I also respect a handful of sports stars for their philosophy on life.

But I don't believe there's any correlation between liking sports and "alphaness". I've seen TONS of meek "sports lovers". I'm also reminded of the gladiator games that were held in ancient Rome to distract the population from the REAL problems that were going on.

Just because someone does not show aggression on a cow pasture while chasing a weird shaped ball with a bunch of sweaty dudes does NOT mean that they are not "alpha". Ask any MMA fighter.

If anything, you'll notice alot of drone-like qualities in men who are obsessed with sports. I see very little ambition or drive to self-improve in that culture, or take risks. Here's a fun quote that I thought I'd throw in here, the directly ties into those with a weak reality watching those with a stronger one:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't give a flying 5hit about sports either. Ask me to name a hockey or football team other than the one in my city, and I'll draw a blank. I can never win a game of Trivial Pursuit because I can never get the damn orange pie piece.I have absolutely no interest in any of it. The most I'll do is go watch cars at the racetrack with someone, or watch some hot women play tennis. I've been to football and baseball games, and they bore the 5hit out of me.

Attending a sporting event costs money. Watching one on TV costs time. I have better things to do with those two resources.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The obsession with watching sports is primarily a way for unathletic, beta guys to live vicariously through alphas.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
evansblue said:
I knew two guys that didn't like sports. One was gay, the other was bisexual.

I don't have an opinion one way or the other about the topic, just saying what I've encountered.

I've encounted that as well. But I've also encountered guys who were artists who gave no fvcks on sports, guys who were more into politics than you could imagine who thought sports to be boring. Guys who were into video games and nerd sh1t who didn't care about sports. I live in the heart of the south, people fake it even if they don't give two sh1ts. I give props to those who really stand up proud and say, I don't watch football. In this state,that's like saying I don't believe in god or eating fried food. Blasphemy of the highest order.

I loved sports until I stopped playing. I just wasn't big enough or fast enough to play anymore. Kinda soured me on watching other guys do what I couldn't. I used to love playing football, I couldn't stand watching it. Especially watching my friends get college scholarships and girls and the whole nine yards while I became a reluctant nerd. No, I hated sports for a long time. Now I watch a bit of college football on game day, but I don't really keep up. I spend all of my free time reading about growing businesses and politics with some reddit and random websurfing for fun.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not all of us like wasting our masculine energy in front of a television.

I love playing sports but since 2003 couldn't give a tinkers **** about watching sports on television.

Case in point:

This coming weekend.

I am going out hiking in the bush. I invited three people to tag along. Two women and one man, both my age.

They all were initially eager to come.

Yesterday, the 'Real Man' backed out because there are a few good World Cup Rugby matches this weekend.

Now it's just me, a cute girl and her funny friend heading out to the bush for 3 days.

--

Do you understand why I couldn't give a **** about watching sports?

--

I love playing sports though, which I see as an entirely (see: antonymously) different thing than watching it.

element0

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with not liking sports, I question any man who doesn't enjoy and partake in something competitive though, sports are just a common way for the competitive side to come out.

Let's be honest, it isn't THAT time consuming. Most people only seriously follow one or two sports, and it isn't like you can't read a book with a baseball game on, or do some research with the hockey game in the background.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
element0 said:
Nothing wrong with not liking sports, I question any man who doesn't enjoy and partake in something competitive though, sports are just a common way for the competitive side to come out.
No it's not. You're not actually competing in anything. You're just watching other people compete. That's why it's beta to be so obsessed with it.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
The obsession with watching sports is primarily a way for unathletic, beta guys to live vicariously through alphas.

That's nonsense.

I've watched the NFL since I was a kid. I played football from a kid into my 20s until I broke my leg in a game that ended my career. I love football.

It has nothing to do with living my life vicariously through alphas. It's a passion for the game.

Cheers!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because it's boring. Nothing eludes me, I know how the game works, sometimes I'll even watch hockey if it's an important game and bound to be exciting and full of energy but most of the time it's simply dull and slow to me.

U

user43770

romangod said:
That's nonsense.

I've watched the NFL since I was a kid. I played football from a kid into my 20s until I broke my leg in a game that ended my career. I love football.

It has nothing to do with living my life vicariously through alphas. It's a passion for the game.

Cheers!

Right on. I played baseball for about 10 years. Almost a decade later and I still love the sport.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line, no someone is not (necessarily) a homosexual because they are not fully into watching sports as a priority in their life.

I'll watch sports if bored or nothing else to do or whatever.

As in my first reply, the example:

This weekend there are a couple big footie games on in World Cup. I'm driving out to a national park/rainforest with two girls to a natural swimming hole, and the guy I invited said "Sorry dude, big footie games that day can't make it."

To him, observing other people playing a sport from his living room is a higher priority than heading out for an adventure in the jungle with two pretty ladies.

To me, if there's a choice between sitting and reading a dull book or watching footie, in my spare time, I'll watch the big footie game. But if something better comes up, then I couldn't care less about it.

Comprende?

It's not that we 'don't like sports', it's that IMO there are many things in life more fun that I could do with my limited free time, than watch other people doing something fun.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
romangod said:
That's nonsense.

Cheers!
True but there are a lot more people who don't even play the damn sport and are super obsessed.

Not to mention I believe there was a study done where men lost testosterone if their favorite team lost and had an increase when their favorite team won. This is funny to me because they aren't even playing on the team but rather living through the team so much as other posters have said.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are many studies out there on this subject. They've all concluded that about 50% of men who are not interested in sports are either gay or have had at least one homosexual encounter, and the other 47% of men are curious and would be open to a homosexual encounter. Only 3% of the men who disliked sports said they wouldn't consider a homosexual encounter in the future. 98% of all respondents also said they had never had any type of sexual encounter with a female.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
r0cky said:
There are many studies out there on this subject. They've all concluded that about 50% of men who are not interested in sports are either gay or have had at least one homosexual encounter, and the other 47% of men are curious and would be open to a homosexual encounter. Only 3% of the men who disliked sports said they wouldn't consider a homosexual encounter in the future. 98% of all respondents also said they had never had any type of sexual encounter with a female.
Citation required or your argument is null.

And what did they consider to be "sports"? Would that include air racing (I haven't done it- yet), extreme sports (BMX, skateboarding, snowboarding), and motorsports, or is it just traditional playing with balls of various sizes?