Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fish Oil & Sex Drive

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the people that take 3,000mg or more daily of fish oil (or 3 capsules) and more, have you ever noticed your sex drive going down?

I purchased the 1,000mg capsules from Costco (400 capsules) which I started taking December of 2005 and finally finished it all 6 months later in May 2006. I noticed that my sex drive was way down cause during this time I was single. I didn't have the urge to get a release once or twice a week as usual, and if I did I'd do it once or twice a month. I also noticed that when I interacted with women, I didn't really feel a big urge to be the usual horny man as I usually was before. My dosage was about 5 capsules of fish oil every other day, which comes close to 3 capsules per day as recommended. Yes my skin looked slightly better, but I didn't overall feel much better so I'm skeptical whether fish oil does anything cause the only thing it was doing at the time was lowering my sex drive. The proof? When I finished up my fish oil just 2 weeks ago, I had no more and was going to see how my body reacted. I began noticing I was hornier and that I've had this sudden increase to be more sexual around her despite me dating her from the start of April when early in April I acted sort of neutered to her. I don't believe being involved with a new girl increased my hormonal raging, but I believed that fish oil was the culprit behind my decrease in sex drive.

During fish oil intake = I never had a sense to "release" if I did it was voluntary BUT I never get the "feeling" to do so. I didn't get my usual normal wood like before.

Since I have not taken fish oil in the past 2 weeks = I have an increase in desire to "release" almost back to my old self before fish oil which is about once or twice a week. I get wood constantly like normal.

My physical exercises were the same, My food diet was the same, The only thing that changed externally was 1. Sunny Weather 2. No more fish oil. I highly doubt weather played any serious part in lowering my sex drive. I do not take a bunch of supplement crap like other people or started or discontinued any medication, just multivitamin and lots of protein when I exercise. I've searched on the internet whether fish oil decreases sex drive and I haven't found any, so I'm just curious since some of you are more knowledgable about supplements. I'm also curious about flax oil and whether it would impair your sex drive as well. I'm beginning to be skeptical on whether these "Omega-3" oils do anything that's noticeable. I'm opening this up for discussion because sex drive is what makes us truly men!

I'm just wondering for anyone else who has used fish oil at recommended or higher dosage or is using fish oil noticed a difference in sex drive?

Nethel

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could actually be the weather. SAD (Seasonal affective disorder) is caused by a lack of sunlight, and it's symptoms include loss of libido.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Killer up there may have an interesting issue. What I've noticed since taking Ginkgoba is a HUGE jump in my sex drive and longevity. I've adjusted my intake to 4 tabs TID ( 3 X daily ).

Although I haven't had any noticable problems with the fish oil as he does, I can attest to the fact they taste like stir fried sh!t.

Try eating straight fish or get some Omega 3 caps instead.

22proto

Don Juan
Reaction score
KarmaSutra said:
Killer up there may have an interesting issue. What I've noticed since taking Ginkgoba is a HUGE jump in my sex drive and longevity. I've adjusted my intake to 4 tabs TID ( 3 X daily ).

Although I haven't had any noticable problems with the fish oil as he does, I can attest to the fact they taste like stir fried sh!t.

Try eating straight fish or get some Omega 3 caps instead.

same here, i've been taking ginkgo biloba 2 pills a day, and my sex drive is through the roof.
for a while i thought it was psychological, but it aint'
every day feels like i haven't blown a load for 3 wks

btw i definitely notice that i think a lot faster and clearer under the effects of ginkgo biloba

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've taken fish oil @ 6ish g's a day, and at 0.... i've been horny regardless, or not horny regardless. But man, 1 or 2 times a week??? Where is your sex drive period. I know that if I COULD, (i.e. no roommates and such) I'd be "releasing" every day at least... and if i do squats... that's prolly 2 - 3 times.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a thought, but some people advocate fish oil as an anti-depressant.

And anti-depressants, the unnatural chemical ones, are notorious for being sex-drive killers.

Is there a connection?

It's wierd, because depressed people usually have low sex-drives.

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
semag said:
But man, 1 or 2 times a week??? Where is your sex drive period. I know that if I COULD, (i.e. no roommates and such) I'd be "releasing" every day at least.
LMAO... Hilarious.
Same story. Was about to release oceanic volumes of my own fish oil, yesterday at the beach for memorial. Sh!t was ridiculous, a$$ everywhere.

1-2x a week... fock! I say you jump on the Ginko train, w. the other nutz in here. Bout to give it another go myself after this comment below...

every day feels like i haven't blown a load for 3 wks
lol, too funny.

I've been taking fish oil for awhile now, and not even a glimmer of decrease sex drive. Although I'm taking yohimbine as well. Which is known for its increase in libido. Might want to check it out... helps w. fat loss as well.

22proto

Don Juan
Reaction score
heads up for the ppl who wanna do ginkgo biloba, it takes 6 wks to build up in your blood stream, though i started feeling it after a month

be aware that you're definitely wacking it at least twice a day if u ain't getting none, i mean it's really hard to concentrate sometimes

Road Demon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Na if anything my sex drive has increased and I'm producing more seed, lol. I have found some other positive benefits such regrowth on hair on my head, no more bleeding gums when I floss, ability to suffer more in hard workouts, as an improved overall mood with less anger.

I think the problem is the product that you are using. And the dosing too. I would recommend 3 grams of high qualility fish oil capsules per day taken with fatty foods.

I cannot stress enough that fish oil be free of chemicals and heavy metal as bigger fish and certain species tend to bioacccumulate that crap. Either look for fish oil that is 3rd party purity tested or undergo molecular distillation to purify the fish oil. Listen, I love Costco, but fish oil is a pharmcologically active agent and I think you should not econimize with it. Stay away from the cheap fish oil!!! By your condoms @ Costco instead.

BTW: if it just plain fish oil, then it does NOT contain enough EPA/DHA to do very much, look for minimium of 300mg of combined EPA/DHA per 1000mg capsule. EPA/DHA are the most biologically active omega3s.

I recommend Spectrum Organic fish oil pills 1000 mg size from small oily fish OR some sort of fish oil that undergoes molecular distillation to make sure that is PCB, heavy metal, and toxin free. The crap you get at drug stores might not be third party tested to ensure that is contaminte free. Think PCB in the fat of the fish in the Hudson River in New York.

BTW: 250 capsules of 1000mg of spectrum organic runs 22 dollars. about 11 cents per capsule.

http://www.spectrumorganics.com/index.php?id=210