Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to say when she says "i miss you"?

kingkong98

Don Juan
Reaction score
when a girl tells you that she misses you what should you say? i dont really want to say i miss you too, not often anyway so i usually say "oh yeah? how much?" I think there still must be a better line than that though so does anyone have any suggestions?

SamMalone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If its an actual girlfriend, anything less than "I miss you too" will be a disaster most of the time.

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Ah sure you'll see me soon enough."
"Really? I thought you'd be glad to get rid of me."
"Awwwwwww... sucker *wha-pish sound*"
"I know... it's been like a whole 24 hours since you saw me. That's nearly a year!"
"Aww, I miss you too... wait who are you again?"
"Yeah, I might miss you too... just a teeny little bit... barely noticeable really..."

Nexus Polaris

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Work on your aim."

Then there's the Han Solo approach: "I know."

Or the Snoop Dogg approach: "......you don't miss me. You just miss my doggystyle." (when said in a Snoop tone of voice, this always gets a laugh)

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She, " I miss you.."

You, " Yeh, I get a lot of that ."

or,

" I can understand why."

or,

" Hmm, who could blame you."

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have issues with ****y and funny these days... i in fact have issues with ****y.... not so much any issues with funny... im just beginning to see anything ****y as fake.... maybe it's a product of being in a community that promotes "c+f" so much that even a guy who's never slept with a woman before can come up with good c+f lines.... and then... they all just begin to sound the same.... but ehh...

my response to something like this:

yeah? what do you miss about me?

why? well, it causes her to work a little more in expressing her feelings. it causes her to go into her memory of good feelings with you and dig up emotions from events... AKA: it causes her to invest further in our interaction. I'm covertly telling her, "prove it!" NOTE: the "yeah?" is super important here. It conveys a lack of interest if said right. you don't want to say it or "what do you miss about me" like you're excited... you want to say it like you don't really believe her.

she might say "how much you make me laugh, your smile, your body, i dunno... everything =)"

or she might give some lame response like "i just miss you"

you can then learn a lot about her intention with the original text. If she gives a good detailed response - there's a good chance she is deeply missing you and the things she mentions to you.

if on the other hand - she gives a lackluster response - there's a good chance she was just trying to get you to say it back to her because she's fishing for how you see her. IF A WOMAN WILL NOT PLAY BALL AND GO INTO DETAIL AFTER ISSUING AN EMOTIONAL STATEMENT SUCH AS "I MISS YOU" - THERE'S A BIG CHANCE SHE DIDN'T REALLY MEAN IT. THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE SHE WAS JUST BORED AND/OR LOOKING FOR VALIDATION.

In the case of her giving good details back and proving that she legitly does miss me - i'll REWARD her with some emotional connection... something like "yes, and the way i wrap my arm around your stomach and pull you in tight to me so that all we feel is each others flesh, and the way you stare into my eyes and i strare back, and there's a real energy there.... and then our lips touch..." and let that set in with her.... NOTE: it's completely safe to take this route, because you are not implying that you miss her... you're just adding to the things you think she misses about you =) she WILL NOT complain that you didn't say "i miss you too" - she will instead want to be with you even more!

now, if she gives a lackluster response - then i may bust her chops with some c+f. or i may just not respond at all.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use this to great effect:

"See that you do."

detroitnative

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just had a girl tell this to me last night who i hadn't seen in like 3 months...

I basically did what Merit said to do - I told her "why?" and she listed a bunch of things. I hadn't read this thread, i just was in a bad mood yesturday and didn't feel like doing the whole "i miss you" thing back and fourth.

I said, "we should hang out and catch up then sometimes"
and she said, "i'll think about it"

grrrr! i threw my phone across the room!!!

Fedor

Don Juan
Reaction score
detroitnative said:
I just had a girl tell this to me last night who i hadn't seen in like 3 months...

I basically did what Merit said to do - I told her "why?" and she listed a bunch of things. I hadn't read this thread, i just was in a bad mood yesturday and didn't feel like doing the whole "i miss you" thing back and fourth.

I said, "we should hang out and catch up then sometimes"
and she said, "i'll think about it"

grrrr! i threw my phone across the room!!!
Why? I don't see why she wouldn't want to if she misses you? The fact that she is missing you means that she wants to be around you?

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fedor said:
Why? I don't see why she wouldn't want to if she misses you? The fact that she is missing you means that she wants to be around you?

You have a lot to learn. First of all, what she SAYS doesnt mean jack shyt. She could just be bored, or testing to see his interest level. Or maybe she wants something from him (And I dont mean HIM.)

Second of all, women dont like to solve problems. They like to bytch about them. Meaning, if she misses someone, she would rather be sad and talk about it, than actually take the time to go see that person. My ex does this shyt all the time. (We're FB's after four years broken up, btw) She'll call me,a dn we'll make plans, and she'll flake. So I wont call her back. She calls me two to three WEEKS later to hang out. Then she'll tell me how much she's missed me, and how she's been fantasizing about me banging her for the last two weeks. Now, shy didnt she just call me then? Cuz she's a FEMALE, and she makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, and her words mean NOTHING.

Third of all, the word 'miss' can have all different levels. It doesnt mean she misses him enough to go SEE him. If she missed him and wanted to see him, she wouldn't have said "I'll think about it." (Translation: "No I wont see you, but I will be thinking about seeing you.) Providing that wasnt said in a joking manner that is. If she was serious, that means she doesnt really want to. Which raises the question: Why did she say she misses him? Draw your own conclusions.

But, throwing your phone across the room over that was a pretty chump move. You cant let women get to you like that, and if you ever SHOW them they get to you, you're DONE.

Women need us to be an emotional ROCK, which is a catch 22, cuz they complain about guys being insensitive, yet if we show any emotional weakness, her respect for us dies.

I cannot stress this enough. NEVER "REACT" to a woman. Take your own action, but dont let anything a woman does influence our behaviour, positively OR negatively, but especially negatively. At least hide it from her with your life. That is the most important DJ concept there is.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are over thinking this. Just say I miss you too like a normal person.

collalife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OR..... "Oh thats so cute... We will see each other soon... And you can show me how much you miss me.'

Or stick with your original line.

slaog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
You have a lot to learn. First of all, what she SAYS doesnt mean jack shyt. She could just be bored, or testing to see his interest level. Or maybe she wants something from him (And I dont mean HIM.)

Second of all, women dont like to solve problems. They like to bytch about them. Meaning, if she misses someone, she would rather be sad and talk about it, than actually take the time to go see that person. My ex does this shyt all the time. (We're FB's after four years broken up, btw) She'll call me,a dn we'll make plans, and she'll flake. So I wont call her back. She calls me two to three WEEKS later to hang out. Then she'll tell me how much she's missed me, and how she's been fantasizing about me banging her for the last two weeks. Now, shy didnt she just call me then? Cuz she's a FEMALE, and she makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER, and her words mean NOTHING.

Third of all, the word 'miss' can have all different levels. It doesnt mean she misses him enough to go SEE him. If she missed him and wanted to see him, she wouldn't have said "I'll think about it." (Translation: "No I wont see you, but I will be thinking about seeing you.) Providing that wasnt said in a joking manner that is. If she was serious, that means she doesnt really want to. Which raises the question: Why did she say she misses him? Draw your own conclusions.

But, throwing your phone across the room over that was a pretty chump move. You cant let women get to you like that, and if you ever SHOW them they get to you, you're DONE.

Women need us to be an emotional ROCK, which is a catch 22, cuz they complain about guys being insensitive, yet if we show any emotional weakness, her respect for us dies.

I cannot stress this enough. NEVER "REACT" to a woman. Take your own action, but dont let anything a woman does influence our behaviour, positively OR negatively, but especially negatively. At least hide it from her with your life. That is the most important DJ concept there is.

:up:

Its not what you say its how you react.

detroitnative

Don Juan
Reaction score
horaholic said:
I'm sorry, i was just using a figure of speech when i said i threw my phone across the room lol... i did not actually throw it (it's worth as much as one of my current unemployment checks)... i meant that to demonstrate the frustrating irony that men experience when dealing with women's words (only)...

we were texting for a bit after it and she mentioned that i was the only one that she thought she'd ever consider marrying... which, well - made me chuckle a bit because i NEVER considered marrying her and was unfaithful to her (we had serious issues near the end and both did bad things to each other in a vein attempt to win an immature "who cares less" contest).

but anyway, i try not to show emotion and even sometimes try so hard, it ends up really happening....

bitteorca

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

bringing an old thread back to life, due me going through this recently.

First time she said it: I said 'looking forward to seeing you again'

Second: 'I might possibly miss you a bit as well'

Third: 'Miss you too' (after she said she 'genuinely' misses me)

Still not sure whether I've done right, but certainly don't think I've played it wrong...suppose there's no right answers

I'll consider asking her why next time though after reading this thread, see what that does!

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Next time any girl tells you she "misses" you.

Tell her: "You know where to find me and you know what to do."

And leave it at that.

KingofHearts

Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope I'm not the only one that just ignores those kinds of texts. If anything I respond to those texts as a reward for her telling me how she feels.

her: "i miss you"
Me: "Hey keep your saturday open."

I know when my girlfriend misses me because she amps up the texts. From "i miss you". No response. Then the texts get sexual. No response. Then she starts sending dirty pictures...