Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do women LOVE tattoos?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The purpose of this Mature Man forums is for men “25 years old to discuss problems, situations, and techniques UNIQUE to older and more mature men” with notably a key emphasis on unique. The following subject is not a problem or situation but an inquisition into a dynamic which never goes away with age.

Why do women love tattoos?

If we take a glance at people who have tattoos, they are found to be massively more likely to smoke, be an alcoholic, do illicit drugs, be promiscuous, or essentially otherwise engage in high risk behaviors. Vices is the word. It stands to reason that people who engage in one high risk behavior are likely to engage in other high risks. People who say that tattoos signify only artistic self-expression are kidding themselves. I do a lot of people watching, and reading up on sociology, and I am still shocked by how much one little tattoo speaks volumes about someone. But, this thread is about women who love tattoos and not just the men who have them.

To wit, what prompts my inquiry is that I have several tattoos and recently endured a three-hour session for a huge chest piece (Click here for a picture). The tattoo artist, who was the only artist there, was about an hour late starting my appointment and so towards the end of my session, the parlor was rather full of people, such as a group of four young hot chicks. When I finally stood up, turned around, and showed everyone the work that had been just done to me—I swear, every young lady looked like they wanted to fvck me. I am a rather non-descript, skinny, rather friendly, innocent-looking guy—nothing stands out about me except for a shaved head and a GQ taste of fashion. I never get these “Let’s fvck like wild bunnies” looks from women except for, maybe, three times in my life. But when I go to the beach—beach time is almost here thankyouverymuch—and take off my shirt, well, things with the ladies always seem to naturally go smoother. The first time I went to the beach sporting some ink, some girl stalked me into the waves—LOL. About a week before this last tattoo, I went to some bars while sporting a tank top, the first time I ever did such a thing. With some tattoos showing on my arm, things with the ladies seemed to naturally go smoother. A lot smoother.

But why?

First, I reject the obvious explanation: women dig the art. People with tattoos are driven by deep reasons of the psyche beyond the simple “it’s art” and so it stands to be skeptical that women are attracted to tattoos for the superficial explanation of “it’s art.” I have some rather large, raunchy, obscene tattoos; tattoos done in the original spirit of tattoos; and whilst some are kosher, such as an intricate ying-yang, and whilst they are definitely cool designs, I hardly think “art” has much to do with matters.

Here are my educated guesses:

1) The Pain Hypothesis
We should all know by now the intrinsic link between sex and pain. Women love jerks; a suprising many women like rough sex; sex is an inherently violent act; many women were physically or sexually abused as a kid and hence they need pain for arousal. Everyone in our society hears how tattoos hurt rather immensely, depending on where and who the tattoo is done; tattoo parlors are not called the house of pain for nothing. The hypothesis is that women (most especially the ones with tattoos) recognize the pain factor and hence are turned on, for here is a man who can take it like a man.

2) The Freak Hypothesis
Tattoos are a sign of the inner freak. It is true that people with tattoos tend much more than the general population to be into exhibitionism, fetishes, and promiscuity. It is also true that people intentionally (and unintentionally) advertise who they are by what clothes they pick, what kind of car they drive, what types of music and movies they like, ecetera, and what they do to their bodies. Women know this. After all, they are the queens of reading into everything. The hypothesis is that women say to themselves “Hey, I bet that guy is pretty freaky in bed.” Research studies have indicated that behind closed doors, bizarre fantasies, fetishes, partialisms, and weird sexual behavior are commonplace in contemporary society. Everyone has weird sexual thoughts. Tattoos capitalize on advertising it to the masses of ladies.

3) The Confidence Hypothesis
This is self-evident. The hypothesis: Duh, women are drawn (pun intended) to confidence.

Those are the hypothesis’ which I have thus far considered. Arguably, a man with tattoos stands out from the crowd, “peacocks” with his skin, which may be true, but I reject that hypothesis as not answering the question. (If tattoos stand out from the crowd, why are tattoos attractive? Because tattoos stand out from the crowd?). As of this moment, I give the most weight to the Freak Hypothesis because that seems to mirror my thought process towards viewing the ladies with tattoos even back when I was a little kid and knew nothing of sociology and abnormal psychology.

Why do women love tattoos? :D

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4) Bad Boy Hypothesis
at least a streak of it in him and if he got those tatts not to be "cool", but for a good reason.

i've got several, non-visible. since i'm a professional, it's quite a shock sometimes when the shirt comes off. they'll ask what they mean. i say, "i'll tell you later" because it's none of her or anyone elses business until we're tight.

btw, how many classic "nice guys" have tatts? of the ones that do, how many got them to try to be cool?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For women getting tattoos, I don't really get it either. Perhaps it has a link to fashion. Women love shopping for clothes. They love filling their closets with stuff they'll only wear a few times before it gets passed on. I almost have to wonder if tattoos have that same sort of appeal.

My woman has three tattoos. She's only happy with one of them. That happens to her wardrobe as well.

I really don't get it. Tattoos on women aren't really all attractive. It takes away from the natural beauty of a woman's appearance and skin, and violates it like a vandalized mural.

As far as their attraction toward tattoos on guys, I can understand that. Back in the 70s, the only guys who had (choice) tattoos were the badasses. It was kinda like physically displaying your "dangerous" element on your body.

Now days, everyone's got a fvcking tattoo. It's not all that unique anymore to have one. The only thing that's unique is if you choose something unique, or draw something yourself. I have one small tattoo, and I have no clue if I'll ever get another one.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only have one myself, on the upper right arm. It's pretty large. I have noticed when it is displayed (heven't done that in awhile) it does become a conversation starter. Haven't gotten the "I wanna fukk you" eyes yet. Must be one or more of your plethora of other attributes, Deep Dish....lol.

I did notice that when I was GETTING the tat, the shop assistant was checking out my body, asking if I work out (I was hitting the weights hard back then) and commenting on my pecs. Don't know if it had anything to do with me getting a tat.

In my experience I have gotten a MOSTLY positive reaction from women when they see the tattoo. My last g/f didn't really care for it, but it didn't stop her from staying with me for 2 years. If you have mulitiple tattoos, I would imagine that it sends a slightly different message, so I probably wouldn't be able to accurately comment on what it's like to have tattoo(s).

Now that I am entering another chapter in my life financially, relationship wise, and personal development wise, I am considering getting another one.

My problem is that I'm such a perfectionist that it takes me FOREVER to decide what I want.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All of those hypotheses make sense. I’m sure for each woman the attraction of tattoos is some combination of those factors. Although a lot of women seem to be into tattoos, there are a lot of women who also aren’t into tattoos.

In my experience, a woman’s attraction to body art seems to correlate with her economic background. It seems the women from poorer backgrounds, who also tend to be the ones with more mental issues and childhood/abuse issues, dig tattoos more than women who are from more affluent backgrounds. They also aren’t as judgmental, whereas women from more conservative, affluent backgrounds may see tats as a sign that the guy doesn’t have any sort of professional career ambitions.

This is an interesting thread, there are a lot of variables here. There’s the people who have one or two tats, concealed from view, then there’s the people who are way into body art. I think the freak factor weighs most into women who find the one or two tattoos hot because it’s taboo, and everyone’s looking for someone who’s normal by day, but freaky behind closed doors.

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I vote for the added #4.

I don't have tats. The reason? Growing up, my parents didn't have tats and hated tats. In fact, my mom & dad forbid my sisters from dating anyone who had tattoos.

So now I've got a negative view towards tats. Honestly, I had money in my pocket and went into a tat shop with a buddy of mine. I had a printout of a design with me that I had searched for 2 weeks to find. But I still wasn't sold on it. While my buddy got his tattoo, I remembered the old men I knew who had tattoos and how horrible they looked, and I thought "um, i'll pass on that."

If I were to get tattooed, I'd want to go all out, full sleeves and then some. If you're going to do it, do it right! :D

I might settle for a piercing or two, since those will heal back up.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
I'm on my sixth one and each is a representative of a significant point in in my life. That's where I find the value of my ink.

It is true though when I'm not wearing a shirt the passing glances becomes lingering stares.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they are intriguing and we all know that women love intrigue. tatts on women? i don't care for them personally. most women that i know who have them regret it.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the "bad boy" thing, definitely. Has macho connotations.

I'm not into 'em myself. Either for myself or on gals, though a tattooo or three is hardly a "deal breaker." I do know some gals who have tattoos that are actually cute, and I get all the teasing mileage out of them that I can. :D

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got one as well on my right shoulder. I'd more or less agree with most of the reasoning, however I think tats are becoming more commonplace for exactly the reasons given. Everyday at the gym I see practically every guy there with some ink on him. Nowadays, if you don't have a sleeve like Tommy Lee, you're just another guy with a tat.

It's similar to owning a Harley now. It used to be that owning a hog was emblematic of the freespirited, James Dean, antiauthoritarian outlaw who smokes, drinks and womanizes his way through life. The truth of the matter is that it's doctors and lawyers and men in high-status, high-earning careers who are more likely to be able to afford a Harley now. In fact I know more attorneys and engineers with bikes than unemployed 'outlaw' alcoholics.

That's not to demystify the bad boy appeal, I'm sure it's still at least marginally valid, but it takes more than physical expressions to be able to live up to the inward attitude.

JC9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I have 3 tattoo's.

Only one is visible, but I get questions on it all the time.

I think why tattoo's intrigue women is simply because it raises the question 'Why' with them. It creates a small mystery that they want to solve.

I am always asked what my tattoo means. Girls always touch it as well, which starts off a little bit of friendly kino.

And since my tattoo's meaning are personal, I never tell anyone what they mean. This creates an even greater desire in the woman to solve the mystery.

At least that has been my experience. Might just be girls already interested using it as a way to start conversations though, I haven't had the visible one long enough for a real throrough analysis but that's my feeling so far.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not into them, but that's a personal preference.

The absolute WORST thing that's going to happen in about 10 years is all those women with the tats right above their a$$ will naturally get fat a$$es (as 90 percent of American women do) and the tat will get all deformed as their big a$$ crawls up their back. Oh, this is going to be lovely to see ... not.

I'm thinking about starting a tat removal chain -- no lie -- because I think it will be a boon as all these 20 somethings will look back in a few years and say, "What was I thinking?!" Most Americans can't see the future one day away let alone several years away and don't realize how ugly these tats will look when they're older.

* Another Simpsons moment: Homer bragging about how his tattoo of the 70's group Starland Vocal Band was going to be hip forever! I love it ... another slam on American society!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The absolute WORST thing that's going to happen in about 10 years is all those women with the tats right above their a$$ will naturally get fat a$$es
I always found those tattoos incredibly unattractive. I never dated one woman with a tattoo like that.

I'm thinking about starting a tat removal chain
Even better... Start maufacturing and selling granny panties. Those will cover up those above-the-ass tattoos! :D

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WestCoaster The absolute WORST thing that's going to happen in about 10 years is all those women with the tats right above their a$$
We called these 'Tramp Stamps' back in Nevada.

Heh, I think they're hot on a girl that has a body to display them, but when I see horrendously overweight women get them in order to be taken for a stripper then it's laughable.

sapphire

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Several years ago, I wrote a thread concerning the subject of women and tatoos. I presented my own theory of why women get tatoos and offered my opinion that tattood women tend to be more sexually promiscuous. That sparked a huge debate and my thread ended up having close to 300 replies. My username at the time was Aurora. I tried searching, but it does not pop up for some reason.

My own personal views of the subject have not changed. Having dated a multitude of tattood women as well as non tattood women, it is my conclusion that, for the most part, tattood women are more prone to sexual experimentation. Sure, I guess to some it is exclusively a fashion statement and to a large degree it depends on how many tatoos and the location.

For instance, a women who simply has a tatto on her arm or upper backside may not mean much. But, if she has one way on the lower back close to her crack or on her chest or other sexually senstivive areas then the girl most likely has issues (i,e she is probably a ho).

As to why women seem to dig guys with tatoos? I think there is a primordial manly attraction that women have for tattood men or any man who exhibits distinctively manly qualities. Having a tatto or riding a Harley just makes the man that much more masculine I suppose

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They like them because they remind them of sailors. Everyone knows that Olive Oil can't resist Popeye.

Tatoos were very popular in Auschwitz, but for some reason the Leviticus section of the Bible is a bit down on them.

They do have some uses however. A long time ago here in the Deep South a gangster got murdered by some other gangsters. Some time later a tiger shark was captured and taken to an aquarium. It vomited up an arm bearing a tatoo, which helped the police to identify its owner and prove his murder. Known as the Sharm Arm case.

john_1234

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i considered getting a tattoo but decided not to. what's cool now might not be cool ten years later. what's the latest fashion craze? whatever it is, it's not going to be cool several years from now.
tattoos on guys aren't a big deal. but for women, it's huge. tattoos make some girls look crappy in my opinion. for instance, look at jenna jameson. she's hot, but that pin-up girl tattoo she has on her leg kills it.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Deep Dish

Why do women love tattoos? :D
Definitely
4). Bad boy and a rebel sort of image.
And sure
5) Fashion. It is a "cool" thing to have they think with their women's brains. It is "cool" because other have it.