Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Badass Classical that Pumps you Up (No Joke)

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a BIG fan of long classical/operatic songs/overtures.

For instance I just happened upon the production:

Requiem for a Dream - Lord of the Rings Soundtrack

I know people have heard alot of the underlying tracks to it, but it's fantastic if you're lifting, playing games, driving, or chilling. It builds with tension, rolls and thunders along.

Oh Fortuna - Richard Wagner

This was in the Boston City of Champions DVD and is very common, too. It blows me away ALL the time, esp when you watch that DVD. i don't think any city in the world could cry more than us, MAYBE, New York, to that video. It might honestly bring a tear to my eye.

Download them, try them. I tried on the Techno stuff, but it doesn't compare to these 2 productions. Never, no how. Not a chance. SOME techno rolls, builds, and flows like these 2 songs, but it's not close, especially since someone plays every part of the above songs. That's phenomenal. If you have any other classical like that, i'd really appreciate it.

A-Unit

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never heard of Requiem for a Dream, but Mozart's "Requiem" is pretty badass. (Strangely enough, I think its actually funeral music, but sounds more like an action movie soundtrack)

Celadus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Kronos Quartet did did the sound track for Requiem for a Dream. I like them, they do some interesting and different stuff. If you like classical kind of music check it out.

Celadus

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
I saw Kronos Quartet live. Wow, I remember, while sitting there I closed my eyes and my chin almost tucked into my chest and my head just bobbed with every ripple of the music, it was really powerful. When I read the title first thought of course was O Fortuna.

Here's one bound to get you snapping 45lb plates in between sets A-Unit:

Batman Begins theme

I have a buddy who used to get super worked up by the Soviet National Anthem.

edit: wow I checked the LOTR-Requiem for a Dream mix. SICK.

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prokofiev

Carmen Buranda - Karl Orff. You'll know it, it sounds satanic.

Ennio Morricone is always good for adding atmosphere.

FOL!!!

Don Juan
Reaction score
The requiem for a dream version really depresses me. Because me and some friends were in a pretty comprable situation as the peeps in the movie. We don't see each other any more, but reminders of it still sadden me.

Anywaym Oh furtuna is a nice one.

Download this one, you will really like it, 90% positiv:
Montagues et capulets - prokofiev

(search for 'capulets' in the song title)

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the theme song from Armageddon

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Montagues et Capulets rocks. :D

Ride of the Valkyries is a little overdone, but still good. In the Hall of the Mountain King is one of my personal favorites. Sabre Dance is a little goofy, but still good depending on your mood. Gregorian Chants are cool if you're looking for a slightly creepy feel.

Try to find the Classical Thunder CDs. Lots of very hard hitting tracks on there, most of them are pretty good, only a few are ones that I'm not a big fan of.

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice thread.

Just wondering if anyone knows any of the other music from the Romeo and Juliet with Leonardo DiCaprio. I am looking for one specific song...while the most specific I can get is saying that it kicks ass. It is somewhat slow, and deep, but fantastic.

I like how 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' is similar to the theme song of the old Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon(perhaps someone knows what I'm talking about).

Ryan

P.S. Perhaps some would be interested in anything by Shostakovich, particularly Russian Waltz

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have both R&J soundtracks ripped on my PC, which song are you looking for (like when did it occur in the movie)?

ryan killa

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aaah. I believe it was somewhere around the middle of the movie. It came from the older movie, not the DiCaprio version, just realized that. Wow, I am a tool.

For some reason I am thinking it was when Romeo and Juliet met for the first time, but this is a MAJOR shot in the dark.

I've found a few on ***** that were not it:

Mont. et Cap.
Death of Tybalt
Dance of the Knights

Yeah, that's the best deduction I can do.

Edit. Just found it at a website. Still do not know the title. The song automatically starts when the following URL is entered:

http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/9251/sound68.html

Double Edit: Gotcha! Nino Rota. What is a Youth. Just love this song. I remember in grade 10 when the part came up where this song came on, and I exclaimed how great it was, while a couple around me were skeptical, 'what are you talking about,' etc. Kudos to A-Unit for making it all possible. Thanks, sinner.

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gladiator - The Battle
Shostakovich Symphony No. 5, Mvt. 4
Rachmaninoff Symphony No. 2, Mvt. 2 and 4
Beethoven Symphony No. 7, Mvt. 1
Wagner - Magic Fire Music (Die Walkure)
Theme from "Chariots of Fire"

Nice thread :).

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's not forget the Rocky soundtracks! But yeah, some of these orchestral compositions are so moving. I love some of the tracks to the Hitman games too.

Btw, I always found a similarity between orchestral music and psychedelic trance, namely the complexity and multiple layers.

Check out LSD by Hallucinogen, The Mist by Misted Muppet or Filteria stuff as an example.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unregistered said:
Beethoven - Symphony 9 mvt. II
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture
Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Karnevil no. 9
Rush - 2112 Overture

:whistle:

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Btw, I always found a similarity between orchestral music and psychedelic trance, namely the complexity and multiple layers.

Check out LSD by Hallucinogen, The Mist by Misted Muppet or Filteria stuff as an example.
If you are adding trance, then that is a whole other catagory of other good songs that can pump you up.

Clubbed to Death and Chateau by Rob Dougan.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
oh man, have you guys heard of Hans Zimmer? He's one of the best movie composers out there. Composes music that can pump you up and/or make you reflect upon yourself. If you know the music from these movies you would know what I am talking about. Batman Begins, The Last Samurai, Gladiator, Broken Arrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, just to name a few.

Anyways, with music as my second major, I've been exposed to a lot of classical music. There is a ton of good classical music out there (and orchestral music for movies).