Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

If a girl has a ring, does it necessarily mean she has a man?

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl wears a ring on her hand, does it necessarily mean she has a man? This girl I wanna ask out is definitely not married, but she has a ring on her left hand. Do single girls wear rings on their left?

Should I even still bother asking her out?:confused:

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen hot girls wear rings just to keep guys away. They'll still get hit on a lot, but it cuts down on the masses. If she's wearing it on her left hand, there's a good chance she's taken. Right hand, you can ask questions, and most likely its just to fend off the chumps. Should you go talk to her? Sure. Go find out what her story is. It will give you insight and confidence for future approaches.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fadero
If a girl wears a ring on her hand, does it necessarily mean she has a man? This girl I wanna ask out is definitely not married, but she has a ring on her left hand. Do single girls wear rings on their left?

Alright, lets say she does have a man. Is it possible that she would consider talking to you if you have more game than her AFC BF? How could you find out? ;)

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The girl I'm after now has 2 rings, one on each hand, and they're diamond rings. She wears them on her middle finger and they're from her mom, but I can see how guys may be put off by it being that they're diamond rings.

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone know if rings mean anything more than married? I know 3rd finger of left hand (2nd longest finger) means married. Where does engaged etc fit in?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

Are you looking for an excuse to run and hide instead of doing what you WANT to do?

ChesterB

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought, a ring on the third finger of the right hand means married...
Anyway, all other rings are just jewelry, sometimes those on the third finger, too!

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ChesterB
I thought, a ring on the third finger of the right hand means married...
Anyway, all other rings are just jewelry, sometimes those on the third finger, too!
It is on different hands depending on the COUNTRY. In Europe, the ring is on the RIGHT ring fingers. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

In America, the ring is on the LEFT ring fingers. (that I know is true).

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls are for the most part crazy about shiny rocks. I'm not sure what marketing wizard pulled it off.

Diamonds ... will take her breath away.
Diamonds ... will render her speechless.

Why don't they just say it?

Diamonds will shut a girls trap for a minute or two!

Down south, with all of these rich fathers, almost every girl you run into has some rocks on her hand. I ignore them. All of them. If they tell me they are married, I apologize and pretend I didn't notice the ring.

Eileen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Engagment rings are a very American tradition. Most Europeans don't bother. A ring might be given as a gift but it has no real meaning like it does in America.

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
I ended up asking a few girls at work about this, and they said that even when they were single they would sometimes have a ring even with a diamond on it. They said that some girls really do wear the rings just for the sole purpose of keeping many guys away. So I guess the only true way to find out if this girl is single or taken is to just ask her out.

I'm planning on going back to the restaurant this weekend to talk to her again. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

justheretohelp

Don Juan
Reaction score

A diamond ring on the left ring finger I think can mean that she is engaged. I know thats also the wedding band finger.

Fadero

Don Juan
Reaction score
So here's the final update to what happened. I was planning on going back to the restaurant to finally ask her out. Earlier that day I went to the local department store to pick up a couple things. While I was walking down one of the main store aisles, I spotted her however she was together with her boyfriend. I received eye contact and a smile, but that was it since her man was at her side.

So there you have it. Perhaps in other cases when a girl has a ring, it may not necessarily mean that she has a boyfriend. But with my example, chances are it does mean so. Does this mean I'm going to stop going to eat at that restaurant? No. They still have great food and it's not like she ever knew what I was going to do anyhow.

Next. :)

Grey Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've know girls too who wear fake wedding rings at their place of work to ward off guys. Sad thing is one day there will come a time when they won't need a ring to do that, and to boot they won't want that ring anymore.

-Grey Fox

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard girls refer to wearing a wedding ring as "keeping the flies off" :)

A few weeks ago I ended up on the beach with a chick that I met at a nightclub and I didn't even notice her wedding ring until she brought it up :) (she was seperated)

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So there you have it. Perhaps in other cases when a girl has a ring, it may not necessarily mean that she has a boyfriend. But with my example, chances are it does mean so.
She has a ring. She has a boyfriend. They don't necessarily have anything to do with each other. If she has a diamond ring AND a gold band on her ring finger, chances are a girl is married... anything else you never know. Sometimes people don't get rings to get engaged/married - I know someone who bought each other engagement dogs because they didn't like jewelry. People are different.