Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Are Most Asian Women So Skinny?

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not attempting to be stereotypical here, but I've noticed that most Asian women, the majority that I have seen in various cities are really slim/skinny. Does it have something to do with the diet and culture? I mean, many Asian restaurants serve very greasy foods, but you look at their employees and they all look really fit and healthy as if they themselves probably don't even eat any of that stuff.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Really? Very interesting. I didn't imagine that. I wonder though, whether if they keep eating the said unhealthy foods (deep fried stuff like fries, stuff from Dunkin' Donuts, deep fried chicken, hamburgers with lots of cheese, etc.), if they'll still be able to maintain that slim shape continually.

diizy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm quite sure it wouldnt change them much at all. As with genetics, if your fat, you will most likely be and stay fat. If you are skinny, you will most likely stay that way. If you are a moderate build then there is likelyhood that you can change in either direction.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of it has to do with diet. Most Asian-Americans still eat a lot of homecooked Asian food*, as opposed to burgers, fries and pizza like most Americans. Basically a lot of meat & cheese. * Which is also nowhere near as greasy as the stuff they serve in Asian restaurants.

If it were genetics, then you'd see a lot of fat White people in the EU, Latinos in Latin America and Black people in Africa.

Surprise, Surprise, though. White Euros are very slim...and I believe Black Africans and many Latin Americans are too. Heck, White Americans HERE a generation ago were all fairly in shape.

The biggest common denominator here then is MODERN AMERICAN FOOD...and you'll notice that Asian people who have assimilated to the diet & lifestyle here also blow up. Although that is not as common because most never fully assimilate to the food here.

Sure, genetics might play some part, but I think diet can override that pretty quickly.

Frank2500

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

I appreciate this feedback, folks. I used to be a very skinny guy, and people used to tease me saying that I ate a lot, ate all kinds of greasy foods, junk foods-cookies, Ice cream, etc., but never ever got fat. Ever since I began lifting weights though, I have gained several pounds, although I don't look fat. One thing is for sure: people can't call me skinny anymore.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well being Asian (Chinese specifically) I can say that not ALL asian women are thin. It really depends on how they were raised and the culture they assimilated into.

Take me for example; I grew up in a western enviorment and so I am much larger than my Asian counterparts.

And the waiters and waitresses are all thin and healthy because they strongly embrace their own cultures and plus they are probibly FOB's anyways (Fresh off the boat) and so.....probibly didnt have much nutrition in homeland.

I dont mean to be offensive, but its kind of true...walk around Chinatown and you'll see what I mean.

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
every woman in my family (i'm chinese) eats very very little. and probably half of their meals consist of boiled or lightly stir fried vegetables. soups are usually just a vegetable/meat broth. meat is usually lean. the only problem i see is the white rice.

seriously, how can you compare restaurant food to homecooked meals? i'm sure white people/latinos or anyone else puts more health into their homecooked meals compared to restaurants/fast food.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone here has been correct. It's a little of both - genetics and diet.

I live in an area populated by more Asians than anywhere in the U.S. and I can tell ya, there are some not-so-thin Asian girls, but for the most part they are Westernized and eat the crappy, fatass U.S diet, and even their slender genetics can't fight that influence. :crazy:

Same with Latinas. I think there is a stereotype of them being larger than normal, but if you look at the ones south of the border or who still maintain their native diets, a lot of them are very thin.

Reaction score
Frank2500 said:
I'm not attempting to be stereotypical here, but I've noticed that most Asian women, the majority that I have seen in various cities are really slim/skinny. Does it have something to do with the diet and culture? I mean, many Asian restaurants serve very greasy foods, but you look at their employees and they all look really fit and healthy as if they themselves probably don't even eat any of that stuff.
Wow your a stupid f*ck, u really think that the greasy sh*t is typical asian food? it's americanized cr*p and they're just saying it's asian food so u'll buy it. If you EAT REAL ASIAN FOOD u'll prob lose about 30 pounds of fat in 2 weeks cuz it's all based on seafood, rice and noodles. I know wtf I'm talkin about cuz I lived in Japan for 15 years. Why don't u try taking biology? you'll understand that it's all genetics.

Don Juan Montoya

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats why i love asian babes. Skinny. It also costs less when u go out to dinner because they eat less food. Sometimes we split a meal. I am a white dude & date mostyl asian girls. I love that silky black hair, brown eyes & skinny body...mmmmm....

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Part genetics, part diet.

Also the american "fatass" diet has less to do with actual food and more to do with a lack of physical activity. Weight loss or gain isn't determined so much by what you eat but rather total calories in vs. calories out.

The reason a lot of asians are thin is because they eat low-fat foods, but fat does NOT = weight gain. It's just that 1g fat has more than twice the calories of 1g of carbs or protein so it would be pretty hard to stuff your face with enough rice and fish every day to get fat. On the other hand, greasy food tastes good and takes up much less space per calorie, so it's a lot easier to pack in without even thinking about it.

danno1

Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely have seen some fatass asians and thats because they ate fast food a lot and had stomachs close to Kobiyashi

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they're only allowed to eat their husband's leftovers. Every culture should adopt that policy.

Niolette

Reaction score
When I was in China I was also very surprised by how skinny asian people (not just women but men as well) are, I guess it's their cuisine - much vegetables, mushrooms, small portions, lack of fatty foods - see info on asian food diet. Their diet is generally healthier, portions are much smaller, most red meat is replaced with fish, and variety of food is more, and no fast food/junk food.

Last edited:

Hustlaz Ambition

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have never seen an Asian whale before. So Asian girls are high quality on average compared to every other race of girls. Especially with the rising obesity rates in the US and the whales "rising confidence rates". Don't know why whales try to hit on dudes and go to the club. You'll never see a obese dude up in the club or hitting on people out of their league. But then again maybe if these desperate, thirsty AFCish dudes didn't give these girls play it wouldn't happen.

***** please I'm jacked(but still have alot of ways to go, as always in bodybuilding) wtf I look like walking around with an obese whale!