Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

when a girl asks for YOUR number instead of giving you HERS...

chancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed this girl at the gym for a while, but never approached until yesterday. I turned around to rack the weights for the leg press and her eyes quickly dart away. Later I'm at another machine so I look at her for a sec, and she looks back. So I finally hop on the tredmil with her for a second and start talking. I told her that I see her at the gym a lot but never see her doing any weights. After she's done with the tredmil, she went over to the weights, lol. Next thing you know, she says she's leaving.

So I leave also. I Made some more convo and asked for her number. And then she asked for mine. I'm kinda puzzled here so I said she should give me hers and then i'll give her mine. lol... She insists that I give her my number so that when she calls, I'll get her number. So i give in. And when I'm leaving she says that's she's gonna call.

Anyway, I know it's probably not that big of a deal. I've never had a girl call me back when I gave out my number. But either way it's cool.

What do you guys do when a girl asks why don't you give them your number instead?

NSUballer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its just another game they play. If shes interested she will call. But I never had a girl insist I give her my number without giving hers in return.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chancer said:
...What do you guys do when a girl asks why don't you give them your number instead?
Give them the number and drop them lower on the roster until we meet up again. Notice I didn't say until she calls, emails and phone conversations are not the objective, they are just a means.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she doesnt call you..dont say anything about it..when you see her again...let it go..and continue ur game in person

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same as the old: "Why don't you give me yours instead?", That is easier than saying no. Another reason could be that she might be interested, yet likes to be in control. Either way, it is in her court and up to her. Like mentioned above, don't bring it up, just chat her up, then ask her:

"So when are you taking me to get some ________", insert coffee, soup, etc.

You are just being very assumptive, since she asked your for your number and said she would call, she must be interested. So you're just doing what is natural.

If she gives you, "Well, I am very busy, etc." then you know she's just politely rejecting you. No big dea.

KoalaKing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't just focus all of your attention on one hot babe at the gym, many guys think of one hot babe continuously for weeks on end never allowing themselves to open up to meet or even think about any other girl until they are 100% sure that the girl they desire isn't interested in them, then they just repeat the same thing with the next hot babe they desire, never do this, always meet other girls, don't let one dominate your mind.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl insists like that I just point out subtly that I am on to her game.

I say: Oh, that line. It's Ok, nevermind.

Or I will say.

I guarantee you don't make the first call.

Or
Well, maybe I'll run into you sometime.

Basically, it shows her that she isn't duping anyone with the, "no-let-me-get-your-number line. Also, when you tell her she is too scared to call, or isn't gutsy enough, it makes them laugh, and when, if they do call, it provides a transition to a joke you two can share.

I think joking about it can take away awkwardness and it shows to her that you MAY be aware that she isn't that interested, but it doesn't really bother you.

Raikojo17

Banned
Reaction score
^^ nice. thats the way to go.

women rarely ever call. out of all the girls i've talked to, only one has had the balls to actually call ME.

so when a girl says she'll call you instead, dont expect it.

girls can be very insecure and shy creatures.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just put them on the spot.. I haven't had this happen often, but it has happened. One funny enough was to an Ex I ran into a couple of years later that grew from a tall basketball playing tomboy with a cute face to a six foot modeleque exotic dancer. I asked her for her number to keep in touch, she said " no but you can give me yours".. I saidi "nah, that's okay, don't worry about it".... we kept talking and she tried to save face and say " you sure you don't want to give me your number" and I said "yeah, i don't give my number to girls" and left.

not trying to make her feel funny, but why put myself in a position where I know what she is trying to do? Now if I ever do see her again, which I probalby will if she is still a dancer, she will remember that.

Reaction score
Men do not give give their numbers to women until they qualify them first!!! You only get their number - do not exchange numbers!! Did she approach you or did you approach her?? If you approached then why should she get the reward?? Doesn't make sense = some thing's wrong!!

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe I am in the minority here, but I have had girls call me several times. Never first though, so maybe that's what you all are getting at. I actually had to be the first one to call, but after that, they would phone me up regularly. The first call you give them kinda let's them know you are interested, and then some of them don't mind calling more.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DevanE is right. 20 bucks says she won't call you.

Look, if she asks for you number on her own...thats good.
If she asks for you number as an alternative to give you her's ...thats bad.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
something else that hasnt been mentioned yet... She might have a boyfriend, and doesnt want to chance you calling her while she is with him.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
but now you are nitpicking.. you are grasping for straws. is it possible? yes. But how likely is it that he just had this covno with this girl and had no inkling she was taken?

jamescr73

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 said:
something else that hasnt been mentioned yet... She might have a boyfriend, and doesnt want to chance you calling her while she is with him.

yup, in my experience lately, all of the girls that ive approached and got denied the number but got the "give me yours" line, ended up having boyfriends. Its pretty much just a nice way of saying no. I did have one girl say to get the number from a mutual friend of ours, which i dont understand why she couldnt of just gave it to me, cause i could of had the number 1 minute later. But I just told her that i would only call her 25 times a day until she had to change her number, and she laughed, but still resisted. I told her "oh well, Ill see ya around", and i walked off.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Devious Trick Alert, use at your own discretion.

Here's a better technique to use on the one that asks you for a number:

Before a night of sarging go to your local ATM machine and pull a bit of cash out for yourself for the night. While you're there, look through all of the withdrawl reciepts that every slob carelessly drops around the machine or in the trash. Sift through them until you find 3 or 4 that have a pretty high checking or savings balance (like in the $8K-$10K area, more is even better) and tuck them into your wallet. You may need to go to a more affluent part of town to 'hunt' depending on where you live and bank ATMs tend to yield better results than ones at convenience stores or other places.

Sarge as you normally would, but be sure to leave your cell phone in the car when you're at a club, gym or wherever you go to pick up. When you number close, (or when your target asks you for a number) fumble around for a piece of paper on which to write your own number (since you left your cell in the car remember?) and then take out one of 'your' ATM recipts. Scribble your number on the back of it and close as normal. You can virtually guarantee a call back using this method.

Granted, the girl's most likely a golddigger, but at least you have that established from the start.

ValleyDJing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Devious Trick Alert, use at your own discretion.

Here's a better technique to use on the one that asks you for a number:

Before a night of sarging go to your local ATM machine and pull a bit of cash out for yourself for the night. While you're there, look through all of the withdrawl reciepts that every slob carelessly drops around the machine or in the trash. Sift through them until you find 3 or 4 that have a pretty high checking or savings balance (like in the $8K-$10K area, more is even better) and tuck them into your wallet. You may need to go to a more affluent part of town to 'hunt' depending on where you live and bank ATMs tend to yield better results than ones at convenience stores or other places.

Sarge as you normally would, but be sure to leave your cell phone in the car when you're at a club, gym or wherever you go to pick up. When you number close, (or when your target asks you for a number) fumble around for a piece of paper on which to write your own number (since you left your cell in the car remember?) and then take out one of 'your' ATM recipts. Scribble your number on the back of it and close as normal. You can virtually guarantee a call back using this method.

Granted, the girl's most likely a golddigger, but at least you have that established from the start.
I found that funny, but dude, girls are gonna be on to that type of ****.

Reaction score
Actually a girl said this to me once "Just give me your number" - my exact reply was "Why don't you let me be the man and you be the woman!!!"

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Actually a girl said this to me once "Just give me your number" - my exact reply was "Why don't you let me be the man and you be the woman!!!"
You're losin your funny