Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

is v8 good substitute for veggies?

Yapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't eat much vegetables so I've started choking down v8 lately because... it's got to be good for me, right??

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no. 8g sugar, 2g fiber. only good thing about it is that it's loaded with potassium which is otherwise hard to get.

this will have none of the positive benefits of fibrous green vegetables. you'd do just as well to eat pizza sauce (no sugar added, of course).

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the low sodium v8 has a pretty good nutritional profile, but throttle is right .. you can't replace em. the main benefit of veggies is the fiber, which any vegetable juice lacks.

potassium is actually pretty easy to get. there's a ton of it in white potatoes and bananas.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are veggie substitute vitamin pills available.

Yapper

Don Juan
Reaction score
but i don't really need to eat my veggies anyway right? i mean phfft, red steak.. prime rib.. doritos, that's a man's meal!

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
depends entirely on your goals.

good point on the potassium, md3, but as an endomorph / lazy mesomorph I generally avoid potatoes, and I can only take so much banana... I tend to get my potassium from low-fat / low-sugar yogurt.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yapper said:
I don't eat much vegetables so I've started choking down v8 lately because... it's got to be good for me, right??
I use to have a problem eating veggies too. Went the V8 route also.

Now I just stir fry veggies with some stir-fry sauce. The veggies all kind of taste the same after they're stir fried. So now I'm able to eat vegetables I was never able to get down before (like brocolli).
I've actually grown a bit of a taste for them now too.
Throw in some chicken or beef, and it's on.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
depends entirely on your goals.

good point on the potassium, md3, but as an endomorph / lazy mesomorph I generally avoid potatoes, and I can only take so much banana... I tend to get my potassium from low-fat / low-sugar yogurt.

Why do you avoid potatoes? You should be getting a certain amount of starch every day, and what better way? Body type doesn't matter ... you still need carbs.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat vegetables, but not enough. I usually supplement with a multi-vitamin, and I choke down some v8 just to fill the gaps.

I do try to eat veggies when they're available though

Ojete

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ideally you should consume fresh vegetables in addition to the v8. If you aren't, at least take a multi-vitamin. And make the v8 a low-sodium brand.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
md3sign said:
Body type doesn't matter ... you still need carbs.
You've gotta define 'need' though. I've been lifting on a low-carb diet for ~3/4 of a year, with only enough carbs to keep me out of ketosis (60-100g /day) and maltodextrin in my post-workout shake. Carbs come in the form of low-carb vegetables and fruits, and a small amount of carrots/sweet potato.

And yeah, I've been gaining very well.

Maybe I'm biased, but eating less rice, bread, potatoes etc. only leaves me more room for lovely lovely meat.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
simon said:
Maybe I'm biased, but eating less rice, bread, potatoes etc. only leaves me more room for lovely lovely meat.
I share your bias.

md3sign

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Need as in some is necessary like you said. My diet is primarily protein based as well, though I do take in much more carbs (mostly from milk and potatoes).

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
fiber makes you poop.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For kids who have trouble woofing down veggies, yes. My 3 year oldhates greens but can drink that crap. It's actually ok to drink. Id' rather have green beans, etc.