Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text messaging

YoDJYouMyDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know most of you are probably against it, but I wanted to ask a question about texting (on the cell phone). DO you think it's ok to text a girl and say "What's up? You wanna hang out this weekend?" on like THursday? I could conceivably call but I just feel I'm awkward on the phone and this would be better. Also, it makes it look casual and cool like you don't really care. Please let me know what you all think. thanks

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sure, that's fine. as long as you dont write a book in ya text message. keep it short and sweet and to the point. no more, no less.
state opening line (hey), and purpose (wanna hang out this weekend).

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its good.

short!

Hey, wanna hang out Friday?

she: sure

you: I wil call you then.

her: look forward.

done! :)

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't make you look casual and cool, just plain ordinary.
I'd call, but if you suck on it and you know it'd be better to text message, then do what your instincts tell you to do!
Go ahead! Noting to lose!

YoDJYouMyDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
btw - i met this girl last weekend and we hooked up (no sex) - does that change anything?

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no it doesnt.. go ahead with your texting to ask her out, when you get her out on a date and get to know her better, maybe you'd be more confident enough to call her for a date then :D

Jon E

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do it all the time and say stuff like:

"hey short bus, got time for lunch?"

or

"Hey loser! Get a life!...call me."

Both field tested to have replies within 30 sec.

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys should be calling, not texting.

If this was a chick you have been dating for a while, then yea, switch it up soemtimes and text her.. but fo rhte first few dates pick up the phone and CALL.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
**** the rules. Texting *can* be great. Not so much initiating, but responding. It's incredibly easy to throw in some c&f responses, and I have always done so with great results. If you're good at communication, the method seldom matters.

MadeInTheUK

Don Juan
Reaction score
i deffinately always set up dates over the phone... dont text them...

girls love to text you... you will end up with texts like good morning and good night. and you can use some really flirty stuff in return... but no long conversations...just ****y funny stuff that makes them giggle and think of you during the day when your not with her.

this way she can think of you for the rest of the day and also wait for your next text...and think of you more.... and also she can tell/show her friends how sweet and how much of a horny goat you are with the texts...

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant find out anything with text messages.

It's always best to call, even if it's only a real short phone call:

"hey girl"
"hey!"
"I cant talk for long I'm real busy, free up some time on saturday night, we're off to play pool and have a few drinks"
"erm!... whats makes you think I'm not already real busy?!"
"whats more important than spending the night out with this sexy, clever, modest guy?"
"Wh..." *interupt*
"exactly! Good, I'll meet you at 8 outside rileys, baii!"

If she's got a problem, she'll tell you. Assume she'll be there if you dont hear anything about it.

I like to do that kind of phone call as a "we're going out tonight" type of phone call. Makes her get a bit nervous, rush around, and be all excited for the rest of the day.

If she's really interested, she'll make it. If she flakes on it, dont call her for a while - suggest something else. If she flakes again, get rid of her.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
If it's going to require more than a brief exchange (more than 2 or 3 SHORT texts), then you should just call.

If this is the FIRST time you've asked her out, call her. If you guys are cool and have been going for a while, a text saying "Dinner tonight?" or something along that lines is fine. You wouldn't want to send that to a new chick, though.

Be careful about going out of your way to use text because you're afraid your phone-skills aren't up to snuff. Text should never be used as a "cop-out."

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love text messaging. But as others have said, keep it short. I'd also advise that you never reply immediately. While she's waiting for your reply, she's thinking about you.

YoDJYouMyDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok - i'm getting kind of conflicting info because I only met her once but we ended up hooking up (I got head). HAving that in mind, what should I do? I really just wanna send a text that says "hey this is xxx from saturday. lets hang out this friday." Also, if I was with her on Saturday, when should I text/call her to set up something for Friday? Today? Wednesday? thx

YoDJYouMyDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
alright. so i send a text earlier today that says "hey. this is XYZ from saturday. remember me?" and no response! I find it hard to believe she;s just blowing me off b/c she was literally all over me on Saturday. If don't get a response from her by Thursday should I just call her and be like "hey this is XYZ from Saturday. we should get together tomorrow night"? What do you think of that? thx