Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Yeast Infection...

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently found out my gf has had a yeast infection in the past, and just today she claims that it might be flaring up again...

Would it be harmful to engage in oral/intercourse? If so, would it be harmful if the infection is dormant and not showing any symptoms?

Also, what are some ways that she may have contracted the infection?

Thanks..

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um... Geez haven't you guys ever taken a health class or human sexuality class or anything?

There is not really such a thing as a "dormant" yeast infection for a woman... the symptoms ARE the infection... if there are no symptoms then it has gone away. It's not like herpes where you have it but only get outbreaks at certain times. It's not a lasting infection. She may be prone to them, which is why she has RECURRING yeast infections... but it's not one single infection that dies down and then "flares up" again.

And you don't "contract" a yeast infection. It is not a sexually transmitted disease... and it is not viral. It is caused by a bacteria called "candida albicans" which is normal to have some off at all times but when they multiply rapidly it causes candidiasis (yeast infection). They can be caused by a change in pH, increased heat and moisture, allergies, elevated sugar levels, hormonal changes, weakened immune system, reaction to antibiotics, etc.

It is possible for candida to be transmitted between people by direct contact, so unprotected sex isn't necessarily a good idea (and the spermicides on some condoms can also bring one on if the girl is particuarly sensitive to them). It is possible for a woman with a yeast infection to "infect" her boyfriend, treat her infection so it goes away and then get reinfected by him again. (Men don't usually have recognizable symptoms, so they wouldn't know they had it.)

Sex would probably be painful for her during a yeast infection anyway, so I'd say wait out the week it takes to treat it without any sex or going down on her (which is just gross). If you have already had unprotected sex with her maybe ask your doctor about it, but I wouldn't worry about "how did she get this?" Although it's possible to be passed sexually, it is NOT an STD.

NMMWCR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
Would it be harmful to engage in oral/intercourse? If so, would it be harmful if the infection is dormant and not showing any symptoms?
Trust me. You will not care for the taste or smell. Wait for the meds to clear that up first.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. Im not too knowlegable on this subject, thats why I posted. Also, I just posted what she said. She said she hasnt gotten any symptoms of a yeast infection in years, but the other day after "extreme pleasure" ;) she noticed she had a burning 'down there' and she remembers this "burning" when she used to have it years it ago, so she suspected maybe she got it again. Understand now?

Anyway, thanks for the informative posts, she just went to the docs yesterday to check it out and get meds if she has the infection again. Ill talk to her soon and report back I guess :)

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good bugs

Make sure she gets some good bacteria implanted in her gut. Yogurt and acidophilus/bifidobacteria supplements are essential to correct the situation for good.

S_M has good info.

Men have a wide range of syptoms when we get it. I had it(due to antibiotics when I had mono --bad, bad medicine!), and I had diarrhea for a whole ****ing year. And all kinds of mental and physical health problems. Those damn bugs release a lot of toxins!