Why Were My Threads Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Can one of the moderators kindly explain to me why my threads were closed. In this thread Rex's Hella Gay A$$ Thread http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212408

There were some points on here I wanted to address, especially the skinny guy's assumption that I could related to being a nerd.

A Conversation with Self, Rex's Realest Thread Ever http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=212411

I really want to know why this thread this was closed. Like I said in the title, it's not only the realest, but the most personal and heart felt thread that I ever contributed to the forum, essentially I spilled my guts about a chick and current situation that I'm going through.

I wrote in a two person dialogue because I was trying to sort things and also give the reader a little insight into how I process things. More importantly, I wanted some feedback on the situation. I would like for my threads to reopened, thank you.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because nobody could understand what you were saying. Talking in third person view is only cute for a little while then it gets tiring.

Johnny Alias

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That and you're EXTREMELY critical over other people who post on here. You might have wisdom and that's great, but you don't have to be a d1ck and rip up other people's thoughts, fears, and advice to shreds. Seriously man you take things way too far. A lot of guys on here are hurting. Give them a break!

And the third person stuff... come on man.

adam225

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I fail to see any problem. Some people have their own unique way of thinking/learning.

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, it looks like the reviews are in for A Conversation with Self, Rex's Realest Thread Ever... gonna have to pass on that read!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. That post may have been interesting but your writing style is hard to digest. I think that one got locked because no one was commenting on anything you originally wrote, and you acted psychotic after I posted.

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Johnny Alias said:
That and you're EXTREMELY critical over other people who post on here.
Thats no reason to close a thread.

I do think the mods need to provide an answer.

GS750

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. I read both of them and didn't understand why they were closed.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Here's the Flaw in Logic

Johnny Alias said:
That and you're EXTREMELY critical over other people who post on here. You might have wisdom and that's great, but you don't have to be a d1ck and rip up other people's thoughts, fears, and advice to shreds. Seriously man you take things way too far. A lot of guys on here are hurting. Give them a break!
You be spot if only for one thing...that is if I was being hypocritical. I had a conversation with myself and I responded in the same exact way that I have answered other guys posts. As far as niggas "hurting. F*ck out here with that sh*t, some of the dudes need a strong talking and a dose of that cold sh*t called reality. Not for nothing it's because of being treated so gingerly that a lot of dudes ended up in the situation they're in. Compassion and understanding has a place, but "showin' out being overly emotional seeking advice in regards to regaining the favor of woman who doesn't even respect a guy as man deserves nothing but the harshest of talking to in somethings the most profane, brutal, and coarse language imaginable.

In the Real Thread Ever, I was one in need of a strong talking to. I needed some of y'all to read that thread and hold my feet to the fire like Mr. Wright did via a PM sent to me.

Don't let all of those green squares under my post total fool, y'all. I'm not that much better off than a lot of y'all. I still need mentoring, advice and I'm not beyond f*cking up in the game.

That thread was about me some how getting sprung on chick who I've only taken out to eat once and kicked with twice and me realizing with the right chick and under the right set of circumstances, that those feelings of loneliness, longing, desire, and a sight case of pedstalization, that I thought I gotten past and conquered long ago are just locked away.

What y'all don't seem to understand but ole Rex is, that I'm literally the same guy on So Suave that I am in real life, this is no online persona. So when I f*ck in the game, I expect to told under no certain terms by the board's membership, "Yo Rex, you know f*cked up right? Considering how much sh*t I talk on here and how hard I go on muthaf*ckas, how can I in good conscious expect the same no to happen to me when I f*ck in the game? For me not to accept scrutiny, criticism, ridicule, scorn, and derision and when I readily and frequently dish it out to others would show a severe lack of honesty, integrity, and creditability on my part.

A lot guys on here are just as harsh as I am. Nismo and PlayerHerMan immediately comes to mind. The only difference between the guys who give the hard truth and I, is that I'm incredibly profane and I drop a lot of "eff," and "n" bombs. If a b8tch has you take f*cked in the game, then this isn't the place for you and you gone about your simpin beta male ways.

Johnny Alias said:
And the third person stuff... come on man.
Rex wishes that the power of Christ would compel these hoes to him as much as it compels y'all to read his threads and posts. There's nothing forcing y'all to read what I write on here. Like I've always said, each and every one of y'all have an "ignore," button. If Rex's writing style troubles you that much, then I'd STRONGLY SUGGEST that you utilize it.

TheCWord

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe all the bold type was hurting the mods' eyes.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know who closed your threads, but it looks to me that there were a lot of ad hominem insults flying around, which is against the rules.

Example:
"Listen you mentally disabled f*cktard."

Johnny Alias

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
I don't know who closed your threads, but it looks to me that there were a lot of ad hominem insults flying around, which is against the rules.

Example:
Bahaha. Like I said...

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:

Example:
Well if thats the case there is a double standard in place. You either enforce it equally and to everyone, or get rid of the rule. I could care less if members "call people bad names".

You cant selectively choose to silent some...while you let others violate it on a consistent basis. I still want to know which mod closed the threads.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In moderation, standardizing actions and rule enforcement in a forum which is inherently loaded with gray area is extremely difficult. You find that out quickly when you become a mod.

Notwithstanding, we are working to come up with a more standardized approach, without being overbearing. Moderation is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" proposition. We get equal numbers of complaints about being too heavy-handed, and too lenient. I would say the ratio is literally 50/50.

We are certainly not silencing some and not others based on whim or any other criteria. Some guys slip through the cracks for a while, usually due to context. It is surprisingly difficult as a mod to walk into a busy thread, read through all the posts, and sift through the layers in order to come to a fair assessment.

In the case of Rex's threads, they were blatantly degenerating into personal attacks, so some other moderator decided to close them. I think he made a reasonable decision.

You always have the option of pointing out who specifically is violating rules "on a consistent basis" if that concerns you.

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
I Agree with TheException

Atom Smasher said:

Example:
TheException said:
Well if thats the case there is a double standard in place. You either enforce it equally and to everyone, or get rid of the rule. I could care less if members "call people bad names".

You cant selectively choose to silent some...while you let others violate it on a consistent basis. I still want to know which mod closed the threads.
A.S, as far as the first thread, dude come on thread hollerin' some weak a$$ sh*t talking about a "wall of text," his semi-literate a$$ couldn't read. That sh*t he could have kept to himself and I call him out on it.

As the other thread, what I said on that one is pretty much consistent with my posting style and the general nature of my replies since I've been posting on the regular. I do have to agree with TheException in that case.

What has me feeling some kinda why about my threads being closed is that the Mods "get Rex," and y'all take and understand things in context that I'm presenting them, and I appreciate y'all for that.

I understand that I'm probably one of the one "edgier," posters on this site and y'all let me get away with a lot sh*t. Again, I credit that to you guys understanding the context in which my thoughts are being presented. With that being said, the closing of those two particular threads seemed random at best, especially considering the that the moderators have set the precedent of understanding where I'm coming from and the point that I'm trying to get across.

I can understand if y'all felt I violated a forum rule, but at the same time, dude was outline with his b. s. comment. I didn't appreciate that sh*t in the least. Like I said, in the title of that thread, it was to date the realest thing I have yet to write on here and I was seeking counsel, not some new muthaf*cka disparaging my innermost thoughts that I decided to share with the forum. And I asked before, I kindly appreciate if you'd open my threads back up, at the "Conversation with Self," one

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for clarification, and to help you all sleep better at night, I closed the thread.

Why? Atom Smasher put it pretty well.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:

Example:
And yet I see people get away with worse insults and threads on this forum. I rarely see impartial moderation on this forum. Personally I think all personal insults should result in infractions and editing (or removal) of the post. People need to be mature and learn how to discuss and debate viewpoints without character attacks. But I wont hold my breath.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
And yet I see people get away with worse insults and threads on this forum. I rarely see impartial moderation on this forum. Personally I think all personal insults should result in infractions and editing (or removal) of the post. People need to be mature and learn how to discuss and debate viewpoints without character attacks. But I wont hold my breath.
Taking offense is a choice. Don't we always talk about the power to walk away?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Atom Smasher said:
Some examples, please?
Id say any thread Zarky, Tits, or Playherman post in usually have personal insults flying about. Usually its posters throwing character attacks at Zarky since people get all upset at his difference of opinion...or I see Tits and PHM putting down posters who dare disagree with them.

Im all for freedom of speech, but if the forum wants to shut down threads and throw around warnings, it needs to be even across the playing field. I remember last year receiving a PM being warned about insulting another member...and being told to PM mods rather then directly respond to insults. And guess what happens when I do listen to that advice and report a post?....nothing.

I thought things were in the works to clean up the immaturity and lack of debate skills on this forum when you posted that Rules Reminder Sticky some time ago. But nothing has changed.

I also remember a certain time last year when SocialLeper and I were being attacked by a particular mod, and having ban threats made against us when we responded negatively to personal attacks being made against us.

EDIT- PS - Id say to make things easy, the mods should just have a little gathering, and agree to follow the bolded forum rules from your sticky thread, down to the letter. No one should be allowed to insult or throw veiled insults at people on the forum. That would fix a lot of things. That said, if people are cool with things the way they are, Im all for that too. But I will reciprocate the tone in comments made to me.

collosuss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah this is Bvll****, whoever did shut down your threads it would be nice if he said why... I know I have seen thread and post from other Dons that where way hasher being made...

Status
Not open for further replies.