help setting up facebook page

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
As you probably know, you can choose whether anyone gets to see your page, or just friends that you approve (or you can go somewhere in between with specific settings for specific things). It kinda depends on what you want to use the page for.

Frankly, setting up the page is fast and easy... It's usually what follows afterward that gets people in trouble. Just like you can't take back an email or tweet, you want to be careful whose photos you post and what you say.

I know this is basic stuff, but I can't believe how many friendships and relationships have been ruined from a lack of judgement on Facebook...

The Gambler

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you to put the preference which allows you to review the pictures you are tagged in, before they appear in your profile.

You have no idea in how much sh1t I've been tagged, from the scumbag steve meme to useless pictures you can see on try hard guys seeking approval.
Also disgusting stuff or "funny things" which are the benchmark of fb profiles of afc.

You could also consider to do the same thing regarding who can upolad stuff in your board for the same reason, the last thing you need for your social proof is your goofy friend posting a world of warcraft screenshot of your match on saturday night.

Regarding your friend list, make it invisible if you happen to have few friends or strange people, you should know girls give much consideration to such things when they form an opinion of you, your profile will also be checked from all of her friend because sheeps rarely decided by themselves.

Make yourself some pictures where you look good, having fun with friends in a club or playing sport, better yet upload pictures of you with cute girls it will pay in the long run.

As a general rule check the facebook pages of your friends which are succesful in life and see how they are built, do the same with those considered loser and see yourself the differences.
You will hardly find disgusting or ridicolous things on cool guys pages while you will find plenty of afcs ones( example dont upload pictures of monkeys masturbating or akward penguin meme).

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't more specific originally

Who Dares Win said:
I suggest you to put the preference which allows you to review the pictures you are tagged in, before they appear in your profile.

You have no idea in how much sh1t I've been tagged, from the scumbag steve meme to useless pictures you can see on try hard guys seeking approval.
Also disgusting stuff or "funny things" which are the benchmark of fb profiles of afc.

You could also consider to do the same thing regarding who can upolad stuff in your board for the same reason, the last thing you need for your social proof is your goofy friend posting a world of warcraft screenshot of your match on saturday night.

Regarding your friend list, make it invisible if you happen to have few friends or strange people, you should know girls give much consideration to such things when they form an opinion of you, your profile will also be checked from all of her friend because sheeps rarely decided by themselves.

Make yourself some pictures where you look good, having fun with friends in a club or playing sport, better yet upload pictures of you with cute girls it will pay in the long run.

As a general rule check the facebook pages of your friends which are succesful in life and see how they are built, do the same with those considered loser and see yourself the differences.
You will hardly find disgusting or ridicolous things on cool guys pages while you will find plenty of afcs ones( example dont upload pictures of monkeys masturbating or akward penguin meme).
My other question would be what should I keep in mind when starting a fan page or a business page? Not to sure about that one. Thanks for this answer.