Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Windy City Chronicles II

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mackenzie is the only chick from above I still have in my rotation. The rest have fallen wayward. The only person that was really noticeable was Kelly but she needed a bf and I wasn't interesting in being that so when she changed her fb status I just cut off contact completely. I feel like I could have easily taken her from whatever dude recently entered her life but he at least might have a long term plan with her. I would not on the other hand so I have not attempted to contact her since. She thinks I'm a jerk I am sure but it is better if I did not attempt to recontact her to stroke my ego only to give her more of the same.

Mackenzie
We still hang out frequently. Not much has changed between us. She has stopped with the 3rd degree but mostly because my schedule hasn't been as busy with dates recently. I think it will likely start up again as I have some new women in rotation again.

Robin
Met two weekends ago at a club. Spotted her sitting down and had my eye on her. Eventually we danced for most of the night as she complained about how young I am and then I stayed with her while her and her friends closed the club down. She is 30 and throws a lot of resistance my way but I was for the most part indifferent. Ended up walking around a bit before we made out in an alley. Then we get hot and heavy in her car before we head back to my place and do the deed. She spends the night and then leaves in the morning.

We have kept in contact via text since then but I am not seeing her as a top tier potential for some reason I can't grasp. Intelligent with a corporate job but I haven't felt that urgency to make time for her.

Megan
Went clubbing this weekend and met a girl at the club. Saw her jocking me out of the corner of my eye after we danced together and I started talking to a different girl. Eventually I sat down and talked for a bit before she asked for my #. 24 years old with great style.

The next day, we hang out by the lake which is fricking amazing and I can't believe I haven't had a date there sooner. The weather really got hot over the past weekend and so it was a beautiful night. We walk around Hyde Park afterwards and make out on a deserted street. Then we grab some ice cream and talk for another hour or so before we head back to her place and things got hot and heavy. She is artistic and has layers to her which I really dig....I still am not interested in anything long term or exclusive though.

In my head I already have ideas on dates we can go on, whereas in the past, I usually lose interest after the first date. With that said, I am not as interested in meeting her family or other things that are synonymous with extensively hanging out. She likes to talk over the phone, while I do not (hence my 100 minutes per month phone plan). While typing this up she actually called me and we talked on the phone for 30 minutes although it felt like the conversation was running out of steam 10 minutes in. I like hanging out with her so far but I am not interested in discussing mundane days at work on a daily basis.

Life is hectic right now. I really wonder how much free time people have who juggle multiple females in their lives.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kicked it with Robin over the weekend, she is cool but too clingy. She cornered me asking the last time I had sex and then complained about how I should only fvck her. It felt like a bootleg version of those southwest commercials that end an awkward scene with wanna get away?

I had to dead Megan. Slept over her crib 2x last week but both times I ended up bored and wondering whether we really have stuff in common. The last time I slept over I woke up the following morning to her playing The Preacher's Wife on her computer and seriously thought of running out screaming. Instead I slowly got my sh!t together and left after 10-15 mins. She texted me the next day saying that she didn't think it would work out. Personally I was gonna never call/text her again but 'breaking up' via text is fine with me too.

Mackenzie is falling off too recently. She hit me up when I was spending the night at Robin's over the weekend so I didn't respond but when I hit her up the next day, she went ghost on me. It is very unlike her and it would suck for her to fall off coz she is hella cool but reading AJ's Summer journal reminded me that new women are just around the corner.

In fact, I want to start sarging again and get some new/more chicks in rotation. Right now, my success rate of turning a random chick into a plate has been high but my overall attempt rate has been extremely low. I will redouble my efforts in the upcoming days. It is just so hard trying to find time to type all of the interactions on the website

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hitting a rough patch right now in my dating life. Of course, my dating life still feel 10x better than it used to be, but I had a time when I was easily juggling with indifference but now feelings are involved and I am losing plates left and right. Here is the most recent standings in the merry go round of relationships in my life.

Mackenzie
Last weekend we arranged to hang out at her place on a Friday night. Normally I would be out with the fellas or doing my own thing but I had been missing Mackenzie and wanted to see her. Truth be told, she had been withdrawing her attention from me and I could feel it. In the past few weeks, she went from the girl who would respond within 20 mins and would almost always invite me over after she/I went clubbing; to the girl who texts back when I call or doesn't respond to texts until late the next morning.

From the get-go of me going to her house, she was really stand offish. Before I even got there, she initially tried to cancel the hangout altogether because she was tired and just woke up from a nap. I told her I was already on my way and so she said I might as well come through if I am already on my way.

When I got there, she was clearly not feeling it. She was nowhere near as affectionate as she usually is and seemed nervous as well. Like if I sat next to her on the couch, she would move to the chair. Also, she kept checking her phone and subtle things that she normally doesn't do.

Later on we are in bed and I start making moves and she stops me and says she has a confession that she started seeing someone else and wants to slow things down between us to give her other relationship a chance.

That hit me like a ton of bricks.

All the signs were there looking back and it isn't so much the fact that she is seeing other people that bothers me (although it definitely is in the back of my mind now) but what really gets to me is that I feel like I was being replaced. She said that she still wants to see me and for me to be a part of her life but to paraphrase I was a fwob aka a friend without benefits (smh).

Laying in someone's bed that no longer wants to be close to you is a sucky feeling I haven't felt in years... being so close to someone yet so far away. Gaaaaaay!

My mind is going 100 miles a minute and keeps driving head first into the brick wall that had been put up between us. I contemplate getting dressed and leaving her house even though it is like two in the morning, but I reeled in the reactionary, 'make-a-statement' response that has spoiled enough of my past relationships. I was feeling emotionally drained but we talk for a bit about our personal relationship and the situation in general. Here I get out of my head just long enough to notice inconsistencies between the conclusion I am jumping to (she wants me out of the picture) and the actions she has taken (initially agreeing for me to come over, being in her bed, etc). Then, I realize that this isn't a girl that wants to be done with me, this a girl that has a new option in her life and hasn't made a decision yet.

I tell my mind to shut the fvck up just long enough to kiss her and one thing leads to another and before I know it, we are back to being affectionate towards each other for the rest of the night and the next morning before she heads to work.

Her attitude towards me improved for the next few days and she starts sending text and reaching out to me, but I was still salty about almost being replaced so I don't respond really. Striking while the iron was hot would have told me that now was the time to pull out all of the stops here, but I was too stuck in my own head to notice how I could have pulled her back in my corner here.

After thinking about the situation for days, eventually, around mid-week, I text her that I thought about it and if she wants, then we should try being just be friends for a bit to see if her new interest develops into something else. It was one of the texts where after I hit the send button, I realize that I might never see this person again. Felt petty but at the same time liberating. She replies that she doesn't want to be just friends.

Breakdown
I like her a lot and she has been the most consistent plate in my life but I felt like when a plate is ready to put me on the backburner and redefine our relationship so drastically, it is probably time to start looking for a new top plate. However I heard an opinion about relationships that pointed out that most people don't just stop liking each other out of the blue, but rather one person stops trying or doesn't bring to the table what they used to, and the dynamic of the relationship changes.

I took her for granted towards the most recent times we hang out. Not responding at all when I was with other girls, refusing to do stuff with her that I thought might be uninteresting, and stuff like that. Most importantly though, I realize that I was not listening to her and giving her what she wants. I feel like I am a great listener and I still listen to her when she speaks but I haven't been reading in between the lines and giving her what is unspoken or unsaid.

I am not sure if my current biases are affecting how I viewed the past but I feel like I had a chance to be in a relationship with Mackenzie but was chasing skirts. The goal of dating was/is to find someone I click and have fun with so that I can have a healthy relationship when I get maried. Spinning plates is the way to achieve that goal, NOT the goal itself. If things fizzle out with Mackenzie, at least I came away with that valuable lesson.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kelly

I know that I said before that me and her are history like the American Civil War so you are probably wondering what she is doing in my journal. It all started about 2-3 few weekends ago...

I went solo to the club and was standing a table waiting for the crowd to arrive. Out of the corner of my eye, I spot a familiar face. I can't stop smiling as a I realize that it is Kelly. What are the odds, right? She is with a bunch of fellas...Like five dudes and her. I size up the interactions and none of them look like they are the new bf because most of them are acting like lames or too busy chasing skirts other skirts.

After sizing up the situation, I bring my attention back to my beer. I am right in her peripheral, so I know she will eventually 'spot' me so I sip and wait. A few minutes later, I get a tap on my arm to which I turn around and act surprised. We catch up with a 5-10 minute convo and she tells me to save a dance for her.

Later on, I hit the dancefloor and dance with a few girls. I distinctly remember grinding on one girl and spotting Kelly craning her neck around a cluster of clubbers to sneak a view of me.

As the night progresses, me and Kelly grind each other for a while. After that, I noticed the dudes from her entourage were the life of the party like my friends are on a good night: dancing with a lot of chicks and having a good time. We bump into each other a few times and the next thing I know, we are winging each other on new chicks and cracking jokes.

Things are going good although in the back of my mind, I noticed Kelley dancing with a specific guy from her entourage for a lot of dances that night. It is kinda getting to me a little but I know it is just the alcohol, and me wanting something I used to have only because someone else has it, so I try to steer clear from where she is dancing with dude.

While I am searching the club for a permanent distraction, a cute girl approaches me and says:

Girl: Hey you look just like a friend I have. We need to take a picture later
Macallik: Wow, you must have some really attractive, amazing friends!
Girl: *laughs*

We talk from there and the conversation flies back and forth. Alcohol tends to make club/bar conversations more interesting than they really are but we had banter and a back-and-forth that I enjoyed. During our conversation, a guy approaches. I noticed the guy as someone I saw earlier but can't remember much else about him. The girl informs me that he is a friend and she came with a group of guys.

I tell her that must be the new thing because I have a girl friend here right now who came with a group of guys as well. She asks about the friend and then I tell her and then she tells me that she KNOWS Kelly and that she (Jen) is actually part of that whole group. The dude who approached me and Jen is someone who was in the entourage earlier with Kelly, thaaat is where I recognize him. Jen must have been at the bar when I initially saw Kelly and so I didn't know she was with them.

Anyways, so me, Kelly and the guy friend who joined the convo come to the realization that we have much less than 6 degrees of separation. Here, the guy friend throws one of the subtlest c0ckblocks ever. He skips the small talk and, point blank, asks me if I ever fvcked Kelly... not in a jealous way, but in a 'are you really putting in work' way.

The alcohol, and the opportunity to beat on my chest makes me say yes, but instantly I realize that this is the wrong move to play in front of Kelly's friend, and so I back track from the statement with a poorly timed: "haha just playing"

Eventually me and Jen, move to the back of the club to talk. Along the way we just so happen to pass Kelly and the friend from the entourage that she has been dancing provocatively with. While holding hands with Jen, I smile and wave as I walk past the two. Another wrong move.

After that, Jen says it feels like I am flaunting her in front of Kelly to make Kelly jealous, and how her and Kelly are cool and she doesn't want to mess up their relationship. I reassure her that me and Kelly are done, and we spend literally 40 minutes dancing and talking in a quiet corner of the club. In the club that is like an eternity.

She keeps telling herself out loud what a bad friend she is being right now but we are still having a great time gelling together. A few times, some guys from the entourage come up to say hello and or check up on us, but they would eventually leave and we would dance cheek to cheek in between the back-and-forth convo. I try to steal a kiss to which our lips graze before she could turn away completely and she chides me though a part of her clearly welcomed the advance.

I grab the digits after initial hesitation on her part, and then the club closes and we head to the exit with her arm around my waist, and mines around her shoulders.

Outside, Kelly and the entourage of guys are waiting for us. When they see us, Kelly goes, "Hey here is Jen and Macalliiiik" as if she was trying to sound cool with the situation but wasn't. I instantly let go of Jen and put some distance between the two of us. I didn't do this because I still have deep feelings for Kelly, but because I know the two are friends and also because I am not trying to 'get back' at Kelly and I know seeing me with her friend will lead to issues.

Jen completely leaves the entourage, likely to avoid the awkward situation that has formed, while I stay with them. (Another mistake?). When Jen does come back, I am getting ready to head home so I hug Kelly good bye and walk by Jen and squeeze her on the waist as I pass. (Another mistake?)

The next day, Kelly texts me that it was nice to see me. I text Jen but no response. I call her a few hrs later but no response. I am thinking of a voicemail to leave to salvage the situation when I get a text back from Jen. Turns out she had to go to work a few hrs after leaving the club and so she got home and went right to sleep.

We talk via text for about a week but she is a busy girl and when I invited her out she was busy and so I let her fall off the radar. When I texted her again recently, she didn't respond.

Kelly is who this entry is about and so the whole point of telling the story of a flake is that me and Kelley sent a message or two back and forth on facebook after all this happened. She has some of my stuff at her house that I left when she decided to get a boyfriend out of the blue. She invited me to her house under the guise of picking up my things but it is clearly an invitation to hang out again.

Breakdown
With Jen, I made three critical mistakes that clouded her judgement of me and likely led to second guessing me the next day. I shouldn't write her off yet but she isn't giving me the time of day to get to know her better or to hang, so there is not much I can do from here. Also, she lives in the burbs and doesn't have much spare time so it is an uphill battle.

Kelly's facebook page no longer shows her in a relationship, so if she's single I don't feel as guilty about having some fun that won't lead anywhere.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Robin
Nothing new to report here. She went away with family last week but might see her this upcoming weekend. We hang out occasionally and fvck. I don't see it going anywhere deeper, nor do I want it to go any deeper.

Megan
We texted each other here and there and she called me at like 2am when I was at the club last weekend. I didn't pick up and when I texted/called her back, she didn't pick up.

On facebook, it looks like she found someone new she is dating. I am indifferent overall. I know she can't be a top tier plate for me because we don't have a lot in common at all, but I wouldn't mind being friends that hang out and/or make out occasionally lol.

Amber
We met in the Spring last year. She has been away for school and stuff for an extended period of time but she is back in the city and she hit me up. We ended up going clubbing yesterday with friends and initially me and Amber were making out and caking it all night but towards the end, I acted like a lame. Got too emotional over some petty sh!t and it ruined my night.

We hadn't been too close when she was away so to be honest, my emotional response to Amber last night had less to do with what she did or how I feel about her, and more to do with the fact that it reminded me of my situation with Mackenzie. The fact that I am bringing negative sh!t from a different relationship is what prompted me to type some sh!t in the journal and figure out how to work through this so that one relationship that breaks down doesn't mess up any other current/future ones.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, after typing that all out, I feel a lot more confident about my ability to assess and attack the situation. There is light at the end of the tunnel :cheer:

I need to work on remaining focused in a relationship. When I get a chick... like when I know a chick will choose me over the next guy 99% of the time, I get content. When I get content, that 99% surety slowly but steadily drops until the next guy has a shot at taking her off my hands. I need to continue to illustrate value and why I am worth my weight in goal instead of just saying it verbally in jest.

My confidence has fluctuated as of late as well. It was higher than ever when I was adding girls to the rotation regularly. Now with a bit of misfortune, it is wavering slightly. It is only natural, but I need to remember to base my confidence outside of how many girls I can call on a Friday night that will pick up and want to hang out.

Speaking of confidence, I said it before and I'll say it again, I need to force myself to run some day game. Right now I have no issues maintaining a conversation with a female, but I talk myself out of the initial approach outside of the bar/club setting. Need to sort that sh!t out.

With all of these insights, I need to remember that I have come a long way. Before, I had issues talking to girls, then I had issues flaking, then I had issues with second and third dates. Now I am having issues with keeping top tier plates from falling off. I will figure this sh!t out. If not with the current girls in my life, then the next ones.

I also need to remember that I am not in the game to fvck as many girls as possible or to show off in front of other dudes. I want become better in relationships and find Mrs. Macallik.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick update for yall

Went clubbing the other weekend and got a # from a woman after we eyed each other and smiled at each other for a chunk of the night. Afterwards though, we went outside to talk and she wasn't as attractive as I thought so I am not using that number.

Friday
In an effort to expand my dating arena (and also just to do some interesting sh!t), after work I went to a meetup group that was having a discussion on dating. It was a thought-provoking convo. What was equally thought-provoking (of the day-dreaming variety) was the cute girl that attended the function.

She had short hair like Amber Rose, great teeth, and an interesting style overall. Plus at times while she was making a point, she had she had boobies that almost rested on the table. Really great ones. I had to force myself not to stare. During the night, I didn't get a vibe from her that she was feeling yours truly, but at the end of the night while everyone was mingling, I stood next to her and her friend and I got the impression that she was extremely aware of my presence. You know, like when a girl kinda gets caught up in her head about a situation and freezes up. I didn't get a chance to speak to her directly, but I will try to put in work on her during the next event.

After the meetup group, while walking to the bus stop I saw a decent looking chick. Smiled at her and she smiled back. Opened her and talked for a few minutes before I let her use my phone to call her friend and then I got the digits. Right now, I work with all women and shoot the sh!t with them 24/7 so my banter and C&F is through the roof. I do need to focus a bit better on directing a conversation where I want it to go, and also reading between the lines a little better.

Anyways, although I got the number I thought about it and I won't be using. I felt like we wouldn't have much in common other than me wanting to get my d!ck wet. If I am going to be with someone strictly to get my d!ck wet, they have to be dime status to make up for the times we aren't boning and I wish that I was not in a discussion about reality TV. The girl I got the # from, although fvckable, was not dime status. Also further evidence that suggest she isn't worth adding to the rotation is that the reason she needed to borrow my phone to make a call is because some dude broke her phone after going through her text messages. Don't need that kinda drama in my rotation.

I went to the club with friends after that. Nothing amazing as it was a slow night. A few dances and 1-2 approaches but no #s.

Slept over Robin's house after the club. She was not overly clingy but she asked too many question and wanted to cuddle the next morning which I am not really interested in doing with her nine times out of ten. Made tentative plans with her during the week.

Maria (new)
One (potential) new plate has entered my life. Maria. She is the new girl at my job and has sparked my interested. I know, I know. Don't sh!t where you eat. I might disregard that to make 40 hrs of my week a bit more enjoyable.

Anyways I was responsible for training her for a few days and we get along well. I noticed that she was giving me playful punches and the usual signs of interest. I started working in the subtle moves I haven't had to use since high school.

For example, grazing the target's thigh as I reach to put something in the trash can, or our hands touching briefly as I grab the mouse to show her something on the computer.. Ambiguous moves like that were the target asks, "Was that on purpose or not..." aren't in my repertoire nowadays because nowadays I meet women and get the # the first time we hang out, but back when I had an unlimited amount of time to gauge interest (and I was afraid to ask for #s or show interest) I used to do all types of things like that.

Before I knew it though, I was treating her like one of my regular plates in terms of kino. The subtle stuff went out the window and now I am patting her on the head in a condescending manner after she says something ditzy, flicking her hair as I walk by her cubicle, physically putting my hands on her and moving her if she is walking slowly, etc.

We have things in common but I don't think we are extreeemely compatible. She is a) religious and b) has never had an alcoholic beverage in her life. I don't think she could hang with my liquor-fueled festivities or my dating-for-the-sake-of-dating.

I already went to see her after work one day (not just me and her, she invited me to partake in a group event) and we will probably hang out outside of work again down the road. I'll keep yall posted.

More when it happens.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick Update

Dropped Mackenzie from my rotation. She was my top plate and I'd be lying if I said I haven't been a litle mopey as a result. I have lost the will to hang out with some of my other chicks because none of them were on her level so being with them just reinforces my desire for quality which I had.

I know you are probably asking, "Well why did you drop her then?". Well she pulled a 180 and I wasn't a priority in her life by any means when she found someone new. Sucks but that is putting the situation bluntly.

We had a talk over the phone for about an hour and I declined to hang out with her one last time (I had been attempting to hang out with her for 2-3 weeks prior to the convo). Some people just aren't built to date multiple people and so when the new toy has their attention they drop all the other ones. I don't hate her for it, but I know I might up doing so if I kept her in my life and she kept me as BF #2 so I used better judgement and deaded it.

Over the weekend, I went bar hopping with Kelly and then slept over her house. It did take my mind of Mackenzie but I still wanted to leave and go to my own bed as soon as I woke up.

Breakdown
I need to work on how I want this plate thing to work theoretically. It isn't the fact that Mackenzie was dating someone else that I had to ditch her but the fact that I wasn't a priority. However, as I type this out, I remember that when I first started hanging out with Kelly, Mackenzie took a back burner for like a month. Instead of throwing down the gauntlet and ending the relationship, I should have played the backseat and given her space to reach her own conclusion or miss me. I forced the hand of someone who was losing attraction instead of fanning the flames. Seduction 101. D'oh

I think I was mostly frustrated with the fact that she literally verbalized that she wanted to cool things down for a bit even if she backtracked from the statement later and that was a major blow. For future quality plates, I want to communicate how I feel about them and try to satisfy them however I can so they are content with me and do not going falling in love with the next nigga. I need to keep things tight with great dates and conversation throughout the relationship instead of just initially to make them fall for me. If I do not, they will start searching for what we initially had elsewhere.

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:
Quick Update

Dropped Mackenzie from my rotation. She was my top plate and I'd be lying if I said I haven't been a litle mopey as a result. I have lost the will to hang out with some of my other chicks because none of them were on her level so being with them just reinforces my desire for quality which I had.

I know you are probably asking, "Well why did you drop her then?". Well she pulled a 180 and I wasn't a priority in her life by any means when she found someone new. Sucks but that is putting the situation bluntly.

We had a talk over the phone for about an hour and I declined to hang out with her one last time (I had been attempting to hang out with her for 2-3 weeks prior to the convo). Some people just aren't built to date multiple people and so when the new toy has their attention they drop all the other ones. I don't hate her for it, but I know I might up doing so if I kept her in my life and she kept me as BF #2 so I used better judgement and deaded it.

Over the weekend, I went bar hopping with Kelly and then slept over her house. It did take my mind of Mackenzie but I still wanted to leave and go to my own bed as soon as I woke up.

Breakdown
I need to work on how I want this plate thing to work theoretically. It isn't the fact that Mackenzie was dating someone else that I had to ditch her but the fact that I wasn't a priority. However, as I type this out, I remember that when I first started hanging out with Kelly, Mackenzie took a back burner for like a month. Instead of throwing down the gauntlet and ending the relationship, I should have played the backseat and given her space to reach her own conclusion or miss me. I forced the hand of someone who was losing attraction instead of fanning the flames. Seduction 101. D'oh

I think I was mostly frustrated with the fact that she literally verbalized that she wanted to cool things down for a bit even if she backtracked from the statement later and that was a major blow. For future quality plates, I want to communicate how I feel about them and try to satisfy them however I can so they are content with me and do not going falling in love with the next nigga. I need to keep things tight with great dates and conversation throughout the relationship instead of just initially to make them fall for me. If I do not, they will start searching for what we initially had elsewhere.
It's great to see your still at it. I really think your a great writer (no cawk riding) I've said it plenty of times before. Personally I'd like to see you do your own blog. This forum doesnt carter to the writer anymore and the blog world would appericate your tales, just ask rollo and just saying

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Solo. I thought about making my own blog before but I reckon that SS has taught me a lot and so I owe it to the forum to stay here as I work through parts of my game and reach realizations.

Yes, SS can be a bit ridiculous at times, but writing down my thoughts and mentally breaking things down always takes a load of my shoulders regardless of where I post it. Hopefully in the process I help someone get out there and enjoy life in the same way that Slickster's journal did back in the day.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Met up with friends after work yesterday and got some day approaches in. The approaches were partially fueled by liquor so it is not but it was still nice to get out there and feel proactive regarding females during the day time.

Most of the girls walking downtown were actually too young so I didn't approach as much as I would have liked. I did approach some very attractive females though that my head said 'she is out of league' and my feet said 'shut the fvck up and think of something witty to say'

I think all of them were instant rejections but no crash and burns. I will try and get some more day approaches in this weekend but I cannot guarantee that alcohol will not be involved as I kick back and enjoy summertime Chicago.

More when it happens.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plate Update
Maria:
She is not as spinnable of a plate as I thought. Overheard her speaking to a coworker the other day and she has too many suitors so giving her my attention is not a good investment of my time. She has found a niche that makes her coveted for by inserting herself into a male-heavy scene and being the only female present 90% most times. It is pretty tight and logical game if I do say so myself.

With that said, I have no interest in throwing my hat in the ring for a slice of the pie. By losing Mackenzie, Maria was the only potential quality chick in my life so I held her at perhaps a higher esteem than she probably deserved. At most, I had pangs of jealous when she stopped giving attention to me and started giving it to others at the job. Out of sight = out of mind for her though, so as I get some new girls in rotation, I will completely forget about her.

Friday
I hit up an Art Gallery with imaginemypotential and some friends on Friday. It was a nice crowd, black professionals and various hipsters of all creeds. The majority of the females were slightly older than my target age range which I did find intimidating, but the more I drank from the open bar, the less I seemed to care for some strange reason.

There was one girl I had my eye on. Light skinned, cuuuute smile, pretty face overall. My friend was interested in her friend too so it looked destined to be. However there was some miscommunication on the approach: I didn't realize that he wanted to approach when he got close to the group and so a different friend ended up winging him and got the # for the target. However, the friend who got the # from my target wasn't super interested because he has a main girl at the moment so I planned to approach her later after I got the OK from him.

I ended up opening this 3-set in the meantime. There was a cute friend I had my eye on, but the less attractive friend was the first to turn and respond when I opened so I ended up talking to her for a good 10 mins or so. Her friend actually readjusted herself to be looking directly at me so I felt like I could have transitioned over to her, but then my friend ended up approaching her and he got blown out so that killed my chances i think.

My friend eventually ejected and two of the girls relocated. The female I was talking to stayed with me to continue our discussion but I told her that it was nice to meet her and I gotta catch my friends and she drifted back to her friends, hesitating oh-so-slightly as if to give me a chance to get her number. No point in giving her false hope of waiting by the phone and I don't need practice in # closing nowadays so I kept it moving.

I kept my eye on the girl my friend got the # from. She was flirting with a few guys and actually looked interested in a few of them. Eventually I saw my opportunity and struck. Conversation was actually going well. I remember a few minutes in, she actually asked if we could go over to the corner so that she can hear me better. Any time a chick offers to isolate the two of us, I think that is a very positive sign.

We are talking, and then she says she has to find her friends. Her friend actually finds us before she leaves but after talking to her friend she still goes off somewhere else. She explains that she has to touch bases with some of her other friends as well and asks what am I doing later because she is going to XYZ afterwards.

I tell her I would like to go to XYZ and that I will stay put and wait for her. However, immediately after saying that, I felt like a lame and left the spot I was at. Too much free vodka impaired my judgement here I think. Anyways eventually I bump into her in a different area a few minutes later but the offer to go to XYZ seemed to be rescinded as she tells me she is going and I get her number. She called my phone and then I told her to leave a voicemail of something to remember her by but she declines and ejects.

She got a few numbers and options so I am not looking into her too much. I will give her a call later today.

Saturday
Yesterday I was hanging downtown with friends and we decided to walk through The Taste as it was ending. Thanks to a combination of Captain Morgan and Mountain Dew (or Morgan Mountain as I like to call it), I was down for the cause in a major way. After some initial stalling on my part, me and a friend got into that mode were we are just approaching everything that is cute. Not a lot to show for it, but the experience I can store for when I have AA in the future.

As for the approaches themselves, I was piggybacking onto a lot of his sets initially but he has such a direct, canned approach that most times he was in the process of being blown out by the time I got there and couldn't salvage anything. FWIW, most of the girls there were either too young and therefore not worth an approach, or they were clearly older than us, and instantly give us sh!t for being too young.

Ended up getting one number. While walking by, I made eye contact witha cutie and and flashed the pearly whites. She lit up like a Christmas tree. My friend was about 30 feet behind me, in the process of being blown out of a set, so I stopped and waited for him to eject and catch up to me. I started walking back slowly and the girl took this as a sign that I was going to approach her and she peeled away from her group slightly so I went in and opened her and got the digits.

Later on, while walking up and down North Michigan opening sets that were lingering downtown after the event, I spotted a female walking alone and got ready for an approach. She was walking towards me and about to pass me, so I got in front of her and started walking backwards and opened her with a big smile. Then I turned the right way eventually and jumped into the conversation. She was from Detroit and visiting the Taste for the holidays. She had just gotten into an argument with her brother and was walking back to the hotel.

We got to talking and after 20 mins later of slow walking/waiting at stop lights, we reached her hotel before we proceeded to talk for another 20 mins at the entrance. We made plans to meet up again and go out for a drink after she got something to eat at the hotel and I went home to change.

I go home and throw on some clubbing-friendly attire and head back out. By the time I arrive, I call/text and she doesn't answer. I wait 20 mins, call again and still nothing so I leave and head to a clubbing district.

Had a weak night at the clubs because the clubs were on some racist sh!t were if you were black, nothing you had on was good enough. Plus, I know that Mackenzie liked to club in the area so I was kinda keeping an eye out for potentially running into her.

Get home and get a text from the Detroit chick. She said something about taking a nap and not waking up. Whether it is a lie or not is irrelevant, the results are still the same. No hard feelings because the role she had in my life is just to remind me that things can progress from 0->100 pretty quickly if you game properly. Meeting up for drinks with an out-of-towner on her last night = fvcking. So even though it didn't happen, I feel like it was a lot closer than I thought and so I can pat myself on the back about that.

One thing to work on looking back is tackling dating/relationships/feelings better during the conversation. We talked for 40 minutes to an hour but it was mostly work and experiences growing up. Both are great topics of discussion to build rapport, but if she is only here for a night, I need to be focused more on attraction and getting her hot and bothered. Also, I should have used more kino as a result.

Now that I think about it, I should have just taken advantage of the bar that the hotel had and told her to meet me there after she had eaten instead of going home and getting changed and heading back her way. The point of us hanging is not to explore the city, but to get her interested in a good ole fashioned game of hide my sausage in whatever hole it fits in. Good approach though, reminded me a bit of when I met Rudy back in the day.

More when it happens

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:
Both are great topics of discussion to build rapport, but if she is only here for a night, I need to be focused more on attraction and getting her hot and bothered. Also, I should have used more kino as a result.

Now that I think about it, I should have just taken advantage of the bar that the hotel had and told her to meet me there after she had eaten instead of going home and getting changed and heading back her way. The point of us hanging is not to explore the city, but to get her interested in a good ole fashioned game of hide my sausage in whatever hole it fits in.
Don't be ridiculous now. If she is really cute and you guys have chemistry, she would be the perfect plate. Detroit is a very, very cheap train ride or even plane ride away. Get her to the point where she is wanting to come see you one or two weekends a month... perfect plate.

Open your mind here.

You are welcome.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think she is dating someone back in Detroit and when I went to my house to get changed, she talked herself out of seeing me again. I'll see if I can get her in rotation but it is hard enough seeing girls who live in the burbs so I won't be upset if she falls wayward and expect it to happen as such

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lindsey
Lindsey is the girl that me and my friend got digits from last week Friday. I gave her a call on Monday and we had a conversation for like 45 minutes over the phone. We come from a similar background and the conversation flowed freely. She definitely showed a lot of potential.

The next day, I called her during my lunch hour to invite her to this outdoor movie showing nearby. She accepted but later said she going to be running late and would not make it. However she did counteroffer me with an event that was two days later.

The next day she texts me the address of the event. I attempt to make conversation via text but she is hitting me with one word answers and the likes. Meh

On the day of the event, I arrive about 30 minutes later than I anticipated and she is nowhere to be seen. Based on her previous ambiguous behavior, I decided not to text her, instead I chill and grab a drink. If she flakes completely, I won't let it ruin my night.

After chilling with a beer or two about 20 minutes, I spot her and a female friend entering the building. I act like I don't see her and relax/drink at the bar. She talks to a few guys but eventually, she spots me from across the bar and gets my attention. I smile and wave and then walk over to her.

She is receptive, she initiates conversation during lulls, she keeps rubbing up next to me subtly while we talk, etc. Also, the friend was cool as well. After a few minutes, Lindsey sees someone that she simply has to talk to and leaves to talk to them, so I talk to the friend.

Lindsey comes back and we talk for a bit longer before where she is receptive again before she excuses herself and her friend to talk to some other people. They come back after a few minutes and then Lindsey sees someone else she wants to talk to and leaves again.

Basically this continued for the majority of the night. Some of the friends were girls but it was mostly guys. It wasn't even she networking though. I literally felt like I was an ex that she was trying to make jealous. It surprised me to be honest because she seemed so indifferent the last few days.

If this journal was posted in the "Mature Man" subforum, this is the part where I would call her a Hor, say she has BPD, harp about American women being sh!t, quote Tom Leykis and then blame feminism and women being able to vote.

However, this is not in that section and so I am looking for solutions instead of excuses. I had been in similar situations before. I never really handled the previous situations with tact, but experience is a great teacher and so at least I knew what NOT to do lol.

Basically I talked to the friend as if I was cool as a cucumber and Lindsey would return to us and butt back into the conversation slightly sore that her presence didn't appear to be missed.

Towards the end of the night, Lindsey was past tipsy. She was flirting with her coworkers with playful hitting and all of that but what is interesting is that whenever she was talking to me, she starts attempting to build rapport with me. She starts asking me what type of girls do I like, what I think of her, and other real relationship-y questions.

We get interrupted by something and she tells me that we will have plenty of time to finish the discussion on the car ride home. We start talking again and mid-convo, she playfully reaches out and hits a coworker walking by and he stops and talks to her. I dip out and get some approaches (all rejections lol).

The club closes down and she literally stands outside, flirts with some random dude in front of me and gets his number. I just kinda sat there looking at nothing in particular while I waited for my date/ride home to finish typing her # into someone's phone.

Eventually we hop in the car and her friend points out that she lives further away than I do, but Lindsey says it doesn't matter and that she is dropping off the friend first.

After dropping off the friend, Lindsey instantly switches into insecure female mode and bombards me with what I can only describe as an internal dialogue without a filter. Part of it went something like "What do you think of me? You can be honest. Do you like me? Do you think I am crazy now? I'm sorry about today and I didn't mean to..."

She starts asking me about what kinda girls I like, how many sexual partners I've had, etc. We pull up to my house and are parked outside and she gets another insecure speech going again. I tell her not to worry and that it was an ok night and it was nice to meet her before I extend my hand for a cordial goodbye. She starts to complain about our night ending so abruptly and I tell her I was just kidding and that she can come inside and hang for a bit. That was my intentions all along but I just wanted to gauge where she was some more I guess.

We get inside and talk about her family and a bit about her life for like 15-20 minutes. She doesn't come from a healthy family background from what she told me and so that would explain why she does what she does. She talked about how she hates opening up to people and how guys are only after one thing and they are stupid and she is done with guys, etc.

We were sitting at the table and I sit on the floor and then invite her to join me to get some kino going but she does not sit close. After a bit, I tell her I am going to sleep and to come to my bedroom with me. She protests and says that she isn't sleeping in the bed of a guy she just met and she will sleep upstairs. I convince her to sleep downstairs and that I won't try anything. I am a man of my word and so I don't touch her or anything and doze off.

I wake up after a few minutes (or hours?) and my d!ck is hard. Yeah, fvck that sh!t I said before. I roll her over and start playing with her hair and caressing her arms and sh!t. She seems receptive. I spin her around and start spooning and she goes from hot -> cold in a heartbeat, gets up and goes upstairs to sleep.

I think about writing her off and kicking her out of my house but that is a low percentage move when I think about it and I no longer take rejection as an insult to me like I used to. To me nowadays, it is like a problem that I can solve if I just keep my feelings and ego out of it.

I go back upstairs and lay next to her and talk a little more. I posted an excerpt of the conversation below that I think sizes up her in a nutshell:

Macallik: Let's play 21 questions... Well it is getting a little late? Are you feeling tired? Maybe we should just go to sleep.
Lindsey: If we play 21 questions then fine if not then it's whatever, I really don't care.
Macallik: Look, do you want to play the game. Yes or no?
Lindsey: .... yes
Macallik: *starts playing the game*

She wanted to play the game and she always wanted to play the game. However, when there was a hint of doubt as to whether the game would take place, her words and actions turn aggressive and indifferent so she doesn't look like she is emotionally interested. The guy is always in the lead with this type, but she presents the options in such an aggressive manner that an insecure guy will take it personally and get blown out. Then, her defense mechanism gets validation and she pats herself on the back for not being (or not appearing to be) emotionally invested as the guy 'proved' himself unworthy.

This small conversation gave me context for her actions as a whole.

But yeah, we talk a bit but she starts drifting off and so I head downstairs and get like an hour of sleep before I wake up for work. I pick her up and carry her to my bed while I get ready and then I wake her up and she leaves. We haven't spoken since.

Breakdown
It doesn't take a genius to realize that she is not top plate material. With that said, I am kind of torn on how I want to proceed. Here are the options I have so far:

a) Keep trying to fvck her: I still want to have sex with her and help her through some sh!t. I guess I still got a little Captain Save-a-Ho in me. With that said, I know for a fact that I would never get into an exclusive relationship with her and I am relatively certain that if I were to improve her life while my actions tell her she is still not good enough for an exclusive relationship, she will be crushed and 2x as crazy
b) LJBF her and turn her into a pivot: This is a tactic I read a lot about back in the day from a different forum. Basically, I turn the chick into someone I go to events with for social proof to make potential targets jealous or more aware of me prior to the approach. Not sure this will work because Lindsey has displayed signs that she likes me but her insecurities get in the way. If I LJBF her so she helps me with new chicks and she actually likes me, this is likely to end up very messily
c) Drop her completely: If I had more steady chicks in my rotation, this would be a viable option. Unfortunately, I have a few chicks that give me attention but none I really want attention from unless I am inebriated and hoooorny.

Let me know what you think.

More when it happens

Last edited:

Juan Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
Breakdown
It doesn't take a genius to realize that she is not top plate material. With that said, I am kind of torn on how I want to proceed. Here are the options I have so far:

a) Keep trying to fvck her: I still want to have sex with her and help her through some sh!t. I guess I still got a little Captain Save-a-Ho in me. With that said, I know for a fact that I would never get into an exclusive relationship with her and I am relatively certain that if I were to improve her life while my actions tell her she is still not good enough for an exclusive relationship, she will be crushed and 2x as crazy

i've experienced girls who you invest your time in to be captain save-a-ho (even just as friends) not care for you anymore. they drop you while they're self-esteem is up. if you don't care about that then i guess keep trying to fuk her haha

c) Drop her completely: If I had more steady chicks in my rotation, this would be a viable option. Unfortunately, I have a few chicks that give me attention but none I really want attention from unless I am inebriated and hoooorny.

for me i'd go with this. why waste your energy? there are plenty of women out there that will give you their attention. just go out more increase your chances of finding one or several haha. based on your entire story she seems to just want to be friends with you if you said she was getting numbers and flirting with other dudes in front of you.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good call Juan Don. You were right on the money. Last week I tried to set a date and got hit with a response about being too aggressive and her not wanting to see me anymore. I definitely can be aggressive when I want to be but this wasn't one of those occasions. Her perception of the night was different from reality to the point where I was kinda concerned about how she views her interactions with the opposite sex. I actually dodged a bullet by her not wanting to see me again.

The question you asked, "Why waste your energy" has been bouncing around in my head. The conclusion I reached is that I am anxious to have someone by my side I can go on dates with when I find something interesting to do. Even if we aren't compatible, we can still have that small moments together before it blows up or I can't stand her I suppose.

She was not someone I would emotionally invest in but I still wouldn't mind finding out more about her. I am indifferent about her leaving my life but I was a little frustrated about losing a potential plate.

Last Sunday
Went out last week Sunday and fooled around with some chicks that were met outside the club after it closed. My target ended up being too young so I didn't attempt to get a phone number. Still got some makeout action and sucked on some titties.

Thursday
Went to a fashion/talent/free alcohol show with the one-man wolfpack. It's been a while since I was solo in this environment and I was rusty. Ended up spending most of the night standing around and shot myself in the foot with an interested chick.

After the spot ended, I went to The Shrine nightclub which was free. I talked to a 50 year old and her daughter at the spot. 50 year old was fvckable but the vibe wasn't there. It was more like a conversation between friends than anything with any sexual friction.

There was a group of girls dancing that I attempted to get eye contact with for most of the night but never approached. When they left, I started approaching females and ended up going 0/5. The important thing was that I approached and have things I can work on.

Saturday
I went to Wicker Park Fest. Mostly all young chicks which is weak. One decent set that I slept on. They wanted to continue hanging out when the festival ended. They had their own place so things could have ended up there eventually but my mind was turned off and I wasn't seeing the forest for the trees. I didn't take them up on their offer to continue hanging out and didn't number close.

Yeah, I wasn't in the right mindset. Also I had a friend that kept jumping into my sets and twitter closing my approaches which irritated the fvck out of me. There was no love connection and I wasn't probably ever going to speak to the females again but at the same time, I can't work on my skills if dude keeps jumping in to get his followers up. As a sidenote, it is kinda sad how the current generation is more interested in creating a false representation of relationships through the amount of followers they have instead of creating real relationships when they have the opportunity to do so. C'est la vie. Somehow I can exploit this for my own benefit, will think about it one day

After this, I went to Wrigleyville for a friend's birthday. Had an overall uninteresting night. No numbers and some females borrowed my $10 wooden chain in the club to wear it and then 'misplaced' it and couldn't find it anymore. Really pissed me the fvck off. I am like 60% sure that she put it in her purse but there isn't sh!t I can do in that situation. Some chicks disappeared after wearing my hat a few weeks ago as well. No mas with that sh!t.

Rough week overall. Typing this out has made me notice that it wasn't as terrible as it felt during Saturday late-night. I went on a tear a few month ago and was adding plates with ease and getting panties with ease. It doesn't always work like that. When it doesn't, I need to refocus on my hobbies and make sure my game is constantly getting better. I noticed that I have some negative thoughts popping up that were non-existent a few months ago. I gotta cancel that sh!t like Nino.

Breakdown
Actually had a pretty productive week of getting out there and being social. No new plates to show for it but so we go sometimes. Based on my responses from females in the past week, I need to work on the following

- Having positive expectations before I approach: nothing to gain by being a negative Nancy
- A playful conversation and attitude: Don't go too deep but at the same time, don't make everything a punchline
- Remember to cold read so that you have ideas where to take the conversation that is likely to strike a chord
- Reread articles on conversing so that I don't stall out after a minute or two: Guide the conversation where you want it to go whether that is sex or relationships or whatever.

More when it happens

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mackenzie
Becoming #2 because I got slack in my game was a blow to my ego and our relationship. I was bitter about it, but now I believe I am in a place where I can have her in my life again.

Coming home last week Saturday I texted Mackenzie. She hit me back Monday and we kicked it after work for drinks and then fooled around drunkenly although we didn't go back to her place.

It was nice to hang with her and will probably do it again but she is no longer top tier plate potential simply for the fact that she doesn't hold me as top plate potential. She still takes forever to respond compared to back in the day but that won't bother me once I get some new chicks in rotation.

Amber
She is back in town so we might kick it again. Kinda indifferent after our last hang out. Might kick it just to kill time but emotionally detached from the situation.

Megan
I randomly invited her to a fashion show I heard about. She didn't show up but she did counteroffer me to a day party she was throwing. I ended up not going to her party today but I might try to set something up in the future.

I am cool with being just friends with her, but I also get the feeling that after she finally got what she wanted (rekindled a romantic relationship with an ex that was engaged to the chick he dated after Megan) she doesn't want it anymore.

She is always on social media networks talking about her bf and how she found the right one, but when I talked to her on the phone a month or so ago, she sounded less than ecstatic that her whole life might be planned out now. I'll just make myself available and if she is interested then it is on.

Robin
She got tired of being a booty call and told me no mas late night rendezvous and the next time we hang out will be a date. Basically she is holding her pvssy ransom. Not interested in taking things further so I haven't hit her up.

Breakdown
Mackenzie is back in my life but basically I am in the exact same situation as a month ago. I have chicks I am indifferent about, and one chick indifferent about me. The solution is so fvcking simple.. All I have to do is meet new women and add the quality ones to rotation.

At first I typed out that I have been lazy but that is not giving myself any credit. I have been exploring the city more than ever this summer and my success was clear up until a month or so ago. However, one thing I need to refocus on is approaching dating with a bit more structure again.

I need to consciously remind myself that the point of going out is not:
a) To get drunk
b) To look cool
c) To grind on chicks

The goal I have when I go to bars and block parties, malls and movies, is to meet attractive females and convey value to get them interested. Granted, all of the options above can aid me in getting pvssy, but it is important to note that they are merely options to help achieve a final goal, they are not the goal themselves.

Another thing I have overlooked is that I don't need a special event to convey value to a female. Just because I can pay $20 to meet a woman in a club doesn't mean that I won't be as successful talking it in line at the grocery store.

In fact, I will start hanging out downtown after work 1-2 days a week to ensure that I create opportunities. Also I will start detailing my day game approaches for critique and to motivate me to follow through on them.

More when it happens

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sunday
I hung out downtown with friends and opened a few sets. One of note was when I saw this cutie walking down North Michigan Ave by herself. I had saw her earlier and didn't approach. This time, I ran across the street and when I was next to her, I went:

macallik: *clears throat and then shows a big toothy grin*
Girl: *looks and sees me and smiles* Cute way to start a conversation

We walk and talk:

macallik: I think I saw you like 5 blocks south earlier. So what are you doing walking allll the way up and down North Michigan? Looking for cute guys to talk to? *smile*
Girl: Oh you saw me before? I just came back from hanging with a friend. He was out here visiting me and I just dropped him off at the airport.
macallik: Awww. And they say chivalry is dead.
Girl: *chuckles*

A few minutes of talking and:

Girl: What do you want from me?
macallik: I saw you earlier and thought that you were cute. I got a second chance and decided to talk to you this time. I want to get to know you and see if we are compatible
Girl: Why did you approach me?
macallik: Hmmm... I thought you looked interesting and attractive.
girl: OK well... why do you find me interesting?
macallik: hmmm. Well I saw you walking at the Lollapalloza entrance and there aren't too many African American chicks over there
girl: *laughs*
macallik: haha. But yeah, I saw you and I thought that it was interesting that you were going to Lolla because that means you might have different tastes and experiences and viewpoints on life than the average girl from Chicago. I think you might be a unique kinda person and want to get to know you better.
Girl:........... *barely audible* Good answer

I find out that she has lived outside the US but has lived in Chicago on and off for a few years. I bust on her for not knowing how to get around the city and we talk some more. Eventually:

Girl: I don't want to take you from your friends too long. How about I get your number and we'll talk later.
macallik: OK it is 773...
Girl: Ok. my phone is about to die but I will hit you up later.

One week later and she did not call me or text me but I still enjoyed the set. I will never figure out why she didn't call but there is no point stressing when a good set doesn't pan out. What I do know is if I keep my sets going like that, I will be adding a sh!tload of new chicks to the rotation in no time.

Monday
Hung with Mackenzie after work and then rented a movie and slept over her house.

Rest of the week so far
Haven't done anything outside of work. Actually don't hate my job nowadays. The fact that there are currently two new cute girls helps a little.

One is Dionne, a 30 year old with a boyfriend. We have these long-flowing conversations about media, music, gender and whatever else, sprinkled with Pop Culture references that normally don't hit their mark in regular conversations.

The other is a Ella. When I first saw her I thought she was in her late 20s but I recently found out she hasn't even turned 21 yet. We hadn't talked about anything of substance until yesterday but the banter back and forth until then has been fun as well. She initiated kino a few times and gives me attention throughout the day. Two problems though: 1) She is friends with Maria who I have become indifferent to. I used to go out of my way to talk to her, but now we go days without acknowledging each other. Sometimes I still get the feeling Maria might have some underlying feelings for me. The number two concern about Ella? She has a fiancee.

I won't be forcing the issue with any of the girls but if I feel like I am getting a green light I might make a move.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
macallik said:
Sunday
I hung out downtown with friends and opened a few sets. One of note was when I saw this cutie walking down North Michigan Ave by herself. I had saw her earlier and didn't approach. This time, I ran across the street and when I was next to her, I went:

macallik: *clears throat and then shows a big toothy grin*
Girl: *looks and sees me and smiles* Cute way to start a conversation

We walk and talk:

macallik: I think I saw you like 5 blocks south earlier. So what are you doing walking allll the way up and down North Michigan? Looking for cute guys to talk to? *smile*
Girl: Oh you saw me before? I just came back from hanging with a friend. He was out here visiting me and I just dropped him off at the airport.
macallik: Awww. And they say chivalry is dead.
Girl: *chuckles*

A few minutes of talking and:

Girl: What do you want from me?
macallik: I saw you earlier and thought that you were cute. I got a second chance and decided to talk to you this time. I want to get to know you and see if we are compatible
Girl: Why did you approach me?
macallik: Hmmm... I thought you looked interesting and attractive.
girl: OK well... why do you find me interesting?
macallik: hmmm. Well I saw you walking at the Lollapalloza entrance and there aren't too many African American chicks over there
girl: *laughs*
macallik: haha. But yeah, I saw you and I thought that it was interesting that you were going to Lolla because that means you might have different tastes and experiences and viewpoints on life than the average girl from Chicago. I think you might be a unique kinda person and want to get to know you better.
Girl:........... *barely audible* Good answer

I find out that she has lived outside the US but has lived in Chicago on and off for a few years. I bust on her for not knowing how to get around the city and we talk some more. Eventually:

Girl: I don't want to take you from your friends too long. How about I get your number and we'll talk later.
macallik: OK it is 773...
Girl: Ok. my phone is about to die but I will hit you up later.

One week later and she did not call me or text me but I still enjoyed the set. I will never figure out why she didn't call but there is no point stressing when a good set doesn't pan out. What I do know is if I keep my sets going like that, I will be adding a sh!tload of new chicks to the rotation in no time.

Monday
Hung with Mackenzie after work and then rented a movie and slept over her house.

Rest of the week so far
Haven't done anything outside of work. Actually don't hate my job nowadays. The fact that there are currently two new cute girls helps a little.

One is Dionne, a 30 year old with a boyfriend. We have these long-flowing conversations about media, music, gender and whatever else, sprinkled with Pop Culture references that normally don't hit their mark in regular conversations.

The other is a Ella. When I first saw her I thought she was in her late 20s but I recently found out she hasn't even turned 21 yet. We hadn't talked about anything of substance until yesterday but the banter back and forth until then has been fun as well. She initiated kino a few times and gives me attention throughout the day. Two problems though: 1) She is friends with Maria who I have become indifferent to. I used to go out of my way to talk to her, but now we go days without acknowledging each other. Sometimes I still get the feeling Maria might have some underlying feelings for me. The number two concern about Ella? She has a fiancee.

I won't be forcing the issue with any of the girls but if I feel like I am getting a green light I might make a move.
Your approach and the first part of the convo was really good. The part in bold however? Just brutal. Really bad. You talked to much and kept trying to qualify yourself to her, and in doing so came across as kind of a nerd boy, kinda weird, and kinda stalkerish. You would have been much better off when she asked "what do you want from me" to say "I want your number and then I'm gonna call you up and were gonna go out...what else?" With a big grin on your face. And left it at that. Remember, just like George Constanza, always leave the room with the crowd wanting more. Not less.

All the other ramblings totally made her lose interest in you.