Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Hey guys - give me your advice and view on this

deuce42

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Guys, please give me any constructive views and advice if there's a way to salvage this one. I apologise if this email is long, but if you bear with me and choose to read it/ offer your advice I will be appreciative. You'll also feel good about helping a dude thats asking for knowledge !!! If its too long just ignore it. I understand "move on to another chick", and I accept there are many other women and assure that I make moves daily on as many other options as I can find, I just want to see if there is any millage in this one. Also, even if this one is dead, the process of understanding helps me learn for next time this scenario comes up.

Ok the story:

1) Am online and have learn't that making my page as appealing as possible to get women to contact me gets me way better results than contacting them. That being said, as the number of chicks who contact me are weird, scary, lie, or flake out is huge, I have taken advice form others and simply also contact every single girl in my match inbox with the same contact message and put no other thought into them. More on that tactic to come!

2) A girl contacts me saying she likes my profile. This one is really hot, 10 years younger than me and writes interesting stuff. Can this be too good to be true I start to wonder?

3) I respond, and before I know it we are emailing back and forth everyday, sometimes twice a day. Emails are almost a full page from each of us. Like all DJ's, I've learnt to judge a girl's interest not by her words but by her actions. She divulges a lot of info and showers me with compliments, but the only part I take really seriously is that she instantly responds to my messages. Seems like she is interested as she keeps emailing back immediately.

4) Turns out we have so many things in common and the conversation flows. I am getting aware that I cant get hooked because until you meet the person it could all be nothing. After a week of chatting I suggest we meet. One thing I am very aware of is despite this chick being super hot and younger, she is a very sensitive intelligent girl, she's a young psychologist and she seems to prefer deep conversation to playful banter and joking. I follow that style and can see its working for her.

5) She emails straight back again and says she thinks its a good idea to meet, but apologises that she doesn't want to sound pretentious but both her next two weekends are full with friends. I dont want to sound too needy nor heavy handed so I offer a loose line about her letting me know when she's free. I do this also because I figure if she never gets back to me with a time I will know she wasn't that interested.

6) She offers a mid week slot, I say ok and give her my phone number. I have also learn't based on some good advice once, that I get better results keep the conversation as email or phone txts than calling on the phone - something about the tone of a man's voice ruins the mystery for chicks to want to meet. This advice in the past seems to hold true for many guys I have known. She sends me long text over the weekend saying she wants to meet on Wed eve. I respond and suggest a place.

7) Now trouble appears. Sunday comes, first day she hasn't contacted me in 10 days. Wait till Sunday eve and then ask if she agrees to the place. No response. Txt again on Monday eve confirming - get txt back straight away saying yes but not much else. Tuesday all day no contact and then the dreaded late night txt appears on my phone the day before saying she has an urgent work thing tomorrow and cant meet. Of course that one's got to be a lie. That whole urgent work thing is a tediously reported flake out from many guys.

8) Now I decide if I dont respond I will look like i am sulking so I drop a small sentence about thats fine and she can contact me some time. Hear nothing. I know this is the crux point with these things where you move on or not. On this occasion, I just cant make sense why this girl is contacting me everyday, telling me such personal things about her life then flaking. I figure its probably dead anyway, and since with online you have never met the person so losing your pride is less of a problem. So I decide to slip into AFC style and try again. I offer an email along the lines that i thought there was some great connection and not sure what went on, but am throwing one last life line to meet again and wish her the best if I dont hear from her.

9) Get a response straight away with the "Im so sorry - I thought we had a connection too and would really like to meet when you're free, just had some personal and work issues". I respond and suggest a place this time.

10) So if your still reading this.... I get this uber long txt on my phone, goes for two iphone screens about how she really wants to meet and is desperate for me to believe her but she is teaching that eve and she is wondering if we could do any other day. I get frustrated that maybe its another blow off and don't respond immediately and figure I will sit on it. I show the txt to a female friend who tells me she thinks its real and not a flake out because a girl that isn't interested wouldn't go to all that effort to send such a mother of a long txt.

11)I wait a couple of days since I figure I dont want to show I can get pushed around so many times with a date and also because I am still a bit unsure. Murphy's law, as I go to respond their is a rude message from her saying she tried to contact and I did not answer so she realises I am not interested in communicating with her anymore and wishes me luck for the future. I am becoming exhausted from this and respond, albeit with a lie that I missed the txt but didn't mean to ignore her. No response until the next day when she says she understands and is happy to meet.

12) A few txts during the week to each other and she asks how my weekend is looking and she comes back with a line about how she was hoping we could meet sunday afternoon despite me saying it was the only time I wasn't free. She says she's busy Saturday but that if I dont mind seeing her in gym gear without "being prettied up" we can maybe meet for coffee beforehand and I accept.

13) The next day I awake and look in the mirror. Its been a few late nights in a row playing my singer songwriting gigs in some really smokey bars and as I look in the mirror my right eye has burst a vessel and I look like a zombie. "Fvck!!!!" I send her a txt to make a joke bout how neither of us may look pretty on Saturday and explain my eye. I also do it to keep the conversation flowing till we meet, something I have learnt is really important.

14) She comes back with a lets just postpone till where both more free. I am pretty fed up now with this and say lets just meet tomorrow.No response from her for three days, despite her geting angry via email at me when I don't respond for a two days. I send an email saying that it looks like we're back to silence again and I dont play these games and feel that if someones really interested they can find the time to meet so good bye.

18) Get an email straight back apologising and she agrees she has probably been flaking and wishes me luck. Then comes the real kicker that explains everything - she says, "If I am honest I was really keen to meet initially but by chance I was speaking to a friend about you and it turned out you had contacted her as well online a few days later"!!!!!! Fvck!!!!! By chance, one of millions of auto response girls in my inbox is her friend and she is hurt.

19) I decide to respond again and am completely honest about my experience that online is chicks who lie and flake and that I learnt the only thing to do is simply chat to everyone and take as many chances with as many contacts until I meet a girl in the real flesh. I realise she is a sensitive girl who feels hurt and I advise that I wouldn't have gone to all this trouble if I wasn't interested and that I had thought there was something unique in our interactions. I try and be as honest and kind. If its dead, sometimes its nice to be honest and open. Maybe that's just me.

20) She responds that she feels so cruel for what she has done by "driving a wedge between us" and that our conversations were so important to her, and that she felt so let down when she realised I was contacting her friend whilst we were talking. She asks me to understand how sorry she is. She then tells me too that she is a very attractive woman (yeah no crap hey) that guys try to hit on all the time and that she doesn't trust men and makes little time to spare for them. I kind of understand this and feel disappointed myself that I missed a great one.

21) Yes this continues sorry, - I cant ascertain whether she is slightly leaving the door open in her email by being honest about how she felt, so I decide, against my better judgement to respond and that if she meant what she said, we should at least meet. Am very concious of the AFC line here. No response to the email again and I am tired after a full day of emailing with her. It also smacks of AFC to keep emailing back yet my brain unexplicably sends another email saying we have come this far and a simple one word answer is fine and given all of our exchanges over a month she owes me that at least. I am not sure why I did that. We all have stupid moments of error.

24) Get two small txt backs saying she agrees we should meet next week and see how it goes and she will be more communicative. Not much interaction and I just dont think it will happen. The vibe I have is expect its dead.

So in the epilogue, if you haven't started spitting on the screen and are still reading this - can any of part of this be saved? If so what should I do or not do to help it? And if cant be saved, what can I learn or do better next time?

Feel free to bash me if you want but would love helpful advice.

Cheers guys!

Last edited:

Findog

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not hard to carve out an hour or two some evening to meet for a beer or a cup of coffee. Stuff comes up, people are genuinely busy, but this has been going on for a couple of weeks and she can't find a couple hours to meet?

I was in a similar situation with a girl off OK Cupid several months ago. The day we were supposed to meet, my dad went into the ICU with a serious health scare. I postponed and told the girl I couldn't meet that week because of a serious health issue with my family. Maybe she thought I was flaking, but every time after that that I tried to arrange a time to meet, she claimed she was busy. It's like pushing a string up a hill. It shouldn't be this hard to meet up for a drink. Toss this one back and move on.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In # 20 you paraphrased :"conversations were so important to her" ....I was like "UGHHH !!!".
This chick has been getting off on your attention, but has not been inspired enough to meet you. It could be that she's still seeing someone, or, get ready......She's still meeting other online dudes. Chicks ARE like guys in some ways in that they will spin plates and then choose the best one that is for them.
To me, it sounds like she does have interest in you, but if a chick wants to see you, she will make the time and she hasn't done so yet. It's easy to act AFC...That's why so many guys do it. It's harder to man up and drop contact. Drop contact and let her think YOU HAVE STARTED SEEING SOMEONE ELSE

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read all of that. I'm not going to read all of that. I bet dollars to donuts you are over thinking the hell out of it, especially if this is all over one girl. You are not Ted from How I Met Your Mother. Fvck her, until you don't feel like fvcking her, or if you can't fvck her, move on. There I fixed it for you.

Zunder

Banned
Reaction score
Having been through this kind of stuff a few times over the years I had to raise a wry smile.
Trust me this girl is NOT worth your time of day. You are supplicating to her attention whorre wishes - and what exactly have you got out of this? Not even one fvcking date right...what are you doing mate. Leave it, never contact her again, never never never.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, this is beyond silly.

The online world is complete and total horsesh*t until you actually meet. Why would you even give 20 seconds of thought to this? You could be
talking to a 300lb 50 yo man. I mean, come on! Just stop this crazyiness!

window

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your problem is you contacted her after she stopped mailing...you put the time and place to her and she didnt get back to you so you should have just waited. What happened is you collapsed into her which made things worse. Next time unless you get a firm ok I'll see you there then move on. also dont call in or contact them to check in if you are still meeting up.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At first, I was like "Woah! Fuck this thread! TLDR." (also because these are blatant mistakes) but as I kept reading, I realized that I haven't done my good deed of the day and since this could be of benefit to others, let's take a stab at it, shall we?

deuce42 said:
Also, even if this one is dead, the process of understanding helps me learn for next time this scenario comes up.
Oh, it's dead alright! So you want to learn, huh? You want the truth? Alright, here it is:

1) Am online and have learn't that making my page as appealing as possible to get women to contact me gets me way better results than contacting them. That being said, as the number of chicks who contact me are weird, scary, lie, or flake out is huge, I have taken advice form others and simply also contact every single girl in my match inbox with the same contact message and put no other thought into them. More on that tactic to come!
If online is your only means of spinning plates, you're in trouble. IMO, online dating should be only used to supplement your IRL sarging. My personal style when I am single is to have a profile as bait and wait for the fishies to bite first. Also, read this good thread by Rollo on Buffers.

2) A girl contacts me saying she likes my profile. This one is really hot, 10 years younger than me and writes interesting stuff. Can this be too good to be true I start to wonder?
Is her name Annabell? ;)

3) I respond, and before I know it we are emailing back and forth everyday, sometimes twice a day. Emails are almost a full page from each of us. Like all DJ's, I've learnt to judge a girl's interest not by her words but by her actions. She divulges a lot of info and showers me with compliments, but the only part I take really seriously is that she instantly responds to my messages. Seems like she is interested as she keeps emailing back immediately.
Woah, woah, woah! Waaaay too much too fast. You should have sloooowed it down. Women want/need attention and you were providing tons of it w/o she providing you with what you want/need: physical contact/presence.

4) Turns out we have so many things in common and the conversation flows. I am getting aware that I cant get hooked because until you meet the person it could all be nothing. After a week of chatting I suggest we meet. One thing I am very aware of is despite this chick being super hot and younger, she is a very sensitive intelligent girl, she's a young psychologist and she seems to prefer deep conversation to playful banter and joking. I follow that style and can see its working for her.
The mistake here was that you didn't close earlier. A week of full-on back and forth had already filled her need for attention from you so she really didn't need you anymore. After a couple of messages back and forth to see if there's rapport, you should ask "Hey Annabell, what's your number?" and when [IF] you got it, called her up and asked her out. Also, pedestaling a woman who you've never met in person is never a good thing.

5) She emails straight back again and says she thinks its a good idea to meet, but apologises that she doesn't want to sound pretentious but both her next two weekends are full with friends. I dont want to sound too needy nor heavy handed so I offer a loose line about her letting me know when she's free. I do this also because I figure if she never gets back to me with a time I will know she wasn't that interested.
So she couldn't make time for an hour sometime during the work week to see you for a quick cup of coffee? Man, I am sure she's very interested in getting together with you! ;) Also, by you telling to let you know when she's free, you gave her control of the frame. She is now calling the shots. What you need to do in situations like this is: "Oh, you're busy for the next 3 months? Cool, no prob. We'll make it some other time then. Talk to you later." and then drop her from your list of [virtual] plates.

6) She offers a mid week slot, I say ok and give her my phone number. I have also learn't based on some good advice once, that I get better results keep the conversation as email or phone txts than calling on the phone - something about the tone of a man's voice ruins the mystery for chicks to want to meet. This advice in the past seems to hold true for many guys I have known. She sends me long text over the weekend saying she wants to meet on Wed eve. I respond and suggest a place.
Unfortunately, at this point all this girl is gonna do with you is play with you to get her kicks. Also, IDK where you're getting your advice but it's full of shit. If anything, calling a girl on the phone is a great litmus test: She never picks up? Probably a dude. Wrong number? Well, there's your answer. She denies your outing request? She doesn't dig. She accepts your outing request? She might dig...

7) Now trouble appears. Sunday comes, first day she hasn't contacted me in 10 days. Wait till Sunday eve and then ask if she agrees to the place. No response. Txt again on Monday eve confirming - get txt back straight away saying yes but not much else. Tuesday all day no contact and then the dreaded late night txt appears on my phone the day before saying she has an urgent work thing tomorrow and cant meet. Of course that one's got to be a lie. That whole urgent work thing is a tediously reported flake out from many guys.
Man, it's like a women have the same modus operandi... ohwait! They do! :D At this point you should have just dropped her but...

8) Now I decide if I dont respond I will look like i am sulking so I drop a small sentence about thats fine and she can contact me some time. Hear nothing. I know this is the crux point with these things where you move on or not. On this occasion, I just cant make sense why this girl is contacting me everyday, telling me such personal things about her life then flaking. I figure its probably dead anyway, and since with online you have never met the person so losing your pride is less of a problem. So I decide to slip into AFC style and try again. I offer an email along the lines that i thought there was some great connection and not sure what went on, but am throwing one last life line to meet again and wish her the best if I dont hear from her.
"Crux point"? Right now!? That was waaay back in point 4 or 5, when you should have closed her! Why does this girl keep contacting you? Because you keep providing her the attention all women crave, you doofus! She keeps validating herself through your continued attention. What do you get? Blue balls at best. So you went AFC and pretty much begged her to meet? I am sure that will get her 'gina tingling. ;)

Sorry If I'm being a bit harsh with you but you need to hear these things. Especially at our age.

9) Get a response straight away with the "Im so sorry - I thought we had a connection too and would really like to meet when you're free, just had some personal and work issues". I respond and suggest a place this time.
Do you really want to get together with a person who doesn't have her shit together enough to make a little bit of time to see someone she allegedly "had a connection" with? What do her actions tell you?

Back in the day, this HB9 girl I had started seeing (and who eventually became my GF) found out an aunt of her had died after I had dropped her off from a date. I told her that I understood if she wanted to cancel our next date so that she could grieve with her family and you know what she said? "No, that's okay. I wanna see you. I am very sad but I still wanna get together with you!"

10) So if your still reading this.... I get this uber long txt on my phone, goes for two iphone screens about how she really wants to meet and is desperate for me to believe her but she is teaching that eve and she is wondering if we could do any other day. I get frustrated that maybe its another blow off and don't respond immediately and figure I will sit on it. I show the txt to a female friend who tells me she thinks its real and not a flake out because a girl that isn't interested wouldn't go to all that effort to send such a mother of a long txt.
She knows you're beginning to get tired and/or realize that this shit's going nowhere so she tosses you a little bit of hope. She keeps giving you just enough material to keep you coming back for more abuse. If she loses you, she will lose the attention that she enjoys so very much. Also, never EVER ask a female for advice on another female! Come to us. We'll tell you "the real truth," not the female-centric version of it.

Continued in Part 2...

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
11)I wait a couple of days since I figure I dont want to show I can get pushed around so many times with a date and also because I am still a bit unsure. Murphy's law, as I go to respond their is a rude message from her saying she tried to contact and I did not answer so she realises I am not interested in communicating with her anymore and wishes me luck for the future. I am becoming exhausted from this and respond, albeit with a lie that I missed the txt but didn't mean to ignore her. No response until the next day when she says she understands and is happy to meet.
Dude! She already knows she can push you around! She was rude!? Of course she's gonna be rude! You haven't provided her with her regularly-scheduled dose of attention! ;)

12) A few txts during the week to each other and she asks how my weekend is looking and she comes back with a line about how she was hoping we could meet sunday afternoon despite me saying it was the only time I wasn't free. She says she's busy Saturday but that if I dont mind seeing her in gym gear without "being prettied up" we can maybe meet for coffee beforehand and I accept.
More texting, huh? Ayayay... Anyway, at this point she's calling the shots of when and how to meet and since you're pretty much desperate at this point, you'll hold on to whatever little glimpse of hope she provides. I can't really blame you though. If she's hot, untrained and non-enlightened men will succumb to her looks. She's like a Succubus...

So she suggests meeting at a time you can't, huh? ;) What you should've thought was: "Gee, I tell someone I can't meet on Sunday afternoon and then BAM! She suggests to meet Sunday afternoon. She's either retarded... or she just doesn't really wanna see me..." ;)

13) The next day I awake and look in the mirror. Its been a few late nights in a row playing my singer songwriting gigs in some really smokey bars and as I look in the mirror my right eye has burst a vessel and I look like a zombie. "Fvck!!!!" I send her a txt to make a joke bout how neither of us may look pretty on Saturday and explain my eye. I also do it to keep the conversation flowing till we meet, something I have learnt is really important.
If you're gonna finally [supposedly] gonna meet with this girl, why would you wanna sabotage yourself with this info!? "Hey Annabell, I have particularly smelly gas today... hope you don't mind!" Never EVER put yourself down or do/say things that hinder your chances at success!

14) She comes back with a lets just postpone till where both more free. I am pretty fed up now with this and say lets just meet tomorrow.No response from her for three days, despite her geting angry via email at me when I don't respond for a two days. I send an email saying that it looks like we're back to silence again and I dont play these games and feel that if someones really interested they can find the time to meet so good bye.
Of course she's gonna try to weasel out of the meeting! You gave her an excuse!! So you're finally fed up and tired of her bullshit (which should have happened back in 4-5, remember ;)) and tell her it's off. She realized that you're tired and won't play along anymore, and she's already getting attention somewhere else, she is ready to kick you to the curb and discard you by telling you this...

18) Get an email straight back apologising and she agrees she has probably been flaking and wishes me luck. Then comes the real kicker that explains everything - she says, "If I am honest I was really keen to meet initially but by chance I was speaking to a friend about you and it turned out you had contacted her as well online a few days later"!!!!!! Fvck!!!!! By chance, one of millions of auto response girls in my inbox is her friend and she is hurt.
Hey, where did 15-17 go!? Hmm, anyway, she has low self-esteem (srsly, a chick who gets angry at you for talking to other girls has self-esteem issues) and she knew she was never gonna get together with you, yet she kept feeding you hope. Also, do you think you're the only guy she's talking to?

19) I decide to respond again and am completely honest about my experience that online is chicks who lie and flake and that I learnt the only thing to do is simply chat to everyone and take as many chances with as many contacts until I meet a girl in the real flesh. I realise she is a sensitive girl who feels hurt and I advise that I wouldn't have gone to all this trouble if I wasn't interested and that I had thought there was something unique in our interactions. I try and be as honest and kind. If its dead, sometimes its nice to be honest and open. Maybe that's just me.
So now you're apologizing for being a man, as men [are supposed to] talk to many different women in search of one good one. You pour your heart out, hoping that you can change her mind about seeing you. "Please love me!" you begged. ;) Also, never EVER be "open and honest" with a complete stranger!

20) She responds that she feels so cruel for what she has done by "driving a wedge between us" and that our conversations were so important to her, and that she felt so let down when she realised I was contacting her friend whilst we were talking. She asks me to understand how sorry she is. She then tells me too that she is a very attractive woman (yeah no crap hey) that guys try to hit on all the time and that she doesn't trust men and makes little time to spare for them. I kind of understand this and feel disappointed myself that I missed a great one.
"Missed a great one"? Dude, by divine intervention you dodged a HUGE fucking bullet!!! Bullet? Fuck, man! You fucking dodged a nuclear missile!! This was not "a great one"! This woman played with you for shits and giggles. She toyed with you. Why was she "a great one"? Just cuz she was hot!? Fuck that!

21) Yes this continues sorry, - I cant ascertain whether she is slightly leaving the door open in her email by being honest about how she felt, so I decide, against my better judgement to respond and that if she meant what she said, we should at least meet. Am very concious of the AFC line here. No response to the email again and I am tired after a full day of emailing with her. It also smacks of AFC to keep emailing back yet my brain unexplicably sends another email saying we have come this far and a simple one word answer is fine and given all of our exchanges over a month she owes me that at least. I am not sure why I did that. We all have stupid moments of error.
Of course she's gonna leave the door open! She wants orbiters. She loves orbiters! SHE NEEDS ORBITERS!!!

24) Get two small txt backs saying she agrees we should meet next week and see how it goes and she will be more communicative. Not much interaction and I just dont think it will happen. The vibe I have is expect its dead.
Hahaha! She's still trying to play you! But hey, at this point you are willing and able to grasp at anything she throws your way, like a good little puppy dog.

So in the epilogue, if you haven't started spitting on the screen and are still reading this - can any of part of this be saved?
No.

The only part of this that's good is the experience. Learn from it. Time to spin [a] new plate.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Twenty-four items on one chick? Spin more plates. The more girls you talk to, the less you'll worry about little give-and-take crap like this.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
holy canoli!!

dude, step off the drama queen roller-coaster for fvck sake.