Family Guy

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did anybody happen to see Family Guy last Sunday night?
Quagmire was teaching a class on how to get laid and even took them out on a bootcamp type outing. There were references to peacocking and other PUA tactics. At least Quagmire did point out that these tips were only to get laid, not to be used on girls you care about.

My favorite bit was when Brian tried to "neg" the girl he was after, Denise.
She wants to leave and he says "Why, you getting more moles put on?".

This site below has a link where you can watch the parts of the show related to pickup:

http://www.eseduce.com/family-guy-has-quagmire-the-pick-up-artist-guru-brian-peacocking/

trrush

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah probably bc those writers prolly took one of those classes trying to get women.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quotes from that episode

"First, you ask about her father. If she says anything positive, then move on."

and then later, after Quagmire has gotten with Brian's bimbo ex, she says:

"I like him because he says things that my father would say if he were here!"

that's deep stuff for a cartoon :D

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What I find interesting is how they take common mistakes and perfectly exemplify them:
  • You can't take a social misfit and turn him into a "stud" just by going to one of these seminars. It's a total mindset and physical change that takes time, even years to learn and develop.
  • They've got the whole retarded "peacocking" thing down to a T. Do have a unique style but don't dress like a fucking retard.
  • Also loved the excessive negging and C&F. Like good condiments, they need to be used sparingly.
  • "These skills aren't for women you care about, you idiot! This course is in getting laid, not finding love!" :D
Also, LOL @ the SNL comparison and the pirate guy with the wooden... everything! :D

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Link to episode.

Overall it was meh, I don't like angry Quagmire. Best part was the SF II scene.

As for PU not being meant for women you actually care about. As Brian pointed out. Then what is the point?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vatoloco said:
They've got the whole retarded "peacocking" thing down to a T. Do have a unique style but don't dress like a ****ing retard.
http://kidstrangelove.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/mystery-and-style-pua-peacocking.jpg

Maxtro said:
As for PU not being meant for women you actually care about. As Brian pointed out. Then what is the point?
What indeed? I guess the point is to get laid. Now that may not sound like much of a big deal, but if you've never been able to have sex, then it's probably important to you. That's just the sort of guy the PUA business preys upon.

A lot of guys come here because they want to know how to get a certain girl, their oneitis. Unfortunately, this pickup stuff can only get you women, not a particular woman.

It's funny in a way. Guys want a certain girl they care about, and are taught to not care about women, and to go have sex with women they don't care about. It doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment if you look at it like that, but sometimes caring about a woman too much just guarantees failure with her.

Oh, by the way, regarding angry Quagmire. It's been established that he hates Brian, that's why he comes off that way in this episode.

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys, Self-Improvement Rule #12: don't watch cartoons. Especially not juvenile cartoons fixated on anal openings, feces, urine, sperm, licking up sweat, smelling farts, sticking fingers in bleeding wounds for sexual arousement, or whatever else the writers can come up with to make boys giggle.

zekko said:
A lot of guys come here because they want to know how to get a certain girl, their oneitis. Unfortunately, this pickup stuff can only get you women, not a particular woman.

It's funny in a way. Guys want a certain girl they care about, and are taught to not care about women, and to go have sex with women they don't care about. It doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment if you look at it like that, but sometimes caring about a woman too much just guarantees failure with her.
It can only get you women, not a particular woman - true. If she doesn't want you, she doesn't want you. This PUA stuff is a lot like being a salesman, so much that I could write a long thread about the similarities. Spin plates, for example - you have to do your best, do it often, and know when to move on and still keep the edge.

I don't think we are taught not to care about women. At least not by the tips taught in this forum. I have never seen anyone advocate lying to a woman, for example.

But maybe some of the gurus who make a business out of this have a different attitude, I haven't studied what they say. It is not an attitude I want in that case. I have gotten laid more than probably 99 percent of guys who have visited this forum, and never have I been disrespectful to the girls. I also only come on to girls who I like, which means that aside from being attractive they must be intelligent and mature, which I respect. Luckily, living close to a university from my own university days and onward, that is not too hard to find.

Gray The Prince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
Okay guys, Self-Improvement Rule #12: don't watch cartoons. Especially not juvenile cartoons fixated on anal openings, feces, urine, sperm, licking up sweat, smelling farts, sticking fingers in bleeding wounds for sexual arousement, or whatever else the writers can come up with to make boys giggle.
Pffft. Ain't nothin wrong with some crude humor.

MurdocIsGod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
"First, you ask about her father. If she says anything positive, then move on."

and then later, after Quagmire has gotten with Brian's bimbo ex, she says:

"I like him because he says things that my father would say if he were here!"

that's deep stuff for a cartoon :D
I also noticed this :p

Veridin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh no, scribblec got so offended by my comment about his favorite cartoon that he had to give me a neg rep. People who neg opinions they don't agree with, that's lame.... I give neg rep only if someone is clearly insulting to other people in a forum.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:
Oh no, scribblec got so offended by my comment about his favorite cartoon that he had to give me a neg rep. People who neg opinions they don't agree with, that's lame.... I give neg rep only if someone is clearly insulting to other people in a forum.
Bvllsh1t,you gave me a negative rep cause I once said that sweden is a country ruled from women where the man archetypal is a pvssy and you got pissed off.
It wasnt a personal attack on swedish ppl but on an unnatural system polluted from leftism and feminism.

Anyway your posts are good and make sense most of the times,you probably skipped enough days at schools thankfully.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i lost and lost hard when I saw the street fighter skit.

scribblec

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Veridin said:

wtf are u on about mate i didnt neg rep u i didnt even post on this thread u coksucker

but i will neg rep u now ;/