Where are all the good men?

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you screwed them all over. you stood them up when they were younger. you didn't return their phone calls because you were getting ran up in by some dude you met who ditched you. you got mad becuase they actually were trying to study and not go out every night and you left. you set men with unreasonable demands, like expecting 100-200 dollar valentines day presents for someone you bearly know. When he called you to tell you happy brithday, you didn't bother to return his call, or text, or email. you didn't know what you had when you had it more times than not. you shot him down when he approached you because you were trying to be cute in front of your friends. You thought it was cool to flirt with his "hot" friend in front of him. Then afte ryou have screwed up, you turn around and try to use shaming to get a man to "act right" or "do the right thing " or "act his age" now that your options aren't what they were and now that the same man, is now more appealing to you.

sorry I just had to get that off my chest. most women today make me want to throw up with their behaviors. I dont' see how you guys do it.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they exist. either being developed through the mior leagues or out the in the world trying to make a diffrence.

Im proud to say that I am one of those good men. or at least im striving to be.

I want to be a good role model despite all that bullsh*t we allow ourselves to go through. well NO MORE!!

We know the rules of the game, lets play it to the best of our ability.

Lets play this game with a sense of CONFIDENCE, PERSEVERANCE, and NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE!!

5string

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And when I married you and became a stepfather to your kids, you said:

I don't want any more children.
Maybe we can have sex this weekend sometime.
Please pick up the kids from school. I'm busy.
When do you get your paycheck?

Last edited:

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I once had the standard discussion about how women can’t find any ‘nice’ guys anymore with a group of 33+ y.o. women. They were just dumbfounded and lamenting that they weren’t meeting any "great guys" now that they had “arrived” in life, and how the times, society and the corrupting media had changed men into selfish, juvenile prigs only interested in the latest crop of hot 22 y.o. women.

“You know, I just can’t seem to meet any great guys anymore, it’s like they don’t exist now. Rollo what happened to all the Nice men?”

“They’re all back in your 20′s where you left them.”

Never forget this gentlemen, you are the Alpha instrument of righteous karma.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
backbreaker said:
you screwed them all over. you stood them up when they were younger. you didn't return their phone calls because you were getting ran up in by some dude you met who ditched you. you got mad becuase they actually were trying to study and not go out every night and you left. you set men with unreasonable demands, like expecting 100-200 dollar valentines day presents for someone you bearly know. When he called you to tell you happy brithday, you didn't bother to return his call, or text, or email. you didn't know what you had when you had it more times than not. you shot him down when he approached you because you were trying to be cute in front of your friends. You thought it was cool to flirt with his "hot" friend in front of him. Then afte ryou have screwed up, you turn around and try to use shaming to get a man to "act right" or "do the right thing " or "act his age" now that your options aren't what they were and now that the same man, is now more appealing to you.

sorry I just had to get that off my chest. most women today make me want to throw up with their behaviors. I dont' see how you guys do it.
Dude...it's not just women. It's PEOPLE in general. They're just following "the program" instead of doing what they believe in.

Women are taught that "this is how you play the game to extract maximum value for your time". The program teaches people how to take the most while giving the least. It's something that replicates itself through layers of society, through our economy, etc.

Both men and women need to learn to GENERATE VALUE in relationships and how to IDENTIFY PEOPLE THAT APPRECIATE that value and will respond in-kind. No more of this trying to impress someone to get what YOU want. You GIVE what you can and you TAKE what you want. That's what a "good man" does. That's enough for most people.

Women especially lose track of this because most of them aren't dominant enough to make a moral stand on anything. They're dragged around by their emotions because that's what they're taught to do.

Like I said in another thread, I pity those women who had REAL potential in life, either to develop into "players" in society by learning real skills and contributing ideas and abilities, or even who had the potential to be strong and wisened effeminate mothers...but were taught by a generation of retarded parents to "levereage their looks" instead.

This so-called "revolution" is a lie, something sold to women in the most heinous of ways. They were taught to use p*ssy as "leverage" in relationships, to wield POWER over others by virtue of being coveted for their sexuality. But all it did was make them "takers". Women have been taught in the 21st century that just having a va-jay-jay is ENOUGH...that that ALONE makes them valuable...while at the same time men are taught to covet the va-jay-jay above ALL ELSE.

That's why the modern "marriage" focuses so little on value-building and a constructive/growing relationship and so much on sexual exclusivity...that "ownership" idea.

Women haven't been empowered by the so-called "sexual revolution". They've been OBJECTIFIED. Even more than they used to be.

It makes me laugh...there's this Heiniken commercial...you've probably seen it. Where the guy is at a wedding and everyone is trying to pick up the one hot girl, but this guy asks grandma to dance to impress her...

They released two versions of this commercial. THe original says, "there are two types of hunters...one who goes after the prey, and the other who makes the prey come to him". The second version is the same, but they replaced the word PREY with the word PRIZE.

I guess some women didn't like the idea of being "prey" because it implies a state of powerlessness...but at least "prey" can be strong in its own right. Instead they choose the word "prize"...which based on current social thinking, somehow "empowers" the woman by virtue of her being a hot girl with a p*ssy, the "ultimate social goal". But does that REALLY empower her? No...it OBJECTIFIES her. A prey is a worthy adversary in the dating "hunt". A "prize" is just something to be won, putting all the focus on the guy to do the work and NONE of the power in the hands of the woman...if he "makes the right moves", he gets her, whether she likes it or not.

And she's TRAINED from her birth what the "right moves" are and to give it up to guys who make those moves, and reject those who do something different.

Garbage. You wonder why we live in a world that lacks creative solutions, that encourages men to run by a program rather than try and risk failure being something other than "perfect".

One must indeed be ignorant of the methods of genius to suppose that it allows itself to be cramped by forms. Forms are for mediocrity, and it is fortunate that mediocrity can act only according to routine. Ability takes its flight unhindered. -Napoleon Bonaparte

Women sit and wonder where all the "good men" have gone because the "good men" don't have TIME for these games. Many just up-out of the "dating world" ENTIRELY and pursue those things that interest them, that they are passionate about. Women who are WORTH a damn recognize the value in these men and are drawn to THEM, rather than the man having to pursue.

That's what the commerical AIMS for, but it gets it wrong, in that it's OBVIOUS that the man taking the old lady to dance is just a "trick" like a monkey jumping through a hoop, trying to curry the favor of the young lady "prize". In that, the second man is no better than the first. I danced with my grandmother (God rest her soul) at my sister's wedding because I felt it was a nice thing to do, not because I wanted to get some chick to notice me.

One man innovates, a thousand more imitate and wonder why only the innovator gets noticed for it. That's why your DJ tactics are "no good here"...because the girls have seen them a hundred times before and see it not as a spontaneous act representing who YOU are, but as a cheap stunt to curry favor.

The problem is that when a man DOES perform a gracious act out of the kindness of his heart, or come up with some grand idea or novel concept, the woman ASSUMES that it's just a "trick she hasn't seen yet" and writes him off as "just another shmuck".

Sooner or later, EVERY guy is a "shmuck"...and then the women are left wondering "where all the good guys have gone".

Chivalry IS dead....and women killed it. -Dave Chappelle

The whole system is screwed up...and it's screwed up because people don't think for themselves.

Nemic

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
“You know, I just can’t seem to meet any great guys anymore, it’s like they don’t exist now. Rollo what happened to all the Nice men?”

Quote of the Day right there.
That put a huge grin on my face.

Thanks Rollo.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This scenario exists in micro form in high school:

Freshman/sophomore girls date upperclassmen, leaving freshman/sophomore guys high and dry. Many still get action, but the population is pilfered by juniors and seniors.

Fast forward to senior year. Senior guys who were once rejected freshman are raiding the younger classes for fresh flesh. Senior girls (damaged goods, now) having trouble getting dates to prom and complaining about situation.

Karma.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo and squirrels

Thank you for existing guys.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
samspade said:
This scenario exists in micro form in high school:

Freshman/sophomore girls date upperclassmen, leaving freshman/sophomore guys high and dry. Many still get action, but the population is pilfered by juniors and seniors.

Fast forward to senior year. Senior guys who were once rejected freshman are raiding the younger classes for fresh flesh. Senior girls (damaged goods, now) having trouble getting dates to prom and complaining about situation.

Karma.
wow, i never realized that, you are so right. When I was a.. well our freshman were still at Jr High not high school, but when I was a sophomore..

oh ****, to add irony to all ironies, i girl with 2 women my sophomore year, both were 12th graders who had been ran up in by everyone else and no one would date them anymore, both were on point look wise, but stl.l... lol, cougars.

My junior year, had it made. had 12th graders after me, had 10th graders after me, had 11th graders after me. I ****ed half of hall high's drill team, no exaggeration, did not even go to hall.

my senior year, I dated a 10th grader who was pretty damn good looking. Was not interested in seniors in the least bit. Both of my best friends dumped 12th graders for 10th graders, as did I.

There were a few smoking hot women that just transcended it all, this girl in my class was just unbelievably smoking hot, didn't matter what grade she was in everyone wanted to poke her. But unless you were that good looking, you fell into line.

vatoloco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:

Wow. Beautiful. Just beautiful.

*a little manly tear runs down my cheek*

For the record, whenever I hear a woman say this, I immediately disqualify her as long-term material as she's probably loaded with baggage.

That's why I don't date women in their 30s anymore. Too much drama. I'd rather do them young and teach them about Life! Mold them to my liking. :up:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:

Ha ha, great line.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We live in a world that is all about "self". Relationships are about "us", not "self".

We live in a throw away society. When your car quits working right you get a new one. When your computer is too slow, you get a new one. You don't fix anything. That would take time and skills. That mentality trickles into every facet of society.

We also live in a world that doesn't value depth. Why have 5 solid friends when you can have 500 fake ones on fakebook.....I mean facebook.

You know I am certainly not relgious but I was raised in the catholic church. The church taught that its important to respect and provide for others. Put your self aside. As society has moved away from a church based lifestyle, they have also moved away from this way of thinking.

This is what has happened to all the "great" ones. Unfortunately for the few "great" ones left we are caught up in a transitioning world. We are somewhere between 1950 family and church were important. Nowdays "self" is the focus of society.

We don't gather in front of the tv as a family like they did in 1950. Nope, Johnny and Suzy and Daddy and Mommy all have their own personal tv on their fone. They no longer have to find something they all can enjoy and watch together. They can go off on their own and satisfy their selfish needs exactly as they desire.

Its all about "ME".

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where have all the good men gone?

They are all around you, but you never give them much attention anyhow -- you are too busy day-dreaming looking further for something bigger and better and bigger and better until you've reached the 'top' for your ego-gratification. But your bigger and better is probably just keeping you as a plate (of four others) and keeping you at arm's length because he used to be that nice guy you ignored until he was jaded and learned to neg hit and be C&F to toy with your mind because honesty and sincerity long-ago proved ineffective.

If we wanted more good people, maybe we'd change our psychological diet. If we wanted to lose weight we might change what we put into us. If we wanted more people to have any sense of "good", maybe we'd change our diet of self-aggrandizement, hyper-individualism, heavy-materialism and pop-culture-nonsense. Maybe we'd actually try and cultivate something of sincerity and quality around us [but maybe that would prove too hard for the TV-remote-fast-food-nation], rather than cheap fixes and outsourcing our solutions (which are never solutions much anyhow).

A person [most] is likely born with the desire to be good. In whatever way they might now. But when you look around you and see how the nice guy is rewarded compared to the politician, you start to ask yourself what set of morals do we truly reward in our society? And am I just a fool for trying to play by the rules, when most who have gotten anywhere, seem to realize breaking the rules and being selfish is step #1.

I'm going to preserve myself as a good guy, stand behind my investigated beliefs and some good woman is going to have to earn my respect...otherwise there are plenty of other males to choose from who have a far lesser moral compass.

A woman wants a "good guy"? Well first she should become a "good girl", not an attention-wh0re looking for EZ-Street to Higher Status Central, Cachanga$$$-ville.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: "Where have all the good men gone?"

Me: "Well, there's one right here, but you're too old for me. Have a younger sister (or daughter depending on the case)."

And yes, I have said this before.
Amazing the stuff you can hear at happy hour on a Thursday evening.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Howiestern said:
We live in a world that is all about "self". Relationships are about "us", not "self".

We live in a throw away society. When your car quits working right you get a new one. When your computer is too slow, you get a new one. You don't fix anything. That would take time and skills. That mentality trickles into every facet of society.

We also live in a world that doesn't value depth. Why have 5 solid friends when you can have 500 fake ones on fakebook.....I mean facebook.

You know I am certainly not relgious but I was raised in the catholic church. The church taught that its important to respect and provide for others. Put your self aside. As society has moved away from a church based lifestyle, they have also moved away from this way of thinking.

This is what has happened to all the "great" ones. Unfortunately for the few "great" ones left we are caught up in a transitioning world. We are somewhere between 1950 family and church were important. Nowdays "self" is the focus of society.

We don't gather in front of the tv as a family like they did in 1950. Nope, Johnny and Suzy and Daddy and Mommy all have their own personal tv on their fone. They no longer have to find something they all can enjoy and watch together. They can go off on their own and satisfy their selfish needs exactly as they desire.

Its all about "ME".
YES.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15231_7-reasons-21st-century-making-you-miserable.html

Kailex said:
Her: "Where have all the good men gone?"

Me: "Well, there's one right here, but you're too old for me. Have a younger sister (or daughter depending on the case)."

And yes, I have said this before.
Amazing the stuff you can hear at happy hour on a Thursday evening.
Dunno, man...if I'm a woman, that sounds like fishing for validation. If you're a "good man", it should show, you shouldn't need to tell her explicitly.

countermart

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post Squirrels.

“When a man (or woman) does away with his good customs and values, he had better first find something of value with which to replace them.”

The sexual revolution changed a lot of things, but it did not provide society with a viable replacement. This is why many thinking women (yep, there are a few) will say that it was a negative for them. Thinking women lost a lot of the things that they need from a man. Women pushed many of these things away on the advice of other women.

So they sit at home, or go out in packs wondering where all the good men are? You can see it in their eyes.

But real men did the one thing that real men can always do. The weak ones became “femanised” and the real men walked away, they adapted. He chose not to play the games.

He lived like he did not need women, because he did not need women. He is lost in the concentration of doing, of building something, of making something better. You lost his security, his balance of your emotional responses, sometimes even his willingness to protect you. You did not value these things and so you lost them.

A man is an entity to himself, a woman is not. She exists to be loved.

But so many women in the sexual revolution became unlovable in the name of equal rights, and independence, and sexual freedom.

And so many of them are unhappy because of it, they look for the cause of this unhappiness and conclude it must be men. Where have all the good men gone?

Countermart

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
countermart said:
Great post Squirrels.

“When a man (or woman) does away with his good customs and values, he had better first find something of value with which to replace them.”

The sexual revolution changed a lot of things, but it did not provide society with a viable replacement. This is why many thinking women (yep, there are a few) will say that it was a negative for them. Thinking women lost a lot of the things that they need from a man. Women pushed many of these things away on the advice of other women.

So they sit at home, or go out in packs wondering where all the good men are? You can see it in their eyes.

But real men did the one thing that real men can always do. The weak ones became “femanised” and the real men walked away, they adapted. He chose not to play the games.

He lived like he did not need women, because he did not need women. He is lost in the concentration of doing, of building something, of making something better. You lost his security, his balance of your emotional responses, sometimes even his willingness to protect you. You did not value these things and so you lost them.

A man is an entity to himself, a woman is not. She exists to be loved.

But so many women in the sexual revolution became unlovable in the name of equal rights, and independence, and sexual freedom.

And so many of them are unhappy because of it, they look for the cause of this unhappiness and conclude it must be men. Where have all the good men gone?

Countermart
you have a talent for writing. this is good stuff.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We need to get a few things straight here. First of all we need to translate some of the woman-ese speak

a woman that asks "where are all the good men" = f****d her way through every jerk/bad boy and douchebag in her 20's that she could find. Was hurt by them yet kept dating the same type of guy over and over again because that's what she is attracted to and can't help it.

In fact 99% of the time they say they want "nice guys" or "a good man," and claim they are over their bad boy phase they keep dating the same type of guys that hurt them in the past.

It's kinda like in dating sites you find women with profiles that say "looking for a nice guy" or asking "where are all the good men," These are women that you need to stay away from as they will only date jerks even though they ask for nice guys or good guys.

Another thing to consider is the definition of what a good man is

A woman's definition of a good man =
1. NOT A CREEPY NICE GUY. Don't confuse a good man with a nice guy.
2. Has his own place.
3. Has his own transportation. Not that she cares that you take the bus to work she just wants you to have a car to TAKE HER to places.
4 . Doesn't necessarily have to have a high paying job but must earn enough money to take her out every weekend so she can keep up with the lifestyle of her friends.
5. Doesn't necessarily have to have a high paying but must earn enough to take care of her bastard child if she has one. Women that ask "where are all the good men" ARE HIGHLY LIKE TO HAVE A BASTARD CHILD as she already got f*** and dumped and impregnated by some a**hole.
6. Must be strong. Not necessarily a muscle builder but can't be a pencil arms. She needs to feel protected as women with lots of drama in their lives often feel more vulnerable than other women and look to stronger looking men.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
We need to get a few things straight here. First of all we need to translate some of the woman-ese speak

a woman that asks "where are all the good men" = f****d her way through every jerk/bad boy and douchebag in her 20's that she could find. Was hurt by them yet kept dating the same type of guy over and over again because that's what she is attracted to and can't help it.

In fact 99% of the time they say they want "nice guys" or "a good man," and claim they are over their bad boy phase they keep dating the same type of guys that hurt them in the past.

It's kinda like in dating sites you find women with profiles that say "looking for a nice guy" or asking "where are all the good men," These are women that you need to stay away from as they will only date jerks even though they ask for nice guys or good guys.

Another thing to consider is the definition of what a good man is

A woman's definition of a good man =
1. NOT A CREEPY NICE GUY. Don't confuse a good man with a nice guy.
2. Has his own place.
3. Has his own transportation. Not that she cares that you take the bus to work she just wants you to have a car to TAKE HER to places.
4 . Doesn't necessarily have to have a high paying job but must earn enough money to take her out every weekend so she can keep up with the lifestyle of her friends.
5. Doesn't necessarily have to have a high paying but must earn enough to take care of her bastard child if she has one. Women that ask "where are all the good men" ARE HIGHLY LIKE TO HAVE A BASTARD CHILD as she already got f*** and dumped and impregnated by some a**hole.
6. Must be strong. Not necessarily a muscle builder but can't be a pencil arms. She needs to feel protected as women with lots of drama in their lives often feel more vulnerable than other women and look to stronger looking men.
lol you just basically typed out pook's be a man post