Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Breakfast

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you never mentioned anywhere in this thread that you've tried 300g/day until the post above.

i cant explain your experience, it goes completely against mine and most of those ive read. the people who give me failure stories are the ones who barely eat.

i really dont care about what the other guys in the gym are doing. there are huge guys doing endless sets of low-weight bicep curls and cable crossovers, just because they are doing it doesnt mean i sohuld. note that many of these guys have been lifting FOREVER, and were big to start with.

though im not nearly the biggest guy at my gym, i am undoubtedly the one making the most gains in strength and size, and my routine and diet is unlike any of theirs (from what i know).

the more i eat, the less sore i am. i am on a program that 90%+ of gym-goers would call overtraining, yet im rarely sore, and it never lasts more than 1 day.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blinkwatt
I had a peroid were all I did was pound down tuna and chicken all day long putting me over 300+ grams a day,what a waste.
You need to eat carbs as well, for the protein to be fully absorbed. If you don't eat enough carbs with that much protein, it will, as you say, go to waste.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
You need to eat carbs as well, for the protein to be fully absorbed. If you don't eat enough carbs with that much protein, it will, as you say, go to waste.
Paying attention to carbs is and never was part of my eating habits. Too much emphasis is put on carbs.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and you have well documented evidence for that, too, right Quik?

nonsense. the body can use protein for energy if you force it to, and unless you're downing pure whey for every meal, it's damn near impossible to avoid all carbs.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what if i eat like a lb of chicken or steak for a meal? thats around 100-150 grams of protein right in that meal. any bad effects?

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nevermind...eat as little protein as you like. just don't whine to me about an inability to grow muscle & lean down at the same time.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are so many misguided people out there, eh Throttle?

Back to the carb thing...I read somewhere that proteins(at a microscopic level) tend to clump together with carbohydrates, and that's how protein gets absorbed.

It makes sense that, as the amount of protein intake goes up, so should your carb intake, yes?

Sure, you do get carbs from natural foods, but if someone is consuming 300gs of protein per day, a substantial quantity of that would come from whey shakes. That's roughly 50g per meal. Assuming you get most of that from organic foods(steak, fish, chicken, etc), if you run the numbers then the amount of fat you're getting with that amount of protein is staggering.

I get a large quantity of my protein from shakes, and I'm taking down a good amount of oatmeal with each one.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe(based on Health Science classes), that you should be getting alot of carbs(starchy or fibrous) if you're getting that much protein.

My daily intake looks something like this:

8:00AM
-2 large fried eggs
-2 scoops of whey + water or milk
-250ml of oatmeal
-green tea
-water
-multivitamins

10:30AM
-can of tuna or 1 scoop of whey
-oatmeal
-green tea

12:30PM
-chicken sandwich w veggies

3:00PM
-1 scoop of whey + tbsp of creatine
- something small, dont really watch what i eat here
-green tea

4:00PM workout

6:30PM
-chicken breast or steak
-full bowl of veggies
-post-workout shake - 2scoops
-green tea

8:30
-green tea, as much as i want(it takes late night hunger away)

--------
35g/protein per scoop of whey isolate(i know you're supposed to take concentrate during the day, with isolate after the workout, but i couldn't be fvcked to buy 2 tubs at a time)
---------

So that's 210g of protein from whey a day, with I'm estimating about ~300g total prot. intake a day, mabye higher. For my bw of ~165lbs, that should be enough, unless there's some drawback to whey that I'm unaware of.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still dude? 5 bagels?

Whoa! I don't know where you got that from. Normally it's 2 to 3 bagels.

12 pieces of toast? How long does it take you to eat all that? That crap would take me at least an hour and a half to take down.

Not long,I spend more time waiting at the toaster for them to toast. Probably 1/2 hour max eating. Think about it,each piece of toast=2 grams of protein and the margarine(no trans fat) has alot of unsaturated fat,so it helps to start my diet on the right path.

And what's your height/weight if you don't mind me asking?

5 7, weight bounces around from 148-153lbs at around 10% bodyfat(wish it was less). I used to have a little more a gut(12-15% according to calipers) from eating like that around the clock,I started cutting fat when I watched what I ate at certain times. Again I only eat like that in the morning.

kickureface

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deus ex Pianoforte said:
Kiss your kidneys goodbye before you're 30. And enjoy the explosive diarrhea while you're at it.
whats wrong with kidneys? i drink a lot of water, my water is clear a lot of the time. and i dont get explosive diarrhea, in fact i dont get any diarrhea. ;o

can someone with more experience give input on it?

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
O.K. you guys don't beleive me huh? Next time you go to your gym talk to the most muscular people you see in there and ask them how much protein they take in a day. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS IN THE GYM,it's how you learn!
Mate, many of the people here who take 1.5-2g/lb of protein *are* the most muscular people in their gym :) But sod it, I've seen your progress pics on your BodySpace, and you look like you're doing well, so do what you like :)

-shaun

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bowl of lucky charms, 2 poptarts (raspberry frosted), scrambled eggs with bacon and white toast, capri-sun juice

edit: forgot the mcgriddles and pancakes for brunch.

well, it -was- a breakfast thread..

Last edited:

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe(based on Health Science classes), that you should be getting alot of carbs(starchy or fibrous) if you're getting that much protein.
it depends entirely on your goals. look, i'm not advocating anyone eat zero carbs. but if your goal is losing lots of bodyfat while retaining or buildng muscle (is anyone on here cut the way they want to be?), most of your carbs should come from sources as complex as possible. I'm not into counting any of these things in grams for myself, but this notion that high levels of protein will give you gas, diarrhea and kidney failure isn't supporting by anything, scientific or otherwise.

fact is that any radical change in diet -- more fiber, more protein -- all at once is likely to produce the first two symptoms. that's why i strongly advocate ramping up either of those slowly and carefully. there are lots of things a 'normal' person's gi would freak at that mine doesn't blink at -- several bowls of shredded wheat; 6 oz of steak or salmon followed by 6 more oz of steak or salmon a few hours later. one key is that as protein intake goes up, fiber & water intake should too, and if you can get your fiber w/o carbs, then boy oh boy you love metamucil more than i do :D

8:30
-green tea, as much as i want(it takes late night hunger away)
for me that's a recipe for keeping myself up all night. if it works, though...

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
bowl of lucky charms, 2 poptarts (raspberry frosted), scrambled eggs with bacon and white toast, capri-sun juice

edit: forgot the mcgriddles and pancakes for brunch.

well, it -was- a breakfast thread..
"Dirty" bulking? :D

2 bowls of raisin bran

3 scoops whey + milk

multivitamin

If I am lucky, I can make eggs without killing myself...

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You eat stuff like that regularly? Aren't you worried about all the sugar and other crap they put in that stuff?

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, I know they're crap, but after so long of either whey+oats (shake form) or chicken/meat for breakfast it's nice to eat something different for a change.

Incidentally my post was tongue-in-cheek, if y'all hadn't noticed.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
I had a peroid were all I did was pound down tuna and chicken all day long putting me over 300+ grams a day,what a waste.
and you had the rest of the diet nailed down too? olive oil? fish oil? fats? carbs?

How about eggs and cow? or is the cholesterol and red meat going to kill you too?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
Oh, I know they're crap, but after so long of either whey+oats (shake form) or chicken/meat for breakfast it's nice to eat something different for a change.

Incidentally my post was tongue-in-cheek, if y'all hadn't noticed.
Oh come on man, I thought you were better than that...

Next, you'll be saying you go to Denny's for the Breakfast Buffet and pound down plate after plate of eggs, bacon, pancakes, sausage, milk, muffins...

I'll be right back, I'm hungry now...

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
^ I wish I could actually eat that much in the morning because It would make my 320 grams of protein for intake a lot easier.

Am still having problems getting kicked out of buffets... Rippetoe recommends you at least get kicked out twice a week that meaning to eat the place clean.