Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cultivating a Positive Mindset.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all I would like to make it clear in this post I am not going to talk about specific strategies(kino, negging, being agressive or passive ect...) that may seem to be contrary to what I am about to say. In fact I don't think they are contrary at all, but are situation specific, kino particularly is essential. What I will try to convey to you is a way of cultivating a mindset that will allow you more opportunities to apply those situational strategies.

I am a poker player and have recently finished reading a book by Mike "The Mad Genius" Caro. One of the things that he talks about in his book is having a having a positive mindset is not only good for your mental health but it also contributes to your success at the poker table and is profitable.

This is something that struck me as something that not only applies to poker, but to many aspects of life, including meeting women and dating.

One of the points he makes is about not talking about bad things that have happened to him at the poker table. When you talk about the the bad things that have happened to you, it reinforces a negative mindset/belief. Not only that but the people listening to you begin to for an opinion of you that is not to your advantage. Also, having a negative mindset will mean you are spending a lot of mental energy with no good return.

When you are worried about getting a number, or whether or not so likes you, or if you are going to get rejected again, you are getting bogged down by negative thoughts and focusing on the wrong things.

How this translates to meeting women for example, well if you complain about getting rejected a lot, then that's going to reinforce negative beliefs about your self and the people who are listening to your complaints are going to see you as the guy that gets turned down a lot. This lessens the chance that those people are going to want to date you.

If you look at rejection in a positive light, it's going to reinforce a positive mindset, you are not going to complain about it. If you are getting turned down a lot, it simply means that you have the balls to approach a lot. Who is going to complain about having balls?

As Caro says in his book, you need to focus on long term profitability. What that means in part is that you should be focusing less on short term results such as the ones I just mentioned, and start focusing on things like making your interactions with others more positive experiences. Having a positive mindset also makes it a lot easier for you to convey an image that that people can be comfortable with.

However, it's not enough for people to be comfortable with you, they also have to think that you are a little bit wild and unpredictable. You don't have to go out and get a tattoo or beat someone up to do this. All you really need to do is stop caring about the results of each individual situation as long as you are having positive interaction. And if that particular interaction wasn't positive then it's still not a big deal because the next one will be with another person.

Think about who you rather invite to a party or a night out. Are you going to wanna hang out with your buddy that is always having a good time and making sure others do to, or are you going invite your friend that is frustrated all the time and always whining about something or other.

I know who I would invite out. I know that those two examples are extreme, but you have to ask yourself which guy would you rather be?

Cultivating a positive mindset can and usually is the difference between being the guy who has trouble with women and being the guy who is a force to be reckoned with.

Gro0ver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this Sharingan.

For me, I think I generally have a positive mindset and am able to bounce back from most setbacks quite quickly. However one part that I definitely took note of the was the focusing on long-term profitability rather than short-term results.

A lot of the time we seem to worry about small details that really aren't going to affect the bigger picture.

The human brain is too good at what it does....it thinks far too much and most of the thinking is just useless crap. But, if we are going to think about something, we should think about what is going to benefit us in the long-term, rather than worrying about minor short-term stuff.

Nicholas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting.

Is this books focused on live or online poker?
Is this your correlation with real life or is it also spoken about in book?

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicholas said:
Interesting.

Is this books focused on live or online poker?
Is this your correlation with real life or is it also spoken about in book?

The book focused on live games, both limit and no limit games. Also the correlation with real life is my own thoughts, not spoken about in the book.