Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Initiating conversation........

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been a lot of discusssion in the past regarding how to initiate conversation with women. The question continues to be asked: "How do I approach her?" A Don Juan here named 'BGC' mentioned his success with the 'say something, anything' approach. At the time I realized that this was how I have been successful meeting women in the past and successful since then. I prefer the 'witty, say something, anything' approach over anything else, even the "Hi, I'm DJ de Florida" approach.

No pick-up line, no question, no name introduction. Just say something. Here are some examples:

1) You and her are waiting at the check-out desk at your college library. You see her with a stack of psychology books. You simply say "I read those last week. They were so enjoyable I was going to read them again" with a confident smile and sarcastic voice.

Gauge her response and go with it.

2) You are walking in the courtyard near your work and see a woman eating a sandwich. You walk by her and say "chicken, beef, or hummus" with a friendly voice and smile.

3) You in the mall and see her by herself in the sporting goods store holding a tennis raquet. You walk by her and say "Remember to give me lessons after winning your first Wimbledon" with a smile.

You just have to say something relating to the situation at hand. Look in her eyes with a smile and say it like you already know her.

------------------
Don Juan de Florida

ESPN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

Each situation require a different approach.

DJTOBE

Don Juan
Reaction score
Def, so true. Completely agree

I started out with just the typical hey's and hi's, but the more I did this, it eventually helped me become more creative with intros and approaches. You can even use a few canned ones, that you create and have high results with, if the situation prevails.

Eg.. I was at I concert type event over the weekend and one that I used a couple of times was, when I was standing around with my boys just BS, I would take notice to any girl only small groups talking like they were having a blast, lots of gesture, smiles etc..., then walk up to them and say something like your convo looks like it's a lot of fun, then when you learn what their talking about make a comment about how it really wasn't that fun after all and start to act like your going to walk away. That worked like gold 3 out of the 4 times I used it.

So my suggestion is for newbies : Train by using the simple hey's and hi's and once your completely comfortable with that, then the witty creative approaches become so easy. Don’t feel like you need the perfect line.

Big JC

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys, havent posted in ages just been lurking and learning the trade. I just thought id share this with you though:

I recently met a guy in a club here in London and learnt what i consider to be the THE BEST way to do a "cold approach".

I've tried it myself and I gotta say it is so simple but works so perfectly.

just walk up extend your hand to shake and say "hi im....." they will ALWAYS shake your hand back and say their name so as not to seem rude. then you just take it from there and talk about whats going on around you.

SIMPLE.

jamesskeith

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ de Florida, you got a talent my friend..I have self help material from all over the world regarding the topic of starting conversations with women and your witty/positive conversation starters leave me stumbled and mind boggled because of their ingenius. There is some sort of slight "angle" that I see your mind has about humor and life that I have never been taught as far as starting conversations with women..you need to let us know more of your wisdom on this subject or even to write a book and cash in on this..I feel a hint of the mindset from some of your examples that is required for your approaches. When you say to her about the tennis lessons the idea I think I see is, "use the old psychology of the book "How to Win Friends and Infuence people", and make her feel like you believe she has tremendous potential and importance, then ask her to share her skill and status with you"
Awesome!

James

polgas

Reaction score
To DJ de Florida,

Hey DJ! You gonna buy that?! Cash in on your talents by writing a book about your techniques- that's unconstitutional!!!!
You should share your knowledge for free for all of us hapless guys who are desperate for advice on their love lives!!

C'mon hombre! We need you!!!
polgas

BubbaDaPimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thats awesome and all, heres the truth of it though.

How come ive tried it, and it didnt work? perhaps its the girls im trying it on, if any of you are familiar with anime Fangirls then you might know how hard it is to come up with a good long lasting conversation at a convention, yes I am an Otaku for those who know what that is...

I suggest any DJ to go to one, its a blast.. 3 days of some of the hottest ladies you've ever laid eyes on, and no competition accept for a few men dressed as characters from series.

Anyhew, Yes... over the weekend that I went to one I did come up with some rather amuseing for fun pick up lines that were made for a good slap in the face, BUT the mere Hello's, and even Talking about anything did not work, not only did I not get laid that weekend.. (and between you and I this is a something, I have a fanclub of women so its not looks) in fact the conversations I had only lasted 2-3 retorts and we went our merry old ways, the most that happened was that I got to walk a hot asian chick around on a leash for a while, but that doesnt count for much.

There is another local con comming up.... question is, will I have mastered my skills by then or be a weak whatever ya callem?, and what is Kino... while im at it, what is that term you call losers who cannot score a chick useing DJ means or whatever?

Ive been frequenting this site for 2 years now and still dont know everything I need to know, but ive gotten pretty far useing the techniques.

Anyways ill leave it at that.

------------------
Hay how come I wanta makem feel so good and I still cant standem?

whosyurdaddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ de Florida, great post man. That's exactly the approach I use in initiating convos and almost always get a laugh out of them.

However, for the life of me I can't seem to find a witty anything comment to make in bars and dance clubs. I can't seem to find anything unique about the situation other than them either standing there talking to a friend, standing or sitting there not talking, or walking by me doing nothing out of the ordinary. In a public place I can usually always find something unique to talk about, but not here where my potential success rate is best because the women are actually LOOKING to get hit on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

------------------
*Quiting is not an option*

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn, this is tight. May just be what i was looking for.

------------------
- My rIdE...
- ITR *JDM*...what you got bytch?
- Bomb diggity!

Never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be.

Pain is weakness leavin the body.

Success is my only muthafukkin option, failures not!

AIM- oakraiderz2
email-cwoodson6@hotmail.com

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ de Florida said:
Don Juan de Florida
"No pick-up line, no question, no name introduction. Just say something"

--> pook says talk about something related to the surroundings, e.g. give her
unsolicited advice. and jump right into the hi how are you

--> pimpologist talks about opening convo with "where ya from ? " which might be better when you aren't in such a guarded place like malls, etc.

Boschy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I like that say anything tip. It's good if you can't think of a situational opener. Better that than nothing, right?? Sweet. Plus I like the illogical tone of it. Some women can tend to connect the dots with these kinds of lines than something logical and/or obvious.

In venues I've been trying the sit down routine. You see girls sitting down talking. You find a spot right next to them (on the same seat) and just sit down, perhaps with a witty line like, "Oh that's better. My heels were killing me!" And then riff into conversation. "So how do you all know each other", "Is this a models convention?", "You were all on Australian Idol, right?" and so on.

Beware of women sitting alone. I've had gorillas -- you know, dudes who create solar eclipses when they walk past the sun -- return to their girlfriends from the bar as I was chatting away to them. Best to stand up immediately and make friendly banter with boyfriendzilla. The girl might be his single sister, you never know.