Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

anyone ever give a businees card to a taken women?

whosthat

Don Juan
Reaction score
i had recently started a small business, and heard of some guys maybe giving there card to a girl, and wondering some of yalls opinons on it. if a girl is single and she said she wasnt dating wright now ect. i wouldnt bother giving her one, since she just not interested. when a girl has a man(not married or engaged just in a relatioship), i think you never know, her man or she could break up anytime and she might have thought you were a really good lookin guy possibly succesful and keep your card for possibly that instance. now i know the percentages would be rather really low on a good looking girl probly bothering to keep your card or ever bother using it, since they get lots of attention, but i see it as theres nothing to loose and theres one, one day that possibly might just use it huh?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's kind of try-hard. You shouldn't overtly tell a woman that you're successful. Let her find out on her own.

However, writing her number down on one of your own business cards is cool. Just don't make a big show out of it.

Women can smell supplication from a mile away.

whosthat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice said:
It's kind of try-hard. You shouldn't overtly tell a woman that you're successful. Let her find out on her own.

However, writing her number down on one of your own business cards is cool. Just don't make a big show out of it.

Women can smell supplication from a mile away.
i dont understand why you would be writing her number down on a card if shes taken, if she gave me her number if she was interested i would put it in my phone wright?

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vice got his words mixed up, I think. You have nothing to lose by giving you her card. If she is interested she will give you a call. Handing a girl your business call is quick and efficient to getting good results. I honestly don't want to get every girls number that I am interested in. I can text them a couple times and have my tmie wasten figuring out that she has a man or she just isn't interested. If you give them your number and tell them when to hit you up then that is better. If/When she does hit you up there is a 100% chance she is interested in you. Ain't no way around it.

Maximummax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is o ne thing
Don't mix your business life with personal life.
If you are on a business trip handle interactions as formal. But i don't think its a good idea to use your business cards to pick up chicks. Even if you own your own business that might hurt it.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Through personal experience, as with giving YOUR number to a girl, only a few girls will ever respond. You have to ask for theirs too. Its too snotty just throwin them a card, trying to be alpha and expecting a call. The trick is too hand your business card and ask for theirs.

The strange thing is, I only thought about this today, as I was at the gas station and the most MOFO MILF was fillin up. Oh my days shes was begging for nuttin, ooohh, I said to my worker, watch me. Strolled over to her 45 year old butt, and used my classic " Hi there, Im Mark, Im a tree surgeon, and if you need any trees cutting, call me, if u dont have any trees, I'll trim your bush, no problem".............. she smiled and took the card........ I'll leave it as a maybe ;)

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
TonyBaloney said:
Through personal experience, as with giving YOUR number to a girl, only a few girls will ever respond. You have to ask for theirs too. Its too snotty just throwin them a card, trying to be alpha and expecting a call. The trick is too hand your business card and ask for theirs.

I have to respectfully disagree with you my friend.

One of the best ways to tell if a woman is truly interested in you is if she CALLS YOU. Think about it for a minute: imagine how many times an attractive woman gives out (or has the opportunity to give out) her number in a week to random guys who approach and ask for it. You can get a woman's number today, call her a few days later, and she may act like she doesn't even know you (and she genuinely might not remember you).

Contrary to popular belief, getting a woman's number doesn't necessarily mean she's interested in you. Women give out their numbers for different reasons (E.g. just to be nice, ego gratification, flattery,etc.). Sure, fewer women my actually call you, but you'll know the ones who do are definitely interested.

However, if a woman calls YOU first, that's a very good indication that she has a high degree of interest in you....Giving out your number/card is a good way to "work with the willing," so to speak, instead of trying to seduce a girl whose interest is either not as strong as yours or is nonexistent.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
While it's nice to fantasize about girls calling us, that is not reality.

Giving your card is ok in terms of showing a woman you have a stable address, but there is only a 1% chance a girl will call you if you give her your card. Even if they like you they won't call. Plus, it's seen as weak, and a way to avoid rejection. Why not look her right in the eye and say "What do you think?"

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
While it's nice to fantasize about girls calling us, that is not reality.

Giving your card is ok in terms of showing a woman you have a stable address, but there is only a 1% chance a girl will call you if you give her your card. Even if they like you they won't call. Plus, it's seen as weak, and a way to avoid rejection. Why not look her right in the eye and say "What do you think?"

A 1% chance? Where do you get your statistics from? If a man presents himself well, exudes confidence, and at the end of a conversation hands out a card and says "It was a pleasure talking to you. Give me a call on Friday (or any day you choose) so we can make plans for (fill in the blank)." That comes off as weak to you?

Calling a girl first doesn't necessarily increase your odds. Ultimately, either she's interested, or she isn't, and if she is, she'll call you. Period. Simply put, handing out cards is a great way to screen girls, because if they call you, you KNOW they're interested.

It's worked for me, anyway, when I was single....

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jglide man, With respect, your either very young or very inexperienced.

In principle, every man would think handing over a suave looking card would work, but it doesnt. You have either been very randomly lucky or your exagerating your stats with perhaps a few lucky call backs, and thinking that how it is, when it isnt.

How do I know this? Because I thought exactly like you, as I had early success which I now put down to luck. You live and learn, and a few non call backs will confirm my viewpoint to you.

I'd say at the very most, a one in 20 - and to be honest, a girl who shows her hand as that desperate is screaming red flags - do u see what i'm saying?

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jglide man, With respect, your either very young or very inexperienced.

In principle, every man would think handing over a suave looking card would work, but it doesnt. You have either been very randomly lucky or your exagerating your stats with perhaps a few lucky call backs, and thinking that how it is, when it isnt.

How do I know this? Because I thought exactly like you, as I had early success which I now put down to luck. You live and learn, and a few non call backs will confirm my viewpoint to you.

I'd say at the very most, a one in 20 - and to be honest, a girl who shows her hand as that desperate is screaming red flags - do u see what i'm saying?

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 29, with a good amount of experience with women. Exaggerating what stats, Tony? I've had girls call me, and I've called some girls. I simply think it's more effective to have them call you (while specifying a time). Also, if I hand out 20 cards and you get 20 numbers, the odds aren't drastically different: some chicks will be interested, some wont. It's called life.

So you think that getting a girls number, you somehow increase your odds? As I stated before, a chick is either interested or not. You calling 1st, or 2nd, or 25th makes no real difference. Trust me, if a girl is interested in you, she'll call you.

There is nothing wrong with calling girls, but every schmuck out there is asking chicks for their numbers, calling them, trying to game them. Why not try something different every once and a while?

whosthat

Don Juan
Reaction score
jglide123 said:
I'm 29, with a good amount of experience with women. Exaggerating what stats, Tony? I've had girls call me, and I've called some girls. I simply think it's more effective to have them call you (while specifying a time). Also, if I hand out 20 cards and you get 20 numbers, the odds aren't drastically different: some chicks will be interested, some wont. It's called life.

So you think that getting a girls number, you somehow increase your odds? As I stated before, a chick is either interested or not. You calling 1st, or 2nd, or 25th makes no real difference. Trust me, if a girl is interested in you, she'll call you.

There is nothing wrong with calling girls, but every schmuck out there is asking chicks for their numbers, calling them, trying to game them. Why not try something different every once and a while?
well said

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jglide123 said:

True but you will lose some chances with girls who have interest in you. Most girls are too scared to make the first move unless they're really desperate. All due to social conditioning.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
jglide123 said:
A 1% chance? Where do you get your statistics from?
I'm quoting Louis/Copeland "How to Succeed with Women" (2000), validated by my personal 25 years of dating HB8+ women. I thought that giving out my card was cool at age 26. In 1996.

jglide123 said:
If a man presents himself well, exudes confidence, and at the end of a conversation hands out a card and says "It was a pleasure talking to you. Give me a call on Friday (or any day you choose) so we can make plans for (fill in the blank)."
Winner! AFC of the week!

jglide123 said:
That comes off as weak to you?
Yes.

I would have kissed her and gotten her number versus trying to sound like Clark Gable and leaving it to chance.

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
bigneil said:
I'm quoting Louis/Copeland "How to Succeed with Women" (2000), validated by my personal 25 years of dating HB8+ women. I thought that giving out my card was cool at age 26. In 1996.

Winner! AFC of the week!

Yes.

I would have kissed her and gotten her number versus trying to sound like Clark Gable and leaving it to chance.
I get AFC of the Week? Wow! Thanks bro!

Since I've reached the pinnacle of AFCism, perhaps I should get some really nifty routines, study the habits of some great alpha males, become an alpha myself, and work my way up to over 1,000 posts like you! Then I can be a super alpha male ...Just....like....YOU!

Then maybe, just MAYBE, around post 850 or so...I could be Alpha Male of the week!!! Then maybe I can date HB 8's too....

Thanks bro! You just gave me something to aspire to!

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your trippin Bigneil. If giving girls your number is AFC then I'm the biggest AFC on this board. I got too much going on to be playing games with girls on the phone. By me being direct and giving them instructions I can easily tell if there really trying to mess with me or not. No games and no time wasten.

TonyBaloney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@ prettyboy - I am not disputing giving cards to women, I just KNOW that via social conditioning, its not the case that u will have as higher sucess rate as MUTUALLY exchanging numbers or asking for their number - Come on prettyboy, get ur head out of ur arse - we're all players here, it looks insecure trying to make urself out to be a supreme master of this. Everybody gets knock backs. Harder they fall and all that......

@jglide123 - I think from ur last post, we reached the meat of what your saying "whats wrong with trying a new tactic" thats very different to being a long established, successful way. Other DJs of experience are saying here, that its a dead end street. Think about it.....

Tony

jglide123

Don Juan
Reaction score
PrettyBoyAJ said:
Your trippin Bigneil. If giving girls your number is AFC then I'm the biggest AFC on this board. I got too much going on to be playing games with girls on the phone. By me being direct and giving them instructions I can easily tell if there really trying to mess with me or not. No games and no time wasten.

Exactly AJ!

These guys think that by calling a chick, they are somehow in control of the situation. Again, nothing necessarily wrong with calling a girl, but it's a matter of working with chicks who you KNOW are interested, rather than wasting time calling ones who have lukewarm interest levels at best.

I'm speaking from experience, not theory or something that I read from a book. As I've gotten older, I'm just more direct and to the point. When I was younger, I'd spent years getting girls' numbers. Some turned out well, while many of them flaked or really weren't that interested (imagine how many guys call attractive girls).

Once again: by giving a chick your number, you discover her level of interest much more definitely. If she calls, cool. If she doesn't, then that's one less time-wasting, flaky chick you have to deal with. All in all, it's a numbers game, just like getting a girls number; some will be feeling you, some wont, no big deal either way.

Sure, most chicks probably wont call if you give them your number, but with the ones who do, you know half the work is already done.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
PrettyBoy wrote "No games and no time wasten" as he gives out HIS number??

Why not ask her if she wants to talk to you?

BTW, I'm quoting a classic book (actually found at Barnes and Noble) that I read 12 years ago, and which I applied for 12 years, scoring with at least 50 hot women over that time, and never once giving out my card (unless it had a party invitation on it or she asked for it).

Once again: by giving a chick your number you show her you are wussy who fears rejection. It is a very big deal either way, you wuss.