Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your thoughts on Jordan Peterson

endurmancer

Don Juan
Reaction score
A madman can be truth seeking yet never come to a knowledge of it.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the man is a breath of fresh air.. Someone for MEN to look upto.. I rate him... Awesome guy!

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started listening to him a few months ago. While it is difficult "for me" to understand him at times due the big words and the way he explains things, he is a truth seeker and someone I look up to.

What I like about him is how cool and honest he is. If he doesn't know the answer to something he simply says " I dont know" rather than make up some BS.

Looking forward to reading his book.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's a smart guy. If he says something, he can back it up.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he might have gotten in over his head. He started filming all his lectures a long time ago, and put them up on YouTube and was asking for donations via patreon. Then one thing led to another and now he's more famous than I think he ever thought he'd be. Most of the stuff he says regarding sosuave type stuff is common sense. I think he leans a little too heavily on the Jungian archetype stuff, sometimes confusing metaphor for reality.

I tend to be a bit on the skeptical side when somebody more or less pops up out of nowhere into the mainstream and is heralded as a savior by certain groups. Tends to shut off critical thinking.

I tend to think of him along with plenty of others are who not shy about bemoaning the loss of masculinity and dangerous rise of feminism / progressive. Thankfully there are no shortage of these types. Just have to know where to look.

But he also brings in a lot of (what I think) unnecessary philosophical type stuff.

A bigger issue, IMO is that PLENTY of other folks with the same ideas a have been saying the same stuff for decades, but it requires doing some digging to find them.

But somehow ideas aren't accepted into the mainstream unless they show up in your social media feed, which is essentially how Peterson became famous.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he might have gotten in over his head. He started filming all his lectures a long time ago, and put them up on YouTube and was asking for donations via patreon. Then one thing led to another and now he's more famous than I think he ever thought he'd be. Most of the stuff he says regarding sosuave type stuff is common sense. I think he leans a little too heavily on the Jungian archetype stuff, sometimes confusing metaphor for reality.
I actually think that he has a fairly narrow focus of what he talks about. He seems to deliberately only make the points that can be backed up by research, and doesn't like to go beyond that. There was another video on here somewhere of him being interviewed by a female who kept trying to bait him by making broad accusations, but he kept pointing out that he had not said that. He kept bringing the conversation back to the narrow position that he was actually espousing, and would not allow himself to be tricked out of it. That's one reason he's so successful, IMO.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he is blue pill

brilliant.... but ultimately blue pill
I think that sticks to him because of christianity. Otherwise, you could always learn sth from listening to him, I think.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He kept bringing the conversation back to the narrow position that he was actually espousing, and would not allow himself to be tricked out of it. That's one reason he's so successful, IMO.
That's the "one" video that made him famous. He's got hundreds (maybe even thousands) of others where he is mostly making unproveable philosophical points that are based on esoteric Jungian, mythological, etc. ideas.

He makes plenty of points in his vids that can't be provable or disprovable.

In general he's like a gigantic Rorschach test. People tend to see a reflection of themselves, since his video topics that he posts of him teaching are generally all over the place.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the "one" video that made him famous. He's got hundreds (maybe even thousands) of others where he is mostly making unproveable philosophical points that are based on esoteric Jungian, mythological, etc. ideas.
Well, maybe I haven't seen those videos. The videos that I have seen with him, most of them are very repetitive, and the things he said in them didn't strike me as being esoteric or controversial. Seems to me he just sort of stuck to what he knew.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
no.

its because his philosphies are too idealistic.

if you pay close enough attention, he doesnt nearly address reality as much as it seems.

his ideas remind me more of the beta kid who promised himself to "never be like his father"
Rolla says the same thing. That he likes him/his views but a lot of what he says his steeped in blue pill idealization. Rollo did the opposite of you: he wrote a 500 page essay to explain why (I think there's a two hour video interview with him and two other "red pillers" where they basically talk about Jordan Peterson. No time or desire to read/listen to that much chatter about why they disagree with the man/think he's blue pill. Where as you don't really expand or express adequately why you think he's blue pill.

Either opinion doesn't really matter. Dividing the world into who's blue pill or red pill seems futile. It's not always that black and white, or red or blue.

"everything you hear is an opinion, not a fact" and all that...

Personally, given his opinion on why there exists a gender pay gap (not in the way feminists say there is) his opinion and analyst seem very much steeped in reality.

I would say his "12 rules for life: an antidote to chaos" would be more helpful than certain pure full on red pill alpha books. Tells you what personality traits are worth taping into if you want to progress at your job, rather than just saying be alpha brah