Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where is your money invested?

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Equities are likely to get slaughtered with rising interest rates. Think of going a bit more over-weight in gold and Bitcoin.
Rising interest rates are a result of a strong economy and the stock market has gone higher, if we look back at history.I won’t touch Bitcoin for now.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got an investing App called Robinhood. Not sure what to buy.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got an investing App called Robinhood. Not sure what to buy.
I use Robinhood as well. Everyone has their own opinion as to what to buy/invest in. However, the strategy that each person takings depends on their financial goals, the amount of risk that can be taken on, how much money one wants to allocate towards buying equities (stocks), amongst other things.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dollar cost average in Vanguard funds. I have a 3rd in Vanguard International, a 3rd in Vanguard Total Market and 20% in Vanguard Bond and the rest in Vanguard S & P Growth fund since the crash. I'm up respectively we north of 50% in all funds except the bond, where I am up around 16%. I add approx. 200 a month to each fund automatically. That's for my retirement. For my regular investments, I am 50% Vanguard S & P, 20% Vanguard Healthcare, 20% Vanguard REIT, 10% Vanguard NY Muni Bond with automatic reinvestments. My 1 year emergency fund is in a 2% online savings account at Popular Direct. The rest is in a rewards checking account earning 3% from LMCU. I also buy one or two buildings to expand my real estate portfolio as well each year.

The bond funds are to balance out the risk on the market.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I use Robinhood as well. Everyone has their own opinion as to what to buy/invest in. However, the strategy that each person takings depends on their financial goals, the amount of risk that can be taken on, how much money one wants to allocate towards buying equities (stocks), amongst other things.
The only thing I'm dead sure about is Bitcoin. Netflix or Amazon... maybe.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bitcoin and Etherium are in correction territory. When it drops another 25% +, then one can buy some coin. Now, still too high.
I DCA BTC. If it's up, I buy. If it's down, I buy. For some people, in certain countries, BTC IS their bank account.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I DCA BTC. If it's up, I buy. If it's down, I buy. For some people, in certain countries, BTC IS their bank account.
Right now, both I mentioned are in correction territory. Too high to buy. DCA with BTC or ETH is very very risky.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTC or ETH is very very risky.
Yes, for those who haven't been following since 2010. It's nerd money, and I'm a BIG nerd!

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all comes down to supply and demand, but what percentage of investors are speculating?
The supply of BTC is a known factor unlike gold. So, not much speculation there. Demand will steadily increase more and more as people seek to throw off the chains of governmental slavery.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bitcoin in my mind has a mania about it - the price is reflexive in nature. I would classify this as speculation to some degree, even though the underlying tech has promise. If the merits of BTC are reference in price which is often, you know the mania component is built into sentiment. Ben Graham would not classify bitcoin as a suitable investment.

The energy sector is performing well, and I am invested into individual companies in this space. I am also short tesla motors. My tesla short has performed very well this year ( and overall as well).

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is backing the crypto currencies. Gold has an intrinsic value. The dollar, even as fiat currency, is backed by the US Congress. Who's backing bitcoin? Thin air.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing is backing the crypto currencies. Gold has an intrinsic value. The dollar, even as fiat currency, is backed by the US Congress. Who's backing bitcoin? Thin air.
That’s my concern.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's backed by the blockchain.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's backed by the blockchain.
Well, I feel safer now. I will buy a million dollars worth of bitcoin because it's backed by the blockchain. Who owns/runs the blockchain? Who knows...It has no governing body nor a regulatory committee. Gold has been around for 5000+ years. Bitcoin? Nine...

It's okay to play some mad money on it, but that is about it. Unless you're the Winkelvoss twins, this is a very dangerous game to play. Even then, they've lost a sh!t ton of dough.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I feel safer now. I will buy a million dollars worth of bitcoin because it's backed by the blockchain. Who owns/runs the blockchain? Who knows...It has no governing body nor a regulatory committee. Gold has been around for 5000+ years. Bitcoin? Nine...

It's okay to play some mad money on it, but that is about it. Unless you're the Winkelvoss twins, this is a very dangerous game to play. Even then, they've lost a sh!t ton of dough.
Don't buy something you don't understand. Go with what you know.